Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:38 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Kristen, Great job getting those miles in. Sorry to hear about your toostsies though...maybe NB has some kind of exchange program or something...it's worth a try.

Noelle, There's the girl I know and love...get out there and conquer that goal...YGG!! As for the pre-school. I don't think 14-2 is such a bad ratio myself as long as the teachers are qualified people you feel comfortable with. Maybe you need to surprise visit a few times and maybe there ae volunteers at times etc..., but I am one of those mothers that feel children need unorganized time to learn to get along and work out there independence and stuff, but I know I'm in the minority many times. What really matters is that you and your son feel comfortable with his surrounding. good luck in your search.

Cristi, What a great idea...to take a nap...too many of us ignore our bodies signals that it needs a little down time. I hope you get a great snoozy! Today would be a great day to take a nap here in WI. We had terrible humidity and heat for 3 days, and then yesterday we had tstorms for most of the day, and today it's about 74*f, windy, and pretty much no humidity so I may snooze myself. I'm planning to climb aboard my bike again this eve....my rear just can't take it 2 days in a row

DD eye has healed to scratch so that's a relief. My DH and DS are heading to Mpls.,MN this Sat. for a Brewers vs. Twins game. The Brewers beat them last weekend at home so I hope they can do it again on the road so my guys see a winning game. I still don't know what me and the rest of the gang are going to do. We normally go to Madison, WI this weekend for the "Rythm and Booms" show. (lots of fireworks set to music) maybe we'll just stay home. That'd be different for a change. Normally our family stays home all the time, but so far we've been busy beavers this summer. Probably because the children are older and it's easier to go. I'm rambling, have a great day all, I'll be thinking of you!

GM 35 / MW 54
BGM 24 / MB 22 / BMTG 2 (plan to slay this dragon today)

Kristi
Old 06-26-2003, 05:06 PM   #122  

Well no treadmill today but I did get in excercise. I took the boys shopping to BJ's and spent $290! I then had to come home and put everything away. Most things went in the cupboards and was fine as is but I had meats and other things that needed to be divided up before freezing.

Diet wise:
1oz Cheerios w/berries
2oz 1% milk
lettuce salad w/mushroom and fresh broccoli and fat free dressing
4½ 16oz bottles water
1 vanilla flavored mini toosie roll

Supper is gonna be steak out on the grill sliced thin then served on salad, grilled veggies and left over mac & cheese.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:16 AM   #123  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Whew, another busy day today. I think I'm enjoying working half-days more than whole days since I feel a little more pressure to get things done in a shorter amount of time. I, for one, perform better under pressure. AND I actually cooked dinner today . It may not seem like a big deal to you ladies, but I'm so spoiled, by the time I get home from work, my mom has dinner ready . I made a mean spaghetti w/meat sauce and spinach . Oh yeah, and conquered putting Mt. Laundry away. I also got my walk in today so I feel pretty happy with what I've accomplished today. Ahhh, domestic bliss

Janine, $290 on groceries? Yikes! Is BJ's like a Costco or Sam's Club? We don't have a store by that name here. I know how easy it is to spend mucho dinero in warehouse clubs though. Your dinner sounds yummy. Maybe I should take a cue from you and have some steak on a green salad during my weekend BBQs instead of oinking out on those yummy Aidell's sausages...

Kristi, I totally agree that the child/teacher ratio of 14/2 is a good one. That's what his current school has. The new school I'm checking into though, is 25 kids to 2 adults...that just seemed a bit high for me...I'm looking at another facility tomorrow, we'll see how that one turns out. I'm big on first impressions. I hope I get better vibes from this one .

Well, it's late and I still need to hit the shower. Hope all of you other fine June babes are making the most of the rest of the month. hope to hear from y'all soon, ya hear ?
Miles to Go: 17.3
Old 06-27-2003, 07:50 AM   #124  

Quote:
Janine, $290 on groceries? Yikes! Is BJ's like a Costco or Sam's Club? We don't have a store by that name here. I know how easy it is to spend mucho dinero in warehouse clubs though. Your dinner sounds yummy. Maybe I should take a cue from you and have some steak on a green salad during my weekend BBQs instead of oinking out on those yummy Aidell's sausages...
Yes Nicolle. BJ's is a warehouse club. I bought enough to last probably 3 weeks except for the produce. I have a freezer in the basement and that is about full right now!
Supper was good! Cooked everything out on the grill!
Even though I am not walking on the treadmill I am getting in my excercise. I had all that stuff to put away! I grabbed my laundry basket (as usual) and took 4 loads of food down to put either in the pantry or freezer. Man was that heavy!
Now tomorrow we have another car show to work so I will be there all day doing registration, selling 50/50's and such. Gonna be another long day on my feet! We also get to bring our cars so I will be driving the '67 Olds 442 Convertable and DH will be driving the '72 Vega Kammback Wagon.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:45 PM   #125  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies, HAPPY Friday!

Noelle, that does sound a bit high for pre-school. I know in the public schools K-12th it is the norm, 25-30 kids with one teacher and no aides, here anyway. Actually in kindergarten they usually have an aide and volunteers, but the numbers are still usually high. When my daughter and sons attended pre-school there was about 10-15 kids in a class with a teacher and an aide.

Janine, I think that is the worst part of grocery shopping-putting it away! And it definitely is a work out, especially if you are going up and down stairs. I swear it doesn't matter how much I walk and exercise I walk up these stairs at home and it leaves me gasping for air! What is up with that? My dd told me I should use them as a stair stepper. I honestly don't think I could handle it. Hope you make lots of money at the car show tomorrow, have fun!

Kristi, I never did get that nap in, just too much to do. I did doze in the chair for a few minutes though, does that count? We too had the days of humidity, plus wind. I don't know which is worse. Then had the thunderstorms for the day, with hail and yesterday and today has been so nice and cool, well if you take that darn wind away. I love a cool breeze but I can do without the 20-30 mph winds, sometimes even worse. That's Kansas for ya, ick!

Kristen, hope your footsies are feeling better in those new shoes.

Jenifer, where are you? We are missing you, and Lynne, and Jen. Jen must be having a spectacular vacation. Well, I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

I managed a 4 mile walk this morning and am going to try and get in a 20 minute bike ride later, in between laundry. I swear it seems every time I post I am having to do laundry. Later ladies...

June Goal~75 miles
6/26/03~zero
6/27/03~4 miles
Total Miles 6/03~67.5
Miles to go~7.5
Old 06-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #126  
Pending Email Confirmation

hello babes!!!

i am so sorry i haven't posted on here in ages... or at least that is what it seems like. i've just had some stuff going on that kept me away from updating and walking and all that good stuff. i think the last time i walked it was wednesday night. i did the tufts track for 4 miles. woo hoo! that was my last walking stint... so i still have some to go!

apparently mother nature is hitting us back in full force. it's a heatwave in new england these days. just one day i want it to be 80 with no humidity... i'd be happy!

hope all is well with everyone! i REALLY need to keep up on everyone's life. i missed you guys! i just feel like i'm constantly on the go this past week.

just ten miles to goal. hopefully i can do it in 3 days, cause i won't get a walk in today. so i just have saturday, sunday, and monday. yikes!!!

good luck on meeting your goals, ladies!!

JUNE GOAL: 70 miles
MILES WALKED: 60 miles
MILES TO GOAL: 10 miles
Old 06-29-2003, 08:00 AM   #127  

I really need to brag here! I have received so much encouragment and suport from you people that I felt I had to tell you all this!
I started out my quest to get healthy and lose weight back in Sept of 02. I weighed 209 lbs on a 5'4" body. Not a pretty sight to see. I was tired all the time and just felt awful. I also had no patience for my boys and knew I had to do something. My father dies from a massive heart attack when he was only 47 and his father died when he was 48. I was going on 43 and starting to run scared! Well, yesterday I got on the scale and my weight was 149lbs. I am now down a total of 60 lbs. I feel GREAT and need new summer clothes! I have nothing that fits me!
I just felt I needed to tell you all this. I hope to encourage all those struggling that it can be done. I still have about 15-20 lbs to loose and know these are going to be the hardest to loose but I am now up for the fight! I have so much more stamina and patience with the boys. Life is so much better!
Thank you all for all the support you have given me even though I have neglected my treadmill these past couple months. I know I need to get back on track but I have still been doing wonderful on the diet front. Actually this is not a diet change but a lifestyle change!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #128  
One day at a time

Angry Good Morning Ladies!

WTG Janine!! WOOHOO!! You have every right to brag you have done an EXCELLENT job!! WOW 60 pounds gone! I hope you have fun shopping for new clothes. You definitely have encouraged me, and you are so right about this not being a diet but a way of life. I think that's why so many fail and end up gaining back because we look at it as a diet, a quick fix. We lose the weight and then go back to our old habits thinking we can eat what we want because we've lost the weight, or it has been that way for me. We have to realize it is a lifetime change, not just a change until we've reached our goals. It has taken me a long time to figure this out with the help of WW because that is exactly what I have done int he past. I know you will make your goal, after losing 60 pounds, 15-20 pounds is nothing! I am sorry to hear of your dad passing at such a young age.

Kristen, nice to see ya checking in. Hey, we all get busy sometimes just check in when you can.

Jenifer, Noelle, Lynne, Jen, Kristi and anyone I may have missed, I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend.

Jenifer, any ideas on next months name? We are going to keep this thread going ladies, yes?

Well, tomorrow is weigh in for me, wish me luck and the last day of the month ladies. I hope everyone makes their goal. I slacked off a bit but I will just make it. Got lazy yesterday but did get in 2 miles, 4 this morning. Okay, I am outta here.

June Goal~75 miles
6/28/03~2 miles
6/29/03~4 miles
Total Miles 6/03~73.5
Miles to go~1.5
Old 06-29-2003, 08:13 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi All you Hot Babes! WoW I thought I was never going to make it here to post!
Janine to you! Your post made me just about cry! I'm so happy to have met you on this post. You inspire me to keep going!
I had a great camping trip last weekend. I missed everyone very much. Since I started school I haven't had anytime! I haven't done any walking or nothing. Have stuck to my points on weight watchers though. I skipped the week of weigh in when I went camping and yesterday I weighed in and lost 2 pounds! I was so happy considering when I went camping I was some what of a piggy! Plus I had about 5 light beers total on that Saturday night! I am at 201 and can't wait for Onederland this Saturday! You watch and see! I hope to be able to post something during the week but I am not sure! I will have to play catch up when I'm able to be on here.
Shall we call the thread July Babes and just keep it at that each month???
All of you are doing awesome on the walking! WTG for the month!
Cristi~ Some skinny vibes your way babe!

Last edited by Justsecretgirl; 06-29-2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:03 PM   #130  
One day at a time

Angry Happy Monday Ladies!

Jenifer, so glad to see you finally got on to post. We have missed you. Glad you had a great time camping. I so want to go at least once this summer but honestly I don't think it is going to happen. Hubby is just working way too much and it's not something I would want to do by myself. WTG on your loss this week! I know you will be in onederland come Saturday. YGG. You can do it, you will do it, I just know you will!! Thank you for the vibes, maybe they will work for next week.

My weigh in was this morning and while I didn't have a loss I didn't have a gain either so that is good and something I can deal with. I get so frustrated when I gain even a 1/2 pound. Of course I would definitely rather see a loss, duh who wouldn't? I will just have to work harder. I haven't managed my walk for the day yet but I will make that goal easily. My July goal I am only going to up my miles by 5 to 80 miles. I could have done a lot more but took quite a few days off and to be honest it felt good to take those days off, plus I didn't want to push it. I want to enjoy walking, not struggle just to make a goal. I think 4-6 days is good but will concentrate on 5 and take 2 days a week off. I HAVE to do at least 5 days of exercise now, funny, before jumping on this thread I was lucky to get in 3, so a BIG THANK YOU ladies for keeping me motivated! You ladies are da I will post my miles for the day later.

Hope EVERYONE is having a fantastic Monday. Later...

P.S. Just wanted to post miles walked for the day and month. I only did 2.5 miles probably because I knew I only needed 1.5 to make goal.

June Goal~75 miles
6/30/03~2.5 miles
Total Miles 6/03~76 miles

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-30-2003 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:15 PM   #131  
Pending Email Confirmation

hey babes!!

i can't believe this is the end of the month! and it doesn't look like i am going to make goal. well.... maybe i will. if i walk in front of my tv tonight for an hour or so, i should be good. both yesterday and saturday were beautiful. i walked around the wakefield lake both days. for another 6 miles. woo hoo! now i just have 4 more to go. i am unbelievably lazy today to actually go walk anywhere. although it is nice out... i just can't do it. maybe i'll do two of the watp videos. i just feel like i need to meet goal, ya know? i'll let ya know how i do!!

til then... you girls are doing GREAT! i'm so glad to be a part of all of you!

JUNE GOAL: 70 miles
MILES WALKED: 66 miles
MILES TO GOAL: 4 miles
Old 06-30-2003, 10:16 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi all you Beautiful June babes, I've so missed you all. Janine I gotta say right away YGG. Your achievment is just awesome I know you can lose that last little bit. Just terrific I myself had a bad Fri. I WI totally confident that I had made mt June goal of a 5# loss only to find I had gained 2 of the 3 I'd lost so far back. I know I've had a lot of occasions this month so I should be happy to finish with any loss and now that it's 3 days later i am happy with this months accomplishments, but it took a couple ays to not look at June as a failure except now I realize I didn't make my biking goal either but, I had a great weekend in LaCrosse,WI my dh and ds had a great time at the baseball game and all is well. So I'm moving on. I haven't decided on July's goals yet, but I do no I will not be making a loss goal any loss at the end of the month will be fine. Just because I was feeling so good like a hottie, a goddess, a diva, and then that darn scale made me feel like a loser so I'm skipping it. I'll exercise and eat right and be a July Babe!!

Jenifer, So glad you're back, WTG on your loss

Cristi, I quik nap only counts if you were'nt rudely awakened by a childs nose a mm from your own My 3yr old has a terrible habit of getting right up close to me and not saying a word if I happen to doze off. I wake up with such a start that any good the tiny nap did me is lost in the confusion.

Noelle, Kristen you're both doing great !

Kristi

June goals 35 miles walked actual 56
24 miles to bike actual 22
lose 5# actual lost 1#

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-30-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:47 AM   #133  

Wow Janine that's awesome!!! And congrats to everyone else who has achieved their goals!!!

It's been a hectic couples of days with registration and figuring out how I'm going to pay my tuition...college is way too expensive!!!

Frustration is definitely settling in cause I did make my June goal...since I didn't start until the 21st or so, my goal was 20 miles...as of tonight, I walked/ran 26.5 miles. HOWEVER, I haven't lost any weight and I hate it! I'm getting a new scale tomorrow cause I just don't trust that digital one anymore! ) I have found the BEST motivation for myself...when my parents bought me the treadmill they also bought a small TV to put beside it so I wouldn't get so bored. It's kinda hard to explain but my dad hooked it up to the main TV and I can watch the satellite and stuff...I just realized that if I put in a video, I can watch that instead....SOOOOOOOO, since my FAVORITE group is NSYNC, I pop in their concerts that I have on video and walk/run to them dancing and singing...it's amazing! I get so into it...you would all laugh! Oh I could watch them all day long...*sigh*...why can't I just marry one of them?!?? ;o) Enough rambling...off to bed...work will come way too early! Have a beautiful day tomorrow!!!!

Any new challenges for July?

Michelle

Current-134/size: 6/8
Goal-125/size: 4/6
Old 07-01-2003, 03:10 PM   #134  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies!

I wasn't sure if I should post here or not. Jenifer where are you...we are going to continue with the thread, yes? I will be looking for the new July thread soon. I know you are busy with work and school.

Kristi, hey 1 pound is better than no pounds. But I do know how you feel as I made a goal of 8 pounds thinking it is doable, which I think it is I just need to stay focused and OP. I lost 4 pounds for the month of June but hey like I said a little is better than nothing at all. So you keep on truckin' I know you will see a bigger loss this month. That's cute about your 3-year-old. My hubby used to do that. He would either watch me or get a feather or hair and tickle my nose, of course the kids picked it up also and just think it is so funny. DS2 is quite the comdeian/clown.

Kristen, I do know what you mean about making goal. I did that in May, ugh! I just about killed myself the last few days just to make goal. That's why I haven't upped my goals by much each month. I don't want to go too high and struggle to make it towards the end of the month. I like going low and passing the goal, so much better! Then I really feel like I have accomplished something. Anyway, you did GREAT with your walking! WTG I think we all did great with our walking. Let's keep it up ladies.

Michelle, have you applied for any grants (Pell Grant) and such to help with college costs? You may still have time. I'm not sure when you start or the guidelines. I agree it is expensive and it's supposed to be getting higher. I think the books are the most expensive part of it unless you are lucky enough to find used ones. What are you taking/going for? Don't fret too much over losing weight. If you started the 21st it hasn't been that long so maybe in a week or two you will see a loss. Just don't give up. I too am a treadmill walker and I couldn't do it without the tv in my face. Well it's not exactly in my face but the treadmill faces the tv and it is so easy to turn it on and just go forever.

Well, hope EVERYONE is having a great day! I will post my goals for July and my walk for the day later. I was kind of waiting for the new July ????? thread. Take care ladies.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:22 PM   #135  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. Just wanted to finalize my mileage for the month of June. Can't believe we're already into July! Anyway, didn't make my goal of 90 miles (what was I thinking?) but I did walk 76.2 miles which isn't too shabby. Quite a bit less than during the month of May, but I've totally lost my mojo. I need to reassess and really think about why I am doing this--what is the driving force behind this lifestyle change. It's sooooo easy to slip back into old habits and to quit exercising. Nothing worth anything will be easy to get eh? Or something like that.

Janine, big congratulations to you. You have every right to brag. If I were you I'd be shouting my success from the rooftops. We're of similar starting weights, and I think I'm an inch shorter than you are, but you've come so far. I'm proud of you. Enjoy your newly svelte body.

Michelle, welome back. Watching videos of your favorite band is great while using the treadmill--I know how just listening to music makes me lose track of time, watching it must be even better.

Krsiti, awesome job on surpassing your goal--and no sweat on the WI--you did lose some and that's great.

Cristi--awesome job on your miles too! Maintaining your weight is wonderful, 100% better than gaining (can you tell what I'm doing?) .

Kristen I'd love to walk anywhere around Boston, so much history and so different from anywhere I've ever been. I need to make a trip to the east coast and soon. No worries about not making goal...we have a new month to work on.

Jenifer, glad you had a great time camping and super job on losing weight too! I know I probably couldn't do that. I'm thinking about joining WW since I passed their office yesterday. I need to do SOMETHING before I gain all the weight I've lost back!

Jen are you back yet?

Lynne, hope you're doing well...let us know if you need us, we're here to listen.

Well ladies, let's get crackin' on this new month we have. Have a great day.

Short by 13.8 miles
Closed Thread