Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

I woke feeling rested this morning but my knee is throbbing like a bad tooth. Traveling always gets me.... darn airplane seats. Also, my traveling companion misread the gate and we went to the end of the wrong terminal. We had to hoof it really fast to the end of another terminal. It was a long way. It was kind of an NSV, because I was thinking that a year ago, I probably wouldn't have been able to make it - certainly not in time. Pretty good.

I did manage to do Walkitout for an hour this morning. I kept thinking that the knee would start to ease up with exercise. Not so much. Actually, it would probably hurt either way. I need to work out and get completely on track!

Mad, it sounds like you did well at the conference. Life happens, right? When is the wedding?

Ruth, I hope that all your events are going well. How is the water retention? Any answers from the dr yet?

Trish, I was charmed by the description of your dd birthday celebration. My sons recently were sharing memories from a time when I was raising them in serious poverty. I was so surprised at the good memories that they had from that time. All the times (like your dd birthday) that I felt bad because I couldn't give them much in material goods, they remember fondly because of the things that we did together. You are creating memories.

Georgia, are you doing intermittent fasting? Certainly, I am supportive of any plan that you want to do but I am concerned about the low calories that you are trying to achieve. Your supper sounds wonderful and hard to resist. My ds and dgs eat the same controlled carb meals that I eat - with a little additions. For example, last night we had lean burgers, roasted cauliflower, green salad, and a little polenta. They both had their burger on a bun, with cheese. My ds eats things like pasta, pizza, etc when I am gone because they are hard for me to resist. Luckily, my little ds is a fiend for salad and veggies. We have to urge him to eat protein and other foods. I think he will probably be thin his whole life.... I hope so.

Jane, I absolutely cannot control my fasting numbers without a protein/carb snack. My favorite is a small yogurt. Last night it was 1/2c cottage cheese with 1/4c fiber one. When I am traveling I rely on wonderslim bars - 18carbs. I definitely stay below 20 carbs and I figure the calories into my daily allotment. You are doing great!

Sorry if I missed anyone.... Off to face the day.

Rie
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 310/242/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Georgia, wish I could say it remained. This morning, Aunt Flo's evil twin sister PMS showed up today. So I'm back up in the 240's. *sigh*

I agree with Rie. Low cal diets, imo, only promote binging. I used to do an 800 cal diet. Worked great for a few weeks and then the black hole effect would hit and I couldn't satisfy the cravings.

Granted it takes a lot of trial and error, but have you tried multiple small meals and snacks throughout the day? It doesn't work for everyone, and God knows it took me a long time to figure out what "small" means, but it helps me from starving all day. If being in the kitchen is a trigger, try little snack bags pre-filled with nuts, crackers, fruits, veggies. Do a "run-by fruiting", and grab a bag as you dash through to the next room.

Dunno, just a thought.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #93  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Hello everyone! Things are smooth sailing as far as school goes. Just two more weeks and i'm officially a social worker. I wish things were just as smooth in the diabetes area of my life, but they are not. I have not been checking my AM BS consistently...I think because a part of me is scared of the result. Yesterday it was 204, which is not great but lower than it has been the mornings before. Today I plan to hit up the 5:30 Pilates class but I am also quitting my gym today (because i'm moving)

Johnnysgirl: don't you hate that? I have been on my period too and felt like a house! I got on the scale once only to see I was up a pound or two. This morning I got on and am down to 254.5...I don't know how true that is. I"ll be checking at the gym today. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Rie-Hello there! Nice to meet you!

Fatmad-are you on WW? If so, How do you like it? I've done it once for only about 3 months and it was all online...I didn't go to meetings.

anyhow ladies and gentlemen (i'm not sure if there are any in here), have a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 238/217.2/150

Height: 5'2'

Good Morning Everyone,

Quick one this morning. My beautician called this morning and we decided to give ourselves 15 more minutes thus I had time to check in here today. Scale shows I'm down another lb so hopefully it will stick with me... WI tomorrow and if it does I'l change my ticker. I can tell the swelling has gone down.

I think we have a lot of newbies I haven't been here to welcome so let me say a big to all. Sorry I didn't get back to indies yesterday. I seem so busy this past week which is probably good for me. Have to try to plan some things to do with these kids when school is out. Lots of history where I live so we should be able to find something.

Y'all have a great weekend.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #95  

Good Morning!

Fbs at 78 this morning and my weight is dropping back closer to normal. I didn't work out this morning because I am hurting but my eating has been sparing and clean. I am hoping to do some gardening later today - if everything is not too wet from the rain we had yesterday.

Trish, here's hoping that the pound stays gone! You are doing great. I don't know if you are aware of this, but there are lots of resources for kid activities online.... cheap crafts, science activities, etc. I always use them for activities for my little cousins when they visit.

Moni, congrats on your degree! I am also a social worker. Are you moving for a job or moving because you have finished school?

Johnnysgirl, maybe start a chart of your weight so the little fluctuations are easier to ignore? Don't give up girl - this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Mad, Ruth, Jane, Bonnie and others.... Hello and have a good day!

Rie

Old 05-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #96  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone, just a quick check in. I went to pilates yesterday, it was a good work out but left my tailbone hurting (I don't have much of a booty). I jumped on the scale and yes its true i'm down 3 pounds! Making my way down slowly.

Rie-I am moving back home, all my family/boyfriend/friends are there! What population do you work with?

I have a questions for you all. How soon after I wake up should I check my BS? I got up and about 45 mins later I was able to check my sugar....If i wait to long is that not a good read?

Have a great Sat everyone!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #97  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

So this weekend so far is a big bust for me right now I have had a bad day today and yesterday But I will dust myself off and go back to work in the am..... Today I rearranged y bedroom and I have so much more room that Now I can work out in the Bedroom instead of out side in the garage. The best part is I put the will back in y bedroom so I can now do walk it out again. The bad thing is I am having a bad allergy attack My nose feel like a faucet..

I hope all is doing well will be back in the am and on track....
Old 05-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 310/242/150

Height: 5'5"

Moni congrats on the degree!! Yes, I hate Aunt Flo's evil twin sister PaMSy. She's mean and evil and full of herself. And even though I have no uterus, she still shows up unannounced expecting the run of the house! As for checking FBG I do it as soon as I'm dressed, maybe 30 minutes after setting feet out of bed. I find it can vary up OR down if I wait too long.

Rie I keep a food journal, and write down my morning weigh-in it. I expect fluctuations daily, and even as much as a pound or two during the week, it's just frustrating when it's internal influences that cause the fluctuation and not from eating too much.

But it's off today. Who knows for tomorrow. But it really only counts on Monday's.

Had a great day today. Went out of town to visit a museum. Prepacked snacks, and shared meals with DH to keep carb and cal counts down. Saturday's are our naughty breakfast day though. We go to McD's for bacon egg mcmuffins. I add an extra egg to try to lessen the total carbs. Plus I find it is more filling with 2 eggs.

OH BTW, to all my Canadian friends: Happy May 2-4 weekend!!! Please don't drink and drive.

Last edited by johnnysgirl668; 05-19-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: adding a ps re May 2-4
Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #99  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Reality has struck. I've been bopping along, not being completely mindful, and today the FBGL was 5.6 and weight seems to have settled at 184! Oy! Of course some of the weight could be edema as I've not taken the diuretic the past two days but I'm pretty sure most of it is from evil carbs! I must confess to a lot of cookie munching lately.

Life has been extremely stressful so I am taking today as a ME day - I am even skipping Church in favour of time on the deck with my coffee and dogs in a few minutes. It's going to be hot today at 90F so I'll plan cool meals. I have a huge crop of asparagus so an asparagus and chicken or HB egg salad may be on the menu with something grilled for dinner.

Join me in doing something nice for yourself today.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #100  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Went to bed with incredible cravings plus edema, woke up with cramps and I'm already tired. Yep, PMS for me too!

FBG was 149 this morning, and two hours after breakfast, 140. I'm off to do a little mall walking and grocery shopping on behalf of the boys. I started packing my bags for my vacation this morning. I really want to go NOW!!! Before I kill anyone!

I'm disappointed that this last week I've lost my mojo with keeping fbg down. Weight loss stalled as well. By the time I get to London, I will be past my menstrual cycle and in a much better mood, walking a lot and having fun. Just have a lot of work to get done between now and Saturday. I wanted to be able to leave all my size 24 pants here and pick up some size 22s on the way to the airport. I can always buy pants in London! There must be some sort of thrift store shopping for plus sizes there.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #101  

Hello Friends!

fbs at 75 this morning and my weight continues to drop. I have eaten very sparingly the last few days since returning home. I am hoping for a jump start and to get back to my ticker weight. I did 60 minutes of low impact aerobics this morning.

Yesterday's beautiful sunny morning disolved into rain again. I hope that today I can get my garden in. The additional exercise will be good.

Georgia, you are going to have such a great time! How great that you are on the verge of dropping a size.

Ruth, a "me" day sounds like just the ticket. You and I can be in the "back on track club together". My current goal is to match my ticker by the end of the month. Here's hoping..... We have lots of asparagus on our property but people come and pick it without permission so we rarely get any. So frustrating!

Moni, I have spent my entire career working with delinquent kids and families. Too funny, I didn't want to work with kids when I was in school. Strange how things happen!

Johnnysgirl, yup, all those fluctuations are hard to take. I am glad that you are tracking because it helps to maintain the long term focus. It isn't fun, though, to be totally on plan and step on the scale to a higher number.

Mad, I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Bonnie, how ya doing?

Gotta go.

Rie
Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 238/217.2/150

Height: 5'2'

Today is my WI. My digital scale was crazy this morning all over the place. Some how it got busted. So brought in the scale that was DH mothers when she was living. DH said "You can't judge your weight loss on 2 different scales", but that is the only thing I can do and according to the new (to me new) scale, I weigh 10 lbs less since my re-startm and YES I am gratefully taking it as a 10 lb loss. As far as I'm concerned a loss is a loss. and a great boost that I need.

My FBS is still a little high, but it is slowly coming down each day. I'm using the chromium picolinate and cinnamon plus diet and activity to bring it down. I can't take the Fenofibrate for the cholesterol, but was reminded today by a friend about Red Yeast Rice that lowers cholesterol. I can't remember the name of the problem it causes but Fenofibrate can damage the muscles and just one dose and I have been in pain in my lower back. I mentioned the Red Yeast Rice to DD and she said many docs in Boca Raton, FL had their patients take it to lower their cholesteral. DH and I used to take that. DD going to check her PDR book from nursing school to see if her Daddy can take it. We have to be so careful with what he takes since he is on the coumadin. We both used to take Niacin to lower triglycerides, but then I read that he can't take it with the coumadin. Doc has him on fish oil for that. I take one fish oil each day, but I eat a lot of fish so I probably don't even need it. I just take it as a precaution.

Moni I don't know if there is a right and wrong time to take FBS in the morning. It is fasting so I take mine just before I eat my first meal of the day. Most days I don't eat breakfast so I just make sure it is a fasting taken before I eat anything.

Ruthie I skipped church last Sundays and had a ME day. That is something I don't do much but I have to admitt it was the best Mother's day gift that I could have given myself. This week has been crazy and I think that few hours helped me to get myself turned around so I could cope with everything. I didn't even go to our monthly meeting yesterday. Today all the ladies were talking about how they missed me. Used to I would have made up an excuse, but I just told them that I had things I had to do and I decided to "play hooky". I think sometimes we just have to take a time out to regroup and refresh ourself. Hope you have the really nice day that you need.

I've decided that I've spent my whole life trying to please someone else. I don't want to go overboard and be selfish, but I do need to do what I enjoy doing sometimes. Hopefully that is what will make me a better and kinder person.

Rie I agree that we were making good memories with DD's family. I remember the times with my kids when we had tough times and good times and it seems that the tough times brought us closer and are the most cherished memories of all of us. It has nothing to do with how much or how little you have, it is the quality of time spent togethr.

Sermon this morning was definitely for me. I love how God seems to find a way to guide us if we really look to Him for help. Pastor really helped me to see how I can learn to understand the personalities of those around me so hopefully we can learn to appreciate each other individuality and still love and respect each other.

It's a good day.

Mad, Johnnysgirl, Bonnie and everyone else.

Have a great Sunday!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 05-20-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Unscramble things.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #103  

Quick note to Moni...

I check bs within a few minutes of waking and before I eat or work out. I wondered about the impact of activity on bs levels. On a couple of occasions when I had to go in to the office to get fasting labs drawn, I tested first thing and then tested after the lab. My bs was the usual mid 70's when waking and then mid 80's. I think the slight rise was due to the activity involved in walking to and from the office in the hospital.

The best recommendations are to test soon after waking up. In my own case, I start the coffee and then test while it is brewing. I hope that answers some questions. I am sure that Mad and others can share, also
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #104  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Everyone!! Doing good have been a great day for me I have been right on all day .Had a good mix of veggies and chicken for dinner.

Rie I did 2 hours of walk it out today Man did time fly by. I deleted alot of the slow songs so I kicked butt today. I rearranged my room this weekend so now I have plenty of space. I have so much more I want to get into.

Butttttt My husband aunt has decided that she is going to help her sister at the cleaners so she will be gone 3 days a week in the afternoon. I will be keeping the baby butt gives me a little more room that I can work with. Plus some piece of mind here tooo.

I have been looking for the sample diet the gave me from the nutrition class and I think My aunt has thrown it away so I will have to look and see what I can do.. But I will figure something out here .

I will be back in the am to check in and see whats up...
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #105  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

FBGL up to 5.7 this morning and weight on "hold" at 183. Something has to change fast. I feel like a car that is stuck in neutral! I'm sure the BGL is high because I had a burger with a bun PLUS raw carrots for dinner. Celery would have been a better veggie choice! I know better.
Closed Thread