Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say "Hi"
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Take care.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

did walk the dog. I have pilates tonight, have missed the last two weeks for other stuff, so will be good and go. People have been noticing the weight loss, but I think the yoga and pilates have been toning me too, so all in all I think I do look better. But I agree, the short days are hard, time to get out the go-light. I also bought a wii today, and have sent DH out to get the wii fit for my Christmas gift, and I got DanceDance Revolution for my daughter!
Ha, we'll exercise the blues away.
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 AM   #18  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Judo: I hope the meds do wonders for your hubby. You are still in my prayers.

Heather: Best wishes on getting back on track. I can't even imagine what that is like.

My bad habits are not doing me any favors. I'm napping away what little free time I have, which should be spent studying or cleaning my house. All I want to do is sleep. I'm thinking if I don't start some short workouts I'm not going to break this cycle and my mom is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. Sleeping all day won't be an option then, unless I want to be a terrible host. Also I'm a couple of chapters behind in class and our final is next week. I have to be awake to catch up. Ok, I'm rambling.

Night, night.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #19  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Thanks all - I did eat well yesterday, but I didn't run. I'm fighting a cold - and that's THIS week's excuse... it's amazing the excuses I can find!!

I know what the problem is... my body has discovered that it can maintain at this weight, and pretty much (honestly!) eat whatever it likes... even if I gain two or three (or five!) pounds, I can lose that again in under a week. Unfortunately, gaining and losing the SAME five pounds has kept me where I am. What I NEED to do is get to goal, and THEN eat to maintain... so why CAN'T I? Or is it a 'won't'?

Those of you who know me, I sometimes think it's all tied up in my personal life... suppose I get to the magical 'goal' that seemed impossible for so many years, and nothing changes?? And I know it won't - !

That said, there must be a reason that so many struggle with 'the last 20 pounds' - there's even books on it - hahaha.

Well, that aside, I hope I can stick with eating well and slowly get back to running - I still want to do the marathon next year!

It is a tiring time of year, and I do recall this time last year marking the beginning of struggling... bingeing and so on... and I think we just crave comfort food as it gets colder and darker... I know *I* do!!

All for now - to Hope -
Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 11-14-2008 at 08:15 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #20  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I've had a very very stressful few days. I've been charged a stupid ammount of money for delivery of some camera filters, which has overdrawn me and caused havoc within my bank account. My laptop with all of my college work and photography files and folders has stopped working and I can't find my disk to reinstall the softwarer. I cant afford to buy new software because I have no money left. And so all of this has me feeling very frustrated especially since I'm behind with my college work anyway.

And now two of my friends are having a tiff and getting me involved. One friend lent money and cant afford to give it back so is ignoring the other friend. Friend who wants her money back is lecturing me and making me send messages to my other friend who is then shooting the messenger (me) And I'm keeping my cool only just, I want to just shout at her to LEAVE ME ALONE!! She knew what this girl is like, shes usless with money and doesnt pay it back, so it's her own fault for lending her the money. The fact is I have my own problems and I can appreciate how angry she is, but I have enough to deal with right now! Grrrr. They're both my friends and I dont want to lose either of them ebcause of stupid childish behaviour or money.

Last edited by Spoz; 11-14-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #21  
Starting Again

I hope you all have a great weekend. I didn't give into my urge to nap today. Yay! Progress!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Red face Guess its time for one of my smiley posts!!!

Ok First its been a kinda rough day....FosterD got 10 day outta school suspension so had to deal with that. Even though I really wanted to completely flipped out I didn't. But its not going to be any stroll in the park she will get up the same time and get ready like normal and will do her school work and chores during school hours. Put it this way she has been putting off this typing program...by the time she goes back to school she will be an expert typer!!! Cause she is going to spend a LOT of time typing!!! HEHE

Ok Lets see who and where to start....

Hope- That is awesome I didn't get to nap today either. It is very very hard in winter to not nap cause somedays there is NO sun and its dreary all day long. I am not sure if with being at the hospital for the birth of my nephew threw me off but I have had some lazy days this week... Keep up the fight. Schedule yourself a day or two that your allowed to nap and thats it...like weekends or Mondays to catch up from the weekend and a mid week nap!!! Or just go cold turkey!! I know once I lay down I dont wanna get back up!!

Spoz-WOW is all I gotta say....That has got to completely suck. I know the bank thing and that in itself is a complete stresser. I did that in college once or twice and wanted to just bawl....Then with your school work and the laptop....plus your friends...yeah you have every reason to be stressed...I hope things get a lil better for you in this next week!!

Heather-I dont know much about the last 20lbs cause I am trying to get to my first 20 lbs and I am hitting a wall completely because i am tooo stupid and just keep running into it over and over...instead of doing what I need to to get around it...why is it we do that?? This time of year does NOT help. COOKIE time...in our house during the winter the only thing to do at night is to bake cookies, play games, and take baths.... I have got to stop now before I gain weight and gotta really start working out.

fatmad-I wish I could say I had some stuff bought for christmas..I am going to have to do it all at one time...I get like two checks at once I am going to have to take and go do it!!

Buddly & Sassy - Hey how are you guys....Haven't heard much from you guys lately..

I really miss all the old regulars.....A lot of you guys are sooo busy and forget about the chicks!!! Well we miss you well atleast I MISS You!!!you guys are loved!!

Ok I am going to desperately try to go to sleep but I am sooooo not tired...and I dont know why!!

p.s. last night I resisted the urge to make sandwich when I was going to bed cause i wasnt hungry for it just wanted it and I am drinking water right now instead of soda!!! LOL Gotta start somewhere

Last edited by momof4under5; 11-15-2008 at 02:02 AM.
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning all........

I have no idea why I am up this early.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #24  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Hi everyone, nothing happening here, sosdd. Disney was great, can't wait to go back some day Work is insane, deadlines, layoffs, etc... scary but I rest all my fears in my Lord who I know will comfort me.

I'm so glad to see you all

Heather, the last 20 is the toughest, thats where I messed up/gave up and started going in the opposite direction so darling give it all you have but mostly don't get frustrated or beat yourself up like I did. Good to see ya hon.

JudoMom I pray the trial meds work for your DH, I think about you guys all the time. I work in research and I know how our oncology group is racing for cures... I pray they do 8 lbs to goal, CONGRATS you really amaze me girl. Luv yah !!

Hope could it be SAD? thats making you sleep so much lately? have you thought about light therapy. It always seems like we are always battling one thing or another

Sassy, girl whats shakin? how's work?

Mom sorry to hear about FDD, its rough being a teen.

Spoz sorry to hear about your computer crappin out on you. I know nothing about the innard of a PC, just like my car, I put gas and just go. TG my DH knows about both or I'd be you know where w/out a paddle. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Amarie good for you for getting back on track, that has to be one of the hardest things to do. How's work?

Fatmad let me know how you like the Wii, I'm interested in getting it as one big gift for the family this year. I'm hoping my 7 year old can get into it.

Ann Welcome !!!!!

Liz WOW GIRL !! good to see you.. how are you? missed you lots.

Buddly how are you dearie? how are the kids?

Sorry if I missed anyone, you know I luv yah

Have a great weekend !! Leenie

Cathy

Last edited by Leenie; 11-15-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone,
I've been so-so. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do my walking this week. I have to learn that I can't do that, I need to do something.
Anyway it feels like winter is making some headway. We had snow and freezing rain yesterday and last night. I had to drive DdA to work this morning as she was nervous about driving her car on the roads. I guess she had a near miss with a logging truck yesterday coming home from school. This way neither of us have to worry.
Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #26  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default winter blahs

buddly I hear you, we have MORE rain today, and its colder, it will freeze tonight and turn into snow. Glad I got my winter tires on yesterday.
Have slept really well the last 2 nights, so that helps a bit, and so does having my older daughter visit for the weekend.
Started a food diary today, and starting a blog I hope.
best wishes for the next week everyone.
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Hope4me & Leenie thanks so much for your well wishes. We are so very hopeful, as well. He is having a lot of fatigue and blurry vision, both of which are side effects of the meds, but also symptoms of the cancer, so it's worrisome having to wait. The next appt where we will find out if the med is working or not is Dec. 18th. I am taking the day from work and will go with him to the city for that appointment.

I'm down one more pound, though the Lord only truly knows why. I ate myself silly (chocolate) yesterday and I'm not even a chocoholic!! It was the sugar I was after.. I feel awful today (physically).. like a hangover. Maybe that's a good thing, because there are still some choc-peanut butter cups left from my gluttony last night. I literally ate til I felt sick from the sugar. Not good... I haven't lost it like that in a long long time.. probably well over a year.

Everyone I am so bad at addressing individuals in my posts just as so many of you are so good at doing that. I think it is so great you do that. Please don't think I'm not thinking of any of you or not hoping things will go better when you are facing struggles.

I am off to the city now. DH is already there and I'm joining him. We're making a bit of a "get away" this weekend. I just wish I was in a better state physically (tummy is still upset) and I was in a better head space. I work really hard to keep it together when I'm around him. He doesn't need to be worrying about my mental state, that's for sure!!

Take care... see you Monday.

Last edited by JudoMom; 11-15-2008 at 03:03 PM.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #28  
Starting Again

Where are my peeps?

It was a long day at work today. My stomach wasn't feeling too well. I think I've convinced myself to go back to waiting tables. I really didn't want to but I would probably almost double what I make now and I can't continue to be this broke. I don't know when I'll be able to get a 'real job' with the economy the way it is so I think I'll just bite the bullet and look for a restaurant job after Thanksgiving.

This week is my last week of tax class and I can't wait for it to be over. Having said that I've got to go and

Last edited by hope4me; 11-16-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

hope-yeah I know like no one has hardly even been on...in a week we have only used two pages....wow...right
Working tables do you make more than mim wage then?? Just wondering I thought before about doing that cause I am a people person...

Well a kinda down day just have a hard time..but I am sure it will pass...ok lata gonna try to go sleep...
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning.

Work is going fine..........nothing exciting going on except the power flickered on and off about 4 times lastnight! lol.

I got my hair chopped off and highlighted and bought new make-up and everything!!! I just needed a change.

TTFN!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote