Old 11-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #106  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

The best way is thru chicken breast(skinless). It is lowfat and packed with protein! If you want you can take a look at my fitday today. That is what I am going to be having planned. If you like shakes, you may want to try that too. The slimfast one I drink has 10 grams, the atkins one I get sometimes is 15 with an extra benefit of having less carbs too. Just remember carbs are good for you too. I generally try to get 50 % of my cals from that a day, but the whole wheat carbs like brown wheat bread, brown rice, etc. In my fitday I just noticed my van de kamp bread has 5 grams of protein in each slice! The lowfat turkey and ham i am having is also good on protein!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #107  
I AM healthy!

dollypie:

Quote:
Jasmine, How do you make your enchiladas? To make mine a little more healthy I will defrost some frozen spinach and put that in them to get a green veggie. Also I will diced tomatoes to put in the them or to sprinkle on top. If I am in a super healthy mode I use half the amount of chicken and open a can of whole black beans, rinse them and put them in the middle. Just a suggestion. I also only use mozzarella cheese b/c it has 5g of fat versus 9g of fat in cheddar.
Well it depends, last time I was only going to use 16 corn shells and one layer but my daughter started on them before I got in the house! She used 20! I was going to use like 20 oz of chicken but she dumped all of it in and made an extra layer, so 26 oz of chicken! I did have her shred half a pound of mozarella and half a pound of cheddar though, 1 can of olives. Oh my gosh they were good!!

That sounds like a good idea with the spinach. I have been quite scared of it lately though cause of all the recalls though! But the black beans sounds really good. I have made regular beans befor e but never black.

Quote:
I also only use mozzarella cheese b/c it has 5g of fat versus 9g of fat in cheddar.
Yeah I know its crazy! Thats why I spilt it 50/50 and I try to just use mozz on tacos and burrit nites. Thanx for the recipe hun! I think next time I might add some beans if nothing else just as a filler on the side!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #108  
I AM healthy!

Alright everyone I am scared. When I looked in the fridge this a.m. to do my fruit smoothie. There are two portions of lasagna left!!! *runs and screams*

P.S. It looks VERY yummy!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #109  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up

Hi! I want to join!

1. Weight at last weigh in: 221
2. I will work out for an hour daily, walking, yoga/pilates, tae-bo, dancing, whatever...Plus i will strength train at least 3 days per week.
3. I have been eating 2 lean cuisine/ WW meals daily and trying to take it light on the 3rd meal. i am attempting to find my WW points books so i can do that again.

IF I DO THIS I WILL BE HOT BY SUMMER!!!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #110  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Jasmine~ your right...i should. Friday I will see how long it takes to walk a mile. Today's exercise was CLEANING. Hard floors, carpets, kitchen and laundry....Tomorrow will be bathrooms, bedrooms and yard. My daughters birthday party is tomorrow once all the to do's are done with that comes the REAL exercise.
17 points left .....dinner will be a piece of cake not really though....that will come tomorrow
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #111  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Peanut butter and tuna (packed in water) are really great protein sources too.

Jasmine....step away from the lasagne!!! LOL!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #112  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Okay I am tripping even 32 oz of coffee, black only adds 19 cals!
Yeah thats about it. When your said you had skipped entering it but not the cream I thought, "So?"
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #113  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

What's up ladies? I'm already doing a Thanksgiving challenge but when I heard that some of my challenge chicks, including my gal Jelly, was doing this challenge, I had to do it too! Hope to make even more friends in this thread!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #114  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Hi Shari. And welcome; the more the merrier. (And the more motivated!)
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #115  

What am I going to do? My birthday is coming up and friends and family want to treat me to lunch and dinner? SOS SOS SOS
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #116  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Sorry to make this short, but I'm in a rush. Still so much to do tonight!
Tonight is the starting of 3 goals:
1. Start planning my meals a day in advance, rather than every morning over breakfast as I have been doing. This gives me a little more time, and a chance to change anything before it's too late!
2. Tomorrow is the day I start adding fruit to my breakfast.
3. I joined Curves today, and tomorrow is my first appointment. To start I'll be doing a cardio/circuit routine for 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week. They said I could come in up to 5 days a week, but I'll stick with 3 for now. The days I go will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I know tomorrow is Thursday, so I will go tomorrow and Friday.

Here is my meal plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
1 cup Cheerios
1 cup 2% Milk
1/4 cup Grapes

Snack:
1 Lg Boiled Eggs
1 Kiwi Fruit
3 oz Medium Cheddar

Lunch:
1 cups Dino-getti
1 slice White Bread
1 tbsp Margarine

Snack:
1 sq Rice Crispy Treat
1 cup 2% Milk

Dinner:
1 cup Spaghetti
1/2 cup Sauce
1/4 cup Ground Beef

Snack:
1 cup Ice Cream
1 tbsp Chocolate Syrup

Water:
1500 mL

Exercise:
Gym:
Circuit - 30 min.
Walking:
10 min to Gym
5 min to Work
15 min to Home
20 min after Dinner

I know that I could stand to have more fruits and veggies in my diet, but right now I'm just working on getting in to the habit of weighing/measuring my food. Each week I will add something to my responsibility list, but I tend to get pretty lost if there is too much expected all at once

Jasmine: I do have measuring cups and measuring spoons, but today I bought a little $9.00 food scale (approx. $7.95 USD). I am all over premeasuring foods and freezing them, hehehe. I just couldn't stop! To just have all these premeasured foods ready to grab, and not having to worry right at that time about measuring. It's nice!!!

So I won't be checking in tomorrow morning (maybe a chance tomorrow night), but I will be back on Friday for my weekly weigh-in.

Have a good night!

~Mande

Last edited by martiniforme; 11-02-2006 at 12:38 AM.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #117  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

SugarBaby~ Take a breather. LOL!!! Just be creative with your choices. Chose a small salad with dressing on the side and some chicken and veggies. Or go for the steak and veggies with fruit on the side or a potato with all the trimmings on the side. You could do it. Only eat half of everything and take the rest home. If you have to ask for a doggy bag right away and put half in it. Oh yeah, and dirnk loys of WATER!!!

JasonsLea~ YAY!!!!!! Welcome!! We can do this!!!
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #118  

Hehe.... Thanks Jelly. *wipes sweat from brow* I was invisioning all the fatty foods that I love and wondering what in the world am I going to do. Thanks for the nice perspective check. I am still trying to drink water. I only get about 4 8oz glasses in a day. I get sort of nauseas when I drink water when I'm not thirsty. Chocolate makes me thirsty... LOL

Welcome SHARI!!!! Best of luck and blessings to you!

Way to go on joining Curves MANDE!!!! That's where I go to work out and so far I really like it. I try to work out for an hour but sometimes it's too boring. LOL Anyway, I have a tip for you if you'd like. We used to drink 2% milk but someone mentioned to me that you can change that to drinking skim milk by first doing half and half. For example, pour 1/2 of your 2% milk and 1/2 1% milk into a pitcher. You can't taste the difference but you save on calories and fat grams. Eventually you'll be drinking 1% milk and then when you're up to it you can do the same thing with the 1% milk and skim milk. Go it awhile mixing them half and half and pretty soon skim milk won't be terrible tasting. Anyway, just a thought.
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #119  
Melissa

Okay ladies, I'm gonna do it! Tomorrow morning when I get up with my daughter to get her ready for school (she's 11 so really she does it herself) instead of sitting on the computer doing posting I'm going to get on my elliptical instead! I havent been on that thing for months! But I'm gonna do it! I know I can do it, I deserve to do it! I'm worth doing it for!! I'll let ya know how it goes! Failure is NOT an option, I dont care if its even for 10 minutes I am going to get on that machine!!!

btw...Mande...WTG on your loss!!!! That is excellent news!! Keep up the great work!

~melissa
Old 11-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #120  
Melissa

Speaking of milk, do you have the Viva Skim Delight where you are? Its skim milk but it tastes just like 2%. I'm not sure why but its very different from the regular skim milk, it doesnt have that gray color either. My kids even love it and they LOVE milk!

~melissa