Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #31  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

what a great day already. WI for home was a 1.8 loss. WE for WW is wed night. had the best gym workout, i've had in a long time. over an hour there. came home clean house. finishing up the laundry. now to do nothing for the day. dinner is pulled pork from last night. good way to spend a cold rainy (on it's way) day. put on the pedometer this morning. it keeps me aware of how much sitting i am doing. half way to 10,000 already. will have to walk around the house when the rain hits. or i could get on my elliptical.

lindyloo...that will come off before you know it.
bonnie.... have fun walking. i love to walk.
trish...i am really liking the free fruits and veggies. i am teaching myself to grab that when i want to eat for feelings. working well
everyone else....have a great day. need to get going. washer calling
Old 02-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #32  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

So I got a huge surprise this morning I went to good will yesterday and let the girls find them some jeans and shorts and I ended up picking me up a pair of jeans a pair of shorts and 2 pair of Capri's and I tried them on this morning and every one of them fit me I have a pair of 28 jeans and they have been falling off me so I bought 26 cause I tried on a pair of 24 of mine and they didn't fit yet so I got two pair were 26 and two pair were 24 and It felt so good that I can fit into a 24 again. Sure beats paying that high price at the store I only paid 4 bucks for a pair of jeans Especially when I don't plan to wear them long.

Well I will be back again this afternoon I may go walking then I jest Feel it's too cold right now. woke up to the 40's this morning.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #33  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

just a quick hello after an all nighter, this will be test week for new eating plan. Having my usual breakfast now before bed. HOpe everyone else has a good Monday, mine is starting out fine. Tired but all well.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All,

fbs at 86 this morning and my weight is up hideously. I am planning to do really low calories and lots of water for a couple of days. I will just eat lots of salads and lean proteins. I had a great time at the superbowl party but I over indulged.

Bonnie, it is so nice to have you back. Good job on the walking !

Chipper. What a great start to the day. I sure hope that I can get my scale subdued.

Mad, good plan with the knitting. What are you making?

Ruth, I won't slap you but just tell you to stay out of the banana chips. Eat a fresh banana.

Trish, good job on being assertive. I worry about your stress level.

Lindy, nice to have you back. The weight and bs will drop quickly.

I am off to a day of work followed by pool league. It will be a long day.

Rie
Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #35  
Madeleine

Just a short hello before I go back to bed.
After a bit of sleep, I woke and couldn't get back to sleep, so ate a reasonable meal, and went to yoga! Yes, indeed, I got some exercise. This is such a big thing, when I am tired I avoid exercise even if it might be good for me.
Helped my headache and when I got home, ate another decent meal and showered and now to bed. Feeling good about being able to stick to plan even with my crazy work schedule, (or lack of a schedule).
Hey Rie, hope being on strict plan for a couple of days works and you get back to normal.
personals another time. nighty night
Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ruthie - Strange how we can find a food that pulls at us. I agree with Rie ( think it was) that you should switch to the fresh banana. Oh I'm not such a patient woman. I do love my family and want us to get along. I know it wasn't easy for DH and me to talk to them, but Tony's 1st wifes niece was here recently and we learned that her parents had tried to do this with her brother and his wife. She said it didn't work and she thought it was because they never sat down and had the family meeting they kept saying there were going to have. However, it really helped me to hear some of the things DH said. And also it helped clear the air as we all learned what each one was thinking and feeling. We know they can't move they have no where to go and they know we can't carry the load. Not sure what is going to happen but everyone seems to be getting a long better now. They are cleaning up their messes some what, not perfect but better. I can live with it as long as they try and are considerate.

Lindyloo - Sounds like you had a great trip to Bahama. Sorry the weight and FBS is up, but I'm sure you will get it back down.

Chipper - You are doing great and Congratulations on the 1.8 weight loss. I did my laundry this morning too.

Bonnie - Great feeling wearing a size smaller. Congratulations!!

Rie - You do a good job with things. I know you'll get the weight back down very soon.

Mad - I wish I could knit. I used to crotchet but don't any of it any more. I tried knitting a few times but never get my stitching loosened up. I keep the thread so tight that I couldn't get the needle through. So I gave up and have never tried it again. I would love to take a knitting class as you can do so much more than you can with crotchet.

See y'all tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am so far behind that I'll never catch up.

Great to see some of the MIAs back and posting.

About the bananas, they are all gone now since I gave the last package to a friend. The thing is I absolutely hate fresh bananas but those dried banana pennies call me. I figure a package of the dried is equivalent to about six whole bananas so they are no longer going to happen around here, no matter how cheap they are or how much my dogs love them.

Weight was up above 183 but is on its way down again. FBGL is all over the place. Had a "meat" pie from the freezer with salad for dinner last night and my reading was 6.4 this morning. I forgot that the "meat" filling also had carrots, peas and cubed potatoes! I won't do that again.

I HAVE been doing the gym but my knees are really giving me grief. I can only hack ten minutes at a time on the treadmill. My trainer is now putting me on the bike-type machines where I can work the legs without the weight on them. Sure is boring. On the treadmill I can socialize with the other "treaders". I MUST get the legs in shape as I want to go to Scotland in August or September and there will be lots of walking!

I'll try to pop in more often.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #38  
Madeleine

Good morning, didn't test this am, but had a good nights sleep and feel on target now. Stuck to my points yesterday and didn't use any flex points after my weekend of using so many of them. I hope to get to yoga again tonight too.
Have a busy day of baby visits ahead of me, so am packing a good lunch.
Trish, if you are interested in knitting, my daughter learned on youtube!
She is a better knitter than I am in fact. I am just going to knit a simple shawl. nothing fancy, just a really nice yarn to work with and will fell elegant. I knit a little sampler at the party to learn the stitch. I am such a simple knitter I had never done yarn overs, and wanted some feedback on the pattern, so my sister-in-law helped with that. I may use it for my outfit at the wedding in June if the colours work together.

Ruth, I hope the knees will do better with the bike, but there is something about treadmills that seems harder on the knees. Maybe the speeds? When you are walking in Britain you wouldn't be going as fast and hard?
Have a good day chickies
Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #39  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good morning!!

Spent the day yesterday up and down the stairs doing the laundry. That was my exercise for the day.

Thinking about going back to Atkins to lose some more of this weight. I really want to be down by summer.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #40  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Didn't test this morning as the dogs were extremely anxious to get out at 4:30! I think the full moon had something to do with it. However, I feel fine and weight is finally going in the right direction. Yesterday I didn't feel hungry at all but made myself eat on schedule.

Gym this morning, sore knees and all. I took some Tylenol when i got up and am hoping it works before I go there. It'll be treadmill, bike, treadmill, bike for a while. I may also do some work on the total gym thingy as it exercises the legs without putting weight on them. *sigh* Part of me wants to give up and just sit in a rocking chair and watch soaps for the rest of my life!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #41  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Didn't test this morning as the dogs were extremely anxious to get out at 4:30! I think the full moon had something to do with it. However, I feel fine and weight is finally going in the right direction. Yesterday I didn't feel hungry at all but made myself eat on schedule.

Gym this morning, sore knees and all. I took some Tylenol when i got up and am hoping it works before I go there. It'll be treadmill, bike, treadmill, bike for a while. I may also do some work on the total gym thingy as it exercises the legs without putting weight on them. *sigh* Part of me wants to give up and just sit in a rocking chair and watch soaps for the rest of my life!
hmm, and inject insulin all day. Sorry, but that would be our reality. I get tempted that way too some days.
Did well with a difficult schedule the last few days. Had a fruit salad for bedtime snack, sugars good this am, and weight going down, so something is right. Weigh in tonight.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Had my doctor's appt this morning. He didn't say much about the fenophibrate I quit taking except that it could cause the problems that I described to him. I told him I had been of the Metformin since the 2nd of Feb, but I'm not ready to give up on it yet. I'm hoping I just can't take 2000 mg. He said for me to stay off of it for 2 more weeks and then go back to 1000 mg and see if the leg cramps come back. Crazy thing is that my blood sugar has been a little better without it. So we will see. I had lost 7 lbs since my last appt so I was pleased with that. My A1c was 6.1 and it has been 6 for the last 2 visits. So he was pleased with that. I told him I was back on WW and doing it with IE. He knew about that way of eating, but not by that name. So overall it was a good visit. Next appt in May will be a physical. DH goes to see him this afternoon.

Ruthie - I know sometimes I would love to give up, but then I think of the things that would happen if I did. So I keep trucking. I told the doc that I had gotten in a mood for a while where I was angry that I even had this problem. Strange thing is that he seemed to understand saying that we all feel that way sometime.

Mad - So glad things are working good for you.

Bonnie, Lindyloo, Chipper, Rie and others

Y'all have a great day.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #43  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

driving by for me. i have my 3 month check up in the morning. i don't like getting my blood taken. they have to go to the back of my hand. my veins are that bad. so drinking lots of water tonight and in the morning.
went to gym and when i was almost done with my workout. i went to do dead-lifts. i barely got the barbell off the rack and i couldn't lift it to get it back on. so i knew my workout was over i was that wore out. nothing was going to work anymore. came home showered, ran an errand, son came by to hem his work pants. he wanted to go out and do a little shopping. out we went. i am ready for a nap. have WW weight in tonight. what a day.

later
Old 02-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #44  
Madeleine

NO sooner am I true to ticker again, but I have lost another pound and have moved the ticker for the first time in over a month. Hurray.
I am feeling like I am making progress and can look forward to being a better weight for my daughter's wedding in June. In a year I can be at a normal weight. My goal is to be a ww "lifetime" member by Christmas, which means I have hit goal weight. Still haven't chosen my goal weight, may be about 140 or less.
Did yoga and a trail walk yesterday, and was exhausted afterward, so was in bed and asleep by 10. But early rising this am. Kids are all coming for a visit this weekend, though I am on call and working.
WIll be working late again tonight, so no opportunity for exercise except treadmill now, which I will do for a bit.
Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

fbs at 89 this morning. It has been high eighties in the morning for a couple of days. I think this lingering virus. I hope this post makes it - I was here twice yesterday and was unable to post. I did an hour of aerobics yesterday and lifted weights today. I am eating totally on plan. The scale isn't reacting yet but I will remain patient. I am still showing a couple of pounds over my ticker which just doesn't make a lot of sense to me but oh, well.

Mad, so excited for you Things are working and you sound renewed. It is really nice.

Chipper, you are doing great on the workouts. Don't forget to make them put a warm towel on your veins before they draw.

Trish, congrats on the good dr appointment. Are things settling down at home? I hope so..... The stress isn't good for you and dh.

Well, I am off to a busy day.... Later

Rie
Closed Thread