Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #76  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris View Post
Thanks. People seem to be getting fairly good results with WW for their diabetes. I thot low carb was the only way to go. Guess I was wrong.
I didn't join ww at the beginning, but a week of a ww diet (done up by my neice, who is a member and a doctor) gave me constant high blood glucose levels, and the next week with atkins, I was pretty well controlled. I stuck with atkins for 2 years, but after losing an initial weight, couldn't go lower. I have also been on metformin for a while.
My sugars are stable on ww, but I do a lower carb ww than some, really keeping grains in check. I am enjoying fruit and the broader spectrum of veggies allowed on ww, and that isn't giving me sugar spikes so far.
Overall, losing weight is most important, and transient higher sugars are ok during that time, but guidance from your educator is import.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all! Quick flyby:

fbs at 86 and I had an onplan day yesterday. Busy day with meetings and pool tonight. Weight is bouncing a little but I am not worried.

Have a healthy day!

Rie
Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #78  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good morning. Quick fly by.

Still plugging away @ the spring cleaning.

Nice dinner out with friends last night. Tried to keep it LC, but not good enough because FBS was 8.4 this morning.

Have a great day.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

knorris - Welcome to the group.

Since DH didn't have tests run this morning, I spent the morning at 2 stores looking for fruit and veggies to eat OP. Had a great OP day so far.

Have a good day.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #80  
Madeleine

Went out for a lovely dinner with DH last night, and used up all my weekly points, but still didn't touch the activity points, but was up 1/2 pound on weigh in this evening, no big surprise. back onto plan today, and since I don't usually have a big supper out on a Tuesday, with Valentine's day being an exception, I doubt that will happen again. No apologies, just back to plan, and counting those points.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #81  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie check-in this morning as I have to leave for the airport. BGL OK at 3.3 and weight hanging in. It'll be five days of healthy eating with my friend Linda who is really good cook AND a vegetarian.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #82  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

morning...
feeling much better today. have to go see doctor about the high liver test results today. first i want a retest, than we can go from there. he should have had me do one before today. he just wants his copay. i have been looking already this morning for a new GP. may be switching. he just doesn't play nice with my other doctors on my team. he always says, "who do you want to treat you me or them." darn, i thought you were suppose to be a team. i think i may have found one. have to check with insurance to see if i can have like an interview with them.
i lost 3.2 at WW weigh in last night. i go by my monday morning one.
later
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #83  

chipper - CONGRATULiATIONS!!! on the 3.2 lbs gone and hope the new GP works out for you.

My eating has been crazy this week so got to get back OP. DH has docs appt with primary... a physical today. Also I plan to push for the oxygen test today. DH wants to go out to eat today and go to Lowe's. I hope he isn't pushing too hard. We know that he has to move around to keep from forming clots, but I don't want him to overdo and pass out somewhere either. Will have to see how things go. Take it one step at a time.

Not sure what is going on with DSIL. He didn't work all week last week and only worked one day this week. While I do need to be free to go with DH to these docs appts, I sure hope he hasn't lost his job and not telling us. I know he has been sending out applications to go to work for police depts. Will have to see what happens.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #84  

Hello Friends!

fbs at 87 this morning and I did my weight lifting routine. Still not my favorite exercise but I believe in the benefits so I will continue. I have a birthday lunch out with my closest cousin today at a sushi place so I will do the best I can. My scale is teasing me with "bounces" down into the 160's but I will let it stabilize before I change my ticker.

Ds is doing a grocery run today and I left him a list of all my favorite low cal/carb veggies. I have become so fond of a veggie saute with celery, onions, zucchini and mushrooms. A huge bowl for lunch is so few calories and carbs. Yum!

Chipper, I hope you find a good GP. I swear that my caring endo (who takes care of everything) is the reason for my improved health. I actually look forward to seeing him at my appointments.

Trish, hopefully, you sil is just off for a few days. At least it happened at a good time so you can do your appointments.

Mad, I am so impressed with how well you are doing. There is no way that you actually "gained" a half pound last night and it will go away. Good attitude!

Lindy, I sure wish that I felt like doing spring cleaning! I hope to spend some time on my room this weekend. It is awful with all these clothes that I will never wear again!

Ruth, a vegetarian, healthy guest sounds like a wonderful way to spend the week. Enjoy!

Gotta run.
Rie

Old 02-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #85  
Madeleine

Thanks Rie, I know I didn't suddenly gain this weight, but it is staying up, so will take work to bring it down. DD and SIL are coming tonight, I think so is younger DD, so will plan supper accordingly and not so much to my needs. Will do the fruit and french toast thing tmw am for brunch though. That worked well 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.
I may stay simple tonight and just do meatloaf, as SIL grew up in an ethnic household and LOVES "Canadian" food.
Have a good Friday everyone, looking forward to the weekend.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #86  
Come on Spring!

Yum, meatloaf. I must do one next week when Linda leaves. We had President's Choice Vegetarian Lasagna last night - excellent! - with a spinach salad and the BGL is a nice 4.4 this morning.

I definitely have a cold. Took Cold-FX last night and spent an absolutely sleepless night. I'd forgotten what some cold meds do to me. Linda has advised me that I am to have a nap this afternoon before the excitement of my Book Club. Sounds like a good idea to me. This morning we will go down to the Diner for coffee and then come home to prep veggies for refreshments tonight. (Veggies, dip, cheese and crackers - simple refreshments!)

Sounds like the universe is unfolding as it should for the rest of us.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #87  

Good Morning Chickies,

Decided that I've taken on too much lately and will have to back of on some. They are all good things but not enough time for all of them. I signed up for the new lessons in small groups at church, but I'm already in another small group. The new one is to get people into studying the Bible on a regular basis and since I already do that, I will back out of that one. I have the book and can do it on my own later if I choose to. Speaking in the morning at women's meeting and that takes a lot of my time as well. When DH can go back to the small group meetings, I'll go with him.

Right now I need to focus on getting myself into regular WW eating and get things under control. I have been eating wild and crazy the past few days, but back OP today. I am learning to eat more fiber and have a greater variety of foods. I also want to start taking time to use my Beck book with the WW. I think this will help me get myself back into OP routine. I notice they have a Beck thread not only on 3fc which I used to part of, but WW has one too.

Rie - It is a blessing that DSIL has been off when I need to be with DH at docs appt. He is working today and all next week. I assume with the economy the way it is that business is just slow. He worked on the washer yesterday and found that the pump is rusted out and he is looking for another one to replace it. He says he can fix it when he gets the part and will save quite a bit of money. So that is a blessing too.

Ruthie - I learned that any cold medicine even the Thera-flu causes my FBGL readings to jump really high as well as makes me have foggy thinking the next day. I haven't found anything I can use except Clairitan D. Doc doesn't like me using the D, but it is what works. Raises FBS, but not as high as others and it doesn't make me tired and foggy thinking the next day or while taking it. You have some really healthy eating plans while your friend Linda is there. Have fun.

Mad - Sounds like a busy week end. Are you working too? I remember saying you saying something about it but can't remember.

Youngest DGD wants to have a sleepover tonight. Haven't heard how that is turning out. They out of school today and Monday for President's Day.

Hope everyone has a nice week end.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #88  

Good Morning all!

I hope this Friday morning finds you all well and happy. Fbs at 87 this morning and I did my workout. I also plan to take a walk later this afternoon.

Mad, my weight does the same thing. This morning I am weighing 4 pounds above my ticker and I know that is just a blip - not real weight. Just gotta keep moving. Enjoy the time with the kids.

Trish, it is hard to decide how much we can take on and how much we need to let go. I know that you will find your way. You have a lot on your shoulders.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a great houseguest. That is wonderful. Feel better.

Chipper, great job on the 3#! Yay!

Off to work.....

Rie
Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #89  
Madeleine

Kids enjoyed the meatload and so did I, and I am quite full after a good supper, and didn't do too badly on points. Wasn't supposed to work this weekend, but one of my partners has strep throat, so I am on back-up call in case needed.
very tired and will likely go to bed early. So much for a fun Friday.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #90  
Come on Spring!

Quickie once again. FBGL is 4.2 and weight is up a pound or two. Could be the cold making me hold water. It really has settled in - I'm afraid it's moving down into my chest. I've not had a bad cold for a couple of years and it would choose now to show up! However, I slept well last night and am ready to tackle the day.

Today Linda and I are going to check out Delta's winter festival - if there is any ice left on the rink. Then we may check out a very upscale store over a village or two and have a light lunch. This afternoon we may stretch and pin a small quilt that I finished three years ago - it's been hanging over the upstairs rail since then.

Have a good weekend.
Closed Thread