Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post

I have been well. Very busy, as usual. I don't even work outside my home, but my May calendar is jam packed with appointments and things to do. I don't know how you all work full time jobs! We are now thinking my daughter is going to have a bladder surgery at the very end of June, and, if so, she will stay home and commute to college at least the first semester. My new primary care doc (who I really like) gave me referrals for Physical Therapy for my hip, Speech & Hearing for suspected hearing loss , and to Gastro for a colonoscopy (fun times!). I will begin PT this coming Wednesday. They already gave me exercises to work on at home. Much to my displeasure, I scheduled my colonoscopy today (for July). I have put it off as long as possible. I was due to go for my first one last year when I turned 50. Speech & Hearing has called to schedule twice, but I've yet to call them back. I dread another diagnosis ("hearing loss") and I'm almost positive I have it. I will try to suck it up and call and schedule that appointment this coming week.

Lisa: Glad you were able to splurge on some things at WalMart. And so happy that you were able to get some help from St. Vincent De Paul (I think you said?) with some basic home necessities awhile back. I had my initial consultation for PT for my hip this past week and I will begin active PT this coming Wednesday. You helped inspire me to go! They already gave me "gluteal activation" exercises to begin working on at home. They said that strengthening my abs and glutes will help in healing/strengthening my hip. Yikes! My abs and glutes are SO weak!!! I've got my work cut out for me! Congrats on your new car! I love the image of Elvira riding in it with you!
Having a full May will keep you out of trouble, Kathleen

I feel the same way about having a colonoscopy. I haven't brought up to Trudy so I hope to put it off for a while. My mother died from complications from a colonoscopy.

I hope your daughter comes through her bladder surgery with flying colors.

I know all about strengthening exercises. They really do help and it does take time. I have been having PT since Feb 14th and I am still not where I need to be.

Hope you get to post again soon, Kathleen.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Hello Everyone! I'm new here! Been struggling with the ups and downs of being happy. Lost a bunch of weight twice only to almost gain it all back. Work is about to start back up with a weight loss challenge...hopefully I can get back going and lose this weight again. Food is so good

Hope everyone is having a great day. It's been ugly and rainy here...and ball practice got cancelled so it's been a long day. Probably in my best interest because I'm trying to get over bronchitis and on steroids..:/
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholsfamily1987 View Post
Hello Everyone! I'm new here! Been struggling with the ups and downs of being happy. Lost a bunch of weight twice only to almost gain it all back. Work is about to start back up with a weight loss challenge...hopefully I can get back going and lose this weight again. Food is so good

Hope everyone is having a great day. It's been ugly and rainy here...and ball practice got cancelled so it's been a long day. Probably in my best interest because I'm trying to get over bronchitis and on steroids..:/
Welcome! Ugh bronchitis sounds terrible. I’m spending another weekend night at home. I’m just reviewing bills and turned on the tv.
I wish I could have pushed myself to try to take an evening walk or something but I just feel sad. My daytime was ok though.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:06 AM   #34  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I believe and Lisa, I recently had a colonoscopy and was really pleased with how it went. The prep wasn't as bad as it was when I was in nursing school and spent a couple of days in a colonoscopy clinic.
The lab I used had an excellent set up. I felt better at this out of hospital clinic because I have a latex allergy and the clinic was a latex free facility. So felt a bit safer.
No procedure is totally without risk, but a good clinic and good doctor makes all the difference. I hope it goes well for you. I am have some follow-up tested, an enhanced CT scan next week. However no cancer or diverticulitis or any other issues, so I was happy with that.
I hope all goes well for you and that you get the answers you are looking for.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:30 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Holly,

I'm just going make some statements.

It is hard to see images of my parents, who are both gone now. I don't cry much, except on a rare occasion.

I always try to keep things in perspective though. Both of them were very very sick. I want them both to be in peace, with absolutely no pain.

I could not handle them both still being here and having to live with their perspective illnesses. That is absolutely the last thing I want.

I miss them both very much but I've discovered my own strength.

I'm not sure if dying is the ultimate end. Perhaps it is.

Whatever happens to us, I find strength in religion. Church is quiet and peaceful to me.

I think that when my time comes, I'm hoping that I can be at peace with either scenerio. Either life after death or dust to dust.

Jennifer has been going to church the past few months, after years of saying she didn't believe in God.
I don't ask her but I think watching my mother pass in 2016 brought on this change in her. I don't ask because it's her privacy but to say I'm happy is an understatement.

I save pictures of my parents, they make me smile and I want something to pass down to Jennifer.

Just some thoughts on this, from me.
Your post and mine must have crossed. Thus not responding in the previous post. I am so glad you are at peace with the passing of your parents. Even so, after loss, life is never quite the same
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:00 AM   #36  

Madeline welcome. I have not had any experience with remeron, I hope it helps you with sleep. Lack of sleep can be so problematic. Sending good thoughts that the medical tests next week will go well.

Nichols I am glad you posted here. Its good to see you again. Sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Hope you quickly fully recover. I know how dedicated you were losing the weight. And I know all too well what a slippery slope maintenance can be. Gaining back lost weight is, for me a threat always lurking. And an all too familiar pattern from the past. I know you will conquer this.

Panda, Hope tomorrow the "sad" will be lifted. Many are feeling sad, etc these days. Sadly, (no pun)you are in good company.

Today was easier for me. Although I did have a bit of an unintended snag. I went to Costco. There were not too many samples. After I paid for the food, an employee stopped me and offered a new costco shopping bag with a big roll of paper towels in it. I thanked him and left with my new bag, and groceries. When I got home I took out the paper towels and got excited. There were samples of snack stuff. Small sample size bag of trail mix. With M&Ms, nuts and salted raisins. Yes the raisins were salted. But not the nuts. Then there was a little oatmeal chocolate chip bar. It tasted okay. Then there was some kind of chocolate chip cookie dough protein bar. Mercifully it was disgusting. So I threw it out. Then there were these gummies that also got thrown out. They were sweet but not sour. So I had Trail mix and a little oatmeal bar. Other than that food was fine today. Not great, but fine. I was not going through intense cravings as I had in previous days. What a relief. Weather was perfect. Sun and probably in the mid 70s. ahhhh it was heaven.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Pat <3

Last edited by flower123; 05-06-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #37  

My goodness ladies! You've all been very busy! I'm just popping up to say hello in the May thread I need to have a proper read through all your antics now

Nothing new to report! We're having some lovely sunny weather here, doubt it'll last long! I'm near the end of my elimination diet, I get to start eating normal foods again soon
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Hello Everyone.
Flower: Trail Mix and an oatmeal bar are not too bad compared to what it could have been

Panda: I always feel sad too after reviewing the bills. Hope you have had a better day today!

Beautiful day outside today. 80 degrees and sunny. Got a ball game in with my son.. didn't walk like I had planned today but hopefully I will get it in tomorrow. I didn't eat TOO bad but it could have been a lot better. Poptarts for breakfast and spaghetti for dinner. Only drunk water and lemonade ...had 3 oreos also. Again not too good but could have been ALOT worse. Haven't been so sad today but it being Sunday usually I'm okay during the weekends. TOM is coming soon so my moods are all over the place and work starts back up tomorrow (blah!) Going to get off here and enjoy the rest of the night with the kiddos hope everyone has a nice and relaxing night.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #39  

Hi ladies,

Not much going on here. It's really nice out, 81 degrees.

I'm washing clothes today. I need to run several errands tomorrow and want to smell fresh.

My TV is on now and I'm sooooo happy. I've got Dish Network. I'm so incredibly relieved to be able to watch my shows.

That's about it. Have a great Monday.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #40  

Not feeling good starting yesterday and then again today. My legs are so weak. Time to go on iron supplements, again.

I'm going to take a nap and then go to PT. I won't be able to do much but I'll do what I can.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 05-09-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #41  

Hi fatmad! sorry, I don't think have experience with those meds, but I hope you're getting on alright with them

Holly sorry your bike wasn't ready to ride, did you find someone to collect it? I'm glad the warmer weather has arrived now. It's weird how grief hits us. 30-40 years on from losing her parents, my mum could be triggered like that, and it's perfectly normal. I'm probably due to be floored by something soon too...

Lisa yippee for the new clothes! And fantastic that you have lost weight. Money doesn't stay in our banks very long at all, but as long as it keeps coming in, we can be thankful! Hope your new car is holding up well

Kathleen i'm glad your new physician was as helpful as you hoped! I'm hoping half your tests are simply him trying to be attentive, and get a repeat customer I hope the PT helps, and the colonoscopy and hearing tests go alright. You need a break!

I really hope your daughter's operation goes to plan. It forces her hand a bit with accommodation, but it will give her a taste of the commute at least.

Flower123 so glad your weather is picking up as well I have to wonder if the cravings are caused by the seasons changing? It's so hot and cold, our bodies probably want energy to help them adjust. Hopefully it will pass soon!

Last edited by Coop27; 05-09-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #42  

Still not feeling like myself. I'm still taking my iron pills. I'm hoping they help soon. I'm kinda scared.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #43  

Been not great at posting here lately. I read and then think about posting. Then realize I am feeling too tired atm. Been drained of energy. But so are many people I know. So I am not at all surprised or alarmed. Have read over and again that there is a lot of solar activity (solar winds and flairs) causing people to feel extra tired. Hopefully tomorrow I will post personals.

Today I felt good about my weight. But then I ate a lot. Simply because I went to the doctor for routine follow up. I had planned to reward myself with 2 VERY fattening foods after I got out of there. Tomorrow I will be back on track.

Hope everyone has a good Friday. ♥ Pat

Last edited by flower123; 05-10-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #44  

Hi all

Coop great that you have been doing an elimination diet. I hope it has helped. Hope you enjoy adding in some foods.

Nichols I hope the on plan eating is going a bit better for you.

Lisa so glad that you are able to now watch TV. Sometimes I just keep it on to keep me company. Try to watch happy or funny shows. Re Iron supplements, I was just reading on fb that a bunch of people were needing iron. Hope your iron levels are soon back up to normal

Hi to everyone else

Today was an emotional day. My mother does not want to eat. She no longer has working taste buds due to age. Being stubborn and does not eat or drink enough to keep her alive. BUT she is very clear that she wants to live. Just the most stubborn human being I have ever met.

A few days ago she ended up going in ambulance to hospital. They kept her for 2 days. Her MD is very attentive and had previously prescribed antidepressants as an appetite stimulant. And maybe because of depression as well, although he would never tell her that. She was in complete resistance re taking them. She despises depression, anxiety or any psychological conditions. She is tough as nails. Finally she took one tonight. But she told me that she is not supposed to drink and take the pills. oops, my mother is an alcoholic. no drinking? that would be so hard for her at her age. No wonder she resisted the pills

I feel bad for her. Since her son, my brother died she started drinking again. I would fall apart if something happened to her. I am way too close to her emotionally. As odd as that sounds, considering she is so hard on me.

So I have not been doing well at all. Weepy, fear etc. No husb. No kids. father died 38 years ago. A surviving brother who has big anger issues. And is the height of intolerance. Especially toward my mother and me. I try to avoid communication with him. When we talk I just tell him everything is excellent. She is really it for me. Alone in the world. So I have not been great. Trying to keep the food in check Friday. Thursday was frighteningly fattening
Thank you for listening to my all too verbose tale of woe, lol.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. Pat ♥

Last edited by flower123; 05-11-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #45  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

flower - I am so sorry you are struggling!! I hope writing about it helps a tiny bit. You are a tough survivor!! and very caring, that you still care so much for your mother despite her being so hard on you. Yes she is still your mother but it must be so difficult when she is critical. You are loved by us

Lisa - not good to hear you are not feeling yourself!! hope you are on the upswing!!

Coop - I got courageous and just rode my bike to the Tech school, it held air for the short 10 miles. But that was Tuesday, and it was promised in one day, and guess what, I still don't have it back I should remember this happens every year, sigh. But I have lots to do otherwise, and it's still downright chilly here. So hopefully I can get it back Monday. Very glad to hear you can start to eat 'normal' foods again!! How is OH doing? and very great you are having (or had!) nice sunny weather. is it warming up for you?

Kathleen it was so good to hear from you love you, girl!

Pandacupcake, sorry to hear you had a sad day. It's hard to push yourself to go out for a walk when one is feeling like that. Hope you're better now

Hi to Nicholsfamily, good to have you here hope you're getting over your bronchitis quickly. Yes food is good are you participating in the work weight loss challenge ? is there a cash prize?

I have been at the 'good summer job' for 3 days now I did enough prep that I have off today and tomorrow, then on Monday it will be 7 days straight. The new chef hasn't stepped on my toes yet

I have slacked on my exercise for the past 3 days though, because of my summer schedule. I have GOT to address that! Each day that goes by, I'm a day older, and I need to be fighting Mother Nature and Father Time

it still has been too cold here to plant outside!! i accidentally left some morning glory seedlings out overnight and they died It was 30 here! Hopefully tonight is the last cold night, and I can do some outdoor potting/planting tomorrow.

thanks for the input about my sudden overwhelming grief about family death, I guess it does just hit you sometimes.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote