Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #181  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Getting colder and colder around here but still no snow and I hope that continues. Pretty overcast right now, but supposed to get sunny later on. That would be a nice treat for the usual Thursday Mall-Crawl.

BGL is not doing too badly at 6.4/115 this morning and weight is holding steady at that 1 pound above ticker number. Hopefully I can beat that off before the end of the month.

Still haven't gotten back to those aprons I still need to get made for Christmas gifts but I did almost finish a sweater that I started voer a year ago and put away -- anything to avoid more aprons.

Other than that, SSDD for me . . . have a great day everybody . . .
Old 11-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #182  
Onward and Downward

HI . . .

Well, the chinese food yesterday did not do great things for either the weight or the BGL this morning. I know it's just www, but I still don't like it and the BGL was 7.4 / 133 this morning.

We actually saw a little 'thick rain' yesterday and it was slightly white. Today, the sun is shining right now and the temperatures are on the rise. Long term for the weekend is calling for rain and a temperature of 20C/68F by Sunday afternoon. Absolutely

Nothing much else going on for today . . . How about you?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #183  
Onward and Downward

One of those two www pounds has disappeared this morning and the BGL is back down to 6.4/115.

Looks like the weather forecast is going to prove to be true -- it's already over 15C/60F and it's raining.

Came across a good article describing the difference between the "Dawn Phenomenon" and the "Somogyi" or "Rebound Effect" -- either (or both) of which may be causing those morning highs, and how to cope with them . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...nero_0106.html

Also . . . here's another one of those interesting little 12 question quizzes. Just to give you a hint, a lot of the questions on this one have more than one answer. . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowQuizPage?quizId=36
Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #184  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm glad things are getting better for you, Meowee. It'll be nice to just get on with life without fretting about BGL a lot.

Neat quiz. I've noted it for a course I'm going to be facilitating next spring at the local clinic.

My FBGL has been running a bit high for me and the weight is still stuck on the cusp of 200. At least it's the "lower" cusp!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #185  
Onward and Downward

Glad you liked the quiz, RUTH.

Well, I seem to be having a day of lower BGL readings -- 4.8 / 86 first thing this morning so I had a fairly big serving of oatmeal with apple and was 6.2 / 112 before lunch which was an omlette with mushrooms, spinach, and cheese. Then started to feel 'weird' about 2 hours later and had dropped to 3.3 / 59 so I had a snack of a pear and a couple of low fat cheese stix. Wonder where I'll be by dinner time.

Temperature is up to 21C / 70F and it's very, very windy but not raining as much as was originally predicted.

Hope everybody is having a great Sunday . . .
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #186  

Hi everyone a very snowy and crazy weekend here..my refrig quit and what a mess to clean up esp the freezer part..had to throw some stuff away..anyways we got a new side by side with ice and water dispenser..its so nice..sl and dh just finished hooking up the water line to it while i made breakfast..also had gr dd over night im on sponge bob and hannah montanna overload..but she cheerfully helped me do some chores so worth it..my sl was 74 this am..hoping u are having a great weekend..im still drooling over my new frig (((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #187  

Cool

Hi, all. Forgot to take by BGL this morning. Have been doing that a lot lately or forgetting to write it down. Had a bad weekend. Friday I had a horrible gastritis attack and was in pain for hours. Saturday I was locked out of the laundryroom in my apt. building and had to take my laundry on the bus 6 blocks up the hill to a laundromat. And it was blazing hot.
Rosey - Congrats on your new reefer. I got a new one two years ago when the freezer compartment turned into an iceberg.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #188  
Onward and Downward

I've been forgetting to take my oral meds in the morning -- luckily the Lantus Insulin seems to be keeping things pretty well level anyway. BGL was 5.8 / 104 this morning.

Wow, what a difference a day or two makes weather-wise -- high temperature Sunday, 70F; yesterday, 41F; today we will be lucky to make it much above freezing and the precipitation that is expected will probably be white and lingering. At least it isn't nearly as windy.

Also seem to be getting overly busy with non-fun stuff for this silly company I used to work for that can't seem to remember I retired about 7 years ago. I know it's my own fault since I can never seem to say NO. Really do not need this extra stuff at this time of year -- I still have Christmas sewing to do.

See you later, gang . . .
Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #189  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning all,,looks like everyone is doing good am glad to see that,,good bs reported,I am still fighting the highs any where between 150-200 even fasting,,,just really sick of it and have gained wt. I am going to the clinic today to get my stuff transfered to here, my doctor has moved to a clinic even more far away than the 3 hours,,i called and asked why didn't i get a letter he was moving,,,they said letters went out a few months ago,,umm must have lost mine,,oh well ticked me off but what are you going to do,,so i will have everything moved here where i live which is not what i have ever wanted but must be a reason for everything i guess. need all my pills refilled and that is coming up soon so best get it going so i can at least get meds,,

Cold and overcast here,,,work on wed,,not sure what is going on for thanksgiving yet,,,

take care all,,,,talk to you soon,,,jeanne
Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #190  

Hi everyone (((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #191  
Onward and Downward

Here's a new quiz . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowQuizPage?quizId=37 . . . testing our carb knowledge.

Hi ROSEY

Hi JEANNE . . . how come you don't want to go to the closer clinic? Hopefully it will be a great blessing.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #192  

Morning everyone i had a nice chatty post and then poof it was gone sometimes i dont like my laptop its very tempermental and does things on its own..anyways things are fine with me hoping you all have agreat day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #193  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all sunny and cold here this morning. bs was 185 just doesn't want to come down much..i did go and sign the tranfer papers for the clinic here so hopefully she will work with me to get this bs under some kind of control. the reason i have been driving 3 plus hours to my other doctor is he special in treatment of diabetes and has been my doctor for over 9 years,,i guess i didn't feel safe here,,but that is gonna have to change,,,i am back on wt watchers as of this a. m. and trying to think positive so much,,,once i get in there to see the doctor here i am going to have her go after what is the huge bumps on my heals they are so painful now..i can't even go up stairs now anymore without a rail...i think this is what is making me sooooooo depressed,,,believe me it is not easy to work like this,,contant pain,,i can't afford to quit either,,,,

Well all thanks for listening,,,your all great,,,hope all have a wonderful day and that we all count our blessing,,,jeanne
Old 11-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #194  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #195  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy! Just took the carb test and got only five right! So much for my so-called expertise. I'd better gen up before I teach that Healthy Living course in the Spring.

FBGL was 7.8/140.4 this morning. I wonder if my snack of SF ice cream at bedtime was the culprit. I'm feeling draggy and cold these days although my iron levels are back where they should be. I'm going to try for more fruits and veggies. I'm only ten pounds lighter than I was last November so I've not lost that much insulation!
Closed Thread