Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 235/200/160

Height: 5' 6"

In a February funk these days. I am so sick of winter and I always feel a bit depressed when my rheumatoid arthritis flares. It is reasonably well controlled with meds, but flare leaves me feeling tired and mopey and I have been having foot pain, so I can't walk as much as I would like. I know it will pass, it always does, but that does not make the waiting any easier.
DiveChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #77  

I'm really sorry I haven't been around for ages! I'm ok, I've been doing a diet and vitamin regimen just now, and it needs me to aim for 10-12 hours of sleep a night. On top work, commuting and having to cook everything from scratch, we put OH's dad:s house on the market and cleared out his grans house, and I haven't had much time for anything extra. I suddenly realised I've been missing for about a month though, so I've stopped by to say hello! I will try to catch up with you all as soon as I can
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #78  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hello everyone,

Lisa congrats on reaching the 2’s!

I hear everyone that is stressed out or feeling blah lately..

I was feeling pretty good about dropping nearly 6 pounds this month but then I started my exercise program and the scale shot up. I know I didn’t gain 3.2 lbs overnight and I know it’s from the muscle fatigue/water weight etc but that really got me in a bad mood and then someone that doesn’t know i lost wt this month told me he likes my curves. I didn’t ask him about my wt and that was uncalled for. So i got all irritated and ate a bit extra yesterday and today. And its 9pm and i have been working since 8am and have about 3 more hrs to do. I skipped my french class bc of work.

Just grrr grr grr

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 02-26-2018 at 08:54 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:15 PM   #79  

Hi new peeps and welcome to the thread.

I'm sitting here staring at burger King. It's not too far from my house and they have free wi-fi so here I am.

I go see Trudy (nurse practioner) on Friday. We'll see how things are progressing. I had blood work done last week.

I'm kinda sleepy today, weird

I'm trying to be patient, Friday cannot get here soon enough. (Paycheck)

I have an *** long list to do after I get paid. I'll never get in all done in one day.

If anyone is on Facebook, look me up. lisa.conley.67

Have a great couple of days. Miss you all.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #80  

Work has been crazy busy.
Yesterday I went to another relaxing yoga session and tonight I am keeping open for possible work and catching up on sleep.

I will start drinking more water, and restricting calories a bit more. I have been going over. Yesterday was 1260 so not too bad.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #81  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
I just started exercising this weekend and the scale jumped 3.2 lbs. 136.4 to 139.6)
I am a bit sore today so I cancelled two workouts for today but will just do yoga.
I read that exercise can cause water weight gain but grrr don’t like to see the numbers going up.
I'm glad you know that fact about working out, that the tiny tears in the muscle that are caused by exertion, need water to repair, and that shows as a increase of weight. But you are increasing your strength and ultimately making your body more compact so it is good!

I've never been to a yoga class, I had no idea there were such things as glow sticks and neon lights, OR the choice to do a quiet cool down or a limbo contest, wow

Yes when someone comments on our shape, it is always tricky territory!!

It's so nice to have you as a consistent presence here PandaCupcake

Last edited by VermontMom; 02-28-2018 at 12:37 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:36 PM   #82  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpuma14 View Post
Hi everyone

The sun is finally out here which means I am in a great mood. I work retail, so hopefully I don't deal with any "fun" customers today The past week of cloudy/cold/snow/rain/everything really started to get to me.

Now onto my homework that's due Wednesday...I've known about it for a month and have procrastinated just a bit. Now the stress starts
Hi and to our thread pinkpuma!
doesn't some sunshine helps us so much!!!
so are you a college student? (I'm so nosy )
and I work retail also, UGH the stories we have!!!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:43 PM   #83  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Hi new peeps and welcome to the thread.

I'm sitting here staring at burger King. It's not too far from my house and they have free wi-fi so here I am.

I go see Trudy (nurse practioner) on Friday. We'll see how things are progressing. I had blood work done last week.

I'm kinda sleepy today, weird

I'm trying to be patient, Friday cannot get here soon enough. (Paycheck)

I have an *** long list to do after I get paid. I'll never get in all done in one day.

If anyone is on Facebook, look me up. lisa.conley.67

Have a great couple of days. Miss you all.
Hi Lisa Lisa did you get relief from the sinus infection?? are you on antibiotics for that? I hope the pressure has stopped, that is truly not fun!! And hope that your bloodwork shows good news.

Are your fur babies doing OK after the move? And are you getting to know your new neighborhood and such?

Hey Lisa, I have no more snow to send you!! We've had mild weather and there are still mounds of it here and there but it is all melted off the driveway and most of the lawn. But another system is moving in Friday so maybe I can send you some then

sending good thoughts and vibes your way, Lisa!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:46 PM   #84  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveChick View Post
In a February funk these days. I am so sick of winter and I always feel a bit depressed when my rheumatoid arthritis flares. It is reasonably well controlled with meds, but flare leaves me feeling tired and mopey and I have been having foot pain, so I can't walk as much as I would like. I know it will pass, it always does, but that does not make the waiting any easier.
Hi and to our thread DiveChick! Oh I am with you, about the February funk, thank goodness today is the last day of the month and we can kick February to the curb Sorry to hear of the RA pain, that sounds terrible to have to live with that. Hope to hear from you often!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:48 PM   #85  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I'm really sorry I haven't been around for ages! I'm ok, I've been doing a diet and vitamin regimen just now, and it needs me to aim for 10-12 hours of sleep a night. On top work, commuting and having to cook everything from scratch, we put OH's dad:s house on the market and cleared out his grans house, and I haven't had much time for anything extra. I suddenly realised I've been missing for about a month though, so I've stopped by to say hello! I will try to catch up with you all as soon as I can
COOP so good to hear from you!!! you have been missed!! Oh my gosh, having to put OH's dad's house on the market AND cleaning out his grandmother's house, of course you've been otherwise busy!!! We miss you but understand and hope things slow down a bit for you!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:56 PM   #86  
Biker Chick!

and hello to Monica (EasySpirit) Kathleen (Ibelieve) and JesikaBeth!

So I am enjoying my "Saturday" ( I have Wednesday and Thursdays off) We have had so much snow melt lately, I personally love it, but our local economy depends on winter skiiers and it has been really slow, even last week, President's Week, was not busy at all. I still get paid the same whether I have 50 customers or 500, so I don't mind

There is SO much to do around the house, either cleaning, or straightening, or tackling projects, but I just don't feel like it yet. I know that when the mood does hit me, I will be able to tackle something, just not yet. I did pick up the living room a bit this morning so it doesn't look so awful, that did help and I'm gonna vaccuum in a few minutes, though it will be dog-hairy again by tomorrow night, lol.

So it's been a solid 8 months that i've been off my antidepressant and I am amazed that I'm OK, especially that my worst time of the year is November through March. Was I taking them for too long I wonder? could I have been off them sooner?? Whatever.

The sale of the RB's store is still scheduled for the middle of March, I just have to wait and see what happens. My summer job is still secure but the HUGE change there will be the new chef and whoever he brings with him, to be the day chef. Again, with the 'wait and see'

have a good day friends!
Old 03-02-2018, 12:38 AM   #87  

I started a new Ups & Downs thread for March