Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #16  
ericsmommy

Hi Erin and Rosebud

Glad your both doing good, and Erin l can relate to the sezures, I haven't had one for almost 4 years now but the meds l am on make me gain weight so that sucks. My Dad was on the shot in the belly for blood thinner and his belly was all bruised, but he says it's better than dieing and l have to agree. He also had a few strokes. So please don't be so hard on your self and take it easy and slow and the weight will come off. I have lost 7lbs so far just cutting out sugars and white breads and trying to excersice the best l can with my legs.

ps Rose is there a way to save this link in a favorite folder or something? As l am still having a hard time finding it.

Thanks
ericsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Hello Mo and Erin ...

... Finally checkin' in; had some trouble with my old pc. Had to update my anti-virus and warrior programs; had some big problems. I hope I have them all solved, at least for now.

Yes MO, here's the thread address link(s):

PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ... any ideas?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10677

And, DIETING WITH OBSTACLES Forum link is:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

You can copy them into a file to remember them and I will PM them to you so you have a record in one of your USER CP message files for later reference.

Glad to hear you are doing well. WOW ... 7 lbs ... you're off to a great start. I eat only whole wheat breads now, but have cut the portions down; no junk foods; and eating more fruits, veggies, lean proteins, lower-fat dairy. For those like yourself, who have a smaller amount to lose (only 30-50 lbs or less), making a few changes in your eating style, and adding more regular exercise is all you need to do really.

I am focusing on healthy this time, cuz I want this to last. I have a small treat once a week (ie light popcorn), one lower-fat dessert on Sunday, and once or twice a month, we go out for dinner or lunch; but we try to have something healthy (ie lean steak, bbq spit chicken, or a turkey bunwich). This way, you still get to enjoy some of life's pleasures too. It just takes a little more planning that's all ... notta problem!

ERIN ... yes, I was on Coumadin for the first year; now my doctor has me on coated aspirin therapy (for life). I don't have side effects from the aspirin that might be from other drugs, I guess; BUT, I just have to make sure that I always take it with food to protect my stomach.

Well, gotto go for now ... both of you take care ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-22-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: error
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #18  

l can relate to the sezures, I haven't had one for almost 4 years now but the meds l am on make me gain weight so that sucks. My Dad was on the shot in the belly for blood thinner and his belly was all bruised, but he says it's better than dieing

i am now on a shot too so i can get pregnant and i does bruise something awful. You get all lumpy too since the medicatio breaks down the fat in your stomach and makes these gross lumps. Blech..
Its great that you havent had any seizures in four years. Its been about 6 months for me. What are you taking? I was on topamax and lost a ton of weight. I gained it all back when i went off of it and here i am. I cant wait to have a baby so i can go back on it. It helps my headaches too. Ok so i whined enough. Hope you all had a fabulous day.

Erin
Daffadil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #19  
ericsmommy

Default meds

Hi Erin

I am on epival 500mg 2 x a day, it took awhile for it to control them but it's working great now. Yeah the bumps on your belly arn't the best but don't let it get you down, As soon as you start lossing some of this weight and you get pregnant you will be so happy. I got pregnant at age 36 buy accident as we were using the pill, As l was told not to have kids cause of my CP and eplispy but I am so glad we have our son. Even though he is autistic he is still the happist little guy l know.

Have a great day and keep eating well and excersiing the best you can.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #20  
Rosebud

Cool Good evening ladies ...

... Glad to see you both got your weight tickers up; and we all like butterflies cuz there so lovely, and spring is on its way soon. Was a little cooler today, but we had full sunshine. Went to town shopping today; and did a lot of walking. My legs were a bit sore, but it all counts.

My sister was on an older drug that they don't use as much today called Phenobarb (sp?); it was very strong and she hated it. Eventually, she was able to go off meds for good; that sometimes happens. She is very grateful for that cuz it affected her early schooling; she struggled, but she did graduate from high school and college. I'm glad that you have found one that works for you Mo.

I'm on a drug to lower my sugar levels called Metformin, but I have been able to cut it down drastically. My goal is to go off it completely as soon as I can, cuz I never want to have to take those nasty needles. Thankfully, I'm doing pretty good keeping my eating plan and blood sugars balanced.

Well, just wanted to drop in and say hi; felt a little better today, fighting off a stubborn little flu we had. Take care; and know that you're both in my prayers too ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #21  
ericsmommy

Default That's great Rosebud

I am glad you did walking and I hope you didn't overdo it and are paying the price today with your legs.

my DH is on metaformin and both of us are working on our weight, We have started sugar busters and are both feeling the effects from it for the better, we haven't had any sugar in our diets in over a week and we both feel better. His sugar levers arn't going up and down as much as before they have leveled out and his trips to the loo have gone way donw too.

Yes l figured out the tickers just wish l could make it move faster but like you always say slow and steady wins the race.

I have my second appt at curves tomorrow morning and i am looking forward to it.

Today l am doing all the laundry and vacuuming and I know that will be enough of a workout for me.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #22  
Rosebud

Talking Sending an Irish Blessing your way ...

Hi Ladies ~

How do you like Curves, Mo? Are you able to use the machines? Do you get to do individual programs or do you have to go with the group. My sis tried a club out west, but she didn't like it? They had only group sessions, but she couldn't keep with the group. Thankfully, she purchased only a couple of beginning classes for a try-out, cuz she didn't want to spend a whole pile of money and not be able to stick with it. I hope you have a better program.

The group here goes pretty fast too; I wouldn't be able to use the machines yet. We have friends that go here, but they don't weigh very much (they only have 30-50 lbs to lose); and some of them don't need to lose anything ~ they just go to KEEP in shape.

I slipped on some ice last Thursday coming home, and popped out my knee again; man it was throbbing, but I realized what was wrong, and pushed it back in, and most of the pain went away. So, this weekend, I just did my weights, RTM's, and a little indoor walking.

But, I have good news ... I met my exercise goal this week, and am now surpassing it. Next month, the challenge will be to beat this month's mark. I'm doing a lot better than I thought; but, you're right Mo, I have to be careful not to overdo it ~ I tend to get over-enthusiastic and then end up hurting myself. It's just that deep desire to get this burdensome weight off.

Yes, I must even remind myself ~ slow and steady wins the race!!! Take care and have a great week; and say hi to DH and Eric for me ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #23  
ericsmommy

Hi Rose

Yeah l am enjoying it l am still getting 1:1 classes as the machines take awhile to understand but once l get the right postures and stuff then l can go and come any time l want, right now l still make appts so that the trainer can help me. And you go at your own speed so there is no panic to keep up with the class which l like. I go again tomorrrow morning for my thrid class.

Sorry about your fall I hope your knee feels better today? and that your resting it. I am feeling great and wished l started this years ago, the only problem is my legs are getting bruises all over them and l don't know why, I told DH he must be kicking me in our sleep But l can live with bruises over fat.

What is your exercise goal you should have a ticker for it. And congrads and making it l am very proud of you.

Keep up the good work and take it slow and steady.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #24  
The DragonLady

S/C/G: 268

Height: 5'5"

Wink Wonderful Comments.

Dear Rose,
I have Polymyositis---and now apparently Fibromyalgia and Diabetes. I understand---and it seems like alot of other wonderful people in here understand. Just keep on going! And "Just Want to be Healthy", you have some really good suggestions that I need to check out.

My thanks to all of you! And my apologies---I thought I was posting on another thread, but. . . I think I'm lost.

Peace All,
the DragonLady

Last edited by MrsPeeps; 03-20-2007 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Not Sure Where I Was Originally Posting?
MrsPeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:42 AM   #25  

Thumbs up Good Morning May I Join you Ladies

I found this group last week and I'm glad I did. In 2005 I was Diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma ( MM ) for short when they told me I was devasted but had to come out of it for the sake of my Family and my five year old Granddaughter. MM is uncurable but very very treatable. Right now I am Stage 1 which means I have Smouldering MM which means there are no Symptoms and my Hemotologist sees me every four months and checks my blood work. Ok enough about me.
Hello everyone I can relate to you all about falling. I am terrified about falling because my Cancer is in the Bone Marrow and it may take longer for my Bones to heal. I also cannot exercise because because I get severe Cramps in my legs but I am gonna look into Chair Aerobics and Hand Weights.
I also suffer from Coronary Heart Disease and was on Plavix and of you didnt know me you'd have thought I was beat up thats how bad I bruised. Finally after Hemmoraging from Plavix the Drs took me off it and put me on 81 mg baby aspirin.
On March 9th I joined WW weighing in at 177.8 on my first WI I was down to 176 but Im finding it harder and harder to eat my Points but Im determined to lose this weight. Thank you Ladies for letting me join you.
Kathy
FishTownGirl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #26  
ericsmommy

Welcome Kathy

Sorry to hear about your MM but you have found the best place for encouragement. And you have the best reason to do this your wonderful Grand daughter. I am loving curves and it is doing wonders for me l have lost over 10lbs so far and when l get home from a workout l feel great. Now if spring would get here so l can go bike riding, another thing you should look into is water arobics, it's very easy on the bones and it's quite the work out.

Keep up the good work and l will put you in my prayers
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #27  

Hello everyone.. Sorry i havent been around. I had the flu. I hope everyone is having a good week. I am counting the minutes till friday. It has just been a crappy week. I hope everyone is doing well.

Erin
Daffadil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #28  
ericsmommy

Hi Erin

Sorry to hear about your flu, that is the worst bug to get especially at the start of spring. I am counting the mintues till friday too, cause then DH will be home to help with Eric for 2 days I sure need a break.

Congrads on the 5lbs keep up the good work.

Mo
Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #29  
Rosebud

Cool It's Officially Spring Today ...

Hi Everybody ... We actually had rain here today. I've been resting a bit the last couple of days myself. Between my bum knee and another bout of a really crappy flu that keeps coming back. Was talking to my Dad down south, last night; and even they have the same one and exactly the same symptoms; how weird?

KATHY ... yes, I am also sorry to hear about your diagnosis; but, you have a great attitude. Thankfully, many of these conditions are very treatable today! We are glad you joined us; the more the merrier. When you say, you find it hard to eat your points, do you mean it's too much food? I sometimes had the same problem; cuz with Metformin, you have to make sure you eat enough, or your sugars go too low and that makes you feel sickly. Come back, KATHY, and tell us a little about yourself too!

MO ~ I'm so glad that they are giving you help and individuals at Curves; and then letting you do your own thing; that's fab! That's a good idea about the ticker; I never thought of it ~ I'll see if I can remember how to put one up.

MRS PEEPS ~ it's OK if you peeped in and got lost; I look around in other places too (esp diabetes). I look for new ideas; and to see how others are coping with their conditions. You never know when and where you might find something useful.

ERIN ~ glad to see you pop in again. Sorry about the flu; DH and I have one that just doesn't want to go away and stay away! I've never seen anything like it before. Hope your feelin' better soon, cuz I know you have to go to work; and it's not nice to be sick at the same time. You're in my prayers.

Well, I hope you all have a great week; take care and God Bless ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, not sure if I am posting this in the right spot or not.

Although I don't have any major medical problems I do have a lot of difficulty in doing certain exercises. Walking is an issue for me as I have arthritis in both knees (my right knee is at a 45 degree angle to where it should be and doesn't bend correctly ;( ) and also I have osteochondrosis (a spinal disease). I am in constant pain daily. I also have been having a lot of problems with my left ankle of late.

Apart from swimming which makes life so much easier when you have physical problems is there anything else that people can suggest? I can sit and do stretches but to walk, run etc that is not able to happen. I do however work 3 days a week where I am on my feet and walking behind a counter all day.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thankyou,
Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote