Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes - April '07

Here we go -- it's a brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . to our new monthly chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 AM   #2  

Morning! Happy April Fool's day!

I lost 20 pounds this week!

At least my bg was good yesterday and today. I just don't like how I got it lower...eating late and taking a whole glimiperide instead of half...

Have a great day, folks!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #3  
stbakd

hi all. wtg monet. glen
Old 04-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #4  

Morning everyone..my sl was a bit up this am 127.. but when i got home last night it was to low so ate some cheese and crackers and a ww sherbert/ice cream bar..the ww sherbert bar is a great treat only 1 pt or 60 calories low sugar and fat..i dont usually have a befor bed snack as it raises my sl in the am..i won 190 $ last night but not by saying BINGO !! i bought some pull tabs and won a 50$ tab and a 140$ not bad for the 20$ i spent to get them ..we had dinner befor bingo and i had a taco salad and skipped the taco shell..had a great time tho and the resturant staff came and presented the b-day girl with ice cream with a lighted candle..then they put a sombrao on her head and sang to her..she turned all shades of red..hope you all had anice weekend to (((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, everybody . . .

We are enjouing another nice sunny day in Atlantic Canada . . . . . . Not too warm, mind you, but it has inched up to just above the freezing mark and the sun is starting to nibble away at the weird snow heaps we acquired last Thursday. Not exacly Spring-like, but moving in the right direction.

My BGL has been running a little high the last couple of days -- a nasty 6.7 (121) first thing this morning -- and I have a nasty, nasty yeast infection, too. Honestly do not know why . . . I have definitely NOT been over-indulging in any carbs. Very strange. I do feel extremely lethargic, too, and a little headachey to boot. Oh well, this too will pass, I'm sure. Maybe I should see if doing some laundry will cheer me up . . . Oh yeah, that is sure to work.

ROSEY, ROSEY, ROSEY . . . Wow, your vacation fund just keeps growing. Congratulations on another win.

Hey MONET . . . you do what you have to do . . . boy, if we could really lose 20 pounds this week, we'd be able to cut back on the meds for sure.

Keep things moving and shaking today, gang. In the long term, doing the good stuff will definitely pay off. See you later . . .
Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 385/298/155

Height: 5'3"

Just popped in real quick. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day with doctor appts and Spring cleaning. I don't know when I'll be able to get on tomorrow but will try. Went out for my walk this morning and can back sneezing my head off ( it rained here yesterday and when anyone mows right after a rain I get the sneezes, watery eyed, running nose ). Today started some seed for the up and coming garden and planning out what to put in the flower bed out front. I think for my evening walk tonight I'll take my dog Lucky with me ( that is if she'll behave herself ) she loves to chase anything that blows in the wind. LOL

Well I did really good on Friday ( my daughters 8th birthday ) stayed true to my portions and I did have just tad bit bigger piece of her b-day cake ( made it with Splenda this time).

Today my bsl getting up was 110 right now it's 135. Not to bad (two hr after eating ) for having a chef salad with low fat cottage cheese for a dressing.

Well I'm out of here got more errands to run and a house to get ready to clean tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #7  

Morning everyone..its all melty outside wonder if spring is on its way..my sl was 104 this am.. im trying to add more vegies and fiber to my diet so last night i had a double portion of fresh steamed asparagus with oven roasted baby potatoes and beef ribs and no snack so the sl came down where i like it to be..meowee sry you are feeling a bit under the weather maybe you picked up a virus..hope you feel better soon..curl up with agood book and have some tea and then a nap..ikpabst.. wtg on the cake with splenda and the exercising..soooo whats everyone else up to today..hope its fun whatever it is ((((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #8  

Cool

Hi, all. It's been sunny and cool here. I woke up yesterday with the sniffles and still have them. Haven't turned into a full blown cold but they sure are annoying. Well, I'm officially off the fast. Didn't make it through the weekend so there was no way I was going to make the insurance company's weight goals. I'm disappointed in myself, but I haven't given up. I still have three months of maintenance at the clinic, so will avail myself of that and try to lose weight by a less drastic plan.
Monet - congratulations on the loss. WTG!
Moewee - hope you get over your malaise and that spring shows up finally.
Rosey - I'd like to go to Vegas with you. I'd give you all my money to bet.
Hi to the rest of you. Have a good day.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #9  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning all,,looks like we are all back on track,,this month sucks with I.R.S,,and land taxes,,,soooo broke,,not even funny,,will be glad when this month is over,,,going down to see the kids hopefully over easter week-end,,,bs are running pretty good ,,135 this morning,,up a little but I always feel better at about 120 anyway,,strange,,still haven't gotten a copy of my blood work from my dr,,will check the po box in the am and see if it is there,,,am curious to see what my Aic is,,,

Well I am off to do what has to be done before returning to work this week,,have a great day and hope all of us make good choices,,,Jeanne
Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #10  
stbakd

my bs were high at 8.4. it's sunny here and meowee i'm keeing it.
glen
Old 04-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #11  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

Restarted on a new insulin pump yesterday. Feeling pretty good, although I think my doctor set my basal rates too high. I dropped them by a third last night, from 1.5u/hour to 1.0u/hour and my BG was 97 at 3 am and 91 when I got up. I'm waiting to hear from the RN at the Diabetes Clinic to see if she wants me to drop it to 1.0 regularly.

Other than that, I'm doing the same ol' same ol'. Sammie is fitting in pretty well. The cats touched noses yesterday so i guess that's a good sign.

Well, off to shower and head out for the day!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Happy Monday everybody . . .

Same old stuff going on around here . . . it's a little warmer today, but also considerably duller . . . boy do I ever need SPRING.

Just agreed to play foster-mom to a 4 year old Shi-tzu whose owner is going to be confined to hospital for next few weeks . . . her own loving sister can't be bothered. I don't even know the woman, but she is a friend of a good friend, etcetera, etcetera. Hope my 15 lb cat doesn't eat the poor dog. Hey, it will be good practice for when I finally get my own puppy.

Hi Josian . . . glad to hear things are going well with the new pump . . . most long-time diabetics have a far better idea what is right for them than the doctors . . . and most doctors will readily admit it.

Hi Glen . . . hey, we will get more sun eventually . . . although the forecast for the next few days has both the snow word and the freezing-rain phrase in it. Boo -- Hiss

Hi Rosetta . . . well, guess it just wasn't meant to be this time . . . but don't forget you are not alone. We are all here to support and encourage you. You can do it, girl.

Hi Jeanne . . . don't we all just love this time of year. In Canada, we don't have to file until the end of April . . . and I don't.

Hi Rosey . . . thanks, I feel a bit better today and my BGL is down into more decent levels (5.4 . . . 97) this morning. Your dinner sounds great. Asparagus is just about my favourite veggie.

Hi Linda . . . glad to see you are feeling better and you did great with the birthday cake, kiddo. Oh boy, I hear you on the freshly mown grass . . . it won't be long before I had to stop breathing too. Actually, as much as I'm sick of it, you remind me that Winter is the only time, I really breathe fairly easily.

Anyway, gang . . . here is a little light reading from D:Life about some supplements that have proven to be good for type II's . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...pplements.html . . . will also stick it in the tid-bits place for future reference.

Also, read something disturbing recently . . . apparently freezing vegetables breaks down the fibre content (can't remember were I saw it, but will try to find it again.) The frozen food manufacturers (in fact, all the prepackaged food manufacturers) are always telling us how great their stuff is, and how all the necessary vitamins and minerals are retained, etcetera, etcetera . . . how come they don't tell us about the stuff that isn't retained? Fibre is very important . . . at least I think so.

Sorry about that little tangetial rant, gang. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking day. See you soon . . .
Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #13  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning and hi to all,,,just a fast drive tho before I walk out the door to work,,,sunny but cloudy,,still better than snow,,,have a few little tiny sprouts coming up by the back door,,,so it won't be long now,,

bs was 130 this morning,,but not bad ,,I have been playing with my evening meds a little ,,because I was having those lows so bad,,,but after I eat if it is like 120-130 or so and I have taken my byetta,,I don't take that pill,,sometimes it works but it depends on what I am eating,,,if I have eaten more carbs then I should have I do take it,,,and in my mind if i can take one less pill ,,then I am happy,,?,,,it has just been the last month or so that I have been brave enough to change somethings and try things with my meds,,I guess I just thought the dr knows best,,,ha,,but you are right I think we know better sometimes,,,well have a great day,,good to see you all ,,,have a fabulous day,,,Jeanne
Old 04-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #14  

Just a fly by too... I am heading down to the garagio to glaze the stuff I took out of the kiln this morning. I am hoping I can get a good glaze load this time!

My bg is all over the place lately. This morning it was 167...but last night was screwy with eating and all. I am just tired of it not acting 'normally' (for me anyway...) I did find out that the new insurance we are getting is Blue Cross, so I can go back to my old doctor if I want...

Oh, yeah, and my husband got a new job! He was laid off the end of January and had three months severance, so it was just getting to the critical point. He is really looking forward to the job, as it is interesting and new stuff to learn and good experience. Yay! I would have eaten rice and beans for months if it would have meant he could take the time to find something he can enjoy going to each day. Thankfully, that will not be necessary!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #15  

Hi everyone..another cloudy day here..my sl's on track at 102 this am..i am doing some house work in preparation for easter as usual everyone's coming to my house..in one way im honored but as i get older its getting to be alot of work so i do a little at a time and then im not so rushed that day..what are all of you doing for easter? monet im so happy for you and your hubby..illbet your stress level will go down now that he is employed again..its nice to have a job u love(or passion like crafting for me and poteryforyou )..meowee am glad u are feeling better.. i loved my shi-zu molly so have fun with this dog they have great and loving personalites..rosetta sry the fast didnt work for you but dont give up on yourself ((( )))..josian dont know much about the pump but glad its working for you..jeanne sounds like the new pets are adjusting my reteaver is still ignoring the new puppy here..hello to all ive missed and make good choices for ourselves rosey
Closed Thread