Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #106  

Hi All. Ive been so tired lately and Im wondering if Im just not getting enough callories. Weight Watchers gives me like 1100 a day on average, But less if the fat content is high. Like I just ate a poptart. 190 callories but had to add it as 5 points. Ive always done good on weight watchers but Im just so exhausted lately. I walk off about 180 calories almost every day. When I get down to 150 pounds they say to only have 20 points but that seemse like nothing. How low calorie wise do you have to go to lose. I currently weigh 162.
SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #107  
Spurs Chick

S/C/G: 214/206/140

Height: 5' 5"

Sarah - I found when I was on WW - 22 points a day, I got tired if I ate sugary things that took up too many points. I started to look at things that were about 5 points but eaten in seconds as wasted points. Take a look at your points book, and see what you can have for the same amount of points, but is good energy food - you will be surprised how far 20 points can go if you do that. Good luck with it!

Bigfornow and Allycat - WELCOME and lots of luck with the challenge!

jcatron - I am SO jealous you have your own treadmill! I love using the one at the gym, but in busy times we can only have 20 minutes on there - I am just getting into my stride by then! Have fun with it!

Sugarbaby and Jasmine - well done on the weight losses

Dolly - I agree with you on how nice it is to walk in the autumn (fall) - our weather is supposed to be nice and dry tomorrow, so I am going to take the dog out for the longest walk.

I had a bad day yesterday - I don't know what happened, but I just really needed chocolate. Of course I made the big mistake of buying a packet of 3 bars - ate one, then immediately ate another one. I put the third one away, but it tormented me all night. I didn't give in to it, but even so, that was 500 wasted calories. Today has been better. Usual breakfast and lunch, and I just had my dinner of fresh cod, parsley sauce, new potatoes and veg.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
FionaMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #108  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Sarah are you taking a multivitamin? When I was completely beat and had no energy I was advised to start taking a multi-vitamin, it did the trick! It took about 5 days before I was really feeling the effects. But I haven't had a day like that in a while.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #109  

I think Im just gonna try the vitamin and maybe just eat however many calories Ive exercized off. Ive lost about 50 pounds in the past from dieting without exercise. I finished my exercise today. Ran 5 out of the 30 minutes that I was on the treadmill. Hard work for me. Oh and I got those weight watcher carrot cakes. LOL they are so small I finished it in a bite. But for 1 point I cant complain. Just wondering if I can make it to my halloween goal on time.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #110  
Calorie Counter

It is so hard to make your body follow the calender. I am trying my hardest at my October goal (or even my November goal) but I believe that in the long run the weight will come off, I am never going to stop fighting for my health.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #111  

Hope you all are having a good Saturday. Dh took the kids to his brothers so I can finally have a day to my own. I got my exersize done, ran 6 of the 30 minutes I was on the treadmill. I want to work my way up to walking 5 and running 5 minutes so that half my time is spent running.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 175.5/162/145

Height: 5'7

170 starting weight I am thrilled to do this. I will walk the dog longer and faster, and I will lift weights 3 times a week..And for my food I will eat healthy
lower fat food , and keep portions in check. Today is Oct 14 and feel I can lose 10 lbs by 10/31/06 and No Halloween candy I will buy gum to hand out.
Good Luck
tryingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #113  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Thanx fiona! Just remember that you do need to indulge every once in a while!

Okay ladies so I havent checked in in a few days, my hubby had this week off for vacation and so did the kids so it has been total chaos! I have kept up with my walking though. My hubby has been joining me. Thursday we even wound up walking 130 minutes!! My butt hurt the next day. lol We were doing a bit of climbing too. I have been keeping track in my fitday, it has become a habit so i am proud of that. Okay, so tomorrow is weigh in and I have to admit, I am nervous!!!

Sunday was bean and cheese burritos & spanish rice = 1743 fat was 21%

Monday we had steak and shrimp and mashed potatos and bread instead of on sunday to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. I still kept that day at 2068 BUT the fat % was 42%

Tuesday we had a barbq. Hamburgers with french fries....1951 total cals but fat % was 38

Wed was chicken rice veggie = 1668, fat was 31%

Thursday we splurged and had lunch at Coco's. A cheeseburger with fries and a salad and even a half slice of raspberry cheese pie!! I had a light dinner of chicken and veggies and rice, half what I would normally have. I even lost half a pound the next morning! cals was 2064, fat was 49% BUT I forgot to add the salad but I went ahead and added in 2 tbs of ranch dressing, there aint much cals in the lettuce anyways.

Friday we got stuck going to town again and I really wanted lunch. I was going to try to be good and just get a bagel and cream cheese til i got home BUT the place we went didnt have any so we wound up going to taco bell and I had a nacho bell grande! I know, I was bad, i already had my lunch out for the week! had chicken fajitas and spanish rice for dinner , cals was 2067 and fat % was 42%

saturday I really wanted enchiladas but told myself to wait til at least monday! wound up having chicken and veggies and rice, might have ONE blueberry muffin tonite, im not sure. so far 1607 with fat at 20%

I didnt add what I had for breakfast on those days or lunch for most days cuz i just wanted to paraphrase, well I mean I added them in my cal totals and fat % etc in fitday but i mean i didnt write them on here. but fruit is always for breakfast sometimes 1 piece but usually 3-4. Lunch is usually a bagel or english muffin with peanut butter and a slimfast. Anyhow I just went thru and added this all up : 13168 total = divided by 7 days is an average of 1881, fat % averages out to 34% Wow. I feel like a pig in a way but I guess that kind of makes sense, when i last averaged out a 7 day period it was an average of 1850 cals, so i guess I am not doing as bad as I think. haha

From the womens nutritional health guide....

You need 2285.8 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.
If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2865.2 calories per day to maintain your current weight.

I did exercise for at least 60 minutes every single day this week, one day it was actually 130 minutes so I will add an extra 600 cals for "maintenance" for that day. 2865.2 x 7 days = 20056.4 + 600 = 20656.4

I ate 13, 168 calories so that is a deficit of 7488.4, there is my 2 pounds right there!!! I was 226 last sunday when we weighed in and I already hit 224 on the 13(friday) so I have already lost my 2 for the week BUT I was really hoping to be down another pound by tomorrow morning.If not, hey I still lost my 2 but I really do want to get down to 223 tomorrow. We shall see.

Good luck ladies and everyone remember to weigh in!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:05 AM   #114  
Calorie Counter

today was my son's B-day party, it went. I am so glad the day is over it started out completely rotten, but now is all good (and I'm not even drunk ) Well I ate, and boy did I eat. I had 4 slices (thin ones) of pizza and salad for lunch (well breakfast and lunch because I was to busy for breakfast) then I had some ice cream (1/2 fat 1/3 cal) then for dinner I had some beef stew with 2 biscuits. When I added in my calories to fitday I was shocked, I didn't go over the number of Calories I planned for! I didn't get as much protein and fruit as I like but its over with. I only got in 10 minutes of exercise today, but since the party is over life is back to normal! I will get back on the exercise track tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:36 AM   #115  
I AM healthy!

sounds good jcatron! You got to live once in a while and enjoy life!

Well I decided to wait til tomorrow for the muffins and I wound up going for 50 more minutes of walking tonite.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #116  

I gained 2 pounds the week of my 2 year olds birthday party. My other son having a party next week. Im kinda nervous cause we are doing pizza and cake too.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:44 AM   #117  
Spurs Chick

S/C/G: 214/206/140

Height: 5' 5"

Just had my weigh-in at the gym, and another 2 pounds off!

I have to thank you guys - this is the first time I have been able to lose weight on my own without going to a WW group or something like that! A lot of it is down to you and this challenge! *hugs*

Today I did 90 minutes at the gym, plus the 15 minutes walk there and back. I will be taking the dog out later too. So I am going to make a beef casserole, and a treat of a low fat strawberry cheesecake!

Oh - and I measured myself too, and I almost have 2 inches off my waist

Good luck to everyone else. Sarah, you have a tough week coming up with your sons party. Try to fill up on something good before the party, so you don't feel hungry. If you don't manage, and eat the pizza and cake, don't be too hard on your self, and just start again the next day. Hope your son has a lovely day!

Jeni, I hope your son had a great day, and well done for not exceeding your calories!
FionaMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #118  

Default I'm Late but I'm In

HI!

I'm So excited!

Start Weight: 168
Exercise: I practice and play Rugby 2 times a week, 1 hour cardio 3x a week and weights 3x times a week
I'm doing the Slimfast plan

NillaWafer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #119  
I AM healthy!

Hi Nilla! Welcome, your plan sounds good. I usually have a slimfast for lunch with something else.

Quote:
I have to thank you guys - this is the first time I have been able to lose weight on my own without going to a WW group or something like that! A lot of it is down to you and this challenge! *hugs*
Fiona that is great! I am proud of you! I know what ya mean. I would lose weight on my own but especially last nite I know I would of given in and had the muffins and not walked extra. lol Knowing I had to weigh in this am and be accountable to all of you gave me the perseverance to walk more and save the muffins for today!

My hubby weighed me this morning and I am 223.5!! yeah! So I am down 2.5 pounds from last week!

LADIES WEIGH IN!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 10-15-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #120  
Calorie Counter

Great job Jasmine!

Fiona, I agree! I probably wouldn't be losing as fast, or even at all without the encouragment and advice from everyone here.

Nilawafer: Welcome to the challenge!

Planning for today:

Breakfast: fruit smoothie with protein powder

Lunch: Tuna salad no mayo on whole wheat, 12 carrots

Snack: 4 rye crisp crackers cheese

Dinner: 1 cup Beef Barley soup, 2 slices of whole wheat, 1 small salad

Snack: popcorn

Exercise: 30 minutes on treadmill, 20 minutes strength training

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-15-2006 at 01:40 PM.