Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #121  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

What to say today? Got my car stuck in the driveway this morning (Dad pulled me out) and so was late for work. I am dead tired today… it’s not quite 9.30 and I can barely keep my eyes open. Tonight I have to make a few quick stops, then home to get Steve, then dinner out somewhere, then bowling. I probably won’t get much sleep tonight, either. Bah.

Food… eh. Breakfast was some breakfast lean pockets. Lunch is a frozen dinner, snack is pretzels with hummus. Dinner will most likely be something bad for me. But I will try to get in a lot of water today. I feel stuffy and headachey this morning, and I know that means I haven’t drank enough water. Besides that, my humidifier seems to have some mildew or something in it, and it stinks! So I had to turn that off last night until I can get it cleaned. Bleck! Yeah, so I need to immerse myself in a bathtub or something, because my entire body feels parched. What do you mean it doesn’t work that way? Poo.

Oh yeah, and I have Irish Cream in my coffee this morning, even though I know alcohol always makes me feel like crap. Not that 2 tablespoons is going to kill me. But it’s certainly not going to help.

In other news, they finally finished our house inspection. We need to replace a faucet in the bathroom, and one of the seals on the sink, plus the gutters and the basement need fixed, but this doesn’t have to be done before we can get the loan, so it’s all good. As first-time homebuyers we get an additional loan of $3500. We’re going to use that money to buy a stove (no appliances) and fix the gutters and the bathroom (we may get some new fixtures there, as I intended to eventually anyway) and put anything leftover into savings for now, and then this summer we will redo the drainage system and fix the basement. That’s the plan anyway. Now we just have to see what the assessor says. I hope it doesn’t take as long as the inspection took. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me (still).

OK, I just got back from a meeting, and my mind is gone, so I guess I’m done for now. Have a good one, chickies!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #122  

Hello All!

Sorry again for not posting.....seems as though the holidays have me be the scruff of the neck and are just dragging me along! Tonight, after work and errands, I dropped off all the car club treasury stuff to the new treasurer.....and I am FREE AT LAST! I was treasurer for 2 years and am ready for a break......not that is was such a tough job, but after balancing my own checkbook, the checkbook at work, Mom's checkbook, and the car club checkbook.....there were visions of decimal points dancing in my head!

Betani.....Oohhhh, sorry about the high cholesterol report. Do you think you will be able to correct it with diet & exercise? Hope so! Those almond meringue cookies sounds delicious.....would you mind posting the recipe?

ForestDawn....Ahhhh, a perfect day for you! Yea! We all work toward the goal and it is so satisfying when everything comes together.

Kristen....Welcome! We love new members! This group is really great in support and motivation.....lots of help for you!

IceDragon.....Kayaking sounds like fun! That should burn off some calories! And look at the ticker......7lb PAST your Christmas goal! You are one amazing woman!

Our family Christmas was wonderful.....lots of laughter and good food! I packed up MOST of the Christmas goodies and sent them home with everyone....and the stuff that was left here is gone now, so maybe I can get back on the straight and narrow. At work, folks are bringing in lots and lots of goodies......and I am having a terrible time staying away from it all! I thought staying out of the break room would help, but food just seems to seek me out.....chocolates and shortbread and fruitcake and cookies...you get the idea. I must be nearing my sugar overload point, as I am beginning to crave celery!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #123  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,

Just checking in.

MsRD -- Wow, you're disciplined with your computer use! It's so tempting to avoid work by going on the internet... But now your holiday chores are done. wow, craving celery? Maybe you could pop an umbrella, and then the goodies would stop falling upon you.

Betani -- Sorry to hear about your cholesterol. Ooo, Symphony pie... Symphony is my fave candy bar.

Forestdawn -- Hope you've gotten back into your groove.

Kristin -- Welcome!

Icedragon -- Yes, bipolar is a mix of depression and mania. Depression usually involves not wanting to do anything, being sad, having no energy. Mania usually involves having too much energy, making rash decisions (spending too much, driving too fast), and irritability. Some people have several days where they are one or the other. People like me who have "rapid-cycling" and mixed moods go through a lot of emotions throughout the day. Don't be scared about a bipolar diagnosis. If you really are bipolar, your life will improve a lot with treatment. About.com has a lot of information: http://bipolar.about.com/ . Hope you enjoyed your mango.

Elisha -- Glad to hear that you're back to your old self with dolling up and looking pretty. Glad to hear that the inspection is over.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:41 AM   #124  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

This will be a quick check-in for me, so let me get right down to the news-worthy news.

Food... bah. Don't ask. Water, better, but still not enough. Exercise, bowling, and that's about it. Sleep, not nearly enough.

However, we did find out that the assessor has already seen the house. He wants a structual engineer to check it out, but our loan officer says that since we had the home inspector come in, she just wants to see his papers and that may be sufficient. Let's hope so! If that works, we could be in our house in just a couple of weeks!

Other than that, just doing Christmas shopping, cleaning, and cooking. And work. Bah. More training sessions today. Oh well. Training is a good thing.

OK, I've gotta run! Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 12-22-2005, 08:48 AM   #125  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I actually got my 3 points this week! Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Just too much Christmas Prep going on.

I've been exploring a 12 week weight loss program and a 10 week walking program on About.com lately, but I'm not sure which one I want to go with.

Let's see, new goals:

1. Log all food and exercise
2. Drink four 16oz bottles of water per day
3. Start using Fitday again

I'll be back when things quiet down!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #126  
Ima bundle *' emotion

I just wanted to say hello. I know I've been MIA for like two weeks. Well the first week I was trying to get myself together for a new job etc. The second week I've succumbed to PMS cravings and weighed today and up 5 lbs. I'm a little bummed. But I'm trying to get back on it as of today. The new job's down the drain 'cause I'm in NYC and the public transportation strike here makes it impossible to get to work (it was 2 hrs away) so i was terminated. Sad I know. Well on to new things. One door closes and another opens they say....

Peace to everyone. I'll be sure to try and keep up with the rest of december etc. Excuse me for not doing personal posts. But I dont think my brain has that much focus to go as far back as i've missed!

~Rosie~
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #127  

2 points again this week, I still am not drinking enough water, i tend to only drink water during and after excercise.
(7 points total)

goals for this week
1 - not binge (including christmas eve and christmas day! <2900 cal!!!!!)
2 - excercise 1 cardio, 2 weights sessions.
3 - smile more!!! and be kinder to myself, i have been too critical of myself lately!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #128  

1 point is all I managed last week. This week I'm not going to set goals .. Just try be sensable over xmas ... we've a stack of food I'm going to enjoy the seasonal treats but without pigging out.

Congrats ice and betani .. you're doing well!
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #129  

Merry Christmas!

.....or Happy Holidays, if you prefer! I have just read your posts and you are one incredible group of ladies! I succumbed big time to the holiday feasting, as usual, and am feeling bad, both physically and emotionally. I will spend the next week getting myself turned around.

TBJ......Never thought of myself as disciplined as far as puter use is concerned.....now how am I going to translate that into food discipline? Congrats on the backward roll! ....and now on to the mid-air flip?

Elisha.....Okay, my fingers are still crossed for this house thing to go through! What a great New Year you will have!

Betani.....You made all 3 points! Good job!

Rosie....sorry about the job loss, thanks to the mta! Keep looking for that next opportunity.....it will be a good one!

IceDragon.....And you got 2 points too! Zowee! I love to hear your success stories!

ForestDawn.....Staying sensible during the holidays is what it is all about. You are going to make that goal!

I hope everyone has a blessed holiday with family and friends.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #130  
Ima bundle *' emotion

To my challenge buddies:
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:58 AM   #131  

Merry Xmas Rosie and every one of you great challengers .. keep up the good work!
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #132  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Christmas night

Merry Christmas to all....or Happy Holidays if you prefer!

I know it's been a while since I last reported! I read back a few of the posts and I'm glad to see that most of you are hanging in there! The holidays really got the best of me this year!

Not much has changed except for the fact that I have been eating anything I want and doing NO exercise! But all of that is going to come to a screeching halt come New Year's Day! I am SOOOOOOO serious!!! I have got to sit down and come up with a solid/attainable plan! My life is just out of control right now and I can feel it spiralling down! The good thing is that I feel like I have time for what I want to do now, so that means that exercise will not be a problem!

A couple of weekends ago I went sledding with my DD and sister and her 3 boys and my Dad! I think i might have injured my shoulder because I am having trouble at night. I wake up with it just hurting so bad whenever I change positions (and that is often!). So...I am going to make myself an appointment with my Dr., then get a referral for PT (again!) and see the Podiatrist about my Plantar Fascitis. That is going to be the start of my new year. We shall see where I go from there.

I have so many options (as we all do) with this weight loss journey:
1. I can do nothing (well...it IS an option!)
2. Weight Watchers, which I have tried in the past and been fairly successful
3. Modify my diet and really stick to it (counting caloires, etc.)
4. Get back on a low carb "Zone" type of plan (which has also been effective for me in the past)
5. Start to work out regularly along with a food plan.

I think that I analyze this process too much. I need to just PICK something already and just do it! But what? This is where I falter...I just play with the ideas of all of them and never do anything! Or I try one thing for a while and then jump to something else! Whatever I have been doing (or not doing) for the last 6-8 months has NOT been working, so I have to do something different! Any words of advice????

I will have a plan before next weekend because I AM going to really buckle down come the first of the year! What have I got to lose??? LOL!!!

Well, I have plenty to do...I'm sure you all do too! Hope your holidays were wonderful in every way!!!

hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Cheers everyone

I too have secumbed to the pleasures (and pain too) of the festivities. I don't want to bore you with my self pity ... but I am almost where I began two years ago.

I thought ... in a way ... that I wasn't doing anything posItive with posting and stuff.. but since I've not been the least bit accountable ... and not posting or being mindful at all... I have not exercised, I've eaten everything I wanted and binged at will....and the results are obvious.

I need to get serious about sticking with a plan too, Julie. I need to pick a plan as well. I'd like to go back to Weight Watchers but can't afford it. I'd really be interested in buddying up.

No more being easy on myself when I blunder ... although I know I cannot be perfect always. I just don't want to make it any easier than it already is to think "oh it will be okay this time" doesn't work. I need to stop and weight out (pardon my pun) my options before I make a choice to indulge or not.

I really don't want to be a any more of a downer .. so I'll sign off...

I WILL BE READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE.

Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #134  
Bound and Determined

Good afternoon ladies!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend, whatever holiday you celebrate.

I too and here to admit that holiday festivities got "the best" of me, and I have been eating nonstop. I'm aiming to tone it down a bit this week, though with all the food in the house (not to mention the quality of said food) I'm sure it will be difficult.

And I too, like Joy, find myself almost back where I began almost 2 years ago. I stepped on the scale last night (yes, at the end of a day of eating and drinking, so I realize the reading is high), and it read 219.4. I'm not going back to 220. I'm not. I won't do it.

I've decided on a Christmas present to myself for next year: a new body. It will take me all year to get it, so I've got to start working on it ASAP. I've made out some charts and logs and all sorts of tracking forms and put them all in a folder to help me. I'm starting my own version of Project: Me (or whatever it's called). My goal is to lose 50 pounds of fat, gain muscle, adopt a healthy diet, and improve my overall healthy. This time next year, I want to be at my goal.

Part of my strategy is going to be to experiment with new foods and new ways of cooking. If we're in a house next holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be at MY house, so I can cook and serve whatever I want. The rest of my family needs to be healthy too. But I have all year to come up with new, healthy, delicious foods to keep our tastebuds satisfied.

So this week I'm preparing, organizing, and gearing up. I mean to do this, once and for all. I'm done waiting for it to just happen. It's never going to just happen. I have to make it happen.

I don't know how much I'll be around this week. I'm at home, with a slow dial-up connection, and it infuriates me. But I'll try to pop in when I'm feeling especially patient.

Have a wonderful day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 12-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #135  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Merry Christmas, and happy any other holiday that you celebrate.

My favorite present is... heh heh, a tatami mat for practicing my rolls and falls! Thank you, Santa Hubby. I tried it out last night (while wearing the new jeans that my mom got for me, jeans that were too tight when I tried them on back in July! ). Man, even though I stink at this tumbling stuff, it is so much fun. I am really going to miss jujitsu for the next six weeks... because I start studying for the bar tomorrow. But now with my pretty new mat, maybe I can do a handstand when I go back to class. I should make a list of techniques to work on.

I get 0 points for last week's goals. It wasn't the worst week for diet and exercise; I just didn't do what I said I would. I'm only getting around to setting this week's goals today. I will:

1. Go biking tomorrow.
2. Stay under 1750 calories today, tomorrow, and Wednesday.
3. Practice jujitsu on Wednesday -- the first day that I have to miss class.

Yeah, seems like this past week was bad for many of us. And like a lot of us aren't where we'd wished we'd be by this time.

My personal rant: Yeah, I'm glad that I've lost ten pounds a year over the past three years. And yeah, I'm glad that I am keeping weight off. But hey, I'm sick of being in the middle of the 150's. I can't seem to get to 149. Boo-hoo-hoo. M'kay, enough pity party, time to move on!

We all seem to be gearing up for the new year. Our current challenge ends on Thursday. Does anybody volunteer to start a new challenge? And would anybody be interested in a year-long-or-until-we-make-our-goals challenge? That idea is kind of far-fetched, but there seems to be some motivation here for starting anew in 2006. Eh, somebody decide, 'k?
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote