Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

Hello Everyone!

Biggest focus right now is counting down to the election! Can't wait until my candidate is in office!

Other than that, just planning for my husband's birthday, preparing for a brunch with my parents on Saturday, and working!

Good luck to us all in our numbers games!

Dyan
Old 10-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #152  

Morning everyone..sure is cold out this am..Daisy objected to going outand she did the 3 legged pee and ran back in..goofy dog and always keeps me laughing shes such a character even when shes bad..so what are all your plans for halloween?My dh got candy i dont like on purpose so i wont be tempted as we dont get that many tricks or treaters but want to be prepared..folks around here are using there wood stoves and the smoke from the neighbors has aggravated my allergies,my head feels like a pumpkin today..my dh got chased by a moose last night when he came out of his shop in the dark..scared the dodo out of him and he came in the house at a run and laughing from the excitement..he can be goofy too..on that note Happy Halloween everyone rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-31-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #153  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hello all,,,read a few posts when I came back tho,,see new people,,,welcome,,it is good to be back ,,lots of things going on in my life and just was not good company,,ha,,I am sure you have all been there,,my bs is out of control,,am going next week to doctor,,,to tell you the truth I am sick of it,,the pills contorl pretty good but almost have to starve to death to get good reading,,,I think the next thing for me is the neddle,,,but then there is the wt gain ,,,and I am already fighting that,,,the byetta doesn't help with that at all anymore,,,well everyone it is so good to be back with my friends,A HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL,,,,later,,Jeanne
Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #154  

Cool

Hi, all. Rainy weather here at last. Had good bgl two days in a row (98 and 111) but it's back up. Am having gastrointestinal problems this week. Didn't even eat dinner last night. Can't wait until I get my hour back this weekend. I need it!
Rosie - That's hillarious about the moose. Glad dh got away. I don't do anything for halloween but get off the streets. I live in a big apt. building and there are no kids around.
Jeanne - So good to see you back. Sorry about all the problems you had. I hope you get your meds straitened out so you can get back on track.
:hapha l:
Old 10-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #155  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Halloween . . .

Still having problems with the fluid retention problems from the return to insulin. Yesterday I had a nasty low in the morning of 2.6 (46). Finally got changed over to the Lantus last night and this morning the BGL was 6.7 (121) which is a little higher than I like; but better than the lows. Hopefully things will soon settle down.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #156  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Sun is shining; wind is blowing; it's pretty cold out there actually. You'd almost think it was the beginning of November or something.

BGL is sneaking up a little to 7.0 / 126 this morning. And for the third morning in a row, I can not seem to stop getting up at 3:30 to 4:00 am. Consequently, I end up going back to bed after I have some breakfast and the whole day seems to be topsy-turvy after that.

Weight is up to 213 this morning, but by using the average for the month of 211.2, I've decided I can avoid moving the ticker. Got my fingers crossed that it's soo the truth again.

See you later gang . . . try to keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 AM   #157  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, after over a week of dealing with funeral, company and Halloween stuff, my BGL is all outta whack. Stress does it but so does crappy eating. I cancelled my bloodwork last month and had better reschedule it. Of course, it would help if I remembered my frassing meds! Forgot last night and have an 8.7/156.6 this morning, high for me.

Definitely back on track today although I do have a Church luncheon to endure. I hope to heck they have salad without dressing already mixed in. I'll really be in trouble if Rhea B. made her pecan pie!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #158  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Well, I sort of slept until 4:30 this morning . . . but then had to set the clocks back, so I guess I was up at 3:30 again. At least the BGL was nice at 5.3 (95).

It's very cold and windy today and the stuff that has been dropping from the sky off and on all day has been WHITE -- but it isn't sticking around long and temperatures are supposed to be up to the 13/14 (50s) again by mid week.

Hope everybody is having a good Sunday . . .
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #159  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

The sun is shining and I think I'm in love -- with Lantus -- -- Another nice reading this morning of 5.7 (103) and the best part seems to be that things stay relatively stable throughout the day so long as I don't go overboard with poor eating.

Posted two good articles on the main Diabetes Support Forum this morning -- one about a call for a complete ban on AVANDIA ( http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...betes_20081103 ) because of the heart and liver related problems (ACTOS is not recommended either because it shares many of the same implications) and the other about the massive increase in Type II diagnoses throughout the US ( http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...betes_20081103 ) over the past ten years, and mainly in the southern states.

Have a good day, Chickies . . .
Old 11-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #160  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all cool and overcast here today,,,have a nice fire going ,,don't work until wed so I can get this house cleaned,, Meowee the Lantus your on is it a 24 hour kind ? Ruth i hp things get better for you,,Rosetta hope you get to feeling better also,,and hi Rosey,,,,my bs was 170 this am I am going to doctor soon,,,have a great day all,,,Rosetta thank you for the welcome back,,,,,

Last edited by Jeanne88; 11-03-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #161  

Morning everyone..Jeanne welcome back we sure missed you..nothing new with me..sl was 104 this am..it snowed some last night..ive been wrapping xmas gifts becus i shop early and my closets are full (junk) and the grkids will be here for thanksgiving and everythings piled on my dining rm table so decided to wrap it all..its going to drive them nuts,now arent I the mean grama hope u all have a wonderful day rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-04-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #162  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG! Christmas!!! I am just recovering from Halloween.

I braved Nurse Dracula this morning and she managed to hit a vein first time. (There have been times with a dozen sticks and three different nurses with no results. That means a drive to town to give a blood sample.) Now I wait for teh results but suspect my HBwhatever will be over 7.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #163  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

JEANNE . . . Lantus is the brand name for Insulin Glargine which is indeed the only 24 hour kind that has been developed . . . the best part (at least for me) is that it really doesn't have a peak so not nearly as apt to cause nasty lows as the other kinds (like the Intermediate acting Insulin NPH that I was taking before).

RUTH . . . good luck with the HbgA1C (Glycosylated Hemoglobin Test, if you prefer ) Actually, you might be pleasantly surprised -- a 7% AIC represents an average of 8.3 /150 over the entire intervening period. Usually takes quite a bunch of high days to hit that average.

ROSEY . . . Wow you are doing so well both with the Christmas preparation and the weight loss.

Speaking of BGL -- mine was 4.7 (85) this morning. Still not exactly in good control of my eating, but hopefully that will come. At least I managed a second morning of sleeping until 5 am.

Have a good Tuesday, gang . . . see you all later . . .
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #164  
Onward and Downward

Hi there gang . . .

BGL was a little higher at 6.2 (112) this morning, but still good. Probably just as well since I won't be getting lunch until after 1:00 this afternoon. This is the day for the very long trip to the Periodontist. Wish we had one locally so that it didn't always have to turn into an almost full day's outing. At least the weather is good -- although it's overcast right now, we are supposed to get a sunny afternoon with a high temperature of 15C/60F.

Have a great day . . .
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #165  

Cool

Hi, all. We had a rainy few days but it's clear and cool today. I'm in a good mood today. Feeling hopeful about the world for the first time in 8 years. My bgl has been good lately. Went to the blood lab yesterday for the A1c and other tests. Will get the results next week. Been very bad eating wise. Keep trying but fall off the wagon easily.
Rosey - good for you getting Christmas gifts wrapped early. I only have a few gifts to get but the people are hard to buy for so I'd better start thinking about it now.
Meowee - does the insulin you take make you put on weight?
Closed Thread