3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Depression and Weight Issues

Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #31

S/C/G: SW:142/138/120

Height: 5 4

I’ve been feeling a bit down tonight. I feel like just being by myself and a new friend invited me to dinner this weekend. Normally I would have already had plans for next 2-3 weekends but since I have been tired and needing a break from everything that means my social calendar is pretty bare and I have agreed to some outings here amd there. So now i have dinners on Saturday and Sunday, and one next week, and then i get annoyed because i feel there’s no escape. I want to just curl up in bed.

And i have been off plan this week and have gained back the little i had lost. I feel like the world is working against me, and then i feel like a brat and try to think of the positives.
I’ve always been anxious and depressed but in the past year or so i have become very irritable and exasperated.

So, for the positives:
1) I will have some dinners where i am not going to stick to plan, but I don’t have to go crazy. If I have 2 meals a month that i go off plan that isn’t an excuse to ruin the whole month.
2) I have been taking more time to relax, it doesn’t make me an antisocial person; i have been going through a lot and need a time out for my mental health
3) I have been doing great at work
4) I love being able to make my own choices. Freedom is #1. Now i just need to make the best choices for myself..
5) oh and tomorrow is my monthly massage appointment so i am looking forward to that. My back is aching.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 02-08-2018 at 10:21 PM.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #32
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/146/145

Height: 5' 6"

what a nice response from hummingbird lady to marymo

PandaCupcake - oh my gosh.. that is very upsetting about your friend..did you go today, or find out anything?? best wishes to him .. and you!!

Here is the snow I want to send to Lisa so she may enjoy it's beauty Yes it is pretty I guess, once it's all taken care of, and we can get out of the driveway! we do this with a little electric snowthrower, and by hand. It is very good exercise actually, and I'm glad I can do it and not be sore the next day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowy.jpg (29.8 KB, 9 views)

My program - Watching portions and trying to avoid empty carbs; at-home workouts
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!
VermontMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa - wow scrubbing the floor by hand!!! you are determined!! and I applaud your sense of doing the right thing, of leaving your apartment in a nice state

do you have a date of when you are out of the apartment and into your new home?

Oh and Lisa, I WISH i could send you some of our snow it is still coming down hard, at one point this afternoon it was an inch an hour We spent a couple hours clearing the driveway, then decided to come in for supper and leave the rest for tomorrow. We were slated to get 6" to 12".

Eddie the dog was so cute outside while we were shoveling, he would start digging wildly with his front paws and plunge his head into the snow, when he brought up his head, his face was covered with snow except for around his eyes, nose and mouth, so he had the mask effect going on so cute.

It is getting harder and harder to put up with the RB and the young irresponsible co-worker but I will bite my tongue , continue to think my evil thoughts about them but say nothing, lol.
Send me snow, send me snow, miss Holly. It's snowed here once this winter.

I'm sorry your co workers suck. I'm a hot head, I'd lose it.

The movers are coming on Monday. Yay!!!! Not sure if I'll sleep over on Monday or wait until Tuesday. I'll still have to move the cats and that is a job.

Elvira does that in snow too. She gets it all over her nosey. So cute and funny.

Much love to you holly.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #34

Hi all,
My neighbors upstairs are building something and the hammering noise is going to give me a headache.
I’m a bit aggravated that my friend on Thursday asked me to meet for dinner tonight and once I accepted it turned into dinner and a show and now we at meeting at 5. The show is at 10! Why are we meeting at 5? And he said drink at 5, then dinner at another place at 6. I don’t want to hang out for 7 hours. Plus travel time & cost going back and forth to all these destinations. Who eats dinner so early? And I’m not going to be drinking all night. I’m trying to lose weight. So I am very aggravated. I may literally be sitting at the bar with a glass of water. This is bs. I feel it is inconsiderate since he only asked 3 days ago and now he probably assumes I always have no plans.

I have no plans because I have been staying in bc my boyfriend/ex fiance is dying.
I’m just getting upset that I want to be left alone and people don’t get it.
I finally told some ppl what is going on so that they know why i am not around, yet they keep sending me invites and messages. I cannot escape and I cannot concentrate.

I thought i’d be ok heading out occasionally with some new friends, but assuming I want to be out for 7+ hrs is too much and making me very agitated.

Lisa,
The move sounds so exciting! I moved to my current place 5 months ago and for the most part am settled in.
Moving can be stressful but change is good.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #35

I survived the long evening. My ex? texted me hello right before i headed in to the theater, so I couldn’t respond.
My scale went up a lb, though I guess that may be sodium.

My scale has a fat percentage feature that I forgot about, so I will start tracking that.
I’m also taking daily vitamin because I am worried about the anemia concerns the dental hygienist had- plus in general several doctors throughout the years have brought up this concern. Blood tests are usually ok but I will bring this up with my dr when I have my annual appt. I’m taking a multi vitamin, plus a vitamin c, biotin, and b12.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #36

Hello ladies.

I am so incredibly tired. This is going to be a short post.

The mover is coming at 8:30 in the morning. I'll probably get up at 6 am.

I still have a few things to do. Tape up boxes, etc. It's only 6: 30 pm and after my movie is over, I'm crashing.

Night, everyone.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 02-11-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #37
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/146/145

Height: 5' 6"

PandaCupcake - so sorry to hear of what's happening with the ex bf best wishes to him and you

Lisa - good luck with Moving Day!

best wishes and love to all here

even with my SuperBowl food cheats, and various cheats through the week, i am maintaining at 144.5. My lowest in YEARS!! and I feel GOOD!!

My program - Watching portions and trying to avoid empty carbs; at-home workouts
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!
VermontMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #38

Great work Holly!

It's official. The scale went up again. But on a positive note, that still means I have lost 2.4 lbs since starting my weight loss journey this month. That is a step in the right direction and even though it could have been a couple more pounds if I hadn't regained, I have to remember it's only been 1.5 weeks.
I am going to push myself to begin exercising this week. I know it will keep my mind off things and make me feel better. I used to love going; it's just restarting/the beginning/getting myself out the door that is the hardest.

Looking forward to hearing about Lisa's move and settling into her new home.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Great work Holly!

It's official. The scale went up again. But on a positive note, that still means I have lost 2.4 lbs since starting my weight loss journey this month. That is a step in the right direction and even though it could have been a couple more pounds if I hadn't regained, I have to remember it's only been 1.5 weeks.
I am going to push myself to begin exercising this week. I know it will keep my mind off things and make me feel better. I used to love going; it's just restarting/the beginning/getting myself out the door that is the hardest.

Looking forward to hearing about Lisa's move and settling into her new home.
I don't have time to post, panda but my Dr told me water weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs. I trust her.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #40

I was feeling pretty good until I walked out to the car and back. Jeebus I'm exhausted. I don't have much but I've filled the element up twice today. The mover moved the big stuff. I didn't have the cash for him to make two trips.

My back hurts but I have to go back in the morning. They want me out. I'm hoping by morning I'll feel better.

I think the pets like the new place. The youngins are playing and old man Buggy isn't hiding. That's kind of a good sign.

I think I'm going to move the couch but not until I recover from this move.

Ok, I've rattled on long enough. Much love to all. Sweet dreams.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #41

Hi everyone,

Lisa I hope you’re having a less hectic day.

My weight dropped a bit. My mini goal is to lose 2.4 additional pounds in next couple weeks, by end of the month. Tonight I have a work mtg and I always dread evening meetings.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #42

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hi everyone

This is going to be a short post, I'm exhausted and wrapping up at work, but I'll be back in the a.m. to check in and read up on everyone. I've missed ya'll! (Does 3FC have an app? That would be much more convenient, LOL!)

I hope everyone is doing well

So... I GOT A NEW JOB! I begin February 26th and the last day at my current job will be this upcoming Tue the 20th. I'm very excited, albeit nervous. I'm kind of sad to be leaving my current job because I have been here on and off since 2008 (10 years, wow!) I will miss my coworkers and clients, dearly. But, instead of an hour and 15 minute commute (on a good day) each way - I'll have a 30 to 40 minute commute. And no more working hap hazard hours. I'll be working 8a-5p M-F. I'll miss having my Friday's off though, I admit. I'm moving from my current counseling position into mental health and co-occurring disorders case management.

Well, I'm wrapping things up at work now, and heading home for the evening. Back to it early in the a.m.

Goodnight everyone

I am recovered from Bulimia since 2005, but over the years became obese for various reasons. In December of 2013 I was diagnosed with Cancer at the age of 32. It was a real eye-opener to me that I needed to take care of myself better. Thus began my weight loss journey. At the beginning of my journey I did low carb. I've also done IF. My weight loss began to plateau, so currently I am following WW until I reach my UGW of 180lbs.

"A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins With a Single Step" ~Lao Tzu
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:09 PM   #43

Congrats Jesikabeth on your new job!
Old 02-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #44
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/180/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile I'm back!

So, I spent a good portion of my evening catching up on posts since I last posted... a month ago! So sorry it's been so long! I know I always apologize, but I never intend to stay away so long. Life always somehow happens and I get sidetracked for awhile! Along with our normally busy lives, my mom (who is very active but will be 84 in April) had some recent heart scares and trips to the ER over the past month. She ended up having to have a stent put in during a heart catheterization procedure about 3 weeks ago. There was 85% blockage in one of her arteries. Thank God she got in to the cardiologist in time and was taken care of before anything more serious happened!

I have finally begun to work out again! I'm still not as consistent as I want to be (but getting there) and I want to gradually increase the number of days I work out each week while maintaining consistency. But at least I've peeled myself out of my recliner in the evenings (that's my preferred workout time) and hopped on the treadmill or the elliptical. I carry small weights when I walk on the treadmill. (I'm not a runner.) I always feel so good afterward. I need to remember that feeling as motivation to get started the next time. My eating has remained pretty good for the most part. In general, I don't get as hungry as I used to, which has been a pleasant change for me. Don't get me wrong, I still have my craving moments, but I have somehow managed to keep my hunger under control for several months now. I think it is my focus on only eating when I am really and truly only physically hungry. That has been key for me. I have managed to shed the 5 pounds I put on over Christmas. Now, to keep up with consistent exercise and healthy eating for an extended period of time..... always the challenge, right?

Hello to everyone and a big to our new group members! It's great to see some new faces around here! Lisa and Holly, thank you so much for keeping the group moving along, as always!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:25 AM   #45
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/180/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Lisa: First of all, a huge CONGRATULATIONS on losing 26 pounds since October!!!!!! That is a terrific accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself!

Oh my gosh, I was so very sad to read about Hank the dog being so sick and then that Jennifer had to put him down. And I hated to hear that she felt so guilty about everything. I admire her for taking Hank in as a senior, especially since he was blind. That takes a very special person, and I'm sure he gave her lots of love in return. She sounds like a wonderful dog mom, and I am SO happy that she is devoting her huge heart to another adopted pup, Stella!!! What breed (or breeds) is Stella? How old is she? Having Stella will help Jennifer's heart to heal quicker from the loss of Hank for sure. New pups never take the place of an old one. But the love each one gives helps the heart to heal. For me, dogs are one of the greatest blessings on this earth!!!

I read about you finding out that you are anemic and that you are taking supplements every morning. Do you have to go in to get your blood rechecked at some point? How have the headaches been? Did you ever get an EKG? Haha... just trying to keep you on your toes! I just want you to be happy and healthy, Lisa! You can tell me to mind my own beeswax if ya want!

Another big CONGRATULATIONS on your mobile home!!! You said that the pets seem to like the new place, which is great. How about you? How are you settling in? I hope this will be a positive change for you and will help to lighten your financial burden. Are you still living in the same area as before or did you change locations?

Happy to hear that you are writing in your journal almost every day. I hope that has been therapeutic for you. It always helps me to write out my feelings. I don't do it nearly often enough anymore. There was a time many years ago when journaling was my lifeline. It really helps.

How did your physical therapy appointment go on the 12th? I sure hope and pray that it will be helpful for you. I have needed physical therapy for my right hip/upper thigh for over 2 years now, but I keep putting it off. It hurts.

Thank you so much for keeping this group going, as always! I so appreciate your constant presence. It is such a comfort to log on and see your posts.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote