Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:56 AM   #76  

If you want to see a picture of my 'baby to be' click on the link below. She is the apricot one in the middle. The 2 black ones and the really light apricot one (amost white) on either side of her are her 3 brothers.

http://www.localsalesnetwork.com/disp.php?id=263002
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 AM   #77  

Couldn't get the picture=oh you dog lovers.
Talked to Bobby yesterday-he is going to put Frankie to sleep!!! Can't have him biting people. Love that dog but he is wild.
Have an infection but I have a script-did a search on how not to get infections and the biggest thing to avoid is constipation!!! I was getting a temp.
Did go to TJMaxx and got a gorgeous bathing suit for $20 . It doesn't say chlorine resistant but for $20 I can get another one. Down to a 10 -well at least in that one-it's long torsoed. Doesn't ride up/
.Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #78  

What a cute puppy!!! I vote for Peaches, but I like the other names too. I'll admit, I like Little Red too!!! Don't tell your hubby. lol

Mima, I wear a much larger size in a swimsuit, and they are harder to find than regular sizes.

Getting ready to go check out a church here in town. The beginning of my church hopping!! lol Bob is going with me! I am almost in shock. It has been ages since he has gone to church. Hope it's a sign of things to come!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #79  

With the weather that we are having here (snow, ice, freezing rain, general yuck), the church wasn't well attended today. I'm going back next week. I really liked the pastor, a woman. I don't think Bob really liked the idea of a woman, but he'll get over it if he goes again. The people were so welcoming, and that's a plus in my book!!

The pastor came up to us afterwards and said that she knew me from somewhere. She has been on Emmaus Teams in our local Emmaus Community, so I told here that I had seen her at some of our Gatherings, although I had never met her. She mentioned that she knew that I always have a smile on my face. My hubby told her it was more of a goofy grin. Nice guy!

She also pastors another small church in a town a few miles south of here. My regular pastor told me that the 2nd church has a younger congregation, and he thought that I might like it better. We might check it out too.
Bob mentioned that the choir needs my voice. I'm not great, but I'm not terrible either. The choir only had 6 people today because of the weather.

The way the roads are and the predictions for overnight, I think we might not be in school tomorrow. That's ok with me because I don't like to drive on icky roads.

Hope you are all doing great!!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #80  

Default Hey There

Meme- Ariel is nice but I have to say I like your hubbies choise,Little Red. It is different. I hope you have a easier time house breaking. I have a lucky 2-3 days and then a bad day. If I get up at 6-6.30 she has had a clean crate.. I just luck out I guess. I went to a book store and read up on Pugs. It was not too encouraging.. My hubby says she is still a baby and things should get better. He isn't the one walking her!!!She has a thing about nipping and biting. I have to break that. Any suggestions?
Tammy- I sorta like the church I am going to now. My hubby won't go though. He was brought up in the Greek church, he won't go there either.I guess at 81 he can make up their own mind.The choir there needs some voices. The lady sitting next to me this morning suggested I should join it. I don't think so at this time. I don't plan to really join that church. I don't think I have to do that to go there.
Hello Mima- We need cool weather.. It is supposed to get warmer and then maybe rain and cooler. I will believe the rain when I see it.
Hello Happy
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #81  

I am just so sorry ladies but my puppy is not going to be named Little Red. That's just too goofy. But I'll just bet 'cha that's what hubby will be calling her. But then he's kind-of goofy, too! One of my friends suggested Zoey & I liked that but I'm leaning toward Peaches so far. She looks like a little peach. I didn't like the names the kids came up with ... except for Angel.

I'm really tired today - and hurting. It has put in a full day of raining. 2 chances for snow this week, too. Not a good forecast for us rheumies. New pastor is staying with a couple from the church until they can find a house to buy. They had a few people over after lunch at Golden Corral today ... we went. Then I had to be back for choir practice at 5 and stand for an hour before church at 6 ... then we all went to Cracker Barrel and ate after that. Loooooooong Day! Going to read a few minutes and go to bed ... if I don't fall asleep reading first.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 AM   #82  

Hi.

Meme - I love the name Little Red as well. I like the others from the list, but Ariel least of all. She is a cutie that's for sure. I like those cookies, but I like the plain chocolate ones best.

Mima - I hope you are feeling better. Infections take their toll on the body as well.

Tammy - Hope you don't get "iced" in. It is going to be nice and warm here for the next week, they tell us. Up into the high 30's (that's above zero lol). Hope you get a day off school tomorrow.

Joanne - You know it takes time to train babies. All will be well, as long as the puppy isn't a "stupid" type. Then it is hard to have patients with them. I hope you get some rain and cooler weather. It can get cold here, but I really feel so much better in the winter. It is very dry here, so when we have NO humidity, my arthritis is happy In another couple of months, we will start with the spring rains and sleet and then with the pain. Not looking forward to that! Spring is ALWAYS the worst time for pain for me.

Had a busy weekend. Went to a birthday celebrations yesterday. Than entailed a 4 hr. drive, but was nice to visit with our friends. They live in another province, so we don't get to see them so much anymore. Today friends of ours came for a visit and we went out for a late lunch or early supper. Enjoyed that as well. Tonight I am tired. I also paid the price with a sore back today, from all the sitting I did yesterday. Somedays, you just can't win!

I wonder where Chris has gotten to??
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #83  

Good morning-Meme-your Sunday sounds like our Sundays. We went to lunch with another couple-they have been in MO with their daughter after her husband died. The missionary visit is up in the air. they assigned us 3 people-at least there were 3 people in the pic-and so I have to call today.
Boohoo the Patriots!!!the Colts must be happy!
I guess my stomache is getting better. I will do liquids today. I am sick of this-I was in such pain yesterday. Probably shouldn't have had solid foods.
My stomache med makes me crabby, And my brother keeps calling me about selling his fifth wheel-he is always buying and selling anyways. We think he has a hole in his soul. They are coming down next weekend.
Brad does not think it's biblical to have a woman minister. Look for a church that is alive and growing!!! Such a joy to be part of it! We had a speaker on finaces yesterday-a bit wordly but he had some good ideas-how to be debt free.
Living on credit is buying things you don't need, what you can't afford, to please people you don't like. His words. I wrote stuff down to tell my daughter.
Bye for now, Mima
Old 01-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #84  

Candice said to tell everyone that she is still around but she's having computer problems plus she has been busy. I told her I was still around, too, but sometimes I forget where!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 AM   #85  

Goodmorning!
We are hosting a Missionary Pastor from GA. from 2/6 to 2/13.He founded Carribean Lifetime Missions. He needs laptop computers and I had this bright idea to see if some company would sell them at cost. Or donate is even better. I am going to try.
My stomache is better and I only drank liquids yesterday-went to Walmart and bought a lot of stuff. But i feel weak. Angela's doc thinks she has Graves disease but will get more tests.
Hi back to candace, Did you get to stay home yesterday, Tammy. Mima
Old 01-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #86  

Has anyone else had trouble getting on here? I tried last night and a few times this morning, and I finally connected. We ended up having a 2-hour delay yesterday, and that was pretty nice.

Joanne, I'll be checking out different churches in the area before I make a decision on which one that I want to attend. It was so nice having Bob there with me on Sunday.

Meme, I enjoy Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral. haven't been to GC for a while though.

Anne, it's nice that you were able to spend some time with your friends.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #87  

Ok, I'm back to finish my message. Had to leave suddenly earlier. I had sent Chris a PM a while back. I think the holidays really got to her. I sure hope she comes back soon.

Mima, I cracked my hubby up while we were watching the game the other night. I kept looking for Matt Light since he's from near here. When I finally saw him, I said "He's fat!" I know with all of the equipment on, it makes them look bigger. I guess I was just surprised that he looked so much bigger than the person he was standing beside at the moment. His cousin is in one of the 5th grade classes that I work with. She was pretty bummed. My son and all of his friends are Colts fans, of course since he's going to school in Indiana, most of them are from there. He said it will be very interesting for the Super Bowl, because there are many Chicago fans there too. Good luck on your quest for the laptop computers!

I really liked the pastor at this church. Since she services another church a few miles away, I'm hoping one of them is my favorite. There were lots of older people in church on Sunday. I'm 51, and I was the youngest one there that day (unless I'm terrible at judging ages).

Meme, I often wonder where I am too! Tell Candice hello for us.

It's supposed to snow again tonight, but I don't think enough to amount to anything. Another delay maybe? I'm terrible, aren't I?

Tim called this afternoon. We discussed meals for this weekend when he is home. 1) Ham, beans, and cornbread. 2) Beef stroganoff. I think we can handle those. He said he is enjoying all of his classes, although he thinks his geography class is too basic. He enjoys that stuff, so maybe he has just learned more on his own than others have. I told him he doesn't have an excuse to get anything but an A in it then.

Well, I need to go get ready for our monthly Emmaus Gathering. Since we've moved, it only takes me 5-10 min. to get there. I like that.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #88  

Spent over an hour doing an 'online' resume for hubby tonight. I read the fine print agreement and everything looked ok ... said it was free. Got to the finish line and had to pay $24.99 to print it out. I was sooooo mad. I then had to do the whole thing over again. I couldn't find a single really free resume form on the internet. Finally just did my own. I worked on that thing for over 2 hours. He was thanking me and I said, just remember ... I need a little 'house' for my puppy. I'm wanting him to make a 'box' out of paneling that I can put in my bathroom. I want it high enough that she can't jump out of it when she gets older and I want it built at an angle so the back is wider than the front. I'm putting it between two doors and they will be opening back into it but they don't have to open all the way back against the wall. I want the top open but I want a little door in the front that slides down from the top so she can go in and out by herself later on. I also want an extra bottom to drop down in it that I can line with plastic shelf liner ... so I can take it out and wash it. He said, don't want much do you? He finished my shelves in the basement ... they are huge!

It is sooo cold here! Supposed to get colder as the week goes on. Don't want to go outside.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #89  

Mornin! I hope Chris comes back. Hi Chris.
No word back about the computers . I wrote to HP and IBM-Bill gates gives away a lot of money.
Stomache is still sore but I feel better, Afraid of surgery but maybe it would be good-get rid of some pockets.
Going to the Gaither concert tomorrow night-we don't have to travel far.
Your dog's pen sounds like Noah's directions from God, Meme.Or was that someone else.
Cooler weather-I will take it, My b and sil went up to Port Richie. I told them to stop in tarpon Springs.
Angela told me that she and Brett have high cholesterol. They haven't got a chance -both families are huge so they sure didn't learn anything. I should send them a book. I bet my tryglicerides are down from walking, Hope so!!
Art class! yeah, Mima
Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #90  

Meme, isn't that frustrating when you do something online that you think is free and then the price comes up at the end? I know that has happened to me before also. The house for Little Red (mean, aren't I?) sounds neat! Glad that your shelves are finished. Lots of room to store things now. We above 30 degrees today, so that's almost a heatwave after the past week or so.

Mima, I wouldn't want to have surgery either, but if it will help, it will be worth it. Enjoy the Gaither concert! Sounds like Angela and Brett really need to be taking some nutrition lessons or something. How old are they?
Enjoy your class!

I'm home today until 11:30, then I'm heading for school. I was up most of the night, and I decided to stay home this morning. My morning schedule is light compared to the afternoon. Morning = 1 reading group, 1 math group, lunch, recess. Afternoon = 2 reading groups, 3 math groups, study time (I help individuals then.)

After school I'm meeting a woman that I met on the WW boards. She is from Florida, but she is doing training at the AF base near here. We are meeting to officially meet in person, and I'm sure supper is in our plans. Should be fun. I've met several people in person that I've met online.