Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:02 AM   #91  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi All

Sorry I have not posted for a few days here but my niece has been staying with us for a few days. She is 13 years old and we have been going out and about doing different things. Went shopping to Meadow Hall which is in Sheffield which is a big shopping centre. Walked my legs off and I am now paying for my pleasure they ache like mad plus have not much control over my legs today not walking so good. But it was worth it as we all had enjoyable day.
Bought several new clothes as with my weight loss so far my clothes are looking kinda baggy really nice feeling when your buying several dresses sizes smaller than before. You see that your change in diet and exercise has really paid dividends Now the weather is getting warmer I am starting to scratch like a dog with fleas lol Well I have eczema and during the summer months I have a constant battle of keep my skin moisturised to stop the scratching. DH bought me a portable air conditioning united a few days (lucky me smiling like a Cheshire cat since he bought if for me) but not really used it since he bought it as it has been rainy and over cast lol

ROSEBUD ~ Sounds like DH has had a job and an half putting up the garden fence never an enviable task. Phew but at least it has done now. Not sure what MP means when you refer to MP symptoms. We seldom abbreviate words when 20 will do the job lol But what I can glean from your post is that your sister and Dad both have vitamin deficiencies geeze sure does run in the family. Yes physical education lessons or PE is compulsory until you are 14 then it is an option for you to choose. As the last 2 years at secondary school you choose the subjects you which to take. But some still remain compulsory such as Maths and English. When you are younger for example in primary school you do health eduction such are explaining which foods are health and how to read the food labels which have the traffic light colour system. This as they get old and enter into secondary school they do sex education within health classes. But how much of health education is work is now being brought up now as we are getting more obese children and also we have a very high teenage pregnancy rate. They are wondering whether to follow the Netherlands where sex education is done from a very early age. They have the lowest teenage pregnancy rates in Europe so they seem to be doing something right.

MO ~ Afraid I have not had time to go to the gym as yet been busy walking the Length and breadth of England lol well it seems like I have walked that much with my niece here. Well certainly had plenty of exercise during the past few days. Congratulations on your 4th wedding anniversary I hope your having a wonderful weekend with DH to recharge your batteries. Plus have some quality time with DH which is priceless and well deserved.

Take care

purpleorc.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ ~ We spent Thursday shopping and running errands; and we also walked our feet off; mine were terribly sore, so we went to bed early. We didn't get to eat out cuz our favorite place was closed up; with all the new places opening up, it cut too much into her business; but she didn't tell anyone. So, on Friday, we went to the garden nurseries to pick up tomato plants and some flowers; then we picked up a spit-BBQ chicken for dinner, instead.

MO ~ Hope you and DH have a wonderful weekend trip for your anniversary; our 18th anniversary is on June 14. Last year, we rented a cottage for a week, but so far we don't have any plans yet. Your plans sound fab; I guess you can just drive down to Montana as Calgary is on the lower end of Alberta???

Sorry, you've been having problems with Eric; I realize Autistic children have some very unique issues; but, you are learning patience and earning your ANGEL WINGS at the same time, MO ~ LOL! So, hang in there, kiddo!

PURPLEORC ~ MP stands for menopause; sorry for the shortforms, but everyone is using them now (I'll try to be more concise). Glad your having fun with your niece; and all that walking does count, as you know!

ANYHOW, DH just got home, so gotta go do the dinner thing; take care all ~ ROSEBUD.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #93  
MSer living healthy

Hello all

Still in recovery mode since my nieces visit and sleeping lots pity that does not count as exercise Been catching up on housework too, been ironing lots which I hate with a passion will do any other house hold chore but ironing has always been my bug bear Yesterday afternoon it was extremely humid so for the first time used the air condition unit it was bliss it worked a treat.

ROSEBUD ~ Thanks for letting me know what MP stands for so I have learnt something today. Here in England MP means member of parliament so one of the government members. So I know it did not mean that lol

Must go I have afternoon tea to prepare, making a fresh fruit salad so quite of bit of preparation for starters on that dish.

catch you soon

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 06-03-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:53 PM   #94  
Rosebud

PURPLEORC ~ MP also stands for Minister of Parliament here too; as well as Mounted Police (as in RCMP). But on this site, I see it used for that specific health issue ~ LOL!

YUCK ~ don't envy the ironing thing; don't do that anymore; we have mostly perma-press clothes/linens here. Only time I iron is on the rare occasion that something precious gets wrinkled and needs a quick pressing.

Glad you got your air conditioner; knew you would love it. We had to use ours the other night for humidity as well. Makes it nicer for sleeping too.

HI MO ~ hope your doing well; know you are busy with Eric. TTYL ...

ANYWAYS ~ want to get to bed before midnight tonight; am very tired and my bedtime ritual takes too much time. Take care ladies ~ ROSEBUD.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #95  
MSer living healthy

Good afternoon everyone.

Still remains on the warm side but today at least there is a breeze so with doors and windows open actually not so bad. After writing this post I am going to do that wonderful task which my dog Rizzie hate with a passion because it contains water lol That is the infamous shower. As soon as the collar comes of he does his Oscar nomination for acting that is he sits and shacks and gives you the saddest eyes. He makes me feel mean for bathing him but the water is always nice and warm and I take great care for it not to go in his eyes or face. But I have to bathe him as he pongs to high heavens as he is that bone idle that he does not cock his leg up so hence he squats slightly and his aim is hopeless its over his feet every time. So he has to have frequent baths to keep him sweet smelling. But we still love him to bits .

My weigh day today I really did not think it was a good week but when I checked my records I found that I had lost 4lbs I had thought I was different weigh when I had hopped on the scales so nice surprise. Plus I have reach my own first mini goal which I set which was to get my BMI below 40 so that I would no longer be classed as morbidly obese. So very happy today with this achievement. Now I have to think of another goal to get too but not sure what that will be as yet

ROSEBUD:~ Oh for those perma press clothes you talk about never heard of those they would be great maybe they will travel the big water to here one day. Have you managed to plant the tomato plants that you bought from the nurseries? Home grow produce always taste so good. Do you grow the tomatoes outside or in a green house? Most here are grown in greenhouses as the weather is not consistent enough really for outdoor tomatoes. But I can see a change in the weather so with this global warming I think we will grow more outside. Many gardens now are being set with what are know collectively as potting plants. Such plants as busy lizzies, petunias and marigolds. So in a few weeks time some of the gardens will be a blaze of colour. Not got to many potting plants in my garden but I do have a large hanging basket with just busy lizzies that my dad had made for me. Hope the barbecue was nice with the spit chicken. Weather permitting might be having one Wednesday at my brother in laws in the evening.
MO I agree with Rosebud regarding you earning your angel wings. Children with special need such as Eric's but extra demand on your time and relationships. I have a slight insight into your situation as I have nursed adults with learning difficulties who then had a greater need with their mental health welfare at the time so were cared for in a psychiatric environment. So with caring for the families I understand just a tiny bit what a special parent you are to care for a son with unique problems. With speaking with the mums and dad you have glimpse into the world of the day to day issues that you cope with on a 24 hour basis. Where I could shut the door so to speak and leave it on the doorstep. You or parents like yourself do not have that luxury. So your one special angel in this world

Bye for now. No more reprieve has Rizzie got the water is a coming and it has got his name on it. Catch you all soon.xxx
Old 06-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #96  
ericsmommy

Hi Rosebud and Purpleorc

Thanks for the thoughts, and your both right it has been very busy here and yes Eric is alot of work but l wouldn't change him for anything, he is such a joy in our lives, I am finally feeling better, was real sick onour trip away to Montana, we like it was food poisning, as it hit me real hard and fast, spent a long 7 hours in the van driving home and getting sick, but once l was home and back in bed took just 24 hours for it to clear up. My DH stayed home and watched Eric so that was a blessing. But l am feeling great now, went to curves yesterday and going again tomorrow. been eating real good and the scales prove it I am at 172 now and since March1 have lost 40lbs l am so excited.I have my weight in at curves on weds and l am hoping my BMI will be down to my goal of 30, last month l was at 31 so l am hoping.

Purple congrads on meeting your mini goal and having a lower BMI is more inportant that just lossing weight so pat yourself on the back.

Rosebud
I hope your storms your soppose to get don't hurt your garden, do you have any plans to get away this summer for a holiday? WE are hoping to go to Edmonton for a few days and do the big mall (purple it's the biggest mall in Canada) Staying in the hotel right in the mall and hanging out at the waterpark cause Eric loves water.

Well l got to go and feed Eric now so have a great day ladies and thanks for your thoughts, it sure is nice knowing l have friends out in the world.
ericsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #97  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ ~ We've have a busy week. We went up to visit DH and my Dad at the building project; I can't believe how much they got done in just 2.5 weeks. DH says he's the gopher and nail hammer; while Dad's the real builder; but he says he's really learning a lot from the experience. (They are building a new small cottage for my Dad and step-mother, Gracie).

We bought a lot there first, but we think we'll try to put a small one-room cabin with a screen-in porch just as a get away place. It's a dream for us; sure hope it comes true someday. We've had a plan, but you have to save a long time for something like that.

MO ~ so sorry your trip was hampered by food poisoning (poor dear); that's something you always must watch for when eating away. So glad you are feeling well now; and CONGRATS on your WL achievements ~ you are doing so fabulously! Last night we bought chicken dinner and took it to my Dad's as that was their last night here (they returned home today).

I envy that trip to the Edmonton Mall; we should plan something, but we are having terrible trouble with our car's radiator right now. We have to pick up some stuff tomorrow to see if it helps; ^praying^ it works.

GARDEN UPDATE ~ We had the storms, including one today (our hydro went out for about 1.5 hours); but everything is A-OK in the garden. Everything is up except the potatoes, which we buried deeply. TODAY, we planted the green and yellow beans inbetween the double carrot, turnip, and onion set rows. We had lots of seed, so we just filled in spaces everywhere.

AND, we transplanted those TOMATO PLANTS into a GREEN HOUSE that DH built for me last spring; I put in 16 plants in all (8-Early Girl, 4-Lunch Box, and 4-Tiny Tims). The Lunch Box are a trial this year. They vary in sizes from cherry to medium; we had good success last year with our tomato plants.

PURPLE ~ It's so cold here that you have to put tomato and cuke plants in a greenhouse; I even delayed a bit this year cuz of funny weather. I never heard of busy lizzies; but I have marigolds, and red geraniums that I wintered over. Petunias and pansies are wonderful too.

CONGRATS on your WL-V's as well; but, I am very puzzled why some people call themselves morbidly obese, when that term only pertains to poor dears who are deathly ill from complications of extreme obesity, according to my book on NATURAL HEALING AND REMEDIES.

On this site, I even see people who only weigh in the 200's calling themselves that, which I don't believe is accurate at all. We need to find nicer ways to view ourselves and build up our self-esteem. I believe a good self-image gives people the strength they need to achieve their goals and dreams!

My furry babies don't like the idea of baths/showers, but once they are in there; they actually enjoy it. Hope you had some fun with it, none-the-less. I trim their hair twice a year, and that helps a lot to keep them cleaner, but they are both girls and like to be clean.

ANYHOW, that's all the news for now. Have a great weekend and take good care of yourselves ~ your fellow encourager ~ ROSEBUD.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #98  
MSer living healthy

Good evening everyone

I think I have caught the gardening bug from Rosebud well not quite but been helping DH mow the lawn sweep a path or two. Watered the hanging basket that is about as far as my gardening skills go. Not very good at keeping things alive that are vegetable or flowers just don't seems to have the knack

With the weather being nice was able to dry the laundry outside. Plus have our lunch time meal outside under the umbrella so a nice treat. Been a nice day spent pottering in the garden but I bet I find some muscles I didn't know I had .

Rizzie is all bathed, well showered as we don't have a bath in the bungalow was not in the least impressed by the water. He hates it even when he is in but needs musts. Fortunately he does fight me but does my DH so hence I bath him mostly. So clever animals are he realises he can not be boisterous with me else he makes me fall over. He is so powerful with being a Staffordshire bull terrier they are all muscle they may not look too big I would class them as a medium sized dog. But you sure know how heavy he is when you have to pick him up they say muscle weighs more than fat.

MO:~ Really nice to hear from you. So sorry that you was struck down with food poisoning sounds absolutely terrible. Sound like you have a wonderful DH who looked after Eric for you till you recovered. See you go to curves, what is curves I see it must be some form of exercise but I am sure that you could enlighten me with more details. Congratulations on the 40lbs weight lost you have done so well. Hope you achieve your BMI of 30.

ROSEBUD:~ Sound like your having a very busy week. I hope your safe from the storms. We are very fortunate here in England that we do not have such storms.

Yes I understand what you mean about the term morbidly obese it sounds awful. But I come from a medical background as you know so it was a term that I have been deeply ingrained in me. But I so wish that the terminology is changed.

Yes self image is very important part, I went on self destruction when I was diagnosed. I was overweight but after the diagnosis I did not care about myself I was so angry my body had let me down. I don't know why but I felt I should not be ill, I was a nurse I cared for others not the other way round. So that for me was a bitter pill to swallow to come to terms with letting others care for me and do things for me. Even ask when I could not do something was harder. So my weight balloon to the heaviest I have ever been I made one half heart attempt to lose weight I did lose some weight but I cheated with food. If people did not see me eat it then it did not count. But this time I was so ready to take the journey my self image was high and I found this site and I have not looked back. It helps that my DH takes this journey with me and we encourage each other if we have low moments We have both nearly lost 3 stone each. oops lol having a dizzy moment here was working in stones which we use here. Will translate about 42lbs each.

Must go it is getting late here. Catch you soon.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #99  
ericsmommy

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is having a good Monday, I am feeling great today, going to curves this morning, (purpleroc, curves is a exercise place only for woman, and it is set up in a circle with about 18 machines and you do 30sec on each machine but go around twice, there is a speaker that tells you when to change machines and every 10 minutes you check your pulse, takes 30 minutes to do the workout and that includes strenghtes. It's a hard but fast workout and when l leave l feel great that l did it. cost me 40 dollars a month and they recomend you do it 3 times a week for the best results,)

We went up to the Rockie mountains on the weekend and it was beautiful, very relaxing, we only live 60 mintues from banff,

I am hoping tomorrow we might hear when Eric's theraphy will be starting so l am excited and scared at the same time. I will keep you posted. I am also organzing Eric's 4th birthday party, going to hold it in a jungle gym and then a party room, have 6 autistic little boys coming so it should be very interesting. His birthday is the 24 so l have 2 more weeks to get it all done wish me luck.

Well ladies l have to go and take Eric to school so have a great day and keep smiling.

Rosebud l hope your dream of a 1 room getaway happens sooner than you hope, it will be nice for both you and DH.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #100  
MSer living healthy

Hi Everyone
Getting quite late here but I thought I'd pop in and browse around. Been on a very long journey today about 300 miles in total went to accompany my DH as he did a favour for his brother. His brother runs a business mainly making bean bags of various shapes and sizes. My DH and I occasionally help him by doing very large deliveries or deliveries which contain leather. (mainly because leather goods are very costly so instead of relying on the couriers we step up and help him.) Today we went to Thurrock which is very near our capital of London. We were delivering 26 large bean bag chairs for a cinema which was opening on Friday. It was in a huge complex of shops and was very difficult to find with it being new the postal code (zip code) did not yet exist in our sat nav. Normally we can drive straight there but today we could just go to the town and ask for directions. Apart from the difficulty finding it was a good journey there and back. But it has been a long day and I am quite tired. Our dog always comes along on our journeys we do frequent toilet stops for him. I take some chilled water along which i keep chilled in a freezer bag with ice blocks in. He is as good as gold he sleeps most of the journey only popping his head up if we go into towns. We go in vans to these trips so there are 3 seats at the front and he has a spot right there in-between my DH and I.

Unfortunately I think I maybe coming down with a cold. Saturday night I could not get warm despite the weather being warm. Then yesterday I notice that my throat was getting very sore. Today the sore throat continues and I have now developed a cough. I have been so fortunate I have not suffered many colds. I think I built some form of immunity after being in nursing. When I first started I use to catch every bug going they all seemed to have my name on for infecting me But after about 6 months things settled down. I now have my flu vaccination every year and this year for the first time I was recommended to have the pneumonia jab as well for good measure.

MO:~ Nice to hear from you. Thanks for letting me know what curves are. Would loved to be able to do that but I am not sure that that fast pace is something I could keep up with. Fatigue sets in very quickly (especially if I am warm) and it is like hitting a walk and the body runs out a fuel and can see to get going. Glad that you feel good afterwards and that you are feeling the benefits as well.

My fingers are crossed and I hope that your DS Eric is able to start his therapy very soon. I can understand that you have many emotion regarding his therapy varying from excited to scared, I think this is only normal and I am sure that many parents like yourself must have the same feeling as you. I wish you and your DH and Eric of course all the best and I hope that he gets a lot out of the therapy.

Sounds like your are going to be very busy organising a birthday party for Eric's 4th birthday. Your going to have your hands full with all the children attending the party. But I am sure that they will love it. I will be thinking of you.

It sound bliss to me being able to go up to the Rockie Mountains for me it conjures up absolutely breath taking scenary. Which in turn gives peace and tranquility and the ability to recharge the batteries. If only for a short time. I may have a rose coloured image of the Rockies but it is nice to dream of far away places. Where I live it is quite flat and I visit my parents regularly and they live in a very flat county called Lincolnshire. If you want mountains then you have to really look to Wales or Scotland I suppose for those. But even thoughs are not that high compared with other mountains around the world.

Night All catch you all again soon.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #101  
ericsmommy

Hi Everyone

Just got home from curves and wanted to share my results with you.

My BMI which on March 13 was 34.90 is now at 27.60
my weight which was 206.5 is now at 169
total inches loss is 30.50
total weight loss 37.5
total body fat pounds is 25.42

I am so excited that l had to share,
between sugar busters and curves l am doing and feeling great.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #102  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ ~ Sorry to be late posting this week ~ but, we've been hit with a terrible heat wave; today it was 92F in the shade and it hit 40C (over 103+F) in the sun. We went to town early in the morning, but had to return by noon cuz of the heat. Thankfully, some clouds and a little breeze showed up in the evening to cool things down.

One of our fuses blew; turns out our air conditioner, my computer, and our freezer were all on the same line and we didn't know it; so it was overloaded and blew a fuse. I have to turn the PC off when I'm not using it now, cuz we needed the air conditioner so badly this week; I did recall that the A/C's manual did say it had to be on it's own plug-in, but not it's own line.

MO ~ I'm so glad you are doing so well; and I'm so proud of you that you have been able to keep up with the Curves program, cuz it can be a little difficult (my sis had trouble with it). I have been checking out the Sugar-Buster's thread and their online site as well. My own plan was based on the Diabetes and Heart Associations' Plans and is very similar. SB is just a little stricter, so I cut out one ww/bread for BF for now to see if it helps.

I went for my 30-minute walk in the village yesterday; and store-walking today for probably and hour or more; store or mall-walking is great cuz you almost don't even notice you are doing it for exercise, so it has become a favorite of mine. The outdoor walking seems to take more effort; why that is so, is beyond me (maybe the store floors are smoother and I'm distracted by all the stuff).

I sure hope Eric gets his therapy and that all goes how you hope for him. You know that once he starts talking or communicating, that he may talk a lot like in the HELEN KELLER movie; did you see that one, MO? Best wishes for the birthday party; WOW, you are brave taking on a party with seven Autistic kiddies; are their parents going to be there too??? But, you never know, everything may go better than you expect!

PURPLE ~ glad you had a successful trip with the chairs and your pooch; when we go on trips, we always take our little darlings (wouldn't leave home without them). DH is working on our Marquis now; going to put it on the road. It has an air conditioner in it and it's a nice size car. So far the BARS LEAK worked on the rad, but there's some other things that are concerning us now; so I told DH that IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE from the older one ~ LOL!

Just when I told you we had over a week of rain and then storms, we get the worst heatwave I have ever seen in my life; even the one we had a couple of years back wasn't this hot. I sure hope this doesn't last or it will totally ruin our summer here. It's funny that other places are not getting such hot temps and we live in the north ??? Puzzling or what???

ANYWAYS, I just wanted to get in here and post so you won't wonder what happened to me. It's getting hot in here cuz the freezer's in this room and it heats the whole room (it's the spare room where my PC is). WELL, off to bed I go; will talk you all soon; take care ~ ROSEBUD.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #103  
MSer living healthy

Hello All

Sorry I have been not been on the boards for nigh on a week now. But unfortunately my sore throat turned into a upper respiratory infection so knocked me for six. But I am up and about now but not firing on all cylinders yet but i am heaps better than i was. But I have been very generous I have shared it with my DH has he has started to come down with it in the past couple of days. Last night he was waking up frequently and changing from hot to cold. So a bit of TLC is in order for my DH until he is feeling much better as we ladies all know with past experience that when they get a cold they act as if they are "dying"

MO:~ on your achievements with curves and the change in your eating habits. They have really paid dividends I am really pleased for your. A big pat on the back is deserved for you. You have done so well, I wish you all the best for getting to your goals. Yes i agree with Rosebud that you have done remarkably well with sticking with the exercise programme of curves because your explanation of the programme seemed very hard to me. So to manage that regime is no mean feat and shows your dedication. Looking forward to hearing about how Eric's birthday party went on when you have a little time i your very busy life to spend a moment on the boards. Have been thinking of you and how your going on.

ROSEBUD:~ Gosh I do not envy you with the heat wave we never get temperatures hitting 40C we think it is hot when we hit 30C the hottest I have every experienced here in the UK is 34C and that was a few summers back. I am pleased that you have had the breeze and cloud roll in that evening to cool things down. I do not realise how lucky I am to have a much more temperate climate. Shame about the overload with the PC and the air conditioner. Fortunately I can run both off the same line.

Yes I do not realise how far I am walking if I am window shopping. I am able to walk a little further when I do that rather than just go out for a walk. I think it is because my mind is preoccupied with looking in the shop windows rather that just having to concentrate on the walking

We changed our car last June and in 2 years time will change it again. Here in the UK we have a scheme which is for people with mobility problems. If you qualify on your problems with your mobility then your able to join a scheme. It is not means tested( by that I mean by how much money you earn or by how much savings you may have.) it is just to help people get from A to B. There are many cars to choose from but you must have one to suit your needs. We always must select one with enough room for a wheelchair as with my condition it is likely that I may need one in the future and so you must think of things like that. Your able to change your car every 3 years. Road tax is paid for and RAC (which is a break down scheme here in the UK which rescues you or helps you get going depending on the problem) Also services are paid for (this is where the car is checked over and certain things are check or tightened to may sure your car runs at its most optimum) . You pay a set price every week for this it is the same price for every car. But some cars at the end of 3 years you will get a lump sum back. When selecting a car you may need to put a deposit down but that varies from model to model. We have been very happy with the scheme and it has helped me with my mobility when days for me are not very good it stops me from being house bound.

Had an eye test a few weeks ago an found that my eyes had deteriorated which was of no great surprise to me as I was struggling to read. I wear varifocal lens at the minute. So I have now just picked up my new glasses which are still varifocals. But geesh they are expensive soon will need a mortgage to buy glasses I have worn glasses now for over 20 years and I could not see to read or see properly in the distance. So i need them full stop.

Must run going out very shortly and guess what I am not in the least ready. So I better get my skates on and get myself ready. Going out to play cards tonight and meeting a group of others who do the same thing. It is called a drive and you play for prizes. Do not play for much but on the other hand it is cheap to play. Plus at most places that includes a cup of coffee or tea and biscuits. (not exactly good for my figure but i do not eat them now)

bye take care

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 06-19-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #104  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Well, it's a brand new week and we have wonderful new weather to go with it; rainshowers intermittant with sunshine and nice moderate temperatures ~ now that's a nice summer.

GARDEN UPDATE ~ our garden is doing great; the beans are now about 4 or 5 inches tall with all these rains and some of the salad onions are almost ready to eat. The potatoes are up and we even have a few tomatoes already; on the Tiny Tims, but they are still green yet.

We went to the lake after church last Sunday; DH caught one PIKE, but released it cuz they have too many bones. While he did that, I gave my furry babies a bath in the nice, warm water; we walked in on the shallow end. They loved it cuz they can just walk in on their own just til the water is up to their backs; and they like this way much better than the tub!

PURPLE ~ nice to hear from you; I noticed that as the summer has come, everyone's posting is slower on the board. We have been very busy also and I know that MO is very busy with ERIC, Curves, her home, and of course, she has to keep her personal relationship up with her DH. I agree with you also, that she is doing superbly!!!

That car plan you have in the UK sounds great; we don't have one like it here although it sounds a lot like leasing a car, but you have better conditions than us. We were very surprised by those high temps last week; never seen that before in my life; hope we never do again ~ LOL!

That card game with the prizes sounds neeto; I think we only have bingo here, but the Legion (Canadian Veteran's Support Org) sometimes has dart games and card tournies. We play a game with cards that's like Aggravation with marbles, but they move around with cards instead of dice; we call it CHASE (or as my sis calls it ~ EXTREME CHASE). DH makes the boards with nice pieces of wood, which we sometimes give away as gifts.

My eyes are doing the same as yours; started out only needing reading glasses, but over that last year or so, my regular sight is going down. It's very unsettling when your dinner looks blurry; I found it a little hard adjusting to it all at first; and I think it makes me a little dizzy sometimes too ~ LOL!

MO ~ hope you are doing well; and your family too. Keep up the good work; you are doin' fantabulously ~ LOL! Say hi to your family for us.

Well, that's all the news for now; not much else going on here right now; will be going to town for a wee bit of shopping and pick up some car parts. Hope you are all well; take good care ~ ROSEBUD.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-19-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #105  
MSer living healthy

Good Afternoon everyone.

I am feeling much better than I was just about up to par. But DH has had a horrid cold but today seems to be the first day of his recovery he says he feels much better than he did.

Here in England the weather has been very bad, "flaming June" as it is called. We have had very heavy rainfall. Some places getting what is normally a months rain in about a couple of hours. With this amount of rain places are not equipped to handle it. So there has been much flooding and even one death when a soldier was washed away. My garden is very soggy and water logged. But compared to some parts of England we have been very fortunate and that is something to count your blessing for.

Went out Monday for a meal with my DH side of the family. There were 13 family members and 2 friends of my brother in law. So a fairly large party we went to a local pub for tea as the meal was booked for 4pm. The meal was because my DH auntie and Uncle were due to fly out to Cyprus were they now live. They had been in this country for 1 month having a holiday catching up with family and friends. They have lived out there for approximately 2 years. The next day my DH and I took them to the local airport to catch their flight back to Cyprus. Really enjoyed the meal and the family get together has been a while since we have all been together. This is due to my brother in laws hobby and job. My brother in law was in the parachute regiment and he has left that now but still does sky diving on a regular basis. At the moment he is supervising a sky diving centre after they had a fatality due to some lax practises which had started at this centre. My brother in law is an instructor and also part of the team if there is a fatality in the UK caused by sky diving but I am not sure what this job title comes until though.

ROSEBUD:~ Sounds as though you and your DH had a lovely time up at the lakes. Just a pity that you he could not catch a fish that you could eat. We also have bingo here. but I have never heard of the card game you call chase. Although it sounds really good, love to play games such as these. From a young child both my sister and I were encouraged to play games of all sorts. The love of these games still remains today. Your DH makes wonder gifts for card games. We have a pegging board or cribbage board that is used in cribbage a card game. My grandfather made one of these boards many years ago and my parents still have the board. Yikes you talk of picking up car parts hope that they are not so costly as they are in the UK. Mind you everything is very expensive here mainly I think due to importing most goods into the country and the heavy tax that we have on nearly everything. Cigarettes and fuel are heavily taxed along with alcohol. Only just over a week here till every where in England becomes no smoking so much publicity about this at the moment. But Scotland, Ireland and Wales already are non smoking. So we are the last part of the United Kingdom to do so.

Must run and rescue something out of the oven before we have burnt offerings for tea.

bye
purpleorc