Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #121  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Just a quick hello, off to work and see all the new babies born this week. It has been a little birth storm along with a snow storm! Hopefully, today's busyness will just be visits and a skills teaching.
I am doing well with ww, but I would like the scale to move a little faster myself. I will be on clinic duties for 11 days starting tomorrow night, so will try to take advantage of the regular schedule to kick start March for weightloss and get under 170.
WIll do personals later.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Mad - I know Mothers really appreciate you as you have so much info to help them. I don't know about you, but I've been eating too much carby processed foods this past week or 2. I didn't go over my points even when I had the binge, but it was just too much carb as too much salt. I just hope I can at least stay the same weight for my WI tomorrow. I'm sre you will probably do better good when you get on your other schedule and will see a drop and maybe even see your goal of being under 170.

Well, after acting like a crazy woman for the past week or so, I think I have my head on straight this today. Plan this week week is to make my food plan in advance each day. Also I'm going back to trying to use only my daily pts; not going to use the Activity pts and try to save the Weekly pts for when eating out or for those days I seem to need a little more. I also plan to eat less carby processed foods. I think making a plan, writing it down in advance and following it will help to me do better.

Hope everyone has a great week end.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #123  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Weight and BGL up a tiny bit this morning but I know why. I made a meatloaf last night and threw in a bunch of BBQ spice. Checked this morning and first ingredient is salt. Sure tasted good though.

Still struggling my way through the remains of this cold but I think I'm winning. Canceling stuff last week sure helped but I'm afraid I can't manage that this week. I plan to get back to the gym tomorrow if I'm not coughing.

We had an " dump of snow on Friday so I got my exercise shoveling yesterday! Now to get back into a scheduled routine.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello

fbs at 86 this morning. I played in a pool tourney all weekend. I ate supper really late last night and I was so hungry.... Not good. Too many calories and fat, even controlling carbs. My cold is worse today, too little rest.... I am going to rest and give my ugly winter feet a pedicure. Mad, after I get back from my trip this week, I will join you in the attempt to get below 170!

Sorry, no energy today. Later!

Rie
Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #125  

Ruthie and Rie - Sorry to hear you are struggling with colds. May have been why I was so way off the pas.t 2 weeks. Still have a lingering cough especially bad at night. Sure hope you get over y'alls really fast.

I'm back OP today. I think I'm rid of most of the tempting junk. Getting back to more lower carbs and see how I feel and how FBS does. Eating more like the old Carbohyrate Addict's way of eating by eating the starchy type veggies and fruit earlier in the day and only once a day and see how I do. I'm trying to cut back on salt too.

Ended up with a 3 lb loss, but that is just part of the weight I gained the last 2 weeks. Sure hope I can get rid of those lbs and head to my first 5% weight loss on WW.

Hey EVERYBODY have a really great Sunday.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #126  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone:
So last night I had a bit of a binge, we were at a friend's party and there was homemade crackers and brie, so used up most of the rest of my weekly points enjoying that. I am hopeless at parties. Told DH I don't want to go to anymore parties that don't involve playing music or playing games or dancing to keep me occupied.
DId get out for a trail walk today, first exercise in days, have been so busy with work. Planning for hot yoga tomorrow evening, when I am off call.

SO today I am eating tons of veggies and fruit, as I find it hard to fill up on my daily points.
I also have to keep a couple of points for snacks watching the Oscars tonite!

Trish: I am glad that the weigh in went ok after the binge. I seem to go right up on the scale and have problems getting it back down. Hope that I will be down again for weigh in on Wednesday evening.
Ruth: glad you know why the scale is up a bit, but meatloaf is yummy!

Have a happy Sunday evening friends.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #127  
Come on Spring!

Where did yesterday go? Did we lose some posts?

FBGL a tad low this morning at 3.3 but that's from only a few carbs with dinner. I had a huge serving of roasted broccoli, cauliflower and peppers. I do love roasted veggies. Weight is still true to my ticker.

My cold is slowly departing and I slept right through the night with no coughing. I did not get to the gym yesterday but did tread the mill a bit in the morning. Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow morning. I have a 9 a.m. meeting in that town so there's an incentive.

I'm still wondering what happened to Monday. Did anyone post?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #128  

Ruthie Glad the cold is going away. I didn't realize until you mentioned the cough that I didn't cough during the night either.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 02-28-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #129  

Took DH to the hemotologist and primary doc yesterday and his blood count is up to 11. Hemotologist has ruled out any blood diseases. He did give us a copy of the results of tests with what he wants the Digestive to check for in the endoscopy he is having the 12th of March. He thinks that Tony had cardiovasular infection and it is beginning to heal. He said that he was very pleased with the results although he is kind of concerned about the liver which he wants the digestive doc to check. Primary wants him to keep doubling his iron until his blood count reaches 12. So we're still working on recovery. Since he will only eat 1 meal a day (then munches the rest of the day), I make sure that one meal is a really good healthy meal as I really think that he got malnutritioned more than anything.

Me? I'm working on getting my carbs lower again. Not Atkins low but eat healthier myself. Getting back on the Metformin. Moved all my vitamins etc that are supposed to keep the leg cramps away to night time when I take the last Met hoping that will keep them away. Making healthier carby choises like fruits, veggies and a few whole grains. I've been going into my weekly points too much and want to get back to using less of those and save them for special times. Guess I'm kind of backing into that.

Got to get busy. Monday's laundry moved to today and the therapist comes today for Jaxxon. DSIL, who is working all week this week, took Jaxx to doc last week and she thinks he is a little autistic (?) and wants him to have speech therapy. His other Grandmother who works with Special needs children told DD that they have schools he can get into and it is free to help him. So they are talking about putting him in a special eds day care which will help me since DH has all these doc appts. We would probably try to put him in as a drop in. He will get to play with other kids which would be good for him to learn social skills.
Y'all have a great day

Last edited by pattygirl63; 02-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #130  

Hello,

fbs at 86 this morning. I am tired and still fighting this lingering cold.

Ruth, I posted yesterday but it isn't here. The site was acting weird.

Trish, specialized day care for the little guy, even a couple days a week would be great for you.

Mad, I hope you enjoyed the yoga.

Gotta run. Busy day.

Rie
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #131  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi Everyone Its been a while have been very busy here. My son is having a hard tie cause they had to take him off enbrel cause it dont work for him anymore and now they are trying to get him on Humaria . Thanks for all the kind words for my sister she had her Hysterectomy on wed and she jest got home sunday they said all is expected to be well..

When I get a little time I will check back in with you guys and write something. Hey I changed my Pic I need to get a better one this is from my phone... will be back soon..
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Hi Everyone Its been a while have been very busy here. My son is having a hard tie cause they had to take him off enbrel cause it dont work for him anymore and now they are trying to get him on Humaria . Thanks for all the kind words for my sister she had her Hysterectomy on wed and she jest got home sunday they said all is expected to be well..

When I get a little time I will check back in with you guys and write something. Hey I changed my Pic I need to get a better one this is from my phone... will be back soon..
So glad your sister is going to be okay. Love the pic and the hair color. You look good. Hope the new medicine works for your son.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #133  
Come on Spring!

Whew! I'm glad some other posts disappeared Monday. Thanks for clearing my confusion, Rie. Suzanne spent a lot of time with the techies and got things working properly again. Sometimes she's sorry she sold the site to Internet Brands.

Patty, that's good news about your wee grandboy. It would be good for him and take some pressure off you. I am sure you are still worried about your DH though.

Bonnie, glad that you sister is home and recovering well. Sorry about your son and hope they get the med problems resolved soon.

Mad, I'd find homemade crackers hard to resist but brie would be impossible, especially baked. I must confess I scarfed down a donut (Timmy's) the other day and found the guilt overwhelming. We do the best we can.

Well, my damned cold has decided to just start over. Today I have sneezing and a runny nose. I'll make some hot and sour soup which may burn it out of me. Weight blipped up two pounds overnight - corned beef! - but BGL is a decent 4.3. 4.0 to 4.9 is normal people range according to my doc.

Last day of February. New March thread starts tomorrow. First one in gets the privilege.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Morning everyone. Wow Feb is almost over! My first full month on WW. Hoping to hit 5% weight loss by the end of the month. Only 2 lbs to go by Sunday. Going in for my Dr. appt. Mar 12 to see how my A1C is. Can't wait. It was 8.5 I believe.Hoping for a 7 at least.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #135  

Good Morning friends!

Happy Hump day! fbs at 85 this morning. It has been up for a couple days, probably a combination of this lingering cold and lack of exercise. My body and joints ache so much I just don't feel like working out. Must get back on track because the scale is not dropping.

Early tomorrow morning I will fly to Grand Forks ND to visit my son, dil and gs. I am excited. Although, I understand that there is a brutal winter storm there right now.

I will try to get back later for personals.

Rie
Closed Thread