Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone!

Meowee and Ruth -- Welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Rosey -- a moose?!?!? WOW!!

Off to work now. I have a challenge this evening -- I am meeting a girlfriend for dinner at Olive Garden. Yum. Will try to stick to salad and soup.

105 BGL this morning. Haven't had any horrible spikes lately, so I think I'm keeping things relatively under control.

Have a wonderful day!

Dyan
Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #62  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

After doing a lot of extra sleeping yesterday, I think I'm finally feeling human again. The extra 2 pounds must have just been www because they seem to have disappeared again this morning. Unfortunately the BGL was 9.3 / 167 but (sadly) that is almost a normal thing in the morning -- guess I'd better call the doctor and get that A1C organized. "mad:

At least the weather around here is an absolute delight -- sunny, calm, and a predicted high of about 14C/57F. I Autumn so much.

Anyway, off to clean the litter pans, have a shower, and get out to do some grocery shopping. No salad makings in the house and very few other vegetables either.

Have a great day, all -- see you again soon . . .
Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladys
I been reading your ongoing thread and thought I was say hi. I found this website earlier this month and have been poking around the different threads. I am 23 and been a diabetic for 11 years, but due to insurance and other things, I have only been in control for a little over 2 years. My A1C went from 12.5 down to 7.7 (checked last month). I hate telling people I am a diabetic, so it will be so nice to have you ladies to talk to. It's like the 2 things I need, diabetes support and weight loss support, I wish I found this site sooner.

Hope to get to know you better
Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 PM   #64  

Cool

Hi, all. i've been checking in regularly, but don't often have time to post as I no longer keep myself logged in. Every day at work is a challenge and my weight keeps going up. Sigh. We're having hot weather here, which is not my favorite thing. My bgl goes up and down but within a decedent range.
Rosey -You seem to be getting better all the time. Don't overdose on Moose.
Meowee/Ruth: Glad you had a nice trip.
Dyan: Hope you successfully navigate past the pasta.
Amanda - welcome to our thread. We look forward to your posts. Check the stickies - Meowee has posted a lot of useful information.
Jeanne - where are you?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 AM   #65  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thought I'd better check in and let you know I'm still on track. Meowee and I were pretty darn good over the holiday. There were a couple of deviations but nobody went face down in ice cream - or truffles. It's nice to get back home although it was a wonderful weekend.

Today will be a bit of a challenge because I need to go to the periodontist for nine. I had my breakfast at 5 and will take along an apple and some cheese for mid-morning. Sure don't want low BGL while driving the 401!

I stocked up on veggies and salad fixings yesterday so don't need to venture anywhere near the Chinese buffet. I actually plan to lunch at home before I take my wee doggie to pet therapy for one.

Amandarose, nice to see you. What a very petty name you have!

Dyan, Olive Garden! Good luck with avoiding the pasta and the bread.

Rosey, congrats to your son and his first moose. Save me a steak, OK?

Rosetta, I didn't think anyone complained about CA weather. Sorry about the weight. Could it be water retention from the heat?

My wee dog, Disney, keeps putting her paws on my lap so I guess it's time for a bit of a cuddle before we start the day. Happy Hump Day and I hope the hump isn't too steep.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

My SDIT (service dog in training) properly gets to come home soon, I'm pleased, but we're actually in the middle of a move to a new house close by. I miss him every day.

My blood sugars are still ridiculously high, despite finally getting in to see a diabetes consultant after 6 months of waiting last tuesday. She was really awesome, changed my insulin back to lantus from Levemir, and gave me one of those new One Touch ultra easy fangly glucose monitors with the different coloured face plates. I love using this monitor, as it forces me to use the mmol version of testing, so I know now what Meowee means all the time!

I ran into a brick wall today. I phoned my doctor's office to make an appointment to change my prescription back to lantus and the new test strips, but they flat out refused to change it for me. They have said they must wait until they receive some special letter the Consultant is sending them, and I called the consultant and she doesn't send out letters to confirm, they should just allow me the changes...but they wont

anywho...I feel like a right cow sitting here in a baby fleece moomoo, because I couldn't be bothered to do anything after I finished grappling with the doctors!

I am so glad everyone is ok, and I'm happy you two had a nice vacation, ruth/meowee <3

<33 hopefully things will take a turn for the better for me with my diabetes soon!

Last edited by Casandra; 09-24-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #67  
Onward and Downward

I'm feeling yucky -- managed to pick up an 'end-of-summer' cold -- a few too many aircraft and airports, I guess -- sneezing and coughing and my throat is so sore I can barely swallow. BGL was over 10 (180) this morning but has dropped a little since then. Hopefully it will be gone away again quickly.

See you later . . .
Old 09-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I can not believe how different diabetes care is in the UK vs the US. My wait at my diabetes center is never more than a month (they recommend calling your general doctor if you need more urgent care) and they would never send me away without something in writing changing my meds.

Speaking of which, I have my next appointment on Oct 2nd. I don't mind going anymore since my control is better. The first time I met this guy, we didnt really know what to think of each other. He was about 5'2 and 90lbs and he wanted to talk to me about food issues. Are you kidding me? He had read in my chart that I had a major attitude about my control and did my own things. We now see eye to eye, but it took a while. My primary doctor says slow and steady wins the race.

On a completely unrelated note, I ran up the stairs at work today. We are really short handed (I feed off stress when it comes, but I hate stressful situations, weird?) and I was going to fast around the office, I ran up the stairs. I should count to see how many there are. I didnt even get winded. I have not ran up stairs in like 13 years.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #69  

Hello All!

Rosetta and Ruth -- I navigated so far past the pasta that we navigated all the way to a different restaurant in the Asian fusion genre. The Thai yellow curry was magical. I'm sure it was awful for me too, but I just didn't care this one time. I had a glass of red wine, yellow curry, and a cup of the most delicious coffee ever (Illy?).

You know what? It kills me that having a decent, delicious, enjoyable dinner one night will put a pound on me -- I'm sure it's probably the sodium induced water weight gain, but it doesn't seem fair. Anyhoo, I'll stop the whining.

And, you know what the strangest thing of all is? When I was putting on my gym-wear to go exercise tonight, I stood sideways and my profile looks much flatter! I can't imagine why..... especially if I had that one-pound add this morning! But, it was encouraging to see that the change was somewhat visible. I had lunch today with a friend from a previous job and she said she could tell I had lost weight and that it looked like I had gotten taller! (Not a compliment a girl who is 5'10")!

Anyway, I've resolved not to freak out over having my delicious, illegal dinner last night. Just back on track today.

Meowee -- I hope you get to feeling better!

Casandra and Amandarose -- Nice to meet you!

Later on, chickadees!

Dyan
Old 09-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #70  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick little between bouts of snuffling and sneezing and coughing . . . oh and lots of napping going on, too.

See you later.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #71  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Still making the sneezing and snuffling and gurgling sounds (a lot like the coffee-maker noises this morning ) but the sore throat is a bit less raw so that's a good sign. BGL is still way too high, but it is better than yesterday morning.

Have a good Friday, gang . . .
Old 09-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #72  

Good morning everyone!

Today, I head out with the granddaughter to a Girl Scout Campout. So, I won't be around a computer for a few days.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dyan
Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #73  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

4.8 this morning and darn weight up a bit. I had ham last night so....

See y'all later - TGIF!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

soo tired. My puppy is just all over the place with energies and he's alerting me really well! He's been on my lap pretty much all day since I forgot to dial down my fast acting dose because of the immense amount of exercise I've been getting with him. It's great though :x

I can't wait to move into our new house and settle down with him properly.

Take care everyone!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #75  

Hi everyone. .sry i have been mia, we where having our new floor put in and everything was in the living room.. and what a mess but the floor looks awsome..meowee sry that u have been sick,if i lived close i would have made you a pot of soup..hope u all have a great weekend rosey
Closed Thread