Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 385/298/155

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone sorry I haven't been posting in here lately been feeling under the weather. My Bs level haven't been the greatest since this dang cold took a hold ( 160 - 190 ). But today is the first day that my level was in check ( 100 this morning before breakfast and just a few minutes ago it was 135 ). Once I'm feeling better I'll go through the list and read it more ( since this cold and having Bell's Palsy my eyesight is a little fuzzy but my doc says it will get better give the meds a chance to work ). Hope to be back on real soon.

( I'm her {BF} Kevin and she asked me to help her out with posting this since her eyes are bothering today and the fact that she has a raging headache right now. She bumped her head on the bathroom medicine cabinet when she was brushing her teeth ).
Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #152  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi JEANNE . . . Hi LINDA . . . (and thanks, Kevin).

So glad to hear from you both . . . I'm like an old Mother Hen around here and I get worried when some of the flock goes missing for a while. Don't feel that way about all the places I post, but definitely here. We all know how quickly Diabetes can get us feeling really low. So glad you are both okay and hope you will be feeling much, much better really soon.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #153  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry I can't post more often but life is hectic on this forum and on another one I moderate!

I changed my glyburide back to bedtime and my morning readings are much better this week. Weight is another matter! I have blipped up again and need to get a grip! I'm sure you can all relate!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #154  

Morning everyone. another sunny but cold day here.. yesterday after "blessing" my house with a cleaning i went shopping and its all melty outside so just maybe spring could be coming i stalked up on fresh fruit and vegies.. they had asparagus on sale and we love it but usually to expensive here.. the puppy let me sleep till 6 am befor she started to howl..wonder who is training who here am happy to see some of our missing back.. i to worry when people dissappear..since i was so good at getting things done yesterday i get to play today..hope you all can do something fun too ((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 03-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #155  
creations

Just checking in. BS was 165 this morning. But I'm down 2 lbs. Ended up in the drs office this morning,diarrhea came back big time. So I called and went in. Got a perscription so we'll see what happens.

Judy S
Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #156  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . we are in the middle of a raging Blizzard . . . yes, you did read that right . . . I said BLIZZARD . . . Ah, Spring in Atlantic Canada; you've got to love it? Only 4 to 6 inches of snow forecast but the 60 m/h winds are making an awful mess of everything. All the schools and a lot of businesses across the county are closed. Certainly hope this is the last major storm of the season. Probably not . . . we usually get at least one nasty one in early April after the Cormorants return . . . stupid birds I think they fly by the calendar not by any kind of natural instinct because it seems to happen every year.

Wind woke me up pretty early again . . . but so far the BGL has been behaving itself . . . so everything isn't bad and I'm definitely behaving myself food-wise. Still haven't gotten out to get the new cables for the DVD player so I may have to resort to laundry and/or housework to keep myself entertained. At least we still have power . . . OMG, hope I haven't jinxed it

Anyway, gang . . . I hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day doing lots of fun stuff and I'll see you all again really soon . . .
Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #157  
stbakd

keep your snow. it;s sunny here. glen
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #158  
Onward and Downward

Oh GLEN . . . . . . Please send me some sun . . . it has not gotten any better here.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #159  
stbakd

meowee are yoe snowed in. bs was 4.6. how;s the dog rosey?
glen
Old 03-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #160  
Onward and Downward

Oh joy . . . the sun is actually shining and the wind has dropped down to a gentle 5 to 10 m/h . . . in 13 years I've never seen it actually 'calm' here. It is cold - well right around freezing mark. Hope it continues . . . although there is more snow in the forecast for the next few days. Maybe it will never materialize . . .

Glen . . . wow, 4.6 (83), that is the best ever I've seen you record for BGL. Mine was 5.9 (106) this morning . . . quite high for me.

Well, I'd better get moving and shaking. Want to get some errands run while the weather is cooperating. Hope everybody has a great and fun kind of day. See you later . . .
Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #161  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Good morning all!

The new kitty is fitting in nicely, although our other cat still hisses and spats at him when he comes near her. He rolls on the ground, meows, and inches towards her... It's the cutest thing. He's still unsure of the dogs, but he has been outside for who knows how long, so that will just take time.

Got my new insulin pump yesterday! Wow! It's amazing the advancements they have made since my old one (got it in 2001). I can't wait to start back up on Monday!

Well, it's off to the races. I get to drive 2 hours south today to do one stinkin' project! Ack!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #162  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . here's an interesting article from this weeks D:Life newsletter . . . can't speak for the rest of you, but they sure have me figured out. . .

http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...the_cycle.html

And here's another little tip from the same issue . . . I know we've mentioned this before . . .

http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...stressing.html

See you later . . . get it moving and shaking . . .
Old 03-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #163  

Hi everyone.. a late post for me..i got started on a new craft and by the time i had it figured out the day was gone..i made a rag basket..you take strips of cloth and wind them aroung a cord(like clothes line) then you coil them together and sew a zigzag stitch and go round and round..it was fun but alot of work..i ended up with a small basket..my purpose was an easy b-day gift..yah right.. took all day but it turned out cute..and "fuzzy britches" just loved all those strips of fabric so it took longer chasing her out of my stuff..dang you should have seen her run down the hall fabric trailing behind and ears flopping and wild eyes like she was getting away with something.. too funny for words and now miss innocent is sleeping at my feet..anyways that was my day.. sl was alittle high this am 128..meowee thanks for all those neat tidbits..never thought lotion would have sugar.. thats just weird.. hope you all have a great weekend..((((hugs))) rosey
Old 03-31-2007, 07:24 AM   #164  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . Just a little quickie to say HELLO . . .

The Frog and I are back together . . . yep; finally got the DVD player working with the new TV.

Picked up the newest (Spring) issue of Diabetic Living magazine in my travels yesterday. I know somebody on here mentioned being a "Peeps" lover (think it was you, Rosey?); anyway . . . big two page advert in the mag says Peeps now come sugar free (sweetened with Splenda) . . . Happy Easter.

See you later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . .
Old 03-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #165  
creations

I've seen the sugar free Peeps in the local Farmer Jack's store. Been afraid to try them.
Its a cloudy windy day here,with rain due in this afternoon and I can feel it.

Judy S
Closed Thread