Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 04:57 PM   #46  

Andrea, so sorry about this development. Have you been tested for anything else? One thing you could do for yourself is avoid soy and things in the cabbage family, limit carbs and increase exercise. I guess that's 3 things. Those all have a direct bearing on thyroid.

I'm in a strange situation. All of a sudden, my TSH has jumped to 22, even though I do all the above, keep my weight down, and take my levoxyl every day on an empty stomach and wait an hour before eating. Anyone else ever had this happen? The doctor seems to think it might have been a bad batch of levoxyl or lab results were mixed up. Anyway, he upped the dosage and I have to go back in 3 weeks to be retested...just when I thought things were getting better.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:59 PM   #47  
banned

thanks quilt. so sorry 2 hear that. hang in there. well, i know im not diabetic cuz she said my sugar was fine. i do all the things you mentioned also. i havent been tested for PCOS though&was reading a mag article about a woman who was diagnosed.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:06 PM   #48  

I visited my daughter in Savannah yesterday and today. Took my treats and snacks because I did not want to go off program. Well, baby was sick. I held her almost the whole time there. I definitely did NOT get off program. Could not eat. She would not let me put her down. I told my daughter that she must have told Baby Sarah about me joining WW and not wanting to gain weight. She is fine this evening so I came back.

SUSAN - WOW! GREAT TESTIMONIAL FOR WEIGHT LOSS.
Have you been on thyroid meds long? If so, what? Did you have abnormal problems losing weight? I thought I would have real problems, but so far, I have not.

Andrea - All kinds of obstacles try to keep us from jumping those hurdles. I will be in the cheerleading section cheering for you. YEY! I am practicing all ready.

Talk later.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:41 AM   #49  
banned

thanks bom.
tomorrow i give up the 2nd of 10 ww tickets& i am .6 heavier than my initial weigh in. i am really disgusted. overall, i have gained 2 1/4 pounds since the beginning of january.

susan- i have a question. thats a huge loss, did you by chance lose all or most of it b/f your thyroid trouble?
Old 06-20-2002, 12:07 PM   #50  
banned

hi all,

i gained 1/4 this week. so frustating!
Old 06-24-2002, 05:22 PM   #51  

Actually I was first diagnosed with thyroid problems over 30 years ago but they weren't deemed to be bad enough for treatment until 15 years ago so I struggled. I lost weight even though I wasn't on meds and managed to keep it off until I quit smoking and had a relapse of asthma which forces me to periodically go on prednisone which just ballons me up...but it does allow me to breath. I didn't lose fast but as I exercised more I lost steadily. I find I really have to be careful of carbs, which I dearly love...they pack the pounds on literally overnight. I was on synthroid and didn't do well. Since the doctor changed me to levoxyl, I've done better but periodically it has to be increased. Just part of life I guess at this stage.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:25 PM   #52  
banned

im the same way with the carbs.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:27 PM   #53  
banned

oops! btw- go to the july thread
Closed Thread