Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #166  

Hi everyone..nothing new here..sl was 98 this am..doing house work today ugh..wish i had a magic wand..hoping u all are having a great day (())) rosey
Old 11-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #167  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Oh ROSETTA . . . wish I could tell you it didn't but all insulin (and most of the oral diabetes drugs, too) are kind of a double-edged sword. We need them to control the disease but they make gaining weight sooo easy and losing it sooo difficult.

I've had two days in a row at 6.2 (112) . . . would like to see it a bit lower, but at least it seems to say that eating two meals at restaurants yesterday didn't blow the BGL control; but I really have no idea about the calorie count.

To top it off, today turned into an instant replay in the eating department too -- so another day with no food tracking -- as well as the normal mall-crawl, had to take two cats to the vet. Nothing serious and everybody seems to be fine tonight (well the felines anyway).

I've got a terrible back ache (been around for a couple of weeks now) and tonight I've also got a nasty kink in my neck. Of course, this is not being helped by the article I was reading while waiting at the periodontist's office yesterday. It seems that chronic aches and pains (especially in the lwoer back) for those of us who have 'reached a certain age' may be signs of osteoporosis -- guess I'll have to discuss with my doctor. Hopefully it's just the weather and my regular osteoarthritis kicking up.

However, having said that -- we had a beautiful day today -- very late spring-like with lots of glorious sun; no wind; and a high of 21 (70) -- hard to believe it's November.

See you tomorrow, gang . . .

Last edited by meowee; 11-06-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: too bad I have dribblitis of the fingers tonight
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #168  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . .

Today it has rained and rained -- but it is mild.

BGL hit 6.8 (122) this morning. Not too bad since I didn't realize until this morning that I did not take any medication other than the bedtime insulin from the night before.

My appetite still seems insane. My choices aren't too bad (although today had chocolate in it); just to much.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #169  

Cool

Hi, all. End of a long day. It started out badly when I had to walk down 6 flights because my apt. elevator is out of service. It will end just as badly because they haven't fixed it and I will have to walk up tonight and be stuck inside all weekend. Two days ago we got a memo from the landlord saying we no longer had a resident manager and gave us a phone number to call. At least 3 people called that number but they didn't send a repairman out. I am so depressed. All you who live in your own homes are so lucky. Well, sorry for the rant. I am listening to an online juke box playing the songs of 1959. I will relive my 13th year and maybe cheer up.
Have a good weekend.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #170  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in. No results from my bloodwork as yet but I am sure concerned about not losing weight! I'm afraid I'm just not eating right - no sugars but way to many carbs. Gotta get a grip and then restore my ticker! FBGL has been running a bit higher than usual but I have been forgetting my evening meds! Duh!

Just keepin' on keepin' on!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #171  

Morning everyone..its quiet here dh and dogs still sleeping,i like having a cup of coffee by myself befor the day begins..today im going to try getting my dh to help me clean house it remains to be seen if he will co-operate..my dd is working full time now and cant rely on her help..anyways with the hoildays approaching and me doing things slower now i need a head start..maybe if i bribe him with "beer"" ya think it will work lol..rosetta sry u have to walk up all those stairs ..ruth hope your tests are good numbers..meowee i never noticed an appetite change in myself when i was on insulin ,does it go away after u have been on insulin for awhile? hope so for you..jeanne glad u are back..well must get busy i have a "honey do list" we will see if honey will do..have a great weekend rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-08-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #172  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Another day of damp but mild stuff -- could be a lot worse. BGL was awful at 3:30 this morning (7.8/140) but had calmed down to a decent 6.2/112 by lunch time. Maybe because I got up too early???? Who knows, not me.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

After being gone a week, I'm dropping in to say hello. I'm thrilled to death that my candidate was elected president this week!

I couldn't find strips for my glucose meter, so I got a different meter with different strips that is much more cumbersome to use. I haven't been keeping up real well with my counts. My weight is up 2 pounds also.

Going to try to gear up to get back into the swing of things.

Hello to you all!

Dyan
Old 11-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #174  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Wow it's quiet around here.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #175  

Hi everyone.. nothing new here today..just working on a few xmas projects..hope u all are having a great day rosey
Old 11-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #176  

Morning everyone from snowy alaska..my dh saw a sp yesterday and no sur g..he had been having headaches and the ct showed he had a cyst on his brain..anyways hes fine but has a sinus infection..im so releaved..he took me shopping on sunday..1st time i have been in a store since march..hes a get your stuff and get out type of shopper..he whizzed me thru the store so fast that my hair got messed and my wc tires where smoking he tried tho..i think ill try with my dd instead..sooooooo leaving that picture in your brain for the day have a good one rosey
Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #177  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rosey, you are funny! I can smell rubber burning.

Got my snow tires put on this morning and we had a skiff of snow before noon! Great timing!

Got results of my HA1C bloodwork and am NOT pleased. I was .061 in July and am up to .069 now! The range for diabetes in good control is .06 to .07, Too much summer fun and fall feasting plus an added nearly nine pounds since June has caught up with me.

Time to really crack the whip! I think wine and the occasional Scotch are the culprits rather than food.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #178  
Onward and Downward

Just be thankful for being under 7 and aim for a better number next time, RUTH.

At least he did take you out and it was a thrilling kind of a ride, ROSEY. What with the feel of the wind in your hair and all.

It's getting colder around here but still no white stuff -- guess I'd better make that snow tire appointment though, I keep hoping that not getting the tires changed will keep the snow at bay; but year after year, it seems to arrive anyway.

BGL is still holding steady throughout the day, but it has been getting a bit higher --7.4 (133) seems to be today's number. May have to up the insulin a bit because the eating has been pretty good.

Have a great evening, gang . . .
Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #179  

Hi everyone rosey
Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #180  

Cool

Hi, all. Cool weather. Saw the doctor yesterday. my A1c was 5.9. All the other tests were good except that I'm low on B12 and anemic. Doc wants to do tests but I'm changing insurance again so have to wait until I can be sure they'll be paid for. In the meantime I'm taking supplements. Always something. Foodwise, I'm doing badly and if I don't stop I'll grow out of my clothes.
Rosey - maybe you could enter into a wheelchair shopping race. Most men don't like to shop. Best to go with your dd.
Closed Thread