Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #31  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm here! now your lives are complete right? Oh, I slay myself!!

Nothing new here. I'm tired, but doing okay.

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #32  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Momof4: Usually, servers only make around $2.15 an hour plus tips. Most people don't know that and believe they at least make min. wage plus tips. That may explain some crappy tips that many leave. Usually though if you get into the right place you can do very well and with tips make much more than minimum wage (and much more than a retail job). Just judging from your personality on here I think you would do great! Plus you could have some time away from the kids.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. The girl taking over the supervisor position at work didn't show so I posted for it today. I don't know what I would make if I got it. If it was decent pay I would probably stay at least till I get a job in my field. I need to wait till this tax class is over before I make any moves since my schedule is so packed.

Well, bedtime for me. Goodnight...
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #33  
Starting Again

Guys, seriously, where are you folks?

I feel particularly hideous today for some reason.

I gotta play pool tonight though I don't really want to be seen. I'll check in with you all later and some of you better show by then.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #34  
Skinny Inside

I'm new to this chat - what gives?
yogajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #35  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Hope honestly you aren't alone. Sorry you aren't feeling so great. I hope you enjoy pool tonight. Sometimes just getting out helps.

Welcome yogajane! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

I'm feeling rather beastly today as well. It was nice and sunny out, but quite cool. We did get above freezing tho but we are suppose to go down to -11*C (12*F) I've been driving DdA to the university as the roads are slippery and after her near miss on Friday she's still nervous.
Oh well tomorrow is another day!

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 PM   #36  
Skinny Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddly View Post
Welcome yogajane! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

K
Thanks! This is such a great community!
yogajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Hope-I know I kinda quit checking here as much because I feel stupid posting to myself....I guess everyone is getting into a busy time of year

BLAH BLAH BLAH...how I feel...Kinda feel like life sucks...I am fat...I don't ever get any alone time unless I run to the store for five minutes...I wouldnt care if it was to just drive for an hour...my dh dont understand that. I tell him he has alone time cause he drives for over 2 hours a day....he has no children in the car asking him a hundred questions, screaming, crying, or fighting...nothing....its like my mind never quits I dont get time to settle down. My kids are not on a good sleeping schedule. My 2 yr old wont go to sleep with anyone but me...if she goes to sleep with her father she will wake up and come down to where I am. Like nothing really bad happened today but I want to just bust out in tears....I cant go ALLLL day from the time I wake up till the time I lay my head down with kids driving me insane...and I try to set stuff up to get out and change things but nothing sticks...its done for a little while then left alone.....Plus tom is to be coming soon and this is the bad cycle where I want to eat everything in site and very aggitated, moody, hormonal.....go figure.....I think I am going to apply at blockbuster for just a seasonal thing I am in there almost every night and they said they always hire the regulars cause they are more friendly...so I talked to the manager tonight and he told me when to apply and stuff so hopefully that will work give a me an out for a month or soo....ok well I am going to go smash my head off the wall and cry for a while...I will check back later and reply to myself...YA!!

Last edited by momof4under5; 11-19-2008 at 01:05 AM.
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello all.

Sorry I haven't been as "chatty" lately just I dunno........not much to say I suppose.

Heather -- yes our lives are now complete! lol. Nothing new with me either. lol.

momof4: Big Hugs Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time right now. Good Luck with the job!

Hope --Like buddly stated, you are not alone. Sorry your feeling bad.

Buddly -- Hello there! Brrrr!!! and here I thought our measly 30 degrees was cold! Stay warm!

All Newbies!

Take Care!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #39  

Good Morning
Its good to see a little activity in here.
I'm in a real negative place right now. Just terrified, of what... the unknown? the future? change? I just don't feel like I can keep going and yet there is no alternative. I've been avoiding most news as I find that pulls me down. But its gone into the normal slow time for my hubby's work, which of course I'm now worrying, what if it doesn't pick back up? And I made the mistake of talking to my father last night. He's always so negative and I got sucked in. And of course rational thinking doesn't help at all. It just keeps going on. And I feel guilty as there are people with real problems and real tragedies and they carry on and here I am paralized with fear with what my mind can imagine.
I just don't know, maybe a good cry and a good sleep and things will look better. Sorry for putting this here, but I needed to get it out somewhere.

Momof4, I'm sorry things are so stressful for you right now. Good luck with the job. I know just getting out for a few hours is a big sanity booster. I actually(with encouragement) took my resume down to the vet hospital as they've been advertising for a part-time receptionist. It would be nice to get away from the grease.

Sassy good to see you. Are you still looking into a career change? I miss reading your chatty posts. And it did get down to -10*C last night, yuck!

Hope, I hope you are feeling better today, how did pool go last night?

yogajane yes, this is a great community and this is a wonderful little corner of it full of extremely kind and supportive people. Not sure how I would manage without it.

Well I'm feeling somewhat exhausted so I better go before I start rambelling on about nothing again.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day,
K
Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Hi all.

Well I feel like crap. I dunno what the problem is whether it is hormonal or what, but I am sweating like a pig and feel awful! I know gross right?! I am going to do some searching tomorrow for an ob/gyn and get this problem fixed because it is ridiculous! lol.

Buddly -- Yes I am still searching for a new job. I applied to another position at the Children's Hospital that DH works at. He says it can take time for the hiring process and all, so I am going to the job site weekly and searching, not giving up.

Well you all have a good one!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #41  
Starting Again

OK, I've had a long hard day and nobody has been here again today. Is there a party that I don't know about? Did one of you hit the lottery and you all are on a long cruise?

I had my last tax class today. She handed out our final exams and I finished tonight. But even better, a position opened up at an insurance company and they have already been in contact with me. I went this afternoon and took their preliminary test where they decide if you are a moron or not and I passed. I guess I fooled them, huh. I'm emailing them my resume tonight. It seems like so much happened in the last 24hours, I'm just glad it's over.

I have to admit, my low self esteem reared it's ugly head today when I had to dress up and go for the test/initial meeting. It's so hard to dress a fat body and not look sloppy. Guess I need to start thinking about and facing the healthy eating thing again.

Hope you all had a good day.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #42  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi, I'm just going to go ahead and jump in here. I had a panic attack today at work just feeling miserable and ugly in front of ppl...these feelings, depression and sa are part of my disorder I guess the good thing is I didn't go right for the chocolate like I thought I would...I hope everyone has a good rest of the week
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #43  
Starting Again

Big hugs Butterfly Nice to meet you.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #44  

Hi everyone!

Yay Hope! Good news all over for you!! Good to hear that you had your last tax class, but even better about the job interview

Welcome Butterfly! Looking forward to getting to know you better. This is a great little community.

Not to much new here. Hubby didn't work again today, but I did. It went alright. I get to go in an hour early tomorrow as the girl who was working graveyard just up and quit so the manager who usually works during the day has to cover that shift until she can find someone. Still feeling terrified, but trying to convince myself that life does go on and things do work out one way or another.

Well take care everyone, only one more day till the weekend!
K
Old 11-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #45  
~Believe~

Morning.

I am going to attempt to get some cleaning done today as well baking cookies (not for me for a friend). So we shall see. Here lately I have done a whole lot of nothing.

to all.