Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #91  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. Thanks, Tammy for the encouragement to come back. The holidays have been rough but I seem to have survived. There were alot of days I didn't get out of bed....just pulled the covers over my head and laid there.

I am off to see a ortho surgeon this morning. I hurt my arm in June and it has been affecting my bowling. My average has dropped 20 pins since June. I have had 2 shots of cortisone since the beginning of December. Hopefully I will get some relief from it soon.

Hope everyone is doing well
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #92  
A matter of time

Opppps forgot my weight loss journey. I am stuck now. Bouncing back and forth between 255 and 257. Can't seem to break it.

I am also the team leader for the red team in the Biggest Loser challegne here on 3 fat chicks. I really enjoy that.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #93  

Welcome back Chris!!!!!!!!!!!! I go back to my rheumatologist on Feb. 7, and I think she is going to give me injections in my knees again. It has been a year this month since I had the others. I'm bouncing up and down between pounds too. Drives me nuts sometimes. Glad you're back!!!

The woman I was supposed to meet tonight called and had to cancel. She had a family emergency. We had planned to meet the other day, but that's when we got that nasty weather. Hope I get to meet her someday. (all of you too!!)
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #94  
A matter of time

Tammy....My arm is really hurting tonight. Had to break out the big pain pills. Trying to use the mouse with my right hand...but it isn't working well. I sure hope the cure is worth the treatment.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #95  

Chris, was something different done to your arm to make it hurt so bad? It makes me hurt just thinking about it. I certainly hope the pain will ease up for you. I know how much you enjoy bowling, so the arm needs to get better!!

Hello to everyone! Have a great day!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:15 AM   #96  

Wow!! Hi Chris-nothing like internet friends. Glad to hear from you.
I met Joanne and it was so great-and her sister, Eleni. When you come to Fl, we can meet you too. Tammy!!!!11 haha-actually Joanne lives quite far from here but you never know,
Still haven't gotten missionary stuff straightened out but do have his itinerary.
Stomache is better-actually ate at church-chicken and sweet potato.
My back was better til I weeded. Wow-didn't notice it til it was gone!!!
It's much cooler here. My brother and SIL are going back on Sat, They sold their home at a loss. I was looking forward to seeing them. I told him I wasn't going to listen to him whine about the cold.
bye for now-Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #97  
A matter of time

Thank you for the welcome back, Mima.

Tammy, I orginially hurt my arm in June. The power steering went out in my van and we bowled in 36 games in 12 days. I took a week off from bowling and it was better. Since then it would flare up now and again and I would take some time off from bowling. The beginning of December it started hurting a lot more. Went to the doctor on a Saturday and saw the doc on call. He was older and like the idea of giving shot into the joint so I got cortisone shot in the left hip for my right arm. Thought that was odd. Being of Jan the pain was back worse then ever. Saw my doc and he gave me a cortisone shot in the elbow. The pain is in on of the arm where the tendons are and he gave the shot in the back part of the arm. Had to take 10 days off from bowling. Again I thought that was odd. Saw the ortho surgeon yesterday. He said it figures...family docs want the money for joint injections but don't know how to do them properly. He give me yet another injection. This time on the tendon plus he scrapped the bone with the needle to help loosen the tendon up and prompt healing. Now I have to give up bowling for another 10 days and wear a brace on my wrist (the up and down action of the wrist affects the tendon that is hurting. I have to wear the brace 24/7 for the next 10 days. The doc asked if I wore a brace when when bowling. I said I own some but don't use them. He said you do know. I will have to bowl all over again now. Last nght the pain for all that was intense. Had to break open the big pain pills. I was able to sleep but am up real early this morning because of the pain. Am hoping to go back to bed soon.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #98  

Good afternoon ladies.

Mima -how far do you live from Joanne? I am glad you stomach is feeling better.

Chris - nice to have you back! Sorry about the arm. Yet another thing to keep you from doing what you enjoy. It is always something it seems. I hope that the cortisone shot helps you. I can't imagine why a Dr. would inject cortisone into your hip for your arm! That just doesn't make any sense at all. I have had problems with the tendons in my arm in the past, and it is very painful. It finally subsided when I had a hysterectomy. I just had to let it rest for a couple of weeks. Seemed to do the trick, as I was saddled with it for over a year. My son was 2 at the time, so it is almost 30 years ago. Now, I have tennis elbow, and that gets mighty painful as well. Goes right into my thumb joint as well.

Tammy - Did you get to go to school late today? I don't think I have ever seen stuff close down because it is snowing - other than country schools. Never in the city. The schools used to close if it was colder than 30 below zero, but at some point the caretaker found kids outside the school, as their parents had too work, and they just dropped them at school. I guess they weren't aware of the rule. My son was in grade 7 at the time. Anyway, shortly after, they changed the rule and the schools remain open. They just can't have little kids outside in those temps.

Hi Meme and Joanne. Hope you are both doing well.

I am having a day off today, and hubby is away tonight, so NO COOKING I got on the scale this morning, dreading it, and found out I had lost 5 pounds Some of it was christmas weight, but about 3 pounds are new weight loss. I was really excited about that.

Wishing you all a great day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #99  
A matter of time

Anne, I had a hysterectomy in 2000. So no rest to the arm for that. It was hurting pretty bad last night. Earlier today it was ok but not now.

Hubby's day off. We got our eyes examed and new glasses picked out. Mine after insurance pays will be $81.50. DH's are $15. I have to have the featherwiehgt no line bifocals. There was no way I was going with a lined bifocal. Bad enough I have a ton of gray...only at the roots right now but I have decided I am not coloring it any more.

Then we went grocery shopping. $252 spent at Walmart and I still need to go to the bread store and Kroger. Walmart doesn't carry the corn we like and the oat bran I use to make muffins. I guess I will get them tomorrow. You would think we had a house full of kids with the amount we spent. It is just the 2 of us. Eating healthy is expensive. I shouldn't need much in the way of meat for a while.

DH said go sit down. He is making dinner. YAY. I so needed a pain pill and to sit. A nap would be nice too but not at this hour. I hate eating supper this late. I was up at 6 because of pain and ate breakfast so I could take a pain pill. Ate lunch at 11. I am way past hungry now. Hope he is quick with it.

I am off to the recliner now. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #100  

Mima, where are you in Florida? I know last year when we came to Florida, we had planned to go to Tampa after Disney World, and I was hoping to meet Joanne. Our plans changed when we found out that Tim's freshman orientation and early class were the week we planned to go to Tampa. I'm sure we'll be down there sometime. In March we are headed for Jekyll Island, GA for about a week. I am looking forward to the trip. That's where we have discussed going during the winter months in the future.

I'm sure your back did feel better before you weeded!! Silly girl!!

Chris, I hope that the injections in the right place will help you. I remember trying to wear a brace for bowling. It can really mess up your release! Once my ball ended up going in the lane next to ours!! A bit embarrassing. Hope you were able to get some sleep today.

Anne, where I live it is basically country so we have some hilly and curvy roads for the buses to travel over. I know there are schools about 25 south of us who never close or delay, but they are mainly city schools. That's awful about those kids being outside when it is so cold! 5 pounds!!! You go girl!!! Hope you enjoyed your day and evening to yourself.

Chris, your glasses sound like mine. I like the lighter weight ones, and I didn't want the lines either. I have gray also, but I still color my hair. I agree about eating healthy being expensive. Feel better and get a good night's sleep!!

Ok. Who is going to volunteer to have ALL of us over to their house so we can meet sometime???????????
Old 01-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #101  
A matter of time

I am going to have to learn to bowl all over with a brace on. I have several but never liked the way I released the ball. Guess I am going to need some serious practice.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 AM   #102  

Good morning-this is Mima after not too much sleep-got home from the Gaither concert at midnight and we put the heat on-NOISY!!! And then Brad couldn't sleep because his nose was running so I told him we shouldn't have the heat 0n-and it gives me a sore throat.
The concert was awesome!! It ends with such mellow songs, Love that Signature Sound.
tammy-Angela is 25 and Brett is 33. Such health problems at such a young age,
Get out your map of FL and see Ft Myers way down and Tarpon Springs way up-on the Gulf coast. It's over 3 hours to Tampa for me and a ways for Joanne to come down.
We have our senior adult banquet tonight. Brad and I are in the younger part of the group.I think I already said that.
Chris-I spent 2 years getting shots in my shoulder til I went to an orthopedic doc and he did an mri and found out I had a torn rotator cuff that needed surgery. Then after I had it I healed quickly and now it's great.
Glad you have a day off, Anne.or that was yesterday.
My back is still way better but my hip hurts.
Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #103  
A matter of time

Mima, The ortho surgeon, says if the shot of cortisone doesn't work the next step is PT. With a $30 co pay everytime I go to PT, there is no way I can afford that. The next step would be surgery to release the tendon. Told the doc we will have to skip the PT and go to surgery. He said we will talk about it if this fails to do the trick.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #104  

Chris, we should all get together and have a bowling party to help you practice!

Mima, so glad you enjoyed the concert. I'd love to see them sometime. I agree about Angela and Brett being too young to have such health problems.

Glad it's Friday! Tim is home, well he was, and he is already gone. His old HS has a basketball game tonight, so he went to watch my nephew play (or sit the bench). He'll also hang out with the pep band and give advice to the drummers. He's hoping that some of his old classmates will be there to talk to. I'm sure there will be some there that still live at home and commute to their schools.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #105  
A matter of time

Tammy I am going to need all the practice I can get once I am released to bowl again.