3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #163 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/100801-fibromyalgia-163-a.html)

Happy Canuk 12-31-2006 08:36 PM

Fibromyalgia #163

Happy New Year!

I hope the coming year will be a good one for everybody.

I have had my gdaughter here with me this week, and she is 8 - need I say more! I wish I had 1/2 the energy of these little people. We did, however, have fun. I love having her come and visit.

I hope you all have a nice evening. We are staying home. I overdid the carbs (not the good ones) last night, and I sure know now that a lot of the pain comes from sugar and starch. I hope I learned my lesson - unless I am a complete dunce, I sure should have:dizzy:

Tammy 12-31-2006 08:45 PM

Anne, Happy New Year to you and your family!! I'm sure you are enjoying the time with your granddaughter. We spent the afternoon with my husband's son, dil, and their 2 sons. We rarely see them, so it was nice. The dil and I have tried over the years to get things together to see them more often, but if my hubby and son aren't willing, there is nothing we can do. Todd's job has changed, so he won't be traveling as much, so hopefully that will help make us closer. I just love being around them. The boys are in 3rd and 5th grade, and they are so cute and funny.

We're at home tonight too. Tim's girlfriend will be here soon. Lots of goodies out to munch on, movies to watch, and games to play. Should be fun. I've already been thinking that I don't want to go back to school on Wed. Aren't I terrible?? Tim goes back to school a week from today. Dreading it. It has been so nice having him home, and our little trip to Michigan was so much fun.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Mima 01-01-2007 06:39 AM

Happy new Year-hope it's good for everyone.
Thank for the thread Anne.
I didn't know you had a stepson, tammy. How close do they live. Young families are soooo busy!!!
Evan is sleeping in his playpen-he didn't go right to sleep but he was quiet. What a good boy-most of the time. First we went to Applebees-but Mike sent his dinner back-The brick chicken looked like it was boiled. he knows how to cook so he knows the difference!!!But my salmon was deliscious. But then they went to celebrate and I told Jill to sleep in -not to hurry to get Evan. As long as he's gone so I can take a nap. I remember when he used to scream when he was here 2 years ago. Waited 14 years for him!!!!
Listen to this-Walmart marked their Christmas stuff down-I got 3 boxes of cards, 3 rolls of wrapping paper, 1 big box of lights and 2 smaller, and a lighted angel for $8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wanted to decorate more next year!!!!
Hope everyone had fun-we may go to the movies today. Mima

Joanne D 01-01-2007 11:25 AM

Hey There

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
It seems that most of us have eat too much! I know I have and now I have to get it off. A couple ponds would be the answer,before thursday.I think when Christies papers get here I am going to name her Christie Clean. She is a vacumn cleaner. If there is anything to be found that I missed she has found it.I am constantly digging things out of her mouth. One good thing. Due to the fact that I took her out later last night she had a clean bed this morning.
The holidays are over and I have put away the Christmas stuff last week. It was easier than chasing the dog down to retrieve things.
We had a little rain last night and may get more today. I don't always believe the weather man though.
We stayed home as usual . Dick Clark was ok. A lot more improved from last year. I didn't think the entertainment was that good.. I guess the new age has chased away all the good people or they died. Showing my age. I can't understand half of their words. Maybe it is a good thing.
Joanne

Tammy 01-01-2007 04:52 PM

Mima, I have a stepson who just turned 37. He and his family live less than an hour from here. I also have a stepdaughter who just turned 32. She lives with her mom and stepdad a little over an hour from here. We're not really close to either one. Strange circumstances in the past before Bob and I ever met and married. We haven't been to Applebees in ages. Everytime we have gone there, something ends up being wrong with one of our meals. You did great with your buys for next Christmas! Way to go!! I'm sure you enjoyed the time with Evan.

Joanne, I'm hoping when I go to weighin at WW on Thursday night, I'll be down a pound at least. Have to get back on the wagon I guess after all of the holiday goodies. So funny about Christie Clean!!! I like it!! All of our Christmas stuff is still up. Need to get started taking things down a little at a time. Sure makes the house look different when it's down. We watched some TV last night, and I wasn't impressed with any of the entertainment. Even Tim and Jess were talking about some of the groups not being very good.

Today has been a very lazy day. I've been hurting pretty bad. Don't know if it's from the goodies last night, the rainy weather, or just a bad fibro day. I've taken 2 long naps though that have helped some. The Michigan game will be starting soon, so there will be hooping and hollering going on. I plan to put some music on and put my new headphones on so I don't have to listen to the guys enjoy the game. lol I have several new books to choose from, so I plan to start a new one later.

Mima 01-01-2007 06:25 PM

Gotta get some Ted dekekr books-I see a movie is coming out-Three!!!
Watched PBS today-saw a great show about digestive problems -even fibro which she said is caused by inflammation . Anyhow-i have inflammation.
HOPE-His for for fiber??? O is for Omega 3-P is probiotics E IS FOR DIGESTIVE enzymes. Now I will be consistent in taking them -Will let you know. I have to be consistent!!!I buy them and then I quit taking them but not this time.
Gotta get hubby off the phone so we can walk.
Tammy-i understand about not seeing stepchildren . Those things happen. But at least you can see stepson-his wife wasn't involved in that so she can be more open.
Bye for now. MimA

Tammy 01-01-2007 07:18 PM

Mima, I didn't know about Three coming out as a movie!! Woo hoo!! I have some friends at school hooked on the books too. I read Heaven's Wager last week, and it was so good! Bob got me that for Christmas. He also got me Thunder of Heaven. Haven't started it yet. The store didn't have the 3rd one, so I'll have to get it some other time. did you get hubby off the phone to go for a walk??

I took a nice hot shower a while ago, and I feel so much better. I guess the naps, medicine, and shower make for a new person!! lol I started taking down some of the Christmas stuff. I bought a couple of plastic storage boxes at the Dollar General last week. My cardboard boxes have all seen much better days. Now I just have to convince someone to take these up to the attic after they are full. I want to go get another box to put all of Tim's ornaments in. He also has a small village that needs a home.

MemeToo 01-01-2007 11:15 PM

I took down all my Christmas stuff today except my village. I also stripped down my beds and washed sheets and all my towels and jeans. Then I cooked marinated chicken breasts and rice for dinner. I'm pooped.

I've read all those Dekker books you mentioned. They're all awesome. Three was the first one I read. But Blink is my all time favorite. I'm reading Showdown now and daughter brought me the sequal to that Christmas day. My eyes have been so bad it's been hard to read for any length of time, though so it's been slow going. I have another app. with the eye dr. tomorrow morning. Dreading it because I know now that they are better he's going to put me back on more glaucoma drops.

I bet that puppy is cute. You're just going to have to get your sister to put it's picture on here so we can see it. I'd like to have seen it dragging all your Christmas goodies around the house! :D

Mima, they say Omega 3 is one of the best things you can take for arthritis and fish like tuna and salmon is one of the best things you can eat. I take a suppliment and try to include some fish or tuna in my diet, too.

Speaking of diet, I'm starting back on the 6 egg whites & oatmeal ... white meat, rice & salad and slimfast thing for a few days. I really need to drop SEVERAL pounds. I usually just eat reasonably sensible and stay the same but somebody came in my room one night while I was sleeping a superglued some fat on my stomach and butt ... & now I have to deal with it! :p

Oh ... for New Year's Eve we went to church at 6 and had an "In House Singing" ... meaning just us church people, no special group. Then we all took food so we stayed and ate. We left there about 8 and went over to another couple's house, about 18 of us, and played games and laughed our heads off for 4 hrs. until midnight. Then we had prayer together and came home. We had so much fun. We played guesstures ... it's like charades if you've never played and some of the things they did was so funny I nearly peed my pants I laughed so hard. (Of course I didn't act silly like that ...)

Mima 01-02-2007 06:22 AM

Darn-lost my post-it's the laptop-if you hit the wrong button, it goes.
Meme-I know you didn't act up!!!!!!!
Evan escaped while I was in the bathroom-he went to the lanai with Brad. He put all his tools back in the box and Brad let him play with some old train stuff. He was so happy. He also helped me put away the decorations. He reminds me so much of his father when he was that age-so smart. And he NEVER stops talking-just like his sister did.But you can bet I was tired.
We might go to the movies today to see Pursuit of Happyness. Bye Mima
Going to see if the Clubhouse libray has any Dekker books.

Tammy 01-02-2007 06:02 PM

Most of the Christmas stuff is down. Boxes are still in the room till we get them to the attic.

Meme, you had a busy day yesterday! Hope you were able to relax a little today. I have Showdown, but I haven't read it yet. Did you get good news at the eye doctor? That has to be so frustrating for you. I totally lost it when I read about someone sneaking in and supergluing fat to your stomach and butt!!!! Hilarious!!! BUT I do believe it happened!! Your New Year's Eve at church sounds nice, and I'm sure that you behaved. NOT!!!!!! Wow, we know you pretty well, don't we?? lol

Mima, Evan sounds like a jewel. Glad you were able to spend time with him and he was able to spend time with you and Brad! I've never heard of that movie, but usually I don't pay attention.

Back to school tomorrow. I can't remember what my Wed. schedule is, so I'll have to check first thing when I get there. My schedule is different everyday.

Mima 01-03-2007 06:09 AM

That was how my schedule used to be-I would show up at the wrong room.
The movie was good-that's the one with Will Smith and his real son playing the part of a man and his son who were homeless and are now millionaires!!1
No Dekker books except Three.
We got our walk in last night and it was a good one!!!
Glad you had fun with Ashley-Anne. That's a great age. Evan kept telling me that his dad needed a screwdriver-I think Evan wanted a screwdriver.
Art class today-church tonight-Dr Tony Evans and sign up for classes.
House getting power washed tomorrow and lunch with a friend on Friday.
Tammy-it's going to feel different a bit at work or maybe it already has. Mima

Happy Canuk 01-03-2007 10:33 AM

Good morning.

Glad everybody seems to be doing ok.Meme, i hope they can give you something for those eyes. They are so painful when they hurt or itch.

Mima - I would like to see that movie. Glad you got your walk in as well. So you think Evan wants a screwdriver? Those little ones are just so cute.

Tammy - well this is the start of a new year for you - a year in which work comes to an end and not so far away at that! I bet you are looking forward to that. Do you have to work right until the end of February?

Joanne - Are you enjoying that puppy? They are so cute, but also a lot of work. I remember how sharp those little teeth are as well. So the turkey didn't become dinner for somebody, and came back to visit you:carrot:

Meme - busy as always. Sounds like your New Years Eve was fun. I KNOW you behaved yourself. No shannannigans on your part, that is for sure:D

Chris - I hope you are doing better now that Christmas is over. Are your stepchildren gone?

I sent all the left over cookies to work with hubby this morning. I am going to take down all the Christmas decorations and get my house back in order. I am also going to clean out the fridge. I really need to get this stuff OUT of the house.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Tammy 01-03-2007 08:23 PM

Mima, I went to a 3rd grade room today at 2:00, but I only do that room on Mon. and Fri. Up until then I was doing fine. I like Will Smith, so maybe I need to check out that movie. That is so cute about Evan and the screwdriver.

Anne, my last day is Feb. 28. I could have had the last day on the 27th, but then that would have messed up our insurance coverage. I decided I could go for 1 more day. Good for you for sending the cookies away!! Anything we have left will be going back to school with Tim on Sunday to share with the guys. I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

I think I was happier at school today just knowing that I have Jan. and Feb. left. One of the 5th grade teachers was almost in tears today. She wants to quit so bad, but she doesn't have enough years in. She's had a hard time the past few years with her health, her husband passed away, and her mother just passed away. She'll be 59 in March, but she didn't start teaching until her kids were in high school. I told her that she needs to make an appointment with STRS and find out exactly when she would be able to retire. It might help to put her mind at ease if she had a date in sight.

Water aerobics tonight was so much fun. We have a couple new people, and they already think the rest of us are a bit crazy.

MemeToo 01-04-2007 03:24 AM

Well now ... I can't imagine why they would think you were crazy!? :p

Hubby's been trying to talk me into applying for disability but I don't want to. In my mind I know I'm disabled ... I even have a handicap license plate ... but I guess I just don't want the label. Silly, huh? I told him they won't give it to me, anyway. I asked my rheumatologist about it and he said, who knows. He said, you do have rheumatoid arthritis and it is a dibilitating disease. You use your hands in your work and they are affected. But, they have their own doctors who will examine you so it will just be up to their diagnoses. Disability is really hard to get here. We have a friend who has had 6 back surgeries and can't do anything ... took him 3 yrs. to get it. I can retire in 3 1/2. Now I have glaucoma, too, and it makes it hard to see. I was teaching tonight and I found I was relying almost as much on memory as on my sight.

Eye Dr. started me on yet a new eye drop yesterday. My eyes have cleared up enough to try another, he said. My pressure had increased from 10 in one eye and 11 in the other to 15 & 16 in 2 weeks. He said while that wasn't high enough to get really upset over it was high enough to confirm glaucoma. He dialated my eyes and shined a light so bright in them I thought he was going to sear my retina. I'm sensitive to light anyway. He had to hold my lids open with his fingers. At one point he had that stupid light almost against my eyeball! Talk about pain! I went in with a headache and came out with a migraine. I was sitting there with my head in my hands and he was talking about different drops. He said, This is a beta-blocker, I hesitate to put you on these, for one thing they cause depression and you already look depressed. I just looked up at him and said, Well ... it's no wonder I look depressed ... I've got a splitting headache! He just said, Oh, yeah, most people who have glaucoma complain of headache. I could have jumped out of that chair and strangled him right there! My app. was at 10:20 but I didn't get home until nearly 3. I stayed in town all that time ... couldn't see to drive home. I finally drove over to Wal Mart (just about a mile) and sat in the van for another 20 min. or so and then went inside (kept on my sunglasses) fiddled around and got a few groceries & stuff. Came out and sat some more. Finally made it home. Daughter and Hubby both fussed and said why didn't I call somebody. Too independent I guess.

That Evan is a doll. Gotta love the little ones! I don't like typing on my laptop. It's a lot like me sometimes ... much too sensitive! :D I've got to clean my fridge out, too. Lot of leftovers in there, still. Project for tomorrow. Thank God there's always tomorrow. I've lost 2 lbs. this week so far. Been really careful and been guzzling the green tea.
Tammy ... the end of Feb. will be here before you can say:
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.;)
Ummm ... you CAN say that can't you??? :dizzy:

Mima 01-04-2007 05:39 AM

My mother was CRIPPLED with rheumo and they wouldn't give her the disability-that was a long time ago. But we all know people on disability that work at something. Life isn;t fair.
That poor co-teacher. I sympathize for her. you are right about telling her to find out.I found out I was working for 5$ a day. Bye!!!!! Sometimes you can buy back time .Like th retirement money I took from my first year,
Hope your eyes feel better, meme. What an ordeal.
We signed up for a course at church last night. We also heard Dr. Tony Evans-wow-and heard his son sing. What a voice even though he was too contemporary for us.
Meme-I can say that and spell that!!! I used to brag to my students about doing that-bad teacher!!!
Let's see-MLK day off and Feb vacation-hmmmm!
Glad you sent those cookies away. Dr. Phil recommens you don't have anything bad in the house.
I am going to split up my digestive enzymes. Something is giving me a littlee stomache ache.
Wow-my painting is coming out good-love to use that little brush!!!!!
Bye before I lose the post. Mima