Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. 5.7 this morning - probably from Claire's lasagna at the dinner meeting last night. She also had a glorious "trifle cake" which I avoided although I did have to serve it. Weight is still up bit but I'm pretty sure it's water weight. A weekend of clean eating should help although salty corned beef is on the plan for today. (Must speak to Cook about her menus.)

Rie, tackle that cold with zinc and Vitamin C - the soup sounds like a great idea. I have frozen stock on hand for emergencies like that. I seem to be able to head off colds before they grow roots that way.

Patty, good for you to recognize emotional eating and stop it. I cannot imagine living under the stress you and your DH have. I keep wanting to slap your kids for you. I always detested Brussels and cauliflower but just love them now that I've discovered roasting. Sometimes I plan that part of the menu before the meat - I come from a long line of carnivores.

Mad, I know what you mean about holidays screwing up your timeline but am sure the holiday was worth it. Yes, it's THAT big Sunday this weekend which seems to be all about food. I don't miss those big parties and will enjoy a quiet afternoon with the dogs and some music of my choice.

Bonnie, so glad Life is settling down a bit for you. Be sure to take some "me" time, OK?

Time for Fibre 1, yogurt and some frozen black caps that "Wild Bill" gave me from his freezer. This is a local guy who constantly supplies me with fresh fish and wild mushrooms - sometimes he gives me morels. I pass over the odd pie which he really appreciates.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

fbs up to 5.3 today don't know what that is about, but the weight is slipping off, am now true to ticker again, and feeling good about it. WIll have to find some old log books, measured waist today and I think its an inch less.
ok, i resisted the whole ww thing, but am a convert now. Its different than I thought, and I can stay much lower carb than I thought. I am getting about 60-80 g of carbs a day now, up from 30-40 g, but sugars are fine, with the complex carbs. Very happy with the outcomes.

Ruth: looking for you to join me in the 170s and get that water weight off.
hello to everyone, have a good weekend.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning.

fbs at 81 this morning and my weight is still up a little.. Frustrating and mysterious. I will keep on with the plan.

I don't feel well so I am gonna cruise on outa here. Have a good day, everyone.

Rie
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rie - Hope you are feeling better soon. Take good care of yourself.

Ruthie - Great job passing up the cake especially since you were serving it, I'm not sure I could do that. I know I would be awfully tempted to eat what my Mama used to call a "sliver" of it. We don't watch the super game either, because we don't care for the teams. However, SIL was born and raised in NYC so he is a giants fan so I know he and the kids will be watching it and we will get periodilcal reports on it.

Mad -I couldn't get blood to check the FBS this morning... gave up after 4 sticks and ruined strips. I know it has been coming down but not as much as I would like but the scales are coming down. Of course your numbers are better than mine. I feel like the FBS will catch up eventually. I am totally enjoying the WW plan. I agree it is very doable with any plan. Glad you worked out the carbs for you.

We all had our meeting, but DH did most of the talking for us. I don't know that it changed a lot of things but it is out there and we laid out where we are financially. I did make the statement that we are paying all the bills and I felt like I was doing 98% of the work around here... that I had gone from taking care of 2 people to taking care of 8 and I didn't understand why I was having to do that since no one seemed to want to clean up after themselves. They didn't want the kids to hear about the money stuff and I said they needed to hear it and understand that I'm not being mean. I told them I couldn't be a grandmother because I felt like I was having to parent them most of the time instead. Of course, I know they think I am the mean one and his DD is mad, but at this point I don't really care. I told her that I was fighting for him because I don't want to bury him. I think she tried to cause trouble between DH and me by saying that I had said something to her when her Daddy was in the hospital that she felt I would not have said if he had been home. When she told me about the incident, I informed her that I not only told her Daddy all about the incident but I also told him knew everything I had said to her. I informed her that we both were very private people and that we repect each other privacy that he has some things I never touch and I have things he never touches and that is the way we like it. He backed me on that and agreed with me that they needed to respect our wishes. Oh her hubby said it wasn't the kids responsibility to worry about their bills etc and I said "Oh and it is ours?" Tony discussed what happened to them and why they were here in front of the kids anyway. So that ended that. I don't think the girls knew that they had lost their house and had no where else to go until Tony told it. They say they still can't pay anything and the company that has the mortgage on her house is sueing them. She got upset that her hubby told that to us in from of the children. She says when they get their income tax return they plan to give us what they can of it but we have heard that song and dance before and they never have followed through with those promises before so????? So we have no reason to believe her. But I am very proud of my DH for taking over the conversation and telling them our position. Found out SIL is off work all next week and I am going to try to get in to see the doctor. Not quite sure why he isn't working. I've heard when the company gets complaints about their imployees that they get suspended so don't know if he is being reprimanded for something or what. She had told us a while back that had happened to him before. Oh at one point I was asked by someone (I think it was the oldest boy) what was going to happen in 2 months. All I said was "We'll be broke". I did tell them that when our money gets low that DH gets sick and then he admitted that this situation was making him sick. She even said that he had always been like that. So that is where we are with everything at this time. We've made it clear that we may come down to us having to sell the house and get a smaller one because we can't take any more money out of DH retirement because that is how we pay taxes etc on the house and we have all these doctor bills. Don't know what happens from here. We will see.

I know y'all have been praying for us and I appreciate you let me rant. Y'all have a great weekend.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #20  
Madeleine

RIe, hope you feel better soon.
Trish, wow, that must have been hard, and I am sure you and DH felt stressed leading up to that. Perhaps with the air cleared the kids at least will understand a bit more. Good luck, and stick to plan. This is the longest you have stuck to a plan and its really paying off for you. Keep it up!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
RIe, hope you feel better soon.
Trish, wow, that must have been hard, and I am sure you and DH felt stressed leading up to that. Perhaps with the air cleared the kids at least will understand a bit more. Good luck, and stick to plan. This is the longest you have stuck to a plan and its really paying off for you. Keep it up!
Thanks Mad. This is the first plan that I really feel like I can live with for the rest of my life. I eat what I want when I want it and then eat only as much as I want. Stop when I start to feel satisfied. Similar to the old WW Core, but I do watch the pts. I didn't get all my points in today and I won't because I just don't need it. Couldn't check my FBS this morning because I got up late and never could get enough blood and didn't have time to get my hand warm enough. Hope I can do it in the morning.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

Reality struck this morning when I realized it's a year since I started Victoza and I am getting into a slippage situation: 202 a year ago, down to 175 mid-July and now 183 again! Time to get really serious or my good HA1C will be gone!

FBGL was 5.4 this morning because I nibbled dried bananas when my company left last night. Note to Self: The dishwasher can run on its own without you munching while you wait to unload it!

Today will be a better day and I've already started it with Fibre 1, black caps and plain yogurt.

Somebody slap me, OK!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

Just read back and am so worried about you, Patty. Glad you and your DH had that "meeting" but it sure must have been difficult. You're a much more patient woman than I am.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #24  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good morning I am wide awake this am and dont know what to do the whole house is still asleep ( Except for the Hubby). I am pushing that I will be back on track with working out and eating right tomorrow I told my daughter that she will have to help with the baby in the am cause I plan on getting up at 7 and walking and then I will begin my day. Other wise I have very little time to do much . Their is always something to do or some where to go on top of watching a eleven month old who is walking and getting into everything .
Sorry havn't been around here alot I want to check in as much as I can . I have to get back into my good habits and stay on track I need this for me so I have to do it. Right now with 8 people in the house it keeps me busy. Well I guess I better be going I have much to get done.. Hope everyone is doing good and staying on plan.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #25  
Madeleine

fbs 5.2 again today, yesterday was a high points day (as expected) but I did better at the party, but was really craving carbs last night. This is one of the reasons I was sticking to atkins, my carb cravings come on when I am eating too many. Today, will stick with getting my carbs mainly from fruits and veggies. I am going to take knitting to the superbowl party to keep my hands busy. I have a new pattern and my SIL will be there, she is a fanatic knitter and will help me through any tricky parts. I always find this annual gathering funny. Most of the guys do no watch football regularly, though they follow it a bit. We have followed it a bit more since DD boyfriend was on the high school team and inner city team, so we got to following a bit more with him around. They are no longer together, by DD still likes football, so will see where that leads. She has announced she is switching majors from Kinesiology to straight biology, so the sports aspect will be downgraded.
The best part of today is that baby LIlia and her parents are coming for brunch, so I will get a good visit in with a fav baby, now really a toddling yearling, and that is always great fun.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #26  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

good morning.
got taxes back and went on a food shopping spree. spent most of it at sams and commissary. but, shouldn't need anything for awhile. restocked everything, from getting new spices to meat, paper products. freezer and pantry are over flowing. good feeling, but, sure allot of money. i did get my new running shoes. wore them this morning to the gym. feet got a little numb. it's first time wearing them.
well, off to read my book. "the help". took some books into a new resale book store and got $17 in credit. so was able to get that and "the dome" by stephen king. still have .39 on my credit slip.
have a great sunday
Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #27  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning

Back from a wonderful vacation in the Bahamas, up 5 lbs and with a FBG of 8.8 this morning.

Time to get back on track.

Will be back later to check on what I missed.

Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #28  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I jest got back from a walk around the block I must of walked every block in the neighborhood so I must of did about 3 miles. I feel pretty good. So will see how I am doing later . I may be to sore to walk.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #29  
Madeleine

WOW, Bonnie, CHipper and Lindyloo all checking in again! SO good to hear from everyone, and BOnnie, great that you got out walking. GOod for you.
Back on call tonight after my 2 week holiday, lets see how I do after that.
ALthough I was high on points again today, as expected with the superbowl party, I did keep my hands busy with knitting and didn't sit in front of the food, so didn't go too far over. HOping to go to yoga in the morning if not at a delivery. Nighty night.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #30  

A quick flyby. Sunday was my WI day and I am still where my ticker is. I've lost 3 lbs since I started WW. Will be back later for individuals.
Closed Thread