Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #76  
Pudgy Mommy

S/C/G: 234/209/140lbs.

Height: 5ft.2inches

Meowee:

Thanks for teaching me the name, "lancet" ... I'll try to remember that! The lady at the pharmacy asked me why I wanted a new one and I showed her my bruised fingers and she saids something like, "Jeepers! No wonder?!" I know we can test on other places on the body, but I don't like the idea of being stuck anywhere but my fingers. I'm kinda a baby about that. Anywhoo, it's much better now. The new one doesn't hurt at all and I can control the depth of the stick. Nifty!

I love these recipe ideas! I have never put cinammon or vanilla in my oatmeal before. I will have to try that tomorrow. Splenda is really great but if I put too much on it has a weird tangy flavor that makes me crazy. So, I'm a little careful with it. I try to avoid the Nutra Sweet because my mom told me the stuff they make it out of isn't healthy, but sometimes I drink coffee with Nutra Sweet anyway...Splenda isn't so good in coffee. ack. It's funny about the chocolate cravings. Before I was diagnosed with diabetes I ate chocolate several times a week and I never imagined a life without tasting chocolate. But, now after so many months of not having it... I don't think about it at all. I don't really miss it. We have some great yoghurt here that is very low in sugar and has blueberries in it .. my doctor said blueberries were good for diabetics, so I have a small cup of that every once in awhile when I get a sweet tooth.

Anyway, hope you are having a great day!

-Miette
Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #77  

Cool

Hi, all. Well, at the weigh-in last night I was down another 3 lbs, but it's not enough to let me stay in the program. I told the group leader last night that I just couldn't make it through the weekends on the fast. I'm meeting with him next week to assess the situation. Will have to work out some sort of compromise since I still do want to lose weight.
Saw my doc this a.m. My A1c is 5.7! Good for me. I seem to be in relatively good shape for an overweight diabetic for the time being, except for my bad knees and my sleep problems. The last few days I've had some kind of intestinal crud which has taken away my appetite. Tried to cheat last night and just couldn't finish the stuff. :?
Miette - welcome to the thread. About your lancet pen - mine are adjustable so I can control the strength of the jab.
Monet - I think you should defninitely join the gym. The fees are reasonable and water aerobics are excellent for taking off weight without putting too much stress on your body.
to the rest of you.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:38 AM   #78  
Pudgy Mommy

Thank you for welcoming me, Rosettastone. I'm glad to hear you're in good shape and everything. What kind of program are you on? It's good you have one of those adjustable lancets. I don't mind a little "stick" now and then but when it leaves bruises...that's a little too far gone for me. :O

Take good care,
-Miette
Old 04-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh my . . . another not very good day shaping up . . . the wind is still roaring and the sky is still very overcast although it is not, at the moment, raining. I'm nursing a weather induced migraine and a companion high BGL of 8.4 (151) plus a WWW gain of 2.5 pounds. Oh well, this too will pass, just like the remains of this Nor-Easter.

Hope everybody else is having a better day . . . both weather-wise and personally. Keep things moving and shaking as best you can, gang . . . see you later. . .
Old 04-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #80  
stbakd

hi meowee my bs was 7.8.
miette can you adjust your pressure on the lances?
glen
Old 04-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #81  
Pudgy Mommy

Hey everyone...

Lovely day here. Nice blue skies, puffy white clouds. A little chilly. I'm sticking to my plan today but still too many carbs. I tried to balance it out with some greens for dinner but I'm craving the carbs now. I think I'll set out to find a carrot to munch on or something.

Meowee: So sorry to hear you're in pain plus having such bad weather. I hope it passes soon and your feeling better.

Glen: yes, I can adjust how deep the needle punctures my skin. It's very good because I don't need much of a stick!

Take care everyone,
-Miette
Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #82  

Hi everyone..cloudy and cold here today..looks like rain actually..im still struggling..i cheated and had ice cream last night(i was so hungry i could have ate my chair.. the dh was having ice cream and i just couldnt resist )..you would have thought my sl would have gone up but it went down..go figure..still to high tho at 118 but thats the lowest i have had fasting this week..rosetta sry your fast was not working..maybe its just to strict for you but a 3 # loss is great anyways ..meowee sry that you are having another bad day tomorrow will deff be better ..hi miette..sounds like you are on the right track..small changes work best for me..and your fingers will toughen up so you wont have bruises(i had them at first to)..its one of those lazy days for me..not even dressed yet.. a house coat sorta day with a goodbook and a cup of herb tea..hello mr ken and all who are absent(((((hugs)))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-18-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #83  

Hey everyone! I am catering a wedding on Saturday, so this week is absolutely insane!

I did one significant thing today. I joined a gym! My daughter just started working there in the sales department, so I was her first sale. I am looking forward to getting started. I have so much to do, I may not make it until Monday, but I am looking forward to it.

Catch you all later!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #84  
creations

I've gained 2 lbs in two weeks,all from snacking.

Granddaughter is doing good. Recovered from the virus. They think she has outgrowen her dairy allergy. She has to have another test May 8. But she's now allergic to nuts,which she probably won't outgrow.

Have a three day craft show this weekend at the mall. Have to set up tonight.

Judy S
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #85  

Morning everyone..i have a free day today to do as i please.. my dh has gone to drive his mom to anchorage to pick up his sister who is visiting..i like a day like this now and then where i only have to take care of me..im going shopping and out to lunch ..its cloudy and windy here today and my sl was down to 112 this am so maybe its stress or i do need that snack late befor bed or my body's adjusting to being on ww again or all of the mentioned or none of it go figure it is what it is..creations am happy your grdd is better..food allergies are the pits.. my grdd is allergic to eggs and theres eggs in everything it seems..good luck at the craft show..meowee sure hope you are feeling better..monet hope you have a quiet moment in the next few days..hello to all the other chickies and rooster..i printed pictures till late last night.. got some really cute ones of both my dogs tugging on the same toy..they play together now and its like a mini rice rocket and a pony romping in myliving room..fun to watch..have agreat day everyone rosey
Old 04-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #86  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Stuff is much the same around here again today -- both the weather and my mood -- although I do think the sky is starting to brighten a little. We are supposed to be getting sunny and much warmer (almost 10/50) tomorrow. Boy I really hope so -- that should write 'finis' to the remains of the headache and get me back on track. Stomach is a little upset today, too, although the BGL was heading back down toward normal this morning.

Anyway, everybody, keep things moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction (or in my case, BACK heading in the great downward direction with a little less water-retention) . . see you all soon . . .
Old 04-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #87  
Krissybell

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5'5 1/2" tall

Default Hello All

Hello all

I signed up last month and then...got busy and forgot to post anything. Sorry.

I jsut took my bs and it's 60. Not good. I need to eat something I think.

I'm a newbie in this dieting forum. I'm trying to lose weight to fit into something decent in June. What's in June? My parents 50th wedding anniversary. I would like to buy a new dress/skirt or get into a nice pair of slacks.

I'm also new at trying to lose weight (Again!)

So...anyone want to check my blog out will be given more info about me and any and all comments are welcome.

Will write more later.

Ta for now

how do I put a little scale to show my weight loss or gain on here? I would really like to do that. Although we don't have a scale at home. Darn things don't go up as high as I weight. Thank you!

Last edited by krissybell; 04-19-2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: wanted to add a question.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:02 PM   #88  

KRISSY: In the user control panel there is a place to add a ticker to your signature. It walks you through the steps to create it, then how to put it on your signature, which will always show up at the bottom of your posts.

Personally, I use Sugarbusters for diabetes management and to lose weight. It works pretty well. You might want to read a few reviews, or even a few diet books and try to find a plan that fits YOU and your lifestyle.

As for losing by June... you can do it! The most important thing to add to your schedule is daily exericise. It will help with weight loss, energy levels and it does wonders for the blood glucose levels. Just a 30 minute stroll will make a difference!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #89  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Hi all.
I'm checking in after having been MIA for a while now. I have been thinking of you, does that count?
Today is very lovely after some crappy weather all last week. Took DS and the one we babysit to walk the dog. Did the circuit in 30 minutes! That was a rough one...hard to walk fast pushing a stroller. After I'm done here I will be going out with him again around the neighborhood to get in 2 miles.

My BGl was 133 this morning, after barely eating yesterday due to that stomach bug on Tuesday. Better than I have been getting lately.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Had to jump back in. DS and I just came back from one mile around the neighborhood after dinner and my BGL was only 96! I am so freaking excited and you can laugh at me all you want.

Last edited by cmbmom05; 04-19-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: to add
Old 04-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #90  
stbakd

where is everyune? wtg cmb with bsl. i went for a walk today and now my back and feet are killing me.
glen
Closed Thread