Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 03:04 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #60

Hi everyone. Hope your day is going well. It is kind of cloudy and rainy here today and only about 60 above. Supposed to warm up by tomorrow, although still showers around. This is a really good thing, as we really need rain.

Candice - Dreaming about my hubby were you I hope it was a really good dream and that he was nice. He really is a great guy and I have never wanted to trade him in That picture you posted is absolutely beautiful.

Ally - hope your blister is better. That isn't really a good thing to have when you are trying to walk.

Mima - Glad you will get back to the business of being retired soon. Who needs all this extra work. Enjoy your walk and your golf game.

Hi, Meme - where are you?????? I hope you are feeling better.

Joanne, if you lived here, you knee would really be giving you grief today. Damp and cold.

Hi Serenity. Has the weather improved in Manitoba? How are you doing with ww. Is tomorrow ww day for you? Hopefully I will be down another pound or two. It sure doesn't want to come off very darn fast.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 06-19-2002 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:43 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Happy- 60 degrees! We won't see that till next fall. We finally got some really needed rain. I see the Dr. again next week. I called and asked for a referal and he said he wanted me to come into the office. I think he must think I am one of his little ole retired women that doesn't know what they are doing. He has a surprise coming. I was in nursing too many years for him to fool with. I also have been through this once. I know he is a doctor who doesn't like to be told what you want him to do. Well neither do I.
My sister says I am stubborn. I just don't see where my answer is injections ,pain pills , cane and a chair. He won't be the first Dr. that yelled and I yelled back.
Mima- Are you really retired or just for the summer? I concider myself retired. I work more in the house and for family than I ever did. I never seem to stop. Till bedtime. I always have a list of things to do for the next day.
Serenty- Keep up the walking. I used to go to a walking thread in exercise. But everyone faded away and it was hard keeping up a conversation with myself.
Ally- You must be wearing the wrong shoes to walk if you got blisters. Hope they are better
Hello Candice..What a nice picture..
Meme- How are you? I hope you are taking care of yourself..
Bye.... Joanne
Old 06-18-2002, 08:47 PM   #3  

Hi everyone

Joanne - it was 90 here yest. and in the 70's today but started raining again. Wish I could send you some of this heat.

Mima - There always seems to be more to do at home after you are retired. The list makeing is never ending.

Ally Hope you have good shoes. I know I have fibro feet.
Just had to pay $100.00 on sale for sandals (plus tax) I have
to have metetarcel pads in all my shoes. I don't even own a pair of summer dress shoes right now. Always in Nikes or sandals.

Candice - finally - i had 2 colours of Iris bloom white with purple, and deep mauve and also lily of the valley. I see the lilies are getting ready to bloom - don't know what I'll have as everything was moved in the spring, and didn't expect most to bloom.

Mime l- Hope you are taking time for #1

Happy - my walking is not going too good - had to quit after about 15 mins today with foot pain. WW is going good - at least I am doing ok point wise 1st weigh in is tomorrow morning.

We are getting more rain - it poured all night and this morning.
The Red River Floodway looked pretty full when we passed over it on Sat. but apparently that was just from all the rain and they just opened the floodway gates today. It is not good out here,
the farmers didn't have much crops because of the drought, and
now it s all underwater in some places.

There are also these people who don't listen to the warnings to keep away from the river so a few drownings etc.

The 3 rivers in the city are all flooding the land but so far in the city no homes flooded.

must get going - lots todo here

Serenity
Old 06-19-2002, 07:35 AM   #4  

Default Hi

Serenity-that flooding sounds awful!!!!Waiting for them to install the satellite dish this am. 4 days from when we bought it after waiting 2 months and no show for the others!!!!Joanne-I have been retired from teachng for more than 3 years but every couple of months I correct the MA teacher test for about 2 weeks at a time.Since I've retired, I sold my home of 28 years, moved into a condo, got married and moved again.This house is really coming along-Big projects left but they can wait. It's going to be nice today!!!I am pacing myself. I made the best chicken pie last night-sour cream,cheddar,chicken, potatoes , carrots, cream of chicken soup-definitely not low fat but it's a favorite of Brad's. Hey-I bet you could use phyllo dough cuz you can use fat free sour cream and cheddar.Got the recipe from the minister's wife. Go for it Joanne!!!!Get that knee fixed, Hi everyone!!!Mima
Old 06-19-2002, 09:53 AM   #5  

Default Hey There

I just lost my whole post ..This thing is acting up. It is raining again.. I love every drop. Some people are not so happy with it. Up the road a bit the ground is caving in . Big holes and the rain isn't helping them.Their homes are in danger and people have had to move out. The area is unstable. They have put their places up for sale but ofcourse they can't sell. That's just part of Florida. You have the floods etc..
Mimi -I am working on it. I see the Dr.Tuesday. He will probably try to talk me out of it. I wonder who he is concidering me or the insurance company. I'll offer him my knee
Serenity- Hope you did well with your weigh in.. If you can push your walking to 20 min. at a time it would be better. It takes 20 min to change your metabolism. It helps with the wt. loss
Meme- Where are you? How are you doing?
Hello Happy, Candice, Ally. Bye...Joanne
Old 06-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #6  

HI everyone

Well good news lost 4.2 lbs.

Other than that - not feeling well at all. The IBS is back again,
ate something fried yest. = that must have done it. A jelly bismark from the Donut shop.

Also muscles are yelling at me from head to toe. Just taking it easy today and resting - lying down, reading etc.

Hope you all have a good day

Serenity
Old 06-19-2002, 06:01 PM   #7  

Good work, Serenity. I get weighed at the Doc office on Fri. Haven't been on the scale in months. But I think I have lost, at least my clothes tell me I have. I am still walking, blisters and all. What happened was that my comfy sneaks got wet, my other walking shoes were at work, so I pulled out some old ones. They and my socks got wet, and voila!!! Big ugly blister.
I got out of work early to get a new lawnmower...made my son go with me. Oh, my kids are getting too old. They used to enjoy being brought in to help me do something. Today my son couldn't wait to get me out of his hair. His friends were waiting for him when we pulled in the drive...didn't think he was even going to get the box out of my trunk. Finally I let him leave with these boys.....I'll have to get the darned thing out of the box myself. Men!!!! Hot weather on its way here in NY. Took a really long walk with the dos again just in case it is too hot tomorrow. I don't have a lot of fibro aches when I have my period....I KNOW this is also hormonal.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:16 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Serenity- Very Good weight loss. I don't want to burst your bubble of happiness ,BUT. I bet that jelly bismark was about 500 cal. which is about 10 pts. Good thing you ate it last night. A bismark must be the same as a jelly donut. Dunkin Doughnuts is my most favorite place. One donut 500 cal, I don't dare even stop the car near it let alone go there. No control.
Well Girls ,I am off to see my daughter tomorrow. I haven't seen her since March. We have a lot of fun together. I'll check in with you all on monday. She is good for me. She gets me back on track.I have been a little lax lately. Too much to think about.I guess.
Bye..Joanne
Old 06-19-2002, 11:18 PM   #9  

Angry Hi

Serenity - good weight loss. Keep it up.

Joanne - have a good visit with your daughter. They are special aren't they. My daughter and I get along really well. Great friends.

Ally - I hope your blister heals soon. They can be painful. I hope you didn't have to "build" that lawnmower!

I went to ww today and I was down 1.9 pounds. So, I was happy with that. I know I am losing because my clothes are definitley getting larger. It is just so slow going, but I guess the slower the better, because I learn along the way.

Hi Candice and Meme.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:47 AM   #10  

Yappy happy...thanks for the new thread and the man to dream about! It looked like Hans had a pretty fit body for an old married man! Oh and you too! Still do not know why you are trying to lose. You sound like you have the perfect life, except for the Fibro and stuff!

Ally...old shoes will do that to but, how are you walking with blisters, don't make them worse, I had a friend who got blood poisening from a bad blister. Men is right!

Serenity..so gald you take days to just rest, I do that too but I do not think Meme does! Donuts I have to stay away from too! Too many points, I think you can get a regular galzed for only 5 pts. I have only had two since I started the program 2 years ago. Good job on the 4.2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mima.. Tia Chi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jsut do it! you are just one busy bee! Boy you can't eat like that too often..sounds really good, but there must be a lower cal version. how about that lowfat bisquick??????

Joanne......hope you had fun with your daughter..does everyone on here have daughters except me and Ally???????

I think I am going to moms next week, if my brother oks it, we have to stay with him. I hate going away!!!!!!!!!!! Made it two
days without cookies but had my little candy bar..2pts. My nexium makes me hungry...had popcorn tonight, but that is a good treat. Also had pork chops in the crock pot with ranch dressing mix and Mushroom soup, yummmm 4 pts.

Here is some wild Sweet William..................

Last edited by Candicej; 06-20-2002 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:49 AM   #11  

Default Hi

FYI-wheat, dairy, and aspertame gets me in pain which I'm in now, I need to be more disciplined. Great weight losses guys!!!!Have fun Joanne-I have a daughter and we have fun !!!But my boys are great and I have a great time with them and they are easier but then they don't share as much-well my older son does. We got our satellite dish and every 10 minutes the picture freezes and I have made several phone calls to no avail.Back on the phone today.Got my windows painted-going golfing tomorrow. Pork chops in the crock pot sounds good. We had salmon and brown rice last night. Brad doesn't like salmon but he goes along with it once in a while. But he loves that pie.I made a pie with biswick and it was good too so that's what I'll do.Bye for now_Mima
Old 06-20-2002, 06:19 PM   #12  
Rev

I am a 47 year old female with fibromyalgia. My husband is waiting for a liver transplant and my job is his insurance so......I have to work. It is getting harder to get up and go every morning. I work at WalMart as a head Customer Service Manager, you know the ones with red vest catching the lights at the registers. Both of us are overweight. We can't afford weight watchers or any of those kinds of programs due to income and medical expenses, Anyone with any suggestions? I need all the support I can get. If you let me join your thread I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Revella
Old 06-20-2002, 07:23 PM   #13  

Hi Revella......and welcome. And yes indeed you can join. I am 46 and the baby here...I would get jealous if you were younger. like being the youngun somewhere in the world.
Weight loss does NOT cost money. And I should know cause I have sunk tons of money into various schemes and plans thru out the years only to just lose the money and gain the weight back. It really really is teaching yourself a new Way Of Eating. And then you HAVE to get some exercise in there. With your husband, I am not sure what route you go for exercise but even with fibro....you have got to keep moving, walking, stretching. I have my newest "thing" which is to steer clear of things in packages, or boxes or cans etc. I am trying for fresh. If I do that I completely rule out cookies, junk food, processed food etc. I do a lot of veggies and chicken. I only eat pasta and bread and potatoes once in a while cause I think carbs are my downfall. I will know what I weigh tomorrow as I go to the Doc. I hope I am not disappointed. That is why I stayed off the scale. Those numbers can get you down. I would rather go with the way I feel.

Oh you guys..I had a Cujo experience on a hike tonight. I have to go look up Wolf and see a picture...cause I swear that is what popped out of the woods and jumped my old arthritic spaniel. I screamed at it and started swinging the leash and it went back into the woods, bu followed us, jumping out every now and then and baring it's teeth. Scared the cr-ap out of me. I actually RAN for about a half a mile (I didn't even feel my feet touching the ground) My dogs were scared to death too. Normally they would bark at another dog. They put their tails between their legs and took off running.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:15 PM   #14  

Talking

Hi Girls

Ally - take good care of the blisters. My friends hubby is a walker & is in bad shape right now because he insisted on walking with blisters.

Many years ago I lived in northern Ontario, in a game preserve, with bears and wolves etc all around. The wolves usually don't like to be around humans and will take off out of sight when humans enter the bush. My pet was half pure bred Siberian Husky and half wolf. Did you know that wolves stay with the same mate for their lifetime? They live in family groups and don't mate until they find themselves a home "den". The "unmarried" F & M adults, baby sit for the family etc.

Joanne - I know the bismark is a killer. lol I seem to be getting by on less than my top amount of points each day. Hope I can keep it up, a few points each day will add up.

Candice - please keep up the pictures of your flowers, I really enjoy them.

Mima - I am allergic to aspertame, but before I knew that it sure
caused me a lot of pain as well as allergy reaction.

Rev. WELCOME - you will find lots of weight watchers recipes etc. on line. Keep coming in to visit.

Hi Happy

My daughter is coming from Vancouver B.C., to visit for 7 days.
I haven't seen her since March of 2001 when I went to visit her.
It was my first plane trip. She doesn't get home often as she
works and goes to UBC and needs all her money for tuition etc.
We are really looking forward to having some time with her.

Feeling much better today and getting about and also eating better.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:19 AM   #15  

Default Hello everyone

Rev, glad you found your way over here. Nice to have you. I live in Western Canada, in the Province of Alberta. You have a lot on your plate right now. That must be terrible to know that no matter how you feel you have to go to work in order to have insurance. I really feel for you and your hubby. I think we ALL know how to eat and what we must do. Ally is right about the exercise, but that is a hard thing for me to do. I have arthritis in my lower back, and find that because of this, my legs ache so bad and get so stiff at times, it just hurts to move them at all. I am sure some of it is good old FM as well.

Serenity - glad to here that you are feeling better. A visit with your daughter after that length of time will be great. I don't know where the time goes, but it sure whizzes by! Heavens, tomorrow is already the longest day of the year and then we head back again. Going to be hot here tomorrow - supposed to be 28 but it will probably go higher. We will all be heading to the lake. For our American friends, that is up in the mid 80's. Perhaps I can melt some of this fat off

Mima, Meme, Joanne and Candice Hi. Have yourselves a good day.

Meme - I hope you are sleeping or taking time for you and not still sick. Just a little hi would be nice, so we know you are ok.
Closed Thread