Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #1  

Default January 2018 Ups & Downs Thread

Hi all, welcome to the first thread of 2018!

For any newbies, please feel free to join us
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year, my friends!

Here's hoping for health, happiness and peace.

Monica
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:32 AM   #3  
full of thanks

And to you, Monica. May we all be blessed with a wonderful 2018. I'm so happy to share it with all of you.

It's been a rough couple of days. We've not had much to eat, I'm even out of cat food. Today, the cats had bologna, which they loved. Tomorrow, I'm going to see if the food bank is open. I get paid on the 3rd.

I've almost got my dining area cleared of moving boxes. I'm keeping everything together in my spare bedroom.

I've applied for metro housing. Hopefully, sometime in the next year I'll be up for help with rent. I may have to move to another, cheaper apartment, hence my keeping everything in boxes, together in one area. I don't think metro will help with a 2 bedroom apartment. I'll have to move to a 1 bedroom which is no biggie.

If metro helps me make rent, that will free up my own money, which would be a gift from God. I am already blessed but that would be extra blessed.

One thing I need to do is get Lily and Sasha fixed. Poor baby sashie is in heat right now. I feel so bad but I promised them both, we had a little talk, that I would get them both fixed asap. Hank and Buggy are both fixed so no baby kitties.

I'm reading a really good book.
I used to not be able to read, I felt too wired. Since I moved, I've been able to start reading again, the first time in a very long time. Yay for me.

Not much more to say here. I've blabbering on long enough.

Miss you all.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 01-02-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:40 AM   #4  
full of thanks

Oh my gosh, I missed Coop. How could I have done that.

Hi Coop. *waves*

I think I'm losing it. *head smack*
Old 01-02-2018, 06:21 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Oh my gosh, I missed Coop. How could I have done that.

Hi Coop. *waves*

I think I'm losing it. *head smack*
I didn't even notice

Sorry you're struggling so much financially Lisa, money problems are so stressful. I hope the food bank can help you until you get paid.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #6  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I didn't even notice

Sorry you're struggling so much financially Lisa, money problems are so stressful. I hope the food bank can help you until you get paid.
It's OK, Coop. I'll be all right. Somehow someway, I do OK.

I've been getting some much needed work, around the apartment, done. I've brought some more stuff in from my vehicle. It may take me a year to get all my moving stuff out. LOL The thing is a mess.

I need a hair cut. I look like sasquatch.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Coop thank you for starting the January 2018 thread!

Hi Monica!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
I need a hair cut. I look like sasquatch.

good to hear you making jokes Lisa! and glad to hear you are enjoying reading again. Hoping so much though that the money situation improves and you don't feel that pressure.

I have today off!! it's my first day off since Christmas Day worked 50 hours last week but I survived and even felt up to doing a long workout just now. I already had my 2 cups of coffee by 7 and picked up the living room and vacuumed.

Many other rooms need attention but next will be shoveling outside, we only got maybe an inch or two last night but it needs addressing. Also, it is a BALMY 8 degrees out there, I want to take advantage of that, yesterday we made records broken at -29F!! not wind chill, that was still temperature!! Our kitchen pipes frozen for about an hour but we got them going again with extra heat.

Also need to do laundry and plan some meals.

Hi to everyone and please visit

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-03-2018 at 09:24 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #8  

I've been bedridden for the last 4 days with stomach flu I'm starting to forget what outside looks like!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I've been bedridden for the last 4 days with stomach flu I'm starting to forget what outside looks like!
oh that's awful!! hope you feel better SOON Coop!!

Hi to everyone else!

we got a dump of snow last night, I just came in from shoveling for 2 HOURS . sure glad I can do it. and I count it towards my exercise goal for the month!

last night I cracked open a Blue Hubbard squash that we grew, I had read that these things last 6 months and it sure was in good condition. HARD rind!! but so delicious when baked, I ate a piece right away with salt and pepper, and then turned the rest of it into a big pot of soup. I love to eat things that we grow!!

My boss is giving me a hard time about taking next Saturday off for my annual fundraiser/raffle, because it means his wife has to work a double and it might be super-busy, I don't care!! I have worked doubles to cover for HER!! when she has gone on ski vacations!! I have worked doubles, I have adjusted my schedule at the drop of a hat, I have worked Easter, CHristmas Eve, New Years Day without a complaint, I will stick to my guns. Problem is that he's pressuring a co-worker to work on her day off, because of me . it's not my fault that they are continuously short staffed and it really hits them when someone is out. Besides, they've been telling us for months that they're selling the place, I have no security, I don't care!!

OK rant over hope you all have a good day!!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #10  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Happy New Year, everyone! Wishing us all happiness, weight loss, and overall good health in 2018!

Coop: So sorry you are feeling awful! I hope you feel better SOON!

Lisa: Sorry you are dealing with financial issues. I hope you will be able to get the assistance you need. How is the low carb eating coming along?

Holly: Wow! You are a working machine! I say that your boss's wife needs to suck it up and work her double shift like YOU have done many times... for her even!!! Yes, stick to your guns and don't cave to his pressure!

Monica: Thank you for your constant support and prayers! I so appreciate it! When do your renovation projects begin? It sure sounds like you have been keeping busy, too. It's always good to hear from you.

Jessica: Do you have any updates for us? I forget... what was your motto for 2018? Was it confidence? I hope your stress has eased up a bit. Sending a HUGE congrats on succeeding with not smoking!!! Keep it up! You ~ and your health ~ are so worth it!

Things are good with me for the moment. We spent a lot of time with my sisters-in-law over Christmas, and they are both terrific cooks, so there was tons of delicious food everywhere. I pigged out! Ate more than I have in a LONG time. Fortunately, the scale only went up a few pounds. I am determined to get it back off quickly. I've been working out a little more often lately. A big improvement over not working out at all! So hopefully I can get my act together and keep it together in the new year. I need to remember my own advice about focusing on PROGRESS rather than perfection. I am another year older as of December 4th, and it always sucks to plug in my new age in our treadmill... but at least I'm still kickin'!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:45 PM   #11  

holly it's just a fact of owning your own business that sometimes you need to plug gaps and work a bit harder, so your boss' wife shouldn't be complaining. You're right to stick to your guns! I hope everything goes well with the fundraiser

kathleen I'm glad you're having a good spell, and had a lovely Christmas Happy Birthday for December 4th!
Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #12  

I am feeling a bit better now, still nothing like 100% - I've been off work, eating a diet of toast and popcorn. At least I've lost all my Christmas weight, so there are some silver linings
Old 01-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

Coop - very glad to hear you are a little better, but what a crummy way to lose some weight!

HI to everyone else!! are you all experiencing the horrible cold?? this morning it dipped down to -24 F, that's air temp, not wind chill. It's only 'up' to -18 now at 9:30 a.m.! thank goodness my car has been starting though it doesn't want to

and my work situation about next Saturday is resolved, a part time employee offered to work that day, bless her heart!!! I'm gonna buy her a $10 gas card because I am so relieved.

Sun is shining which is beautiful but soooo cold!!!
Old 01-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

so very great to hear from our beloved Kathleen !!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello Everyone, Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had a good new year so far

I ran (or, didn't ring, actually) in the New Year being very sick. I had a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, and double pink eye! My wife was also sick with the flu. Yea, we were a hot mess

BUT, we made our own New Year this past weekend and stayed up just as if it were NYE. That was nice.

Started back on Weight Watchers yesterday. Since gaining 40-ish pounds back over the last year, it's time to lose this weight once and for all. 2017 was the year to quit smoking, 2018 is the year to finally get to my goal weight

As for emotionally, they are still increasing one of my meds (mood stabilizer) since having had to take me off several d/t serotonin syndrome this past September. I see my psychiatrist on Friday, and she'll likely increase and I'm hoping to continue to feel more stable. Oh, AND my therapist of 20 years moved to Arizona last week. We'll be continuing to see each other over Skype/Webcam (once she gets settled), but I'm pretty bummed about it (although, happy for her.)

The 1 year anniversay of my mom's death is coming up: 1/20. I'm feeling a lot of different things about that...

Anyways just checking in.

Be back soon to read back on everyone's posts!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote