Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 07:18 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Jacksonsmom - I absolutely LOVE your idea about walking to Hawaii! WOW, what a motivator to get going! I have a treadmill that has gotten very little use in months and your idea has me pumped to get on it again. What kind of chart or graph do you use? I didn't ready the whole thread was too excited but will come back when I have a little more time and check it all out.

Jello - Hi there, are you the same one that is posting on the diet plan forum?

LJ
225/212/150
Old 06-28-2002, 08:16 AM   #77  
Long Lost Chickie

Another mile and a half down. Only 40-some to go....

OK, I can't think like that. Think about what you accomplish, not how far you still have to go, right? Did a little over a mile at the gym last night (love that elliptical machine!) and then did half a mile on my treadmill this morning. Movin' right along.

Hi Huntress!! Are you following me or am I following you!?

Jo
Old 06-28-2002, 03:58 PM   #78  

Huntress I just have a map of the USA and put it on a bullentin board. I put a pin in where I live and where I want to go. Since it is over water I went to www. askjeeves.com for the distance and driving directions. I printed them and that's where I got my min-goals from. My first mini- goal is to be in Roswell, NM by Christmas. I plan on having a pin show where I'm at as I cross the country. I'm glad you like the idea. I LOVE vacations and nothing motivates me more than going on a great vacation as a reward. Haven't walked yet today. Decided to do some deep cleaning while my son took his nap. Will have to wait till dh comes home to do my walking. TTYL
Old 06-28-2002, 06:16 PM   #79  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Computer at doctors - withdrawal symptoms AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

But I did hit my target for this week, all 18 miles, making a presumed 72 miles for the month. I shall begin with the pedometer tomorrow for next weeks count, now that I have mastered it and measured my steps etc etc etc etc.

Must get off now, this is someone elses phone bill!!!

Stef
Old 06-29-2002, 01:37 AM   #80  

Just got back from camping. I didn't get a walk in today, but yesterday we hiked 1 1/2 miles along the shore of Lake Tahoe!!! Beautiful!!! I could have walked 10 miles but my 5 year old starts whining after about a mile. The campsite we chose was uphill a bit, with 17 stairs to get there. (Of course I counted!) So I'll say I met my goal yesterday just taking the kids back and forth to the restroom. So lets see....that's 17 miles so far.
Bed time for me!!!
Old 06-29-2002, 10:56 AM   #81  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

My mom dragged me out to the track yesterday evening at 9:30pm. Crazy lady. But it felt good to be back out there. I was going to come home and do my workouts with Denise but I ended up watching Cinderalla. Then I did 5 minutes on the ab roller(I borrowed from Mom). Boy do I feel it this morning. But I don't feel it in my stomach I feel it in my shoulders and in my back. Maybe my abs moved over there since there wasn't much room left with all the extra weight I am carrying in the stomach. LOL.

I don't think my scale has moved although I haven't jumped on there to get the honest truth. I have been very focused. No junk food snacking and more salads.

I hope everyone is doing great. I don't think I will get out to the track today it is pouring rain and the forecast looks like that will be for the whole weekend. So it's just me and Denise.

Bye.
Kinarina
Old 06-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #82  

I haven't been doing great on my walking the past couple of days, but I have kept to my mini-goal of walking at least some every day. Half a mile to be specific. Anyway, the weather isn't too bad today and I'm planning on a 2-mile walk. Do we post our weekly totals today or tomorrow. Maybe I'd better get that walk in now, before anyone answers!

Jen
238/229/140
Old 06-30-2002, 01:22 AM   #83  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone. I went to a burger birthday party. O boy there is nothing I love more than a bar-b-qued burger. I took control and ate only one. Which is very good. I didn't eat cake (good thing it was chocolate). I don't care for chocolate. I did have a 1/2 a cup of ice cream to cool off. It was so hott with the rain.

Well anyway I think we are supposed to calculate our miles today. I have not gone to the track except for last night. So my total counting my 4 daily workout sessions with Denise come out to 20 miles. I won't make an acceptance speech today because I am very sore and tired. I had a long day and I have been using an ab roller and boy o boy I feel it. I don't know if those "as shown on TV" things really work but I borrowed it from my mom and thought I would try it out. I can't get that darn scale to move so I add more into my routine. Especially now that I can't get to the track because of the rain. One can only wait and see.

I hope everyone did well and had a wonderful week. Talk with you all later. Bye.
Kinarina

Last edited by Kina; 06-30-2002 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #84  

Hi
I didn't have alot of time yesterday so something crazy possessed me and I went jogging instead. I jogged about 2 1/2 mi plus another 1/2 walking. It felt good, but hot. I went jogging today too but slower and not as far. (I'm a tad sore)
So thats 3+2 1/2 +17= 22 1/2 total!
Old 06-30-2002, 06:18 PM   #85  

Default Weekly totals!

Let me know if i made any mistakes. If you didn't get your total in I can add it later just PM or post it. Thanks!

Jacksonmom...goal 42 mi....22 mi

Kina...goal 40 mi... 36.5 mi

Nikathalia...goal 40 mi...N/A

jen519...goal 50 mi...15 mi

short&sassy...goal 65 mi...12.5 mi

HeidiL...goal 80 mi....17.5 mi

Aplleblossom...goal 48 mi...22.5 mi

madtypist...goal 80 mi...36 mi

jello...goal 25 mi...5.8 mi

stef...goal 72 mi...36 mi

Last edited by jacksonmom; 07-01-2002 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #86  

Hi.
My daughter and I went on a strange spontaneous road-trip after we watched the first feature at the drive-in movie. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we left and she asked how much gas we had. I said "A full tank. Why?" She said, "Well, I was just wondering if we could go for a drive." Boy did we! We drove across the mountains to Eastern Washington. I took a 3-hour nap at a rest area around 2:20 A.M. and woke up to drive into the sunrise. We stopped a few places and walked around, but mostly it was just a driving trip. Anyway, we went to bed when we got home at 11:00 this morning. What a terrible mom I am getting my daughter's hours all screwed up like that! It was a great adventure though.

I didn't get my walk in yesterday, so my miles for the week were a piddling 6 miles. I'd better do more this week, or I'll never make my 50 mile goal!

Jen
238/229/140
Old 07-01-2002, 09:19 AM   #87  
Long Lost Chickie

Boy did I slack off this weekend. No walking at all! Too busy. It's too hot. Didn't feel well. Working on other stuff. All the usual excuses.

Worked in the garden most of Saturday in the heat. Darn weeds are taking over the planet!!! But I can't really count that as walking.

Anyway, the total towards my 25 mile goal remains at 5.8 miles so far. Hm, good thing I didn't set my goal higher.....

Jo.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:54 AM   #88  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi everyone. Hey I got some interesting info...actually I have posted it before I think. Well anyway in response to all of you who don't get your walking in because you did this or that, check out this website.>>>www.caloriesperhour.com It counts up everything under the sun as a form of exercise. I can't remember if it counts it into miles but it does show so many things as a form of exercise. Some may catch you by surprise. But refer to it. I use it alot.

Jo you are doing good. Gardening is a great form of exercise. I see it like this...If you sweat you exercised! However much you did count up how much you think it was worth in miles. Don't short change yourself.

Keep up the good work gang. Talk to you all later.
Bye. Kinarina
Old 07-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #89  

It is hot,hot,hot, the thermometer on my deck won't go any further, it is at 120 degrees,

Thanks Jacksonmom for posting my post is 16 miles, it has been too hot for riding too far the past 3 days or so.

I have wrote long posts but they are not working for some reason, soooooooooo this is short, it is too hot for staying in the house today, everyone is going great guns that is so great.I have waited 8 months for this weather, so everyone into the pool.....

Suzanne
Old 07-02-2002, 08:33 AM   #90  
Long Lost Chickie

Got really energetic yesterday at the gym. Set the elliptical machine for 20 minutes but when I was done ... I just kept on going. Total mileage 1.2. Not too bad for little ol' me!

Brings my total up to 7. Almost to the big intersection just south of where I work....

Kina, thanks for the website (and the pep talk too! ). I checked it out briefly but bookmarked it and will definitely go back and figure out some kind of "mileage" for the day of gardening and add it to my total.

Keep on walkin'!
Jo
Closed Thread