Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #61  

Just finished planting more flowers. Almost done....but it's supposed to rain so it might be a few days. I didn't eat supper tonight......too busy planting. ha! How are you doing purple eggplant?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #62  

Just wanted to post something short to show off the new avatar.. that way Carolr and I won't get mixed up!
Have a wonderful day to all !!!

PE
purple eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #63  

Cute cat. I picked up one of our cats the other day and immediately my eyes started to itch and did so all day. It seems to only happen some times of the year. If you're not to opposed to Gwen she has an interesting interview with Tyra Banks on her website. Take the good, leave the other.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #64  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gals! Long time no see. I have been doing the "Lords Table" course, and it has been such a blessing to me. Im still struggling with only eating when im hungry, but i have improved so much. I am still working on losing weight that i regained. Slowly but surely its coming off. I hope yall are doing great. God bless.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #65  

Looks like you are doing really well, 100%me. Any tips for those of us how aren't? Do you exercise? Does TLT recommend exercise? Weigh Down doesn't at least for weight loss.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #66  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

TLT says its good to exersice, but not neccessary. Each day when you do the lesson it asks if you have done any exercise. I think that this has really changed the way i look at food. Food isnt the enemy, i am, because of my sin. Im still having trouble with my weight. A couple months ago i started birthcontrol pills, and as a result gained 15-20 pounds. That was really hard for me, because i wanted to give up. I stopped taking the pills and with 5 days had lost 6 pounds. So im sitting at about 160ish. It amazes me how many times i can lose weight, gain weight, lose weight, gain weight, ect ect.

I have a question. Are you guys eating very much food? When i listen to my stomache, i am hardly ever hungry. If you would go by the diet experts (which say that i can eat over 2000 calories to maintain my body weight, yeas right) i am like, starving myself on the amount of food im eating. But the fact is, im just not hungry very much. I just dont want to be harming my body with this lack of food. So, has anyone else taken a HUGE decrease in food intake?
Hope everyone is doing good!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #67  

Default hunger

100%me, I am usually quite hungry several times a day and also have a hard time losing but have been on prednisone for almost 2 yr. I am especially hungry first thing in the morning. When I was first on the prednisone I gained 30lb in about 4mo following a nice weight loss due to illness. I hadn't been thin in 20 yr and looked pretty good. I knew the prednisone would do that but I was headed toward dialysis so not much choice. I've been battling it ever since...losing weight, that is. Lately I've been trying to go to bed a little hungry but I have to be really tired or I can't sleep.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #68  

S/C/G: SW 210/CW 208/GW 115

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

I'm new the forums and WD. I'm in week one of Exodus out of Egypt online class. I was seeing a nutritionist for nearly 7 months losing and regaining the same 12 pounds before discovering WD. I was eating more than I have on any weight loss diet before. Now, I'm eating so little and it feels great not having to write down every thing that I eat or eat special foods. I have also seen a therapist to learn new coping skills instead of always eating to deal with my emotions. Again after seven months, we've never discussed coping skills and I've realized that God is the only one that can help me.
I'm glad I found this forum you all sound real supportive of one another!
sandee3506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 204/188/164

Height: 5'7 1/2

I'm new to this forum and I've never posted to one before so I hope I'm doing this right...I first read WD Aug 2006 and lost 19 lbs by Jan 2007.... eating whatever I want! Its now July and I have gained 3 lbs back. I have two questions 1) Do you really think I can get to my goal without ANY exercise? I have been at 188 lbs for a month. 2) Can you really eat WHATEVER you want forever? My body never wants vegtables and I'm worried about what I may do to my health. I was shocked when my body asked for fruits because I don't really like those either. Maybe if I give it time my body will call for vegtables....
rachcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:51 AM   #70  

I'm new too. I just had to answer your questions.

Yes you can lose weight with WD without exercise - all the way to goal.

I did WD when it first came out - about 10 years ago. It was a great program. It worked for me. I did the first program through my church then was a leader of a group once or twice. I started at 170 lbs and went down to 108 - size 16-18 down to a size 4. Losing weight gave me confidence and a new lease on life.
Now, while I still have the confidence, I've started slowly gaining and am up to 138 and a size 8-10. I know I'm not big yet, but I'm a slow gainer and it will be back before I realize it so I've been searching for something to help me get back on track. I eat entirely too much. My problem is that not only did I get away from WD, I got away from GOD and am having a hard time coming back. Looking back over my post, I can see that the WD principles I learned are still in me, I think my deal is in my relationship with GOD.
I really never got into the author of the book or her teaching so much that I believed what she believes about GOD - I only agree with her on the dieting/eating issues. We are too big because we eat too much. Over-indulgence in anything is sin and we need to seek GOD and repent. When I did the program I sought GOD, not Gwen. My bible was the mainstay of the program-I read it without a bible study (outside of my weekly WD) and sought GOD for what he had to say to me. I remember reading through several chapters and praying a LOT. I did listen to the weekly tapes and they were great-there wasn't any weird doctrine in the first things she published. I haven't listened to the new stuff. I still have the old tapes. I only read the first 2 or 3 chapters of the WD book.
I also have read posts asking about how much others are eating. While you are losing you will sometimes eat very little. There were days that I would eat 1/4 of a sandwich for lunch. It's ok. Just take multi-vitamins if you aren't comfortable that you are getting what you need. I know "She" preaches against this, but I am also in healthcare and I believe GOD gave us brains with good common sense. BUT if you eat within the boundaries of hunger, eat what your body is craving, pray and seek GOD you will lose and still be healthy. I can say that while listening to my body I try to chose healthy food. If I crave ice cream sometimes I may eat ice cream, but other times I realize that I may just need the milk that is in it and will drink a glass of milk. It works and satisfies the craving.
One other point. If you are at a standstill and not losing, re-evaluate what you are eating, is it too much? Remember even if it looks small to you, it may be more than you realize. Follow a thin eater for a day or two. Watch a thin co-worker eat, etc.
I'll be glad to answer any other questions.
Can you tell me how the online class goes and how it works. I've thought of doing one, or either starting up a WD group in our town. I just don't know if anyone will come due to the controversy surrounding Gwen's beliefs.
quarternote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 204/188/164

Height: 5'7 1/2

Thanks..that helps alot. I have been relying on my own strength to stop eating when I am hungry instead of praying. There as been a couple of times that I just aggravated with the small amounts of food that by body actually needs. Its was unbelievable when I first started because the food was so much less than what I was accustomed to eating. The first 17 lbs was lost while I was eating sweets every single day (like 1 or 2 cookies, small piece of cake etc....) I guess I could curb that a little w/o depriving myself and add some health stuff. I do love cucumbers, spinach, watermelon but I never eat those things. I have never taken the class online so I don't know what its like. I lead a small group at church last year.
rachcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #72  

I checked this thread for a long time and there was nothing new. Glad to see the new posts. I still practice intuitive eating with God's help and have lost very slowly. I'll take anything because I'm on prednisone and it's hard. I do exercise and feel better for it. But I think you can lose without it. There is also an intuitive eating thread here where I post a lot.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #73  

S/C/G: SW 210/CW 208/GW 115

Height: 5'4"

The online class is alright. I've missed the last two sessions though due to work. The only thing I don't like is that the only time you can watch the video is during your class session (it's online only, you can't purchase). They don't want you to go back and rewatch them...which for me always helps to go back and watch again for motivation or whatnot. You have a workbook and cd to listen to. Personally I would like a local class to go to online classes are too easy to "avoid" I think. The closest one for me is 2 hours away. With all the controversy around Gwen I'm not too eager to try to start a group here on my own. At any rate, I haven't fully committed to the program. I'm afraid of it being too easy or short lived weight loss. I need to lose 100 pounds, though the testimonies are great and inspired me to sign up for the program, I just can't seem to "get into it". Ironically, it was easier for me to do a 17 day juice fast than work this program. I'm not really sure what the hang up is for me. For any of you that experienced this or something similar, how did you move past it? I'm desperate for answers...thanks for listening.
sandee3506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #74  

Hi everyone! Here is a little info from a newsletter I get called Beyond Chocolate.

Don't count on it: why calorie counting doesn't work
by Surinder Phull, Head Nutritionist at Eatwell.co.uk

One of my aims as a nutritional therapist is to encourage clients to shift their focus away from weight loss and start to concentrate on good health and enjoyment of food. Yet I am often met with an enormous obstacle; obsession with 'The Calorie'.

When I suggest that a veteran dieter might try butter, Brazil nuts, olive oil, or cashew nut butter (absolutely delicious if you have never tried it!) or even avocados I can almost see the red alert signals flashing on their in-built calorie counter. I try and assure the sceptics that (although calorific) these foods may actually improve metabolism and help long term weight management but all too often the calorie mentality kicks in. Too many calories are bad. Low calorie is good. Simple.

The problem is that our bodies are not simple. The way we deal with foods is complex and calories are just a crude indication of the effect food may have. Granted, if you were to severely restrict your calorie intake you would probably lose weight but that is tantamount to starvation and you don't need to do any clever calorific sums to work that out. Other than that calorie counting is essentially flawed and here are a few reasons why:

A calorie is a unit of heat. Calorie content of food is calculated by the heat it generates in a device called a calorimeter. Well there's the obvious flaw. Our bodies are not calorimeters. The way we digest food particular foods varies enormously between individuals and depends on the quality and type of food we eat not just its calorie content.

The second flaw is that not every unit of food we eat is used for energy. For example certain foods used for repair of muscles, building hair nails or skin. Certain fats in particular are needed to produce hormones that regulate our blood sugar and metabolism and help maintain a regular weight. How much an individual needs to meet these requirements is impossible to measure in numbers.

So when I encourage individuals to focus on their needs, their bodies are supplied with the foods that make them healthier, happier and (if they need to) gradually lose weight. Science aside, experience has shown that me this really works. So if you are a serial calorie counter it is time to stop punishing your body with deprivation and gruelling mental arithmetic and start nourishing your body with the delicious foods it is crying out for.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #75  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Did you gals see the story over in Support thread ...happy news thread...on the people on the Weigh Down diet? Cool!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote