Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #16  

Have you checked out Focusonthyroid.com? I have found that to have a lot of information concerning thyroid. Andrea, have you seen a thyroidologist? I did not know such a person existed until I saw it surfing the web. One is not available where I live, but there is one in Savannah GA which is about 2 hrs from me. Before I got my medicine at a level that I needed, I gained and gained and gained. I have said before that I knew I ate wrong foods and too much at times, but there were those strange all of a sudden 10 lb gains that my doctor at the time did not attribute to thyroid. I looked up kelp allergy. know what? I could not find it. I found iodine pills made from kelp. Do you have other allergies, too? Can you tell that I am the mother hen type who wants to take care of her chicks? I do feel for you. Please post about tests when you hear.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:43 AM   #17  

Default Synthroid?

I have had a low thyroid for several years.
I have been trying to lose weight, but no success. My doctor ran another test and found that my level had dropped even lower.
She raised my dosage of synthroid.
I started a walking program a month ago.
What else can I do?
Old 06-06-2002, 09:47 AM   #18  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

really confused here..

everyone is telling me that I will lose weight with the meds...
you all are saying that you are having a hard time with it... this is very confusing.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:02 AM   #19  
banned

judy, you are funny, but sweet. i went to an endo(a stupid one) and was lookin 4 a good when the need arose to see my dr. anyway&it somehow came up so i wanna see what she says(shes a new dr for me)&i will post

hb-the only other thing you can do is water, water, water&eat better.

oops, 4got the other persons name, sorry! anyway, ppl usually lose, but it takes time to find the right dose.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:27 AM   #20  

slimdown, my dosage for low thyroid was not strong enough. I have hopes that now that my synthoid is stronger I will see some weightloss now.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:33 AM   #21  
banned

shes right sd. i gained a pound this week
Old 06-06-2002, 10:33 AM   #22  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

What diet plans are you all following? Did you start your diet before or after finding out about your hypothyroid?

I am following weight watchers .. I am eating in the 24-29 range.

Dana
235/219/212 10% mini goal by 4th of July!
Old 06-06-2002, 06:39 PM   #23  

Slimdown - I also like WW. I find that it is easy to follow the program. However, I get lots of points because of my starting weight. I love the o points soup so that helps me. I also love salsa and ff tortilla chips so that is a good snack food. All I know is that I have thyroid problem for app 8 yrs, take med, and am now losing weight. When I first developed the problem and did not know why I was gaining weight, I was thoroughly disgusted with trying to lose weight. I gave up for years thinking that I could not lose. I had always wanted to try WW, and when I mentioned it to my daughter, she said she would do it with me. It works! I think I have my mind setting right this time, too. Stick with it. You can do it. Don't you just love this board?

Old 06-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #24  
banned

s4,

you read my mind! i kept giving up i was so disgusted(lost 65 p in 6 mo on the old ww b/f hypo-t)

im on a lower carb thing, but im going bk to ww esp since i think im about to score meds!!
Old 06-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #25  
banned

hi all

going to dr on friday- just got copies of the endos results from b/f... very interesting. though still normal, my t4, thyroid antibodies& tsh all fall on the low side of the range.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:32 PM   #26  

Hmmmm! I will be interested to hear about Friday with the doctor. I am also glad to hear that you are going to join WW again. I love this points system. It has been very easy for me to adjust to this program. I rely heavily on the soup. Just made a pot today. I also love fruits and veggies so I adjusted well in that area. Since I have retired, I have not had as much time at home as I thought I would. This week has been fun so far. I have been at home doing the little things I wanted to do. Got a long way to go around the house, but if I am doing that, I am not eating!

Good luck with Friday's visit. Please post.
By the way, where is everybody!? Talk to you later.
Old 06-11-2002, 08:10 PM   #27  
banned

thanks s4, it should be interesting&yes i will post it. i gain 10 a tear from this& i am currently 11 1/2 away from my original ww
& I refuse to let my stupid thyroid give me the last 10!(i lost 65 p on the old ww plan b/f thyroid)

glad ya are enjoying yrself
Old 06-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #28  

That's the spirit! Good to hear from you again, and please, call me BomBom.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:23 AM   #29  
banned

ok
Old 06-13-2002, 10:31 AM   #30  
banned

hello all

lost 1/p this week
Closed Thread