Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #136  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Trish: Sorry things are going downhill again with the live-ins. Too bad you can't turn off the electricity in their part of the house!. But DH really does have to be the one dealing with his DD, and you are right to tell him to talk to her and not you! You don't need it, and she does.
Rie: I had a big salad, not a bug salad, accuracy with typing is not my strong suit, and I am too impatient a person to do a good check of my posts. LOL, interesting mistake.

Had a treat nite out, went for supper at the creperie where my musical friends jam, and stayed for the music. It was a smaller group tonight, which was nice, since we could hear better and had a little visit with friends too. I enjoyed a glass of wine and split some chocolate mousse with DH, and tomorrow is weigh in day! OH my, hope I am not up.

Ruth, hope the weight keeps going down, and Moni, good to hear from you. I wish my appetite would go down.
I bought a cauliflower today, time for "potato" salad. (Low carb version, you boil the cauliflower, chop it into cubes, and use it in place of potatoes in your potato salad, delicious!)
Finally got a bit of rain, but also hail. HOpe the farmers don't suffer for that.
ttfn
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 AM   #137  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Ladies,
Had my doctors appointment today but my labs weren't in just yet. I told my doctor that I believe my A1C would be high. she said if it is higher than my 8.8 from last time then she would put me on insulin. I checked at work today and my labs came in. My A1C was a 9.4!! My doctor says it will most likely be small dose but I don't know what kind of insulin just yet. My doctor asked me how I felt about it. Aside from the extra financial cost I told her I feel good about it.

Rea-That tip you gave love2b150 is great and i've tried writing my food down before but never really checked my sugars afterwards. I tried eating oatmeal and my sugar skyrocketed (I didn't check) but I felt awful! And thanks for the well wishes!

Fatmad-Thanks! that cauliflower "potato" salad sounds good! I like making Cauliflower "mashed potatoes".

enjoy the rest of your week everyone! I know I will!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Moni I can't eat oatmeal either. However, I did learn that if I make 1/4c dry oats instead of the 1/2c that I can eat it. Also, I can eat steal cut oats without any problem. I am able to get Instant steal cut in the store here.

Mad You had mewith the thought of eating a "bug salad". We would probably eat one if we thought it would help. I gues. s DH realized I was serious about leaving because he has been really different. He helps me with a lot of things around here now. He took me out yesterday and he is even correcting the kids about some things. When I say something to them, he backs me up. I have no idea if he talked to any of them or not, but for now things are a little better. I said something about the utilities the other day and the little girl said it didn't make sense. I told them that I found out that the electric company has a booklet they will give people to teach them how to save on energy and I was going to call and get a copy for them to read. Suddenly they believe me. I'm still going to call and get a copy. It is time they all wake up and smell the roses. ha ha
So glad you had a good time at your treat nite out we all need those some time. Heres hoping the scales are nice to you.

I found my book on Volumetrics and glanced through it yesterday. It explained that we need a certain amount of protein each day when dieting and how people always cut back on the protein when dieting which is not good for us. It explains to eat the protein and then add in my water dense foods and cut back on fat. When doing WW, I had a tendency to cut way back on protein. Funny,when reading how much protein in certain foods, I noticed that you don't have to eat a whole lot to get it in.

This morning, I had a slice of cheese toast made with my double fiber bread and a grapefruit with a cup of coffee. That way I eat a small breakfast and I'm good till lunchtime. Going out again with DH this afternoon as he has PT blood work to check blood thinning.

Rie, Bonnie, Ruthie and everyone else (lots of us now)

Have a good day.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #139  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Having a bad few days here lately? Been very depressed . Thing is I can't really talk about what bothering me to people though I have discussed it with my sister. I hope to pull myself out of this and back on track soon... Sometimes I jest hate my life!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #140  
Madeleine

Bonnie: thats tough when you feel you can't vent to the people around you about what the problems are. But there are some people you can't talk to about some things. Feel free to vent here anytime, and if that doesn't feel right, sometimes a minister or peer counsellor is good. I know that money is tight for you so formal counselling would be too expensive, but sometimes schools (like a school of social work) have student counsellors who practice for free or very cheap.
FBS was up at 5.7 today, kinda disappointing, I think I have to reduce the NSA ice cream. Cooler weather here now, so that will help. DD coming Saturday and wants to earn so $ so she will clean the house while DH and I work on the yard. We have some friends coming for supper Saturday, and I am thinking about what to serve them so I can stay in points. Will be careful today and tomorrow, so I have a few extra points for Saturday. Last night's treats added up to just 34 points, so I didn't get too wild that I will not have to be too restrictive for the next few days. Its potluck day at work though, so will have to be careful there!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #141  

A quick one here today. Busy day ahead of me. I do get to sleep in a little now the kids are out of school, but more responsibility although they aren't a lot of trouble. Oldest DGS gets the baby up and takes care of him until I get in here then I take over. Oldest DGD sleeps all day, youngest DGD is upstairs watching tv etc. They will make their own breakfast and lunch. I'm just here mostly for the baby and me to do our thing. 18 yr old has practice this afternoon for granduation Saturday afternoon.

Bonnie If you need to vent here, please feel free. Lord knows I sure do. Sometimes it just helps to get it off our chest. Doesn't necessarily solve anything, just a good outlet and makes you feel better.

Mad I'm one of those people whose FBS goes higher with the Metformin. Do you think the protection/prevention still out weighs the bad? So far I'm having no leg/muscle cramps, but FBS has jumped up. I realize that stress has a lot to do with it plus I'm eating breakfast (more volumetrics type eating) so that may have something to do with it. Just wondered what your take is on it. I really like the protection ability of Met.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #142  
Madeleine

Hey Trish: I think the protective ability of the metformin is more important than any one number. It works in many ways and overall, the morbidity rate is way lower in people who take it than in those who don't. Morbidity is measured in things like heart and kidney disease and amputations. (as opposed to mortality, measured in death rates) The morbidity is the really big deal with diabetes, as it affect the quality of our lives so much.
if the fbs is a bit higher, so be it. Overall the sugars are quite even. It also takes time and works better as time goes on.
I a glad you figured out the calcium-magnesium helps and for me the b-complex makes all the difference with leg pain.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #143  

Thanks Mad. I feel the same way as you do about the Metformin. I also take a lot of B vitamins as well. I remember my doc saying our body throws off any excess B so I take one B-100 in the morning and a B-50 at night before I go to bed. I appreciate your take on it.

Has anyone else found that Metformin curbs their appetite? It seems to find I'm not as hungry when I'm taking it.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 05-31-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Another Metformin Observation
Old 06-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #144  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Time to switch to June. see you there.
Closed Thread