Old 11-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #301  

Go Ivy!You're looking great! Glad your son whupped his opponent.
Martini Girl, your getting serious! Nice smart purchases.... I want to get the whatchamacallit that tracks how many steps you've taken? I'm not sure what it's called. I'm hoping to pick one up next week.

Walked today for 1 hour and went to gym for 40 minutes. I have NOT lost a stinking pound but I hope I'm shrinking. It feels like it. Wonder why I'm not losing BUUUUUUT I refuse to give up and I will lose eventually.
Go me!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #302  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

sugar: That's what I got! If you just want to get a step counter, it's called a pedometer. I looked it up haha.
This is what I got:
"GOWalking by SPORTLINE."
-Take your pulse while you exercise
-Accurately measures steps taken
-Calculates how many calories you have burned, how long you exercise and time of day
-'Smart-timer' feature knows not to count false movement
-Easily displays distance in miles or kilometers

Basically, I entered my weight, and the length of my stride, so not only does it count my steps, it tells me how many km I walked (or miles, whatever your pref). Based on my weight, time of walking, and distance, it calculates how many calories I burned. I paid less than $40.00 Canadian, and have already tested it out, and it works for me. I can still return it within 90 days if it turns out to be a piece of crap LOL. I bought it from Wal-Mart, so we'll see... heh.
SPORTLINE - GOWalking Pedometer. Like I said, cheaper to buy from Wal-Mart than the actual SPORTLINE website.

Ivy: Looking GREAT! No offense taken. You deserve not to wear fat pants!!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #303  
Losing To Live

Now, did my day even end up like I wanted, food-wise? Heck no.
I didn't end up getting to eat breakfast or my morning snack. Or my lunch, or my afternoon snack. And now it's 4pm. This feels far too close to my old habits for me to let it go.
Brenna's birthday party was alright. The hot tub was closed, so we all just sat on the balcony. I ended up eating a 50g bag of snack mix, 250 calories *dies*. There was also no diet pop in the vending machine, so I drank a Sprite, 100 calories *dies again*. I managed to eat only ONE slice of pizza, and not the biggest one in the box, thank God. And I stayed as far away from the cake as I could get, so no cake, wooo! Today is a pretty nasty day for food, so I am going to have soup and salad for dinner, get some good nutrients in to me.

I am in a really bad mood today. Holy s***. Funny how it ties in so closely to my food intake. Sorry for the profanity. By bad day, I mean really bad day.

But down .2lbs this morning. An even 273. I want so badly out of the 270's!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:10 PM   #304  

Ok...yeah so I want one of those things Martini!!!! I'll head on over to Wally world prob on Mon. and see about getting me one. Good ol' Walmart. As far as your diet goes... I can relate. I'm in the same boat. I'm not really dieting because I had a few days where nothing was coming off. ALl that exercise torture and I thought for sure I'd be in the 50's... hahaha *hysterical laugh* no, I'm in the dieting twighlight zone. So I had rice and cereal today and a ff coffee aaaaand a bite of chocolate. Some diet, huh? The cereal was like 21/2 cups and at least a cup of milk. Milk is skim but still it was Life cereal. Shame on me. I ate that only after weighing myself and still not losing anything. I need some encouragement and some proof that I am going to lose weight. SOS
Martini Yay for you not eating the cake!!! Plus you're still down, girl!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #305  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing good. I'm doing fine. I'm down to 239! TOM started Friday but hopefully he will next mess up my next WI. Finally put the computer in the shop on Friday so I should be back in a week or so.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #306  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Sunday morning!! How's everyone doing? I've been in my typical weekend mode, one day I'm gonna break that nasty habit I just know I will!!

I havent worked out for days either so basically I'm really disgusted with myself.

Went and did my shopping for turkey day....sheesh that is one expensive meal. I think we overdue!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #307  
Losing To Live

November 20/2006
B: 1.5oz Oatmeal
S: 1 small Mandarin Orange, 100g RC Yogurt
L: 1 cup Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup, 1 slice WW Bread, 1/2 tbsp ICBINB
S: 2 medium Boiled Eggs, 4 oz Baby Carrots (fresh)
D: Veggie Stir Fry
S: 4oz Strawberry JELL-O

W: 1500mL (or more)

E: 30 min Gym Circuit, 30 min Walking (2mph), 45 min Walking (4mph)
Burned Cals: 1146

Cals: 1521
Fat: 28%
Carb: 55%
Prot: 17%

sugarybaby - The proof that you will lose is in the past. You have already lost, thus proving that you can do it!

JasonsLea
- We've missed you!

Melissa - To break the habit, I go out. But then again, when I go out, we usually end up eating out, so that's usually never a good thing
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #308  

Yay Shari! Great weight loss!

MelissaI figure if I at least make one step forward I'm moving forward even if I have a couple of backward days. I hear ya when it comes to the TG meal... good thing we all share the expense with a huge family! Tomorrow is a new day, girl! You can do it!
Martini, Martini... You are so right! Your diet looks great. Do you plan it each week or what?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #309  
Losing To Live

sugar: I plan my meals the night before usually, but I planned next week's meals already It just makes it a ton easier. I usually change a couple things, but generally, if my food is organized, I feel more organized
Old 11-20-2006, 08:58 AM   #310  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Well Saturday was a bust!

Just a quick update, I am glad you all did well over the weekend, Sat was a bad day for my diet though. We went away for the weekend. Started out ok
banana for breakfast anticipating what would follow...a vitamin...pizza for lunch and then an all you can eat buffet with more artery clogging food sin than you can imagine. I started out ok with clams and muscles only leading to lambchops, porkroast and standing rib. Then aghhh creme brulet for desert! Sunday was make up day Banana, vitamin, chicken dinner salad
and ramen noodles...4 hershey kisses ( managed to stay within my calories on Sunday Today back to kashi and yogurt, back to my routine and shopping cleaning and getting ready for Thanksgiving!
I hope a light one! Any suggestions for a calorie friendly Thanksgiving?!
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #311  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Talking

Well, I'm down two more pounds, finally. I doubt I'll make my Turkey Day goal, but I'll come close at least.

P.S. Jasmine, LOVE the new shirt! Very pretty!

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #312  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks Martini and Sugar!I miss you all too!

Congratulations Tisha! You are way closer to your TG goal than me!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #313  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

I totally forgot to post here... take a look at my 2 month progress pics in the Mini-Goal Album!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98532

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #314  

Way to go Tisha! Congrats on the weight loss and you're looking good. I can def. see the changes.
Hi littlegg! I hear that a turkey dinner itself isn't bad for someone eating low cals it's all the butter and cream that they add to the side dishes that make TG so fattening. Why not try for the turkey, salad and a dinner roll and a sliver of pumpkin pie with no whip? If you make the mashed potatoes yourself you could always use chicken broth to whip the taters instead of butter and milk. I hear they're great that way...
Old 11-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #315  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

my ivy:

Quote:
You look grate I love your hair color I wish I could have it ever since I was a little girl I always loved red hair all my Barbie's and boys I liked had red hair.
Awww thanx hun! I was always teased as a kid about it and my mom always said those kids were jealous! I grew up and I get compliments often from men and women about my hair so good old mom was right!

Quote:
So what if you show a little? I always do HA HA HA I will post a picture of me soon as I find one. Its nice to see who your loosing Buddy's are.
Sounds good! It is great to see everyone and put a face to a name!

Quote:
You are doing excellent!!!!
Thanx hun! I know I am I just get discouraged sometimes!

littlegg:

Quote:
You guys are both doing great!
Thanx hun!!

Quote:
I am in a 14 Jr seems like forever now, at least they're not as tight as they used to be! I sure would like to be able to get my dupa in a 12 Jr. That would be some great incentive.
That is great hun! AT least they are looser!!

Quote:
I am off this weekend and we are going to the mountains, sure hope I have the will power
to stay on track...my incentive I keep a little picture embedded in my mind from about 8 yr ago when I was with my daughters on the beach, (we looked more like sisters at that time)I lost 17# with weight watchers prior to that and I think I was all down hill after that... started packing on the lbs. I'd like to look like that again for our Feb vacation ansd keep it off this time!
Old pics are great incentives. I pull mine out of when I was 16 and in a 12 every so often. Bring healthy snacks along. You can do it!!

Quote:
have a high stress job and I work shifts which doesnt help much either.Oh well maybe with the next 5 # I'll go to an 11/12 Jr. Great Chrstmas present that would be!
Stressful jobs suck! Try to plan ahead on the weekend!

dollypie:

Quote:
Okay I am having two Thanksgiving meals this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I am doing some of the cooking so my food options will be low calorie and then I try to make healthy choices. I am going to go with the one plate method. Only one plate of food and one piece of dessert. NO SECONDS OR THIRDS!!!! Also if there is a veggie tray I will munch on those, but no creamy dips.
SOunds like a great plan!!

Quote:
Jasmine: I am so glad that you are getting out of you funk. I sympathize with you on having to deal with bus situation, I would go totally nuts if I were you. Hang in there girl, at least you are getting alot of walking in. And did I forget to say you are looking FANTABULOUS!
Yes I am getting a ton of walking in. That is the upside of it! The buses can just be annoying at times! *sigh* Thanx for the compliments, I am looking so much better than I was last year! I am so glad we have a digi cam and have always taken lots of pics!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
Congrats to all of you that are losing.
Thanx hun!!

Quote:
Jasmine you are so funny and I love your hair color!
None of my daughters inherited it! Funny thing is when I was their age that is all I wanted was brown or blonde or black, anything but red!

Quote:
The pics look fab btw
Thanx for the compliments! I want to zoom past 18, 16, and 14 so bad, right to a 12. *sigh*

Quote:
Well, I've got to jet I'm on my way to the gym.
Do great!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
Jasmine: A couple of things that you can do around the house if you aren't able to get to the gym etc, is do weight lifting with cans of soup
Good idea! I do have a few weights around here I should have hubby look for them!

Quote:
like 2-4lbs per hand.
Okay, sounds good.

Quote:
Also, for Calisthenics, I do lady pushups (on my knees, hehe), and I will do crunches (not situps, those KILL me!).
I NEED to get to those crunches! Do you do them on the floor?

Quote:
stretchy bands
I know that is for resistance training but what does it do?

Quote:
Also, word to the wise about the pilates, THEY ARE HARD!!! Haha, so start at the beginner one if you've never done them before. Yikes, I almost died on intermediate!!
hahahah Thanx for all the advice sweetie. I just need to get my lazy butt rolling now. The walking is so easy it is like second nature to me but doing something new is going to take a great kick in the pants!

I should watch the pilates again today and give that a try. dh won't be getting off work til 7:00 anyhow. I have the beginner one.

Quote:
Jasmine: WHOA! Hot Tamale! My boob always shows in my dress shirts, too Haha. I just started wearing a white tank top underneath them, which also helped to hide the lining of my "tummy tuckers."
Awww thanx sweetie! So far I only have that one shirt like that but I would rather it be a little tight now and lose it.

Quote:
And if we're doing pictures.... Hahaha. They're big, sorry!!
Awww so nice to finally get a look at your sweetie!! How tall is he? My dh is 150 and 5'10!!! (I could smack him! ) Is your man similiar?

And you are so cute! I LOVE the eyes! Are they gray or hazel?

Quote:
And I love this picture because it really says a lot about my personality. Look who you're socializing with! Haha, I promise that craziness is not contagious! ...Most of the time, hehehe.
What does the sign mean? I don't mind craziness one bit!

my ivy:

Quote:
Hi girls,

I am happy as can be I will share my new photos of me how I look as of yesterday and I am also keeping a picture diary I will post when I accomplish my goal. This time of year is difficult on weight loss and I am sick so I don't even feel like working out
Awww I hope you feel better! Awww you look adorable sweetie!!
You must be so proud of yourself! I bet your loving them curves!! What size pants are you in now? What were you in? WTG!!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
Walked today for 1 hour and went to gym for 40 minutes. I have NOT lost a stinking pound but I hope I'm shrinking. It feels like it. Wonder why I'm not losing BUUUUUUT I refuse to give up and I will lose eventually.
Go me!
You are doing great sweetie! Just remember to watch your food to and remember this is about being healthy, the scale will catch up to your good ways soon! How many cals are you doing?

martiniforme:

Quote:
Now, did my day even end up like I wanted, food-wise? Heck no.
I didn't end up getting to eat breakfast or my morning snack. Or my lunch, or my afternoon snack. And now it's 4pm. This feels far too close to my old habits for me to let it go.
Brenna's birthday party was alright. The hot tub was closed, so we all just sat on the balcony. I ended up eating a 50g bag of snack mix, 250 calories *dies*. There was also no diet pop in the vending machine, so I drank a Sprite, 100 calories *dies again*. I managed to eat only ONE slice of pizza, and not the biggest one in the box, thank God. And I stayed as far away from the cake as I could get, so no cake, wooo! Today is a pretty nasty day for food, so I am going to have soup and salad for dinner, get some good nutrients in to me.

I am in a really bad mood today. Holy s***. Funny how it ties in so closely to my food intake. Sorry for the profanity. By bad day, I mean really bad day.

But down .2lbs this morning. An even 273. I want so badly out of the 270's
!

Aww hun. It could of been way worse! Keep some healthy snacks in your purse so even if things get crazy you can still eat. If that were me and I hadn't eaten all day I would of wound up binging! WTG on only 1 slice and no cake! WTG on the loss!! You will be out of there soon. Don't worry!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
I need some encouragement and some proof that I am going to lose weight. SOS
You know what I tell myself when I am working my butt off but not showing it on the scale, at least you are exercising and helping your heart! If nothing else keep busy!! It will come off!

JasonsLea:

Quote:
Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing good. I'm doing fine. I'm down to 239! TOM started Friday but hopefully he will next mess up my next WI. Finally put the computer in the shop on Friday so I should be back in a week or so.
Hello. WTG on the loss!! WHoohoo!!! We'll miss ya, hope it gets fixed okay!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Went and did my shopping for turkey day....sheesh that is one expensive meal. I think we overdue!
How much did ya spend? I take it you get to cook as well?

littlegg:

Quote:
Then aghhh creme brulet for desert!
I had a similiar sunday. Just remember that was then and it is a new day.

Quote:
I hope a light one! Any suggestions for a calorie friendly Thanksgiving?!
Yes everyone please share if there is anything you are doping to make it a lighter turkey day!

Tisha___:

Quote:
Well, I'm down two more pounds, finally. I doubt I'll make my Turkey Day goal, but I'll come close at least
Same here! Hey it is better than maintaining!

Quote:
P.S. Jasmine, LOVE the new shirt! Very pretty!
Awww thanx hun!

Tisha___:

Quote:
I totally forgot to post here... take a look at my 2 month progress pics in the Mini-Goal Album!
Tisha I can definately tell a difference!!! The first thing I noticed is that in the 2nd pic you are smiling! The next thing is your boobs look smaller. Have you gone down or are able to wear a tighter notch on your bra etc? The next thing is I can tell a difference in your belly. You have lost fat around there for sure! The ppart riight under your boobs. The butt looks almost the same but a little smaller. I think your arms look smaller too. You are looking great sweetie! I am so proud of you!!

I will BE RIGHT BACK!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote