Old 11-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #256  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Okay well I walked 110 minutes yesterday! Hooray!

I did go and get nuts so I changed my menu.

1 apple
1 grapefruit
1 orange
2 big cups of coffee
5 tbs creamer
1 slimfast low carb shake
2 pieces of whole wheat bread
1 tbs of all natural peanut butter
1 tbs of ranch
1 srving of salad
.50 a tomato
.50 a cup of carrots
2 tsp of parmesan
7 oz boneless skinless chicken
1.5 oz of low salt cashews
1 serving of total cereal

Wound up at 1725 cals 34% fat, carbs were 38%/ protein was 27% Not bad!

Oh and by the way this a.m. I am now down to 215!!!! Whoohooo!! SO I have lost 4 pounds this month and 5 since we started the thread. Whoohoo!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #257  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hi Dolly! So glad to see ya back hun! That sounds like a wonderful trip! And all that walking is awesome!!! Whatever bad you did eat shouldn't of stuck to ya!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:17 PM   #258  
Goodbye Fat!

Thanks Jasmine...if I don't lose for Thanksgiving I will just be happy with maintaining.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #259  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good evening everyone! Just gearing up for dinner, thought I'd better check in. Well today has not gone as planned at all. I didnt get to the gym today because my youngest decided to play hookie, I could go when dh gets home but since I'm pretty darn sore (my toes especially) I think I'll take the night off the gym and just do my elliptical. Food wise I've stuck to plan with the exception of a snack of turkey meat and some craisins. Not too shabby! I'm looking forward to dinner. Pasta...pray for me! LOL I tend to overeat pasta. But its all healthy stuff, chicken breast tenders, yellow, red and green peppers, FF italian dressing and I got the Barilla Plus pasta that has the Omega 3 acids. YUMMo...to quote rachel ray! LOL!

Busy busy day again tomorrow!

Jasmine....excellent job on those exercise minutes woman!! You are just rockin!! The lean cuisine french bread pizzas are pretty tasty, I love the sauce its pretty robust. Of course I'd love to have 2 of em but portions portions right! LOL! Way to go on another loss!!! You are such an amazing inspiration to keep going!!

Welcome back Dolly!! and way to go on your vacation...40 miles!!! Whew!!! That is awesome!! Excellent job getting right back on track, sounds like your body was revolting the not so great choices! You can make it through those dinners, you are strong! Just remember moderation and portions! You can do it!!

Mande...how'd your day go? Busy days just throw me for a loop, I dont do well!

Sugarbaby...are you staying dry? I hope you got that gym visit in like you wanted to!

Tisha....excellent job maintaining!! As long as its not a gain!

Does anyone watch 30 minute meals with rachel ray? She did a 60 minute thanksgiving and one of her before dinner muchies was toasted chickpeas...they looked interesting, just wondering if anyone has ever tried them.

Okay time to get dinner going! Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #260  

I made it walking and to the gym today. Total exercise for today was at least 90minutes.
Did great on my diet too... hopefully that scale will budge.

MandeLooks like you're doing a great job with your diet and exercise. Keep it up Girl!
JasmineWell done on your weight loss!
Melissa It's been really wet here but I did manage to get the exercise in and then some. Your dinner sounds good. Did you manage to eat a healthy portion?
Dollypie Sounds like your vacation was fun and rewarding (exercise). 40 miles?? WOW! Good going.

Well, tomorrow I'm going to try for another 90 minutes of exercise. I'll be walking for 45 and working out at the gym for 45. Then I'm taking the kids in to have their pics done. DS said it looked like I was losing some weight. YAY! (That's cause I am... )
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #261  
Melissa

Well just to follow the rest of my day dinner did not go as planned, we just did leftovers, but I did great with my portions! Now to meet with the elliptical...will she do it!!?

Have a great night all!

~melissa
Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #262  
Melissa

BTW...way to go sugarbaby!!! You did GREAT with that exercise!! Good luck again tomorrow I have every faith you'll reach your goal! Kudos to your son for noticing all your hard work!!

~melissa
Old 11-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #263  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Jasmine:
Quote:
Hi Martini! Busy day eh babe?
Oh, dear. Hahaha, yes!!! Just had a ton of things to do, and got going late, peeyew!

Quote:
Oh and by the way this a.m. I am now down to 215!!!! Whoohooo!! SO I have lost 4 pounds this month and 5 since we started the thread. Whoohoo!!!
Congrats!!! That is soo good. Before you know it, you'll be in the 100's!!!!!!

Dolly: I responded to you in the 20-something's weekly chat

Melissa:
Quote:
I tend to overeat pasta.
When it comes to pasta, I try to eat slowly. I'm always tempted to just scarf it down. When I spend a good 30 or so minutes eating the pasta, it's like I can hear my body say enough. Well, eating most foods slowly, anyway. It kind of gives my body a chance to think about it and a little more time to decide

Quote:
Mande...how'd your day go? Busy days just throw me for a loop, I dont do well!
Surprisingly well! Haha. I never made it to the gym either, but I spent a good 35 or so minutes shoveling snow, which apparently burns more calories than circuit training, so hoorah! I will just have to go 3 days in a row I hate walking to the gym in the snow, its sooo cold out!

Quote:
Does anyone watch 30 minute meals with rachel ray? She did a 60 minute thanksgiving and one of her before dinner muchies was toasted chickpeas...they looked interesting, just wondering if anyone has ever tried them.
I've never seen the show, but I do know I love chickpeas. I think it might be you that likes to snack on humus and pita bread? Same deal! I could only imagine how good chickpeas roasted would be

Sugarbaby:
Quote:
Looks like you're doing a great job with your diet and exercise. Keep it up Girl!
Thanks I'm trying. And you guys are a HUGE help. Coming here and posting/reading really helps to keep me focused on my goals!

--

Well, as I've said, today was busy. Worked, then the MIL invited us over for dinner, Maui Ribs & Rice. I went over, tasted a bite of DF's, but didn't take any for myself. I just can not eat them knowing how much brown sugar is probably in the sauce, plus it's not a lean meat, she cooks it whole, fat and all! So I'm home now, and planning to proceed with my chicken and rice Or maybe I'll just make a chicken sandwich, that would be tasty, and wouldn't affect my carb intake since I was already planning on eating rice.

Damn, I want to buy a treadmill, but they are so bloody expensive! I don't want to buy a cheap one that will only last a couple months or so, and I need to get one that will allow my weight. I mean, the good ones are around $1200-2000+ CAD. GAH!

MIL bought me some cashmere socks, talk about nice and toasty warm!

So there's this cat roaming around our house (not sure if I mentioned it), and I finally found his owners. Turns out the woman is asthmatic, and the kitty is forced to live outside. Avg temps of -17C to -40+C. I can't have that! She was so excited when she found out Shaun and I wanted to adopt the kitty, and she is going to speak to her daughter and let me know. When I went out today, I saw the fresh paw prints in the snow, and I am just dying knowing the kitty is out in knee-high snow ((( I am going to leave my garage open a crack (separate from the house) so he can get out of the snow and wind. Also, today DF was at the shop and he saw a tiny little white kitten. He went to grab it, and it ran away. The shop isn't near any housing, so if he sees the kitty again, and it survives the night, he is going to bring it home.

That will be 4 cats in total, but Chimpy is 22, and Neda (2) needs some friends. Chimpy was adopted from the animal shelter 17 years ago, and a friend found Neda nursing kittens (she was just a little under a year herself) in a burned down house. All the kittens were adopted, but no one took Neda, so I did! hehe. What can I say, the DF and I are animal lovers, and lord knows we have enough people and room for the love and space kitties need

Wow, this turned in to a novel. Goodnight!

~Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:45 AM   #264  
Losing To Live

Umm, so I'm a keener, and here is my plan for tomorrow!

November 15, 2006
B: 1 srv Oatmeal, 1 md Banana
S: 100g LF Yogurt, 1 Kiwi
L:
1 cup Chkn&Rice Soup, apprx. 8 Baby Carrots (fresh)
S: 2 md Boiled Eggs, 1 md Pear w/ 2 tbsp PB
D: 2 srv Low-Cal (home made) Mac & Cheese, Salad (1 cup Romaine, 1/4 cup shredded Skim Mozzarella, 1 cup whole Mushrooms, 1/2 cup plain Croutons, 2 tbsp Calorie-Wise Caesar Dressing
S: 1 cup FF JELL-O

W: 1500mL

E: 45 min - Gym/Circuit, 30 min - Walking, 15 min - Snow Shoveling, 15 min - Calisthenics (I really need to catch up on exercise. I lowered my exercise goal, I need to start smaller, and don't want to set myself up for failure :S)

Cals: 1542
Fat: 27%
Carbs: 53%
Protein: 20%
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #265  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Red face Changing my goals.

Hi Everyone!

I have been so busy over the last week! I haven't got a chance to post.
Well I did really well until the past weekend and then I fell off. The weight is NOT coming off, even though I was doing 60+ minutes of exercise a day. I know why it's not coming off. I AM EATING ALL THE WRONG STUFF! It happens everytime I try to diet. I am concentrating on trying to eat all the good 4 me things and end up eating EVERYTHING! So I am like "Ta **** with it!" Instead of making a weight goal I am going to change my goal to a minutes worked out goal. I can see that goal changing and going down everyday and that should keep me motivated for awhile. Hopefully that will lead to weightloss. As far as my diet, I should be fine as long as i don't put a focus on food. I've had this attitude for a day or two and feel skinnier already. Don't think I really am, but hey! whatever works!

So later today I will figure up and post my new exercise goal!

Everybody have a good day!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:31 AM   #266  
Melissa

Well I did it!! 1 hour on the elliptical last night! Man was it hard! I wanted to give in at 45 minutes but I stuck it out!!

Here's the plan for today

exercise - no time for the gym so I'll go with the hour on the elliptical again, maybe some stretching at home

breakfast - oatmeal, huckleberries, skim milk
snack - SF shake
lunch - vegetable soup, pb toast
snack - yogurt w/ mandarin oranges
dinner - italian chicken pasta (for real this time!)
snack - SF jello w/ pinapple

Well see how it goes!! mande...I'm going to follow your advice to slow down while eating dinner tonight and see if that helps to just listen to my body. Thanks for the tip!! Have a fantastic day everyone! 8 more days!!

~melissa
Old 11-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #267  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning it was so windy out side, walking into work my hair blew everywhere. Sometimes I wonder what's the point. Oh well it looks somewhat decent now, but hey everyone looks they got blown away too. Grandmother's b-day is tonight to cake and icecream. I am going to have a little to be social, but NO icing. I guess it is good that I don't really care for the icing anyway.

Jasmine: That is along time to walk...have you ever thought about walking a half marathon or marathon. A girl at my job is in training to run one and it is very inspiring.

Hun.e.B: Life happens all the time...at least you had good portions of leftovers

Sugarbaby: Great job on the work out...90 minutes...WOW!

martiniforme: I could never even fathom that amount or snow or the cold! I beat you are getting workout in itself shoveling that snow!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #268  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Cool Here it is!

Okay i am not worried about the food. I should be okay if i just continue to eat my lean cuisine and smart ones meals. I will focus on working out, and watching my body change!!!

Here's my goal til Thanksgiving...work out every day for at least 50 minutes.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...2/exercise.png

I wanted to make a goal that I would be sure I could reach! I don't wanna get discouraged again.

Jasmine- congrats on the loss!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #269  
Losing To Live

I'm having trouble consuming so many calories on a regular basis, so I'm breaking my meals down to 9 a day. That's right, nine!

6:00am - Oatmeal w/ 1 lg Banana
8:00am - 1 Kiwi
10:00am - 100g Yogurt
12:00pm - 2 sv LF Mac & Cheese
2:00pm - 1 cup Baby Carrots (raw)
4:00pm - 2 md Boiled Eggs
6:00pm - Stir Fry (chicken brst, broccoli, mushrooms, 1 tsp oil) sv'd over 1 cup Rice
8:00pm - 1 cup FF Jell-O
10:00pm - 3oz fresh Raspberries

I wake up at 6, and go to sleep around 11 or 12, so this might work for me. I need to buy a watch with an alarm... hahaha.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #270  
Losing To Live

Melody: That definitely makes sense. Do what works for you! And way to go on the exercise!

Melissa: I hope it works out for you! Besides, when people eat too fast, they don't really taste much of the food, and it always leaves me with an upset stomach :S

Dolly: HECK YES! Haha, but I'm used to it. Our family used to stockpile cords of wood, and my dad used to bring it home, chop it, and then the kids piled it. We all had to work together to stay warm. It's kind of like that with the snow. You do what you gotta do, and I surely am burning a ton of calories! Especially if I manage to lift a total of 10lbs/minute (which is not hard with snow hehe). And good on you for nix'ng the icing!

Just wanted to catch up on the personals. House sitting for the MIL again today. Hopefully Brenna actually goes to school, then I can go to the gym when she leaves. Eep! And they also have a bowflex