Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 09:49 AM   #91  

I got up in time this morning to walk 1.5 miles. Woo Hoo! I got to thinking about how many miles I have to go to reach my goal and it's only 2 weeks away. I'll have to put in more than 2 miles per day to make it. Tonight I'm going to mow my lawn. Thanks for that website Kina. It shows that lawn mowing for 20 minutes is more than walking for 20 minutes at 3 MPH, but I think I'll just count it the same. I want my mileage to be clearly up and above what I'd do normally. That's a great site, though.
I guess I'd better jump in the shower or I'll be late for work in spite of getting up early. It's a beautiful day, I'd sure love to call in "sick".

Jen
238/229/140
Old 07-03-2002, 02:24 AM   #92  

22.5 plus 2...24.5
Back to walking today, and a big fat 0 for yesterday because of the heat. It's cooled off quite a bit this evening though. The rest of the week should be nicer. i need to catch up a bit so I'd like to put in 3 miles a day for the rest of the week....
Old 07-03-2002, 08:54 AM   #93  
Long Lost Chickie

Total so far: 8.0 miles. Did another mile at the gym last night. Past my office and heading for the expressway! I'll be at mom and dad's in no time....

Supposed to hit 100 degrees here today. Thank goodness for air-conditioned gyms, eh?
Old 07-03-2002, 07:01 PM   #94  

Sounds like everyone is doing just fine at this exercising, I got out last night for a 3 mile ride it was nice a little hot but what the heck I would rather exercise than not...

Thanks Kina for that calorie site it is really good. Now if I just could cut down on my calorie intack I may be able to burn some off, it is amazing all the different activities and how much you burn.

Speaking of burning calories I am out to the pool for a swim

and maybe a bike ride... Have a good week..

Suzanne
Old 07-04-2002, 01:46 AM   #95  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

You're welcome. I have found this other one that might help I will have to look them up under my favorites and get back to you. If I forget remind me. I am so busy right now my baby girl turned 6 today. Tomorrow we will be celebrating her birthday. So I may not get back to you right away but I will try before we go on vacation.

Bye.
Kinarina
Old 07-06-2002, 10:03 AM   #96  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

I made 82 miles this week (I taught a couple of extra Aqua classes).

No weight loss in the last 2 weeks but I am feeling fitter and my clothes are loser, so I know I am doing it right. My body is just doing its own thing for a while - at least I didn't gain anything!

Stef
Old 07-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #97  
Just one bite at a time

Hey, ignore that last number, it's a typo, obviously! I meant 28 miles!!

Sorry!!!!!!!!

Stef
Old 07-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #98  

O.K.
I'm checking in, but I'm embarassed. After a great start, I only walked 3 miles this week. My goal for the 4-weeks was 50 miles which was do-able with a bit of discipline. Not likely to happen now. My total so far is only 18 miles. My goal for the rest of this week is to walk every day. I said that before, but I'm re-committing to it. I know that even when I fall short of my goals, if I keep getting back up and working, eventually I'll have success. Thanks for being here, everyone. Hmm..Stef, if I could walk "82" miles this week I'd make my goal. Even your 28 would get me close, but it's not too likely. I still only do 3 MPH, so it would take me over 9 hours to do it. I don't think I can stand to commit that much time to excersizing. Right now I'm losing weight by leaps and bounds, just by eating right, but that's because I'm at 226 and just started losing a couple of months ago. When I hit my first plateau, I expect I'll be making a MUCH STRONGER commitment to the excersize!

Jen
238/226/140
Old 07-06-2002, 06:33 PM   #99  

0 for Fri and Sat, but 3 on thurs for a total of 27.5. Well. I did take a short walk this morning so lets say 28. I was visiting a friend, that's why the zero, but back to 3's I hope!
Old 07-06-2002, 10:23 PM   #100  

hi everyone! Glad to see you all are doing good. I was out of town for the holidays just got back today. Didn't do good this week with walking. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some mileage in. I will post everyones weekly totals tomorrow. I don't know if I'll make my goal but I'll sure try. I now have an earache. Haven't had one of those since I was a kid. Don't know how I got it. I don't swim haven't been to the lake, etc. Hopefully it will get better soon without a trip to the doctor. If anyone knows any remedies to get rid of it please let me know. They sell no over the counter meds. for earaches. TTYL .
Old 07-07-2002, 04:15 PM   #101  

I know alot of you have not posted your weekly milage I will update them as I get it. Please let me know if I made a mistake. We have 10 days till challenge is over. Keep up the great work.
Weekly totals:

Jacksonmom..goal 42 mi...25

Kina...goal 40mi...44.5 MADE GOAL!!!!

Nikathalia...goal 40 mi...N/A

jen519...goal 50 mi...18

short&sassy...goal 65 mi....12.5

HeidiL...goal 80 mi...17.5

Appleblossom...goal 48mi...28

madtypist...goal 80 mi...53

jello...goal 25 mi...5.8

stef...goal 72 mi....64

Last edited by jacksonmom; 07-11-2002 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:35 AM   #102  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello everyone. This week was a bust. We just got back from out of town. Then parties and holidays needless to say I didn't not have a great week. But today is a new day and I plan to get my routine back on track. I plan to lose a pound by the end of the week.

My total mileage for the week was "8"!

I have to get going now. I am glad to see everyone is still determined and heading for goal. Thanks for everyone's support. This is a great thread.

Bye. Kinarina
Old 07-09-2002, 01:12 AM   #103  

Sunday 3, Monday 2, total 33. 10 more days? Let's see, thats 15 miles in 10 days. Piece of cake! Except the paper says it's going to be 105 for a few days. I'll try and get up to beat the heat.
I have to say that although I'm doing terrible about eating, the exercise is going quite well! Thanks everyone!
Old 07-09-2002, 09:09 AM   #104  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Wow! I made goal already! Well let's see how much I can cram in in just 10 days and then try to beat that on the next challenge. It has been raining here in Texas. So I can't go out in the elements. I'd rather be at the track than in the house. Yesterday I didn't go out to the track or exercise. We had just come back from our weekend vacation so I yard needed some TLC. I did get to do my ab roller. Would you believe it doesn't hurt to use that thing anymore. It hurts while I am doing it but not after. It feels really good. I hope it works. So anyhow I am really happy to see the numbers. It shows just how much eveyone is working to succeed. And you all will.

Good Luck.
Kinrina
Old 07-09-2002, 11:04 AM   #105  
Just one bite at a time

Default Cheer up Jen!

Hey Jen,

I hope I am not overstepping here BUT (ha ha!)!

I am a physical activity coach (though that is not the word I use to describe myself normally). I read your post and saw something that I thought I could help you get over. You said that my 28 miles would take you over 9 hours and you aren't ready to commit to that much exercise yet!

Well forget it!!! Don't commit to 9 hours, or 6 hours or any hours this week! Just commit to 10 minutes today!

Let tomorrow come as it may, forget it! Make your commitment to NOW. It's not as silly as it sounds. You might have to a little bit of preparation first but it does get easier. So if part of your problem with walking is having to dig out the comfy shoes then keep them by the front door! Then the very moment you think you have 10 minutes to spare you can put them on and go!

I know this sounds simple, and it is. But you seem to be focusing on the end result, 9 hours of walking. And that is a very large goal and an almost impossible lump to swallow in one go. It took me 6 months to get there! Set yourself little goals, like 10 minutes walking today, with a couple more minutes added on by the end of the month. It will soon build up! I think WW etc do this too. Rather than saying 'Stef, you need to lose 4 stone (56lbs)', they say 'Stef, your first goal is to lose 7lbs'. This makes it a more accessible target.

I know this is a bit much, you don't even know me. But if you want to e-mail me feel free. My job is to help people increase their daily activity levels to achieve improved health. I don't focus on weight loss, or looking thin, but on feeling fit and well. The weight loss comes as it may and is very welcome, but it is not a primary goal for my customers (all of whom are very overweight, e.g. 400lbs+).

So get in touch if you want some personal one-to-one, Stef

[email protected]
Closed Thread