Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

fbs at 90 this morning. I ate a handfull of chocolate chips in the middle of the night. Wow, I was half awake and I haven't done that in a long time Grrr.

I worked out this morning and I have a tourney all day today. Good health everyone.

Rie
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Smile Hi everyone

Newbie here. Just started WW Jan 29 as a birthday gift to myself. Bound and determined to lose 120 lbs by the time I"m 55 that gives me 2 yrs. I'm also a Type 2 Diabetic on Lyrica which has made it harder then heck to lose weight but WW seems to have done the trick. I guess my eyes are bigger then the portions should have been. Hope to get to know everyone and swap secrets.

Oh plus, how is everyone putting those little scales on the bottom of your profiles those are so cute. If anyone wants me to make an avatar for them let me know I made mine. Computer graphics is my hobby.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #93  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all: Rie: good for you for working out before your tourney, and good luck. Ruth: hope you feel better soon, lots of fluids!
DIva: welcome. YOu can start having a ticker after a month I think, and a few posts, so just keep coming around!
FBS was 5.3 this am, quite high. Am losing that Valentine's day weight nicely, even going about 30 points a day, so am happy with that. Enjoying the visits with the kids, they are all good and we are having fun.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby tonight before I go to bed. Been a busy day... a long one. Eating has been off plan although I don't think I over did it too much. Tomorrow is WI so will see. Getting myself seriously back OP tomorrow. No more fooling around. The past week has just been to wild and crazy.

Diva - Welcome to the group. Look forward to getting to know you.

Everybody have a great week end. I'll be back here Monday.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #95  
Madeleine

Trish: hope the weigh-in goes well. I have been struggling with points a bit this week, but the weight is dropping back to where it was. fbs 5.5 this am, no clue why so high. PLan for yoga and maybe a trail walk too today. To Toronto overnight.
HOpe everyone has a nice Sunday.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #96  

Good morning all.

fbs at 77 this morning, weight is up but my rings are tight. Too much salt yesterday as I munched on popcorn at the tourney. We won the tourney.

Mad, enjoy the trip tonight.

Trish, I hope the weigh in goes well!

Diva, welcome to the group. We have a couple WW folks here and at least one southbeacher. I follow a carb controlled low calorie diet of my own. You get a "ticker" at the bottom of the page after 20 days and 20 posts.

Off to face the day.

Rie
Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #97  

Well, my WI was up a couple of lbs, but I'm sure it is more from all the salty foods and eating out this past week. I've been back on track today and drank loads of water. I'm sure it will come back off by next WI.

Mad - Have a good and safe trip.

Rie - Congratulations on winning the tourney.

Ruthie, Bonnie, Chipper, Lindyloo, Diva and others

BBT
Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #98  

Good Monday Morning Chickies,

Up this morning and on day 2 back OP and the few lbs I gained from last week is almost gone. So it was a temporary gain from a combination of things... too much salt in some foods and probably not drinking enough water and fluids. I have got to continue drinking the fluids and especially water this week. I do believe that is key to this whole thing. WW will work for me if I will work WW. As a lady at church said to me one day, "it is the easiest diet I've ever done". I just need to get more freeby veggies into my eating plan. Probably need to be more organized. FBS is still high but the same for 2 days so maybe that is a good sign because maybe it will start coming back down. I think if I can get the eating right and the stress down maybe it will get better. I started the Metformin again, but I think the FBS was lower without it. But my 3 month A1c is always the same regardless of what my daily FBS reads. So I can't really say whether the Met helps or not.

Kids home today, but they kind of entertain themselves. Oldest DGD sleeps most of the day, youngest one stays upstairs watching tv and playing xbox except when she comes down to get something to eat, oldest DGD spends lots of time reading, walking the dog and still helps me a lot with the younger ones. And baby does his regular thing. And me besides regular thing I normally do, I've got laundry to do, run and empty dishwasher and do some other housework which WW lets me count as exercise. Does get me moving more. Who would have thought that sweeping, mopping, waxing furniture etc could be counted as exercise.

I am easing up some of the pressure/stress on myself. Deciding what I can and cannot do or maybe what I'm willing to and not willing to do. Just too much going on at home and with the added responsibilities with DH health and his DD and her family living here. Even have decided to change some of the rules so I can live with what goes on and lift the pressure off of me. I've decided some of the things in my home are not going to change until they move and that is going to be at least another year at best. My home is going to be a mess when they leave and will have to have a lot of repairs, but I can't change things at this time so I have to find a way that I can live with it. Kind of like the Serenity Prayer says "God help me to change the things I can, accept the things I can't and Help me to know the difference." I have to do what I can to get "Peace" back in my home. So I've decided to give up the Thursday night Bible study group and go to one on Wednesday night at the church office. I just think that I do need a break during the week and this will take care of 2 things for me. I'll be on the same page with my church as we all grow together studying the Bible and I'll still be able to get out during the week. I have found 2 tv programs that teach the same thing I've been studying on Thursday night, so I'll still get that and DH and I watch those 2 programs together which I think is good for the 2 of us. So I think making these changes will be win win decisions for me and those around me and hopefully bring peace into my life and home. Might even help me as I get back OP with my eating too. If stress is keeping my FBS up, that should get better as well.

Guess I better get busy. Clothes in washer are ready to go in the and the last load ready to go into washer.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #99  

Hello Friends!

fbs at 84 today and I did 2 hours of walkitout. It was fun. I am off work for presidents day today but I have some work to do Go figure. Last night I went to the movies and ate way too much popcorn. I tested when I got home and I was pleased that my bs was only 112. Pretty good. Not a reason to go crazy but I can probably afford those occasional treats without too much bs consequences...

Trish, I hope for you that you can find some peace. I was interested in your statement that they will be there for at least a year? I thought your sil is working now? Just wondering....

Mad, I hope you had an easy weekend filled with fun with the kids.

Ruth, do you still have your houseguest?

Chipper, Lindy, Diva and others.... Have a great day!

Rie
Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Hello Friends!
Trish, I hope for you that you can find some peace. I was interested in your statement that they will be there for at least a year? I thought your sil is working now? Just wondering....
Rie
Supposedly they are taking out almost a thousand dollars a month out of his pay check so he can't do anything without DD working. So as far as we can tell they will be living here until she graduates and gets a job and they have the money to move. So it would appear that we are stuck in this situation for another year if not more. We don't know how to put them out with a baby and the children. His mother is supposed to come here to visit next month and I intend to let it be known what is going on. Not that they will help, but at least they will know what is going on.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #101  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

HI everyone!! welcome Diva. I know haven't been on much here this last week but things aren't going so good now. My little sister was jest diagnosed with stage one uterine cancer and she has to have a hysterectomy she is several years younger then me.

Other then that the good eating is out the window I always have to worry about someone or something I never can get some time to myself So I will have to see what I can do Cause boy I do need to so get back on plan I dont want to gain the almost 50 pounds back I have to do something. Never seem like their is enough time around here for me to do much....

Well I guess I better be going have so much to do yet... Hope all is well
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #102  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Quick fly by.

Welcome Diva.

Will be away for a while. My DB is back in the hospital (Actually he has been there for three weeks) but he had to have another operation and has taken a turn for the worse a few days ago. Hopefully it will get better.

Anyway, will try to keep with the LC as much as possible.

Be good everyone while I'm gone.

BBL
Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #103  
Madeleine

fbs was just 5.1 today, so is coming down.
Trish, Just make sure you have a small carby snack before bed and see if that helps. I am eating a small Kashi bar, its a nice treat, (covered w a bit of chocolate) and is only 3 points. I have a cup of tea about 9 pm and the bar. Has brought mine down to 4's 3 times in the last month, when they were scarce as hen's teeth for a long time.
HOpe I am going back there and that it was from that big meal last week that it has been higher this week.

Had a good sleep in Toronto and went to a Bris this morning for a baby I delivered just over a week ago. Interesting cultural experience. I ate a good breakfast before and only tasted the goodies, including a delicious noodle kugel. (Never had it before). Yum. Lovely ceremony.

HOme and back on call. Hoping for some good busyness.
Bonnie, you just get back to healthy eating. DON't worry about exercise too much, but go shopping for good food and get rid of junk and start back on your plan. YOu can do it, and it will help your stress to eat well.
Happy Monday, hope everyone will have a good week. I guess you had a holiday today in the US, it is for us too in Ontario, its our Family Day.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #104  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Spent Family Day in recovery mode after my friend's visit. We had a lovely and relaxing time but I'm back to "normal" today. BGL was weird yesterday: a 2.5 which soared to 12.6 after breakfast but seemed to level off later. Strange. This morning it's the usual 4.4.

Clean food day ahead as I really need to ditch this cold - five days is enough!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #105  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

rushing by...have a sales meeting for avon this morning...
waiting on tests of my liver. my 3 month check up my liver came in high. so he retested and said he was testing me for lupus and some other not so common problems. he looked back to 06 and i have never even been close to a high. so that is why he thinks it's a not so common problem. had blood drawn last thurs. so waiting. i try not to think about it. if it's still high and the other tests are normal he's sending me for an ultrasound so see what's going on. i will let you know when i know. gotta get going.
Closed Thread