Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 10:48 AM   #31  

Andrea - It looks like you are a little perturbed that you lost a pound this week. If you are not on meds for your thyroid and lost a pound, you have done fantastic! I weigh tonight and I HOPE I lost a pound this week. I still cannot believe that I can lose on this program, eating as much as I do. I would like the miracle loss, but I don't think that would be healthy for me. I think I am going to be a "1-2 lb week loss" person I am starting my exercise tapes again today. I cannot do as much as long as I used to, but I can rest and do them again lots of times!

Have you joined WW yet? I think I have said before that I am an online member only. I do not choose to go to local meetings. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. My daughter is doing this with me so I do have a buddy to rely on.

Tomorrow is the big day for you at doc. I will be posting either a happy face for loss or frown for gain. Wish me luck, and have a great day.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:57 AM   #32  
banned

hey bombom,

yes i am& it was 1/2 its just that I KNOW i can lose like i usedto with the help of med. ty for the prayer&good luck! im going to ww hopefully tonight.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:46 PM   #33  

Default I lost!!!

I weighed in today instead of yesterday. I lost 2 lbs! I am so happy. I just love this WW program. It has been a good day for me. I played and chased baby Sydney all day, and I am tired. I think I should get activity points for all that.

Little story about Sydney: I was working on computer today on eBay, and she came up to me and said, "BomBom, 'squirrel' down, and let's see the pictures." I cracked up. Needs a little practice on pronouncing computer lingo!

I work tomorrow and Sun. at my parttime job and then go to Savannah Mon to see my other three grandchildren. If they all lived in Waycross, I would get a lot of exercise daily.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Andrea - how did it go at the doctor's office? Good news, I hope.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:48 AM   #34  
banned

hey bom!

congrats!!! thats awesome that story is soo cute

i went to ww thur&the dr yesterday- got med!!!!!! i just hope it helps b/c took my temp this morn and it was 95 1/2.

today is day 1 on the synthyroid-anyone know what that is? is it t2,3 or 4? im new at this, hehe
Old 06-15-2002, 11:10 AM   #35  

I still have not lost any weight. BUT walking for 7 weeks now I do 'feel' better. There is some toning going on. And my energy is has increased a little.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:41 AM   #36  
banned

cool!
Old 06-15-2002, 09:37 PM   #37  

Default Synthroid

Andrea - I took Synthroid to begin with and did okay with it for a few months. She switched me to Levothroid then because she said she thought my system would do better on that. Obviously, it did because I have been on it ever since. However, I started out at .05(I think that is how they say it) and gradually got up to .20 before it leveled off and blood tests were good. She said they have to start out slow to regulate it. Of course, it was every three months that the meds kept increasing, and along with that medicine, the blood pressure went up so I had to start taking medicine for that. Anyway, just don't give up on it. The unexplainable gains were what was so disappointing to me. I am so happy that I can occasionally have a loss that it thrills me to be losing so well on WW program. I hope you do well on the medicine. Glad you joined WW. Join us on those message boards, too. I'll look for you if you decide to go there. Have a good Sunday.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:43 PM   #38  

hbyaya - Glad to hear from you. I see on your profile that you are a grandmother, too, and still working at it. Lovely people, aren't they? I love to hear that people are walking a lot. I used to do it, but the old knees aren't what they used to be. Now, I walk in place in my house to a tape so I can sit when I need to. Works pretty well for me. Baby Sydney asked me this afternoon if she was going to be able to "bend down" when she gets old like me. I told her that she would because she was eating right and getting exercise like she should. That answer seemed to satisfy her. Look to hear from you soon.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:55 PM   #39  
banned

bom,

i wont be taking it. i had a severe reaction to it
Old 06-15-2002, 11:33 PM   #40  

Oh no! What happened to you? What kind of reaction? I am curious about that. Of course, with your allergies, anything is possible, huh? Poor baby.

What did the doctor say or have you had a chance to tell the doctor?
Old 06-16-2002, 01:25 PM   #41  
banned

tell me bout it! ya know what really sux? my skin condition(from the thyroid) started clearing up just from the 1 pill.

im ok today(physically anway) but i felt like i was having a heart attack from it(also got the same feeling from ephedrine&epidril)

dunno what im gonna do but...

dr knows-i went there yesterday she didnt give me nutthin else.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:41 PM   #42  

Andrea,

Did the doctor say what she was going to prescribe for you now? Any alternative? Have you had all the allergy tests done, and if so, were you allergic to foods, chemicals, nature odors? I had this done about two months ago (had it done in '94 also). They said I was not allergic to any foods at all; allergic to minor things plus I reacted strongly to certain trees, dog hair, dust mites, mold, mildew. Anyway, I go to my daughter's house now and will be away for a few days kissing and hugging people, big and small. I hope you get some help/relief. Stay OP and I will talk with you later. Yesterday was a busy day for me so I did not get to do too much at home so I will leave my house in a mess. Oh well, beds made, dishes done, bathroom clean. It will have to do.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:15 PM   #43  
banned

bom,

ty. she didnt give me anything
Old 06-17-2002, 04:50 PM   #44  

Too much thyroid will cause that reaction. You have to build up gradually. Maybe you really don't need it quite yet...not what you want to hear, I know, but there is no magic bullet or pill. It's doubtful your skin actually changed noticeably with one pill. It takes several weeks of treatment to see changes.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:20 AM   #45  
banned

it was aweful& yea, belive it or not, my skin did improve after 1 dose b/c certain spots on my hands are completely ripped up & they were startin to clear.

the dose was only .25. oh well.

ww weigh in in 2 days& im 1/2 pound heavier than my start weight... figures. i think its my period, i hope.
Closed Thread