Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 PM   #91  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hi all,
I had a nice catchup with my former? best friend that moved this year out of state. It was good to learn how she’s doing and what’s new, and when she asked about some things and I spilled the beans, she was aghast at the craziness I got hit with and so it was good to be able to recap to someone that understands.

I still feel abandoned but i know she had to make a change, and currently she expects another big move in a couple years. I hope we keep in touch, so I will continue to make an effort to check in with her every month or so.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:16 AM   #92  

I'll try to post again later, I'm woozey. I'll do personals then.

I have PT this morning, 9:30 am. I'm sitting here trying to drink as much water as I can. I struggle at PT more when I am dehydrated.

I am so tired. I think I need toothpicks for my eyelids. Geez louise.

I am missing Miss Holly.

I am missing Miss Kathleen.

I'll try to come back later, when I am awake.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #93  

I'm up early this morning.

If you like weird movies watch "Personal Shopper." Kristen Stewart, I love to watch her movies.

Ok, gonna lay down for a while.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Hi all,
I had a nice catchup with my former? best friend that moved this year out of state. It was good to learn how she’s doing and what’s new, and when she asked about some things and I spilled the beans, she was aghast at the craziness I got hit with and so it was good to be able to recap to someone that understands.

I still feel abandoned but i know she had to make a change, and currently she expects another big move in a couple years. I hope we keep in touch, so I will continue to make an effort to check in with her every month or so.
She can still offer you a great deal of support, even at a distance, panda. I'm finding that out.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
If you do spot something, you could contact the group organiser to see if anyone there could give you a lift? Maybe drive yourself to the first couple of meetings so they know you're not an axe murderer I had to do that to get to my slimming world group for a while - people can be really helpful if you ask them! A box of chocolates to say thank-you is all it needs

I'm really pleased you met your neighbour, and get on with them I'm sure she'll appreciate some tips from a pro like yourself!
I'd like to start crocheting again and perhaps take up knitting.

I'd also like to learn Spanish or french.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Anyway now I’ve had increasingly bad mindless eating days in a row, so I am afraid to get on the scale. I’m going to return to healthier eating and will no longer be eating anything at my parents house that I don’t want.. I only go a few times a year but it’s super annoying when people put food onto my plate for me. I took some off and put it onto my father’s plate after he kept refilling my plate. I am not a toddler.

I am sorry for anyone reading this if this sounds ungrateful or bratty.

For some good news, I’ve noticed this week some beautiful flowers suddenly sprouted on the front lawn. I’m not sure what kind they are but there is a bloom of white and a bloom of pink- they are huge flowers, six inch wide, so pretty!
My rose bushes are bursting with buds and full roses. I have 5 bushes lined up in front of my mobile.

My mother was not the easiest person. She did not take care of herself physically and it was soooo frustrating. She absolutely hated going to the Dr.

I loved her v v much and I spent as much time with her as I could but she drained me. I knew we wouldn't have her long though. Now that she's gone, I'm so glad I spent a lot of time with her plus, I miss our phone calls. We talked every couple days.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:36 PM   #97  

Livi,

How did you like D2? Glad you have someone special to spend time with.

Are you doing anything special for memorial day?
Old 05-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #98  

Miss Holly and Kathleen. I hope they are ok.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:16 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I'd like to start crocheting again and perhaps take up knitting.

I'd also like to learn Spanish or french.
Spanish is a lot easier to pick up! We did both in school, and I got on a lot better with Spanish. French has a lot of rules... Duolingo is a good app, and free, if you want to do languages.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Spanish is a lot easier to pick up! We did both in school, and I got on a lot better with Spanish. French has a lot of rules... Duolingo is a good app, and free, if you want to do languages.
Spanish is prevalent where I live. Many jobs depend on one's ability to speak Spanish plus I just want to be able to communicate with more people.

Hugs to you, coop.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #101  

Hi everyone. Been MIA, which is not too unusual for me. My eating is a bit out of control. Idk which is worse, gaining the lbs or losing the money I spend on that extra food. A friend gave me a 25 dollar gift certificate to Barnes and noble. The dangerous news is it can be used for pastries at their cafe

Having said that, the birds are chirping and it's beautiful outside. Soon the garden will be in bloom. Lots of green replacing dingy white and brown. I love listening to the birds.

Have been dealing with allergies. Not sure what I am allergic to. I need to get a grip on the food thing. I have a bag of chips, and want more. Same if I eat cake, chocolate...well anything.

Last edited by flower123; 05-25-2018 at 02:57 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #102  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

This week after one of my meetings, some yard workers started making a huge racket with power tools and their loud conversation. I’m so glad my meeting had just ended- the workers were just 6 feet away from me so I moved to another room.

Today I saw the entire front lawn is gone, minus one of the flower blooms. So it’s just soil. The lawn was a ratched mess so I’m glad it’s now soil as I assume they are planning all new grass.

I have tomorrow off. I’m probably going to sleep til at least 9am.
Wishing everyone a great weekend. I know some have the Monday holiday off. Anyone planning to do something fun?

Good to hear from you, Flower.
Lisa, I remember that movie. I watched Game Night last weekend- I saw it at home but it’s in the theaters as well. It was funny.
Last night I watched an Australian movie on tv “The Daughter”, but it was a depressing storyline.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 05-24-2018 at 10:03 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:56 AM   #103  

Hi again everyone
I am so behind on personals I will reply from the last post, up. That way I will not be replying to obsolete news.

Panda glad you have Monday off. I hope you get lots of great rest. The 6 inch wide flowers you described growing in your lawn sound beautiful. I would have been interested to know what they were. I did not think you sounded "bratty" or "ungrateful" when talking about going to your parents home. Parents often can trigger old stuff which can be annoying and painful. Re: your best friend moving, I understand all too well. My friend who I loved spending time with moved away. from the northeast to the Seattle WA area. Too far away to visit. Having a friend start a new life somewhere else can be painful. Hopefully your friend will want to continue to speak fairly often. even though it's not the same as being there in person

Lisa, ahhhh rose bushes. I DO love them so much. Do you cut the branches back after the first bloom? I wish it was easy to post photos on 3FC. i would love to see photos of flowers in people's gardens. Sorry your mother did not take care of herself well. It is very painful when those we love are not acting in their best interest. And there is virtually nothing we can do to change that. Glad you spent a lot of time with her.

Livi you are not alone feeling exhausted. I know countless people who are experiencing the same thing. What some are saying is that its important to rest when possible. I think the quote you wrote is absolutely true "the only way out is through". Sometimes we must walk right through the fires, or whatever, to get to the other side. Congratulations on signing up for school. While I understand what you said re: increasing your stress level, I hope you easily can find your groove combining school and work. At first it may be a challenge. But I might guess that after a while it will become easier.

Coop IDK why I found High school french easier than Jr High school Spanish, to learn in school. I never learned either one well. But felt much more comfortable with french. And I remember more french... all these years later.

Holly: I am hoping no posts means that you are busy riding a lot after work. And spending time in your garden. Hoping you are enjoying this awesome weather!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Being outside in the warm weather is such a luxury. Even when it rains its okay. As long as it is not cold. Having the windows open at home, luxury.

I have been eating too many calories. And spending way too much money on food each day. I became addicted to frozen peaches along with of course my main addiction, Trader Joe's popchips. Then there was the carrot cake the other day. And Belgian chocolate callets. The good thing with the chocolate is that I can buy as few as I want, from the bulk container at the health food store. I was buying an ounce a day. But ideally I want to get to the point where I have only one of the three choices.

Today I had only the popchips. The bag they are in is fairly small. So the calories are okay. That's why I like them. As long as I have my regular low calorie low carb food the rest of the day. And that was the case today. Food addictions is a big thing with me. I want to get back into a better routine. Tomorrow I want to go to a new herb shop to get some milk thistle. I am thinking this annoying "allergy" is not an allergy at all. But rather I ran out of my liver detox herb that I need to be taking. I hope the Friday rush hour traffic will not be too bad going to and from town to get the herbs.

I hope everyone has a great Friday ♥
Old 05-26-2018, 03:16 AM   #104  

Friday I had an odd experience. A few years ago a friend died. She was an herbalist who for 30 years had a popular herb shop. The shop closed when she died. A year later someone in the neighboring town opened an herb shop. I had never been there because I started getting my herbs from a friend of the herbalist who died. she is someone I had known for decades. But today I could not wait for her to fill the order sometime next week and then drive it to the drop off place. Really, ordering from her is a pain. She doesn't answer her phone. And waits too many days to return phone messages, or emails. So for the first time I went to the 2 year old herb shop downtown.

I knew the herbalist who runs the place downtown. I told him that I was sorry I had not been there before now. I explained that I felt like I would be cheating on the other herbalist if I went to the shop. He was amazed that I was there. He told me to go look st the window sill. I started to walk over there and saw a picture if my friend the herbalist who died. He told me that quite a while ago he had asked for the picture as a tribute to her. And a few hours before I showed up, the picture was dropped off there. The guy who runs the place and I both felt like my friend who died had some kind of hand in the synchronicity.

Today re: food, "disciplined me" was not in charge some of the time. This resulted in 2 slip ups. Could have been worse, but it wasn't great. However, the food monster was quieted because of what I did eat. I do not know who general tso was. But I wish he liked his chicken sautéed instead of breaded and fried.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday

Last edited by flower123; 05-26-2018 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #105  

Hi flower,

I miss Holly, too. I hope she's ok.

I would kill for some Chinese food. There are some really good Chinese restaurants around here. Cashew chicken with fried rice!! Mmmmmmmm

I have no idea about rose bushes and how to tend them. I'll have to find out. I have 5 of them lining the front of my mobile. They all are bursting with flowers.

Hugs to you, flower.