Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #91  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

(x-posted to 20-somethings, Thursday planning)
Hey everyone.
We survived!!
We have so much halloween candy left. We saw maybe 15-20 kids last night. In town they set this curfew for 7pm, which I thought was really sad for all the kids
Anyway, we're sending half of it back with one of our guys from the crew that stays at my house, so his son can have it all, and the rest will go in hubby's lunch. And I managed to restrain myself to 3 candies, when normally (soontobe)DH and I would have sat down all night watching a movie and pigging out. GO ME!

Today's plan.
B: Cheerios w/ milk
S: Peaches and Kiwis, boiled egg
L: Pasta w/ peanut butter toast
S: Buttered popcorn
D:?? I'm going to go for poultry and 2 veggies.. not sure which yet
S: I may treat myself with a scoop of ice cream (measured, of course!), and frozen fruit

E: Walking, walking, walking!
W: 1500mL

Also, to get more calories in my day, I think I may introduce an additional snack. I usually have breakfast at 7am, then snack at 10ish, Then lunch at noon. Mornings are when we need the most energy, and I'm having trouble eating so much that when I eat each meal, even the small portions look daunting, so I may make some of the morning portions smaller, but eat a little more frequently. I was thinking breakfast at 6:30am, Snack at 8am, Snack at 10am, Lunch at noon. The morning is when I do fruits, so both snacks would end up being fruit of some kind.

Thoughts?

~Mande

P.S. I'm going to go grociery shopping today, and I'm making 2 lists. My list, and the house list. I think I may buy in portion sizes so that I can foresee further in to the week. Less stress the more planning there is!

Last edited by martiniforme; 11-01-2006 at 11:58 AM.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #92  

Good morning!

Thankfully all the Halloween candy got distibuted to the kids last night. I did manage to pick three chocolates for myself. At least I didn't pig out like I normally would... Same plan goes for today. Watching the carbs and no sugar with more protein. The chicken fajitas were great and I found the Mission low carb tortillas that someone mentioned. It was pretty good.

Thanks for the get well Dollypie It's not easy staying with the swing of things when a body gets sick but hopefully I'll be going to the gym today. That will make me feel so much better even though some days it seems like it takes forever.

Callystia- Awesome!!!!! I think the goals that you have are great too. I'm glad that your hubby is so supportive. Keep up the good work!

Hun.e.B-At least you got some walking in. It's taking me time to learn how to "diet" and I'm still learning that I need to plan more! Hope today brings you the results you're looking for.

PellMel- Sure hope you feel better soon!

Neesy and Tisha- great job on the weight loss for last month!

Stevi-rocks-Yay for you! I can't wait until my pants fall off at size 20.

martin-Looks like you're doing great! Keep up the good work!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #93  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

OHMYGOSH!
This is exciting! I know it's only a pound, but STILL!
That's it. I'm picking up a digital scale today, and getting the exact results. I know that usually in the very beginning for my weight class, that in a week I would lose more than 1 pound, so to be sure..
BUT ITS STILL SOMETHING!!! I've never lost, only gained or maintained. I feel so elated

And thank you for the good words of support sugarbaby!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #94  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Congrats, Martinforme!!! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!!

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #95  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Good Morning!!!! Been busy as a BEE! Well, yesterday I did good. Lost a pound to prove it 159.0 YAY!!!!! Today I did my Ultimate bootcamp and had my Water, of course. I'll be back a little later. I have to burn off some candy bars I had this Morning
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #96  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

sugarbaby269:
I hope you feel better!! Mmm I love roast and potatoes! I've never had maple cake.

Quote:
(not on my diet but I'm tweaking this one here and there)
I think that is good to tweak stuff, that was it is something we know we want to do! I love chicken fajitas and beans!

SoonThin:

Quote:
Please count me in! I would love to lose 10 by Thanksgiving.
We are glad to have you!

Quote:
Eating Plan - Portion control, healthy snacks, and lots of water!
Have you thought of calorie counting? That is what some of us do and it really helps. There is also fitday.com to track your foods!

Tisha___:

Quote:
Me? I'm not doing low-carb. I think you just read my post wrong. lol I just copy/pasted your original list into mine and answered them like questions. Low carb was one of your examples.
Oh okay! You got me on that one!

Quote:
Thanks! I just can't believe it's actually working this time!
I know how that feels. I do know you have to be in the right frame of mind and highly motivated. I don't think I have been in that place since I was 15! A few times I would try to cut back on eating or start walking and it may of helped but I never dug in my heels like I am doing now.

Quote:
Well, I'll be back tomorrow to officially post. There are still 10 hours of Halloween left.
Oh I hear ya on that one!

Neesy_20:

Quote:
but still managed to knock off 5 pounds. It is so exciting! I have clothes that I can fit in again which is a great incentive. I can really tell a difference. So, I'm just gonna keep doing what I did last month plus exercise at least 4 times a week and calorie count. My starting weight, as of today, is 220. Good luck everyone!
That is so exciting!! I hit a slow patch near the end so I have to keep reminding myself that I still lost 9.5 pounds last month! We can do this! Good luck to you too!!

PellMel:

Quote:
Ugh, I feel awful. Had a cold all weekend and still have it full swing, so exercise has been nearly nil as I really don't want to aggravate my lungs any more than they have been. I'm going to stretch tonight to open up my back and chest a bit, though. Oye, it's been so gorgeous here all I want to do is be outside walking in the leaves through the college! Although it's only in the 40's. Doing decently foodwise, had a bit of a problem last night mostly due to my habit of starving all day and going ape-**** at night. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling.
Words and rhapsody to all.
I hope you feel better soon sweetie! Remember the best way to speed up our metabolism is to eat small meals thruout the day. i do that myself but I save the heavier calories for dinner usually. You might want to try that too.

Losing4another:

Quote:
I did it~ got thru Halloween I have 4 points left and instead of eating a candy bar I'm going to make myself a turkey sandwich .
24 daily points used and NO flex YAY ME.....Went trick or treating so even though I didn't count it I walked , walked , walked and walked. We went in a neighborhood where each house has AT LEAST a ACRE and the kids had so much candy their bags were breaking ....My feet hurt
That is a great achievement! You should of counted the walking though!! If nothing else for the fact that if you look back and are kkeeping track and realize you lost more around a certain time but in your notes it doesn't look like you did anything different etc, you'll be puzzled.

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Good Morning everyone! Well thats 2 busted days in a row for me!! I kinda knew yesterday wasnt going to go well and rather than plan for success I caved. We had McDonalds for dinner....can you believe that! McDonalds!! I dont even like McDonalds!!!! Its true what they say....failing to plan is planning to fail. On a good note I got in a good walk taking the girls trick or treating, lot of stop and go but at least it wasnt sitting on the couch right?! Today is going to be better! Much Much better!

I hope you all have a fantastic day too!!

~melissa
Well at least you walked, all you can do is dust yourself off and go on. I have had a few bad days myself which I will explain later. As for Mc Donalds I have decided that they are just not worth it unless it is an emergency. i decided that I can only treat myself once a week so I am going to have a burger from one of the best places around! Not Mc D's!

callystia:

I am so glad you are doing good hun! You can do it! As for the left over candy, well I will get to that in a minute!

dollypie:

Quote:
I felt like my workout on the elliptical was never going to end today. I finished but was exhausted, but I did fit in a few weights. I think my goal for vacation will be to maintain. I am just really stressed about making good food choices. I am a calorie counter and it scares me to death to not be able to count all the calories I am eating. I am tryig to go on number of portions for that week and just be aware of what I am putting in my mouth.
Great job on starting back on the exercise! That would scare me to being on vacation! Okay, I don't understand why you cant cal count though? If you mean cause you will be eating out then what i would suggest is this. Fruit for breakfast, or a shake! Lunch you may want to get an ice chest and stop at a store, get some tuna, low fat mayo, bread, some turkey and low fat ham etc. For dinner there are many rest. online that have nutritional info. So what I would do is find out what is where and what rest and you can look it up before you go! Like for when we ate out sat nite we went online to Denny's and they had nutritional info that we could print out! ALso remember not all chicken is created equal! Some of the dishes at places have more fat and cals that a burger! Anyhow just my recommendations. Don't forget to get snacks at the store. Good luck!!

Tisha___:

Quote:
Well, I made it through Halloween and exceeded my goal. Now I'm ready to start my Turkey Day challenge! Wish me luck ladies!

You are doing great! Good luck! We can do this this month!!
Stevi-rocks:

Quote:
Happy Post Halloween!

I am happy to report a 1 lb loss this morning! I generaly weigh on Mondays but DH and I where wrestling around last night and He grabbed my pants (he was on the floor trying to pull me down) and they slid right off my hips to my ankles! LOL These are my old faithful jeans and are a 16. Had two bite sized chocolates yest and that was it for the candy.

Good luck Tisha!
hahahah Sounds like it is time for some new ones! Maybe you are in a 14 and didnt know it??? You are doing great on losing 3 pounds already! I am so proud of you!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
Hey everyone.
We survived!!
We have so much halloween candy left. We saw maybe 15-20 kids last night. In town they set this curfew for 7pm, which I thought was really sad for all the kids
Anyway, we're sending half of it back with one of our guys from the crew that stays at my house, so his son can have it all, and the rest will go in hubby's lunch. And I managed to restrain myself to 3 candies, when normally (soontobe)DH and I would have sat down all night watching a movie and pigging out. GO ME!
That is great!!! Keep it up!!

Quote:
Also, to get more calories in my day, I think I may introduce an additional snack. I usually have breakfast at 7am, then snack at 10ish, Then lunch at noon. Mornings are when we need the most energy, and I'm having trouble eating so much that when I eat each meal, even the small portions look daunting, so I may make some of the morning portions smaller, but eat a little more frequently. I was thinking breakfast at 6:30am, Snack at 8am, Snack at 10am, Lunch at noon. The morning is when I do fruits, so both snacks would end up being fruit of some kind.

Thoughts?

~Mande
Quote:
P.S. I'm going to go grociery shopping today, and I'm making 2 lists. My list, and the house list. I think I may buy in portion sizes so that I can foresee further in to the week. Less stress the more planning there is!
I think this is a great idea! I am all for just fruits in the a.m. I think small meals like that is what keeps our body knowing there is plenty of food coming in and is supposed to help our metabolism! The other thing I love about fruit is no fat plus low calories so i can have more on other items at dinner. If you haven't alread, get a scale to weigh your meat! I did that and it is the best 5 bux I ever spent! Also make sure you use measuring cups and spoons.

What you can also do is like if the men have red meat more often than you, is to cook double portion of chicken the nite before and warm it up for you the next nite.

sugarbaby269:

Good morning!

Thankfully all the Halloween candy got distibuted to the kids last night. I did manage to pick three chocolates for myself. At least I didn't pig out like I normally would...[/QUOTE]

That is great!!

Quote:
The chicken fajitas were great and I found the Mission low carb tortillas that someone mentioned. It was pretty good
I need to try those!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
OHMYGOSH!
This is exciting! I know it's only a pound, but STILL!
That's it. I'm picking up a digital scale today, and getting the exact results. I know that usually in the very beginning for my weight class, that in a week I would lose more than 1 pound, so to be sure..
BUT ITS STILL SOMETHING!!! I've never lost, only gained or maintained. I feel so elated

And thank you for the good words of support sugarbaby!
That is great sweetie! You are on your way!!! *CHEERS*
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #97  
I AM healthy!

jelly:

WTG on the loss!! Hooray!!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 11-01-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #98  
I AM healthy!

Okay so it has been a crazy 4 days. I think what happened was I lost my weight for the month early then started slacking off a bit! I also realize that although I am good to put like almost everything in my fitday, there was something i forgot, coffee!!! I have always added the cream, just not the coffee! So starting today i am going back thru this week and putting that in. Anyhow I have had 4 days that have been kind of bad with the icing on the cake being yesterday! We had lasagna for dinner(2 servings!!) and I had 2 lil snack size snickers and 2 little peanut m&m size snickers and 1 twix that size. 2 cupcakes, no frosting! Well that is it. I am buckling down starting now til turkey day! Sat nite we ate out, sunday was enchiladas, monday was an enchilad for lunch and 3 chicken legs for dinner and tuesday was lasagna. That is way too much good stuff to close together. So starting today I am getting back on track.

Which means , Sunday will be the meat and potato day as per usual. Mon and Tues will be chicken breast, veggie rice, no exceptions! Wed can be a bit of a splurge nite but if i have enchiladas, then I can only have one! I am thinking of either that or to have bean and cheese burritos, with lowfat mozz. Never again two enchiladas!! Same goes for lasagna but I told myself none of that for this month at all. Last month I was a lil bad and had pizza twice! The once would of been fine. I did still lose so I'm not knocking myself but my goal right now is no pizza til the end of the month and that is IF I lose at least 8 pounds first! Thursday will be chicken veggie rice, friday nite will be tacos with chicken and low fat mozarella as per usual saturday, I will look at the scale. If I am down a good amount, then I can maybe have something fun or like hot dogs or something, but if I'm not where I want to be, then its chicken veggie rice again! Well anyhow this is my plan. And no desert til turkey day! Maybe once blueberry muffins. Well see! I will eat out once a week and not be bad and do it twice like I have been doing. Anyhow I am 219 right now so I need to get 9 more off so I need to just do it! I know I can. X~mas is also around the corner and I really want to be 199 on that day. That is more important to me than enchiladas one nite and chicken legs the next nite, and lasagna the next nite, etc.!!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #99  
I AM healthy!

Okay I am tripping even 32 oz of coffee, black only adds 19 cals!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #100  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default 162 by TG Day? Is it possible?

I would love to be 162 # by TG day, but is that even possible?
My cal have been from 12-1400 calories and I have been exercising.
I drink about 72 oz h2o daily but I have always been a big water drinker.
Is there such a thing as too much exercise at the beginning stages of your diet?
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #101  
I AM healthy!

littlegg:

Welcome! Well it helps us to know your stats. Alot of us go into our profile and put what we started at, how much we weigh now, and what our goal weight is. Then we add our height cause that makes a big difference!

Quote:
I would love to be 162 # by TG day, but is that even possible?
My cal have been from 12-1400 calories and I have been exercising.
I drink about 72 oz h2o daily but I have always been a big water drinker.
Is there such a thing as too much exercise at the beginning stages of your diet?
Your cal counting sounds good. You might want to check the Womens Health Calcualtor

That might give you a better idea of how many cals you need to lose what. My general goal food wise is to be 500 cals a day under my maintenance cal weight. That gives me a deficit of 3500 a week which = a pound. When I exercise 60 minutes a day they allow me like an extra 600 a day for maintenance. So I still eat the 500 under but 7 days x 600 cals burnt gives me another deficit of 4200 cals which is more than a pound.

As far as exercising if you are new, start out slowly. If its walking, Try 3-4 days a week and 30 minutes. The important thing is to make it a habit. Then work up from there.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #102  
My Incentive Pic

Default stats

Ive been working on that up thing and I finally think Ive got it rught.
By the way WOWEE Jasmine 31 ! You must be commended on your success!
Very very impressive. Dont worry about you little set back, you know what youre doing..we all need a holiday once in a while!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #103  

Default Count Me In (starting tommorow lol)

Well I didnt really make it to my halloween goal. I had a party on saturday and I havent been to good with the eating. Today is my friends wedding and Im gonna be a bridesmaid. Im just going to try and not over eat. I want to be at 150 by thanksgiving. So starting tommorow Ive gotta really jump back on the wagon. See you soon.
SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #104  
Goodbye Fat!

Jasmine,

How do you make your enchiladas? To make mine a little more healthy I will defrost some frozen spinach and put that in them to get a green veggie. Also I will diced tomatoes to put in the them or to sprinkle on top. If I am in a super healthy mode I use half the amount of chicken and open a can of whole black beans, rinse them and put them in the middle. Just a suggestion. I also only use mozzarella cheese b/c it has 5g of fat versus 9g of fat in cheddar.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #105  
My Incentive Pic

Default Need more protein!

Jasmine thanks for the link to the womens calculator, but I have found out I am severly lacking in protein. What are some good ways to get the most protein for the least calories without using protein powder. I really dont like the thoughts of that.