Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:50 AM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Just realized I didn't test my blood this morning but do feel OK. It may be a bit hight as I've been messing around with my food dehydrator and dried bananas are the devil! I don't even like fresh bananas but those fried ones - oh my!

I'm off on a wee holiday tomorrow and am going to have to be very careful of my food choices. Luckily, Meowee will be around to keep reminding me - I think that's luck. At any rate, I'll do the best I can although airport food is not great. I may take along a couple of powdered protein shakes for emergencies. (I still have some Medifast diabetic ones somewhere.)

Have a good day and care for yourself. If you don't look after your body, who will?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, Chickies . . .

Well, my BGL was down to a tolerable 7.4 (133) this morning after hitting 11.1 (200) yesterday first thing. First test strip from a new vial, but very little difference in anything I ate between those two days . . . hmmmm . . .

Weight actually blipped downward by a pound also; but still on the 210 to 213 rollercoaster ride I've been enjoying for the past 6 or 7 weeks.

As RUTHXXX mentioned, we will both be away this weekend . . . will we keep each other on the straight and narrow path, or will we wander off on a tangent together????? Will let you know come Monday, I guess.

Nothing exciting for me today -- laundry; packing; Mahjongg; watching gas prices -- we had a $0.14 (per litre = 1/4 gallon) jump on Friday and although things went down quite a bit in Ontario (and places farther West) overnight last night nothing changed here. I'm putting off filling up for the 1.5 hour trip to the airport on Thursday morning just as long as I can.

Hope you all have a great and fun day planned . . . see you later . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-16-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone!

My internet connection was on the fritz at home, so I'm just dropping in to give a hello from work.

Wishing everyone well today!

Dyan
Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #49  

Hi everyone..another rainy day,im sick of this rainbut its better than snow..sl was 84 this am in spite of the late night fast food i had..my niece and dd kidnapped me and took me to bingo..i had such a good time and won a pull tab for 444$ whohoooo my lucks still there..i had pt this morning and sadly it was my last visit,i knew ins wouldnt pay forever and iv learned enuff to go it alone ..ive come so far but i dream of walking again unaided so its a worth cont the therapy on my own..its nice being on my own for a few days and iv got control of the remote..have a great day rosey
Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #50  

Good morning Rosie, Meowee, Ruth, Rosetta, and everyone!

Weather is cooler here in Texas -- very, very nice.

Have ramped up my walking by an additional 10 minutes a night. BGL is okay, I guess. Still need to get to the doctor.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Dyan
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Beautiful morning around here and the good news is that gas prices did drop by about 9 cents a litre overnight . . . of course, they had gone up by 14 on Friday.

Just a quick little from me I'm afraid -- still have things to get organized before I can pack for tomorrow morning's little trip. Don't know how well equipped we will be in the computer department in North Carolina so I may not be able to check-in until Monday. I will be thinking about you though.

Take care, and have a great weekend if I don't see you again soon.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #52  

Hi everyone..the suns out today the weather man lied..sl was 84 this am..my dd helped me do house work today..talked to dh no moose yet but they are having fun..have fun on your trip meowee..hope u all are having a great day rosey
Old 09-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #53  

Hey everyone..hope your day is going wonderful,its to quiet in here..the rain is back ugh.. rosey
Old 09-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #54  

Morning everyone kinda quiet in here..its not raining yet this am and sl was 71..im working on some thankyou gifts for the home health care and pt ladies that helped me the last 2 months..i have great respect for people that do that and do it so well..they are like family and want them to know i appreciate them..my dd and grdd are coming from wassilla for the weekend,her dh and sons are at moose camp..so my weekend will be fun,how are all of you? hope your weekend is great and as meowee says have a moving and shaking day rosey
Old 09-20-2008, 12:57 AM   #55  

I don't know what's wrong with me that I haven't kept up my daily posts!

But, hello all! Hey Rosey! I can't believe how much RAIN you get! It will certainly be good to see your family from Wasilla.

I hope Meowee is having a wonderful time on her vacation!

I got a call from a nurse today. She said she was calling as a courtesy from my insurance company and would be happy to help me if I had any questions. I asked her a bunch of questions about diabetes. Things I've really been wondering about. I think she's the first person I've really *talked* actively to who could answer some additional questions I had. It was good to learn some new things!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dyan
Old 09-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #56  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there and greetings from Meowee and me. We are trying to stay on the straight and narrow with the odd deviations. There's a shop here called Chocolate Fetish. Need we say more?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #57  

Hi everyones ..hope your weekend was great..the sun is shining today, and the guys will be home from the cabin this afternoon.. i made a cobbler, sloppy joes, and bought potatoe salad as they are always starving when they get home..sl was 69 this am, alittle low for me,maybe i need to adjust my metformin,im going to watch for a few days more befor i try a lesser dose..ttfn rosey
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #58  

Good morning everyone!

Ruth and Meowee -- Sounds like you're having fun!

Rosey -- Glad you had some good weather finally!

My husband's sister is going back to L.A. today. We had fun. This is my first time to be involved in an event where I've been able to keep my BGL and my diet and exercise in check!

Event for this coming weekend is going on a Girl Scout campout with my granddaughter on Friday.

That, plus these two weeks are the end of the federal fiscal year, so work is ramped up to a fever pitch.

Have a great week!

Dyan
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Well I am home and the weekend was absolutely terrific, but I am so very tired. Guess it would be an idea to try more sleeping and less talking when on a little trip like that.

Weight is doing it's normal bouncing around (no suprise . . . Ruth mentioned Chocolate Fetish the other day . . . ) The surprise is that the BGL was not higher while I was there. It's up this morning instead -- delayed reaction, I guess.

You all take care of yourselves and I'll be back later -- definitely feels like nap-time right now.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #60  

Hi everyone..suns been out all day..the guys got back from the cabin and oldest grs got his first moose..boy where they excited and the testostarone was flying high..so dh has gone to wassilla to buthcher said moose..i couldnot go as their house is not handicapped acsessable im finding lots of things i cant do anymore and i just have to look at the bigger picture..since my sl have been low in the morning i cut back on my metformin so far so good..meowee and ruth welcome back from a fun trip,how was the chocolate?? my dd and sil will be here shortly to finnish putting railings around my wheel chair ramp..hope your day was great rosey
Closed Thread