Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 09:53 PM   #61  

WTG Suzanne! THat's great you are seeing a difference with the clothes. A WW leader said that if you are scared to see how big you really are when you measure yourself then instead get a piece of string, rope, etc. and measure each of the areas with this. Where the ends meet is your starting measurement then every month or so measure again and cut off the part that is hanging and put it in a box then when you feel better about yourself measure all the little pieces to see how many inches you've lost. Knowing me I would lose all the little pieces lol! I'm planning to do my measurements sometime this week. I was excited this weekend I went to buy a pair of shorts and had to get the smaller size. The scale hasn't really moved but I guess the exercising and lifting a 4 mth. old is paying off. TTYL
Old 06-25-2002, 12:03 AM   #62  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

You are doing fabulous Suzanne. That is great. As long you keep moving. Like Denise Austin says "If you rest, You Rust!" That is great I have a date with Denise in a few moments.

I changed my pic my daughter( 11year old personal trainer) didn't like my other pic very much. She said it made me look old. So she took a few shots with the digi cam. She is a great photographer. Okay well I better go before Denise gets tired of waiting on me.

Good Luck! Kinarina
Old 06-25-2002, 12:08 AM   #63  

Hey girls, sorry I haven't posted, I wasn't at home much this weekend and I haven't done any walking since Thursday. But Jacksonmom, here is my totals for last week:

Monday 2
Tuesday 3
Wednesday 3 1/3
Thursday 4 1/6

Total of 12 1/2

Tomorrow I will get back to my walking routine.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Ruth
Old 06-25-2002, 08:35 AM   #64  
Long Lost Chickie

Talking Well, I'm proud of myself anyway.

OK, so I'll probably never be able to keep up with you walkin' gals but I got on my treadmill last night and walked for a mile and then I thought of you guys and just kept on walkin'. Thanks!!!

Suzanne, you've given me something to think about instead of just getting on the scale and weeping! You're right about losing inches and the clothes fitting better. Hm, do I have the courage to pull those LITTLE old jeans out of the bottom drawer and see if I can get them on?? Well, maybe not just yet.

Jacksonmom!! I DID THAT!!!! I lost my string bits!! Actually, I think my kitty had something to do with that. "Well, isn't that what yarn is for, mommy?"

I asked before but can anyone answer my question about stairs and how I can count my 50 trips up and down that flight last Sunday? There must be a way to measure that in miles. Maybe when I get on the elliptical machine at the gym tonight, it'll have a way to count steps and then translate to distance??? Humph! Getting healthy shouldn't be this complex, should it? Well, at least I'm moving the old bod'.

Well, I'm sitting here at my desk and a coworker just came in wearing one of the shortest dresses I've seen in a while. OK, it's hot here and yes, she does have the body for it *grumble* but really this is a place of business after all! I just don't get it. Even if I could wear clothes like that, I don't think I would. At least not to the office.

Sorry, I'll climb down from my soap box now. I have a tendency to ramble, you'll find. Just ignore me and I'll go away.

Mile and a half and counting...
Jo
Old 06-25-2002, 09:07 AM   #65  

Short&sassy I added your totals to the list. Way to get back to the program I know it's hard when you are having a tough week. Life just doesn't seem to stop or even slow down when you are trying to eat well and exercise lol!

Jello I would count the stairs by how tired you were . If it felt like you were as tired as you were when you did the great workout last night then count it as the 1.5 mi. you did last night. If more tired count more, less count it less you get the picture. There are no rules really on how to count other types of exercises. Do what's best for you. If I did 50 trips up/down stairs that DEFINETLY wiould be a good amount of miles. I can now only do 1 mile in 18:45. So I'm VERY out of SHAPE! I know what you mean about dress appropriatly for work. I think some people get work clothes confused with hoochie momma clothes.

I had a GREAT OP and EXERCISE DAY yesterday!!!!!!!!!!

Kina love the new pic! TTYL
Old 06-25-2002, 03:32 PM   #66  

Default Thank you Thank you Thank you

Because of the support I get here I walked 2 miles today. I was thinking of y'all especially jello as I got to the 30 min. marked and told myself I'm going to go to 2 miles. Well I did it at 37 min. I'm so proud of myself I have not felt that way about myself when comes to exercise and eating right. So thanks and keep posting it really makes a difference and your posts do effect peoples lives.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:49 AM   #67  

Default Too hot!

I didn't walk today, it's too d**m hot!! I didn't check but it must have hit 100. Ughh. I walked 2 yesterday so thats 12.5...
Reminder to myself..today is Tuesday....
Old 06-26-2002, 03:06 AM   #68  

I'm with you Apple, it's way too hot for walking. It was 94 at 6 p.m. Don't know how hot it got earlier. I'm still awake past midnight because it's too hot to sleep too. I'm going to have to find a way to get up earlier to walk when it's cooler. If I felt like it was safe, I'd go walk now!

Jen
238/230/140
Old 06-26-2002, 10:00 AM   #69  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Walkin' Fool!

Got on the elliptical machine at the gym last night. Didn't do my usual 20 minutes....

... did 30!!!! So there.

The machine said that in 20 minutes (the time it usually takes me to do a mile walking) I did about 1700 steps. And I figure the VFW staircase has at least 17 steps. So I did a mile up and down the stairs last Sunday. Woo Hoo!!!

Checked the maps. (That old walking the distance to mom and dad's thing.) Haven't quite gotten down to the shopping center but am past the church and approaching the golf course....
Old 06-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #70  

I walked this morning, around 9:00. It was still cool enough that I could bring the dog too. I should do this whenever it's going to be a hot one...
Went 2.5 miles for a total of 15....(Wed)
I should have allowed myself a day off each week just in case something comes up. But I'll do my best to meet the challenge!
Old 06-26-2002, 01:52 PM   #71  

just finished my walk. Didn't want to exercise today but my son went down for his long nap and I figured if I didn't get moving now I really wouldn't want to when hubby came home. So far ahead of schedule with mileage for the week YEAH!!! I know a need to do extra miles this week because i'm going out of town and won't be able to walk for 2 days. My parents live in a hot 100% humidity with LOTS of mosquitos area. That's what you get when you live in a place surrounded by water. I used to be used to it but I've been away for so long that it just kills me. TTYL
Old 06-26-2002, 08:15 PM   #72  

Hi everyone.
Good job AppleBlossom. Walking in the A.M. has got to be the answer. I set my alarm so I could get up and walk this morning, but I had so much trouble sleeping in the heat last night, (awake until after 1:30 A.M.) I slept through the alarm. Barely made it to work on time! I walked half a mile on my morning break again and it's not quite as hot today, so I'll do at least a mile this evening. After 9 p.m. should be better.

Jen
238/232/140
Old 06-26-2002, 11:56 PM   #73  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Everybody. Have you missed me? I know I have been MIA a few days. I have had a rough week. I throughout the mini 10 min workouts. It just wasn't the same as getting out to the track and feeling the wind and hearing the birds and watching the sunset in the distance. I guess I love nature. On the long stretch I like to close my eyes and soak it in.

About the track...I haven't even gotten the chance to get out there. I have had a bathroom problem with getting regular . So I have been soaking up juice, fruit, and prunes to try and get going. I have been so uncomfortable. So needless to say I have had to stay close to home...just in case . But I have been doing 4 workout sessions with Denise Austin (buns, arms, abs, and hips thighs buttocks) daily. I do the workout right before bed. When the house is quiet and I can enjoy ME time.

Would it be fair to count that in exchange for my mileage. Being that I haven't been able to get out to the track? Atleast until I can get back to the track.

I hope everyone is doing well. Stay out of the heat.
Bye. Kinarina
Old 06-27-2002, 03:28 PM   #74  

Kina I would count the tapes if it were me. Do you go to a track at a school? I tried that but I always forget how many times I go around and how many times counts as a mile. I did walk in the neighborhood today for 2.3 miles my longest ever. It took 45 min. and I pushed a stroller. TTYL
Old 06-27-2002, 10:05 PM   #75  

Hi All:

Sounds like everyone is doing lots of exercising. I just got back from my bike ride. I did about 2 miles tonight, it has been too hot the past couple of days to ride, plus it has been raining the past 2 nights. soooooooo I made it tonight. I am glad to be back at it, , I look forward to coming home and going for a bike ride. I miss it when I don't ride. It seems the more you exercise the more you want to do, and when you can't exercise for whatever reason you miss it.. it becomes a little addicting.:lol

I like that idea Jacksonmom about measuring with the string. I will be doing that on the weekend, good idea. I weighed myself today and no movement, oh well it has to move sometime as I continue on....

Have a great weekend.

Suzanne
Closed Thread