Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #31  
Egy Kis Lany

Ok, here's the deal:
I decided to join 3 challenges in one day!!

I have barely even started and I realize that I can't have poor results in all three right away and still feel good.

So I'm dropping this one for the 21-day Challenge (it lets me start over, a bit more forgiving!) and a Dec. Challenge on the 20-somethings forum that counts minutes of exercise during the month (so that I still have plenty of time to catch up!)

I've been focusing so hard on eating, I don't know that I can manage this all, too!

But expect me to be back for the next one, oh yes...
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #32  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Default The First In Review

I weighed in at 154 in the morning, so that makes my goal for the month to get down to 149, which is where I was at before I started gaining weight again.

Food Intake:
Breakfast= oatmeal, skim milk, black tea, water
AM Snack= grapefruit, almonds, water
Lunch= mixed greens salad, low-fat string cheese stick, kiwifruit, 1 girl scout cookie, green tea
PM Snack= apple, 2 bite-size reduced fat girl scout cookies, almonds, water
Dinner= pork chop, smashed potatoes
Nighttime Grazing= 2 bowls Kashi Go-Lean, reduced fat peanut butter sandwich, low-fat string cheese stick

Well, I didn't eat after 9, but I did graze too much in the evening. From 5-10pm is my worst time for mindless eating. I'm so tempted to try an over-the-counter appetite supressant. I've struggled with this for as long as I can remember.

I haven't been sleeping well for some reason the past week or so, and this morning it caught up with me. I called off sick today to recover. I slept 5 extra hours, and I'm feeling better already. Praise God for paid sick days and an understanding boss!

Yogini-- By chance, have you heard of Flylady.net? Joy told me about it a couple challanges ago, and it's really helped me not be so hard on myself. She helps develope a new habit each month, and this month's habit is learning how to pamper yourself. Flylady's not really about weight loss, but she's a queen about household sanity.

PhysDom-- Wow, 3 challanges at once is a lot to juggle! You're certainly welcome to visit us and get to know everyone, though!

malpay-- I was never a morning person either, but just for the heck of it I tried getting up way earlier to do my exercise DVD when no one could see me (I'm very self-concious). I was amazed how easy it is as long as I get to bed by 10pm. Now, from 5-7am is my most productive time of day!

Hikein-- End of month work. Ugh. For me, the Tuesday after the second Wednesday of each month is busiest. That's budget cut-off before the board meeting, and lots of stuff has to be done and ready to be paid off, because checks only get cut once a month. Great job staying in your calorie range!

Fitgal-- Gaining muscle is a great goal. I really need to focus on that, but that's a few baby steps away for me.

Sonja-- A reward doesn't have to be an object. You could treat yourself to a day trip somewhere you don't usually get to go, or go see a new show, or find a local class to learn a new hobby. You could really get creative with this.

Joy-- Don't worry about the cinnamon bun, and you don't have to wait until tomorrow. Remember, your next healthy meal is only 2 hours away!

MsRD-- Remember, the Clipboard is your friend. It's not easy, but if you get into the habit of highlighting and copying what you have every few minutes, you haven't lost much because it's still on your clipboard, and you can easily paste what you already have when you start over.

Honey-dipped-- Ohh, I covet that scale. I've heard nothing but good reviews from people who have it. It's on my Christmas wish list.

Forestdawn-- The way I see it, eating too much on a veggie day isn't bad at all because the benefits from the healthier food outweigh the extra calories. The only way it could possibly be bad is if you don't exercise at all, or if it is a permanent habit.

TBJ-- I have to admit that I would be curious seeing you in a store without knowing you at all, but I've worked with the public long enough to know not to make assumptions. I admire you. I would love to take a class like that!

Christi-- Your children are beautiful! Leslie Sansone has been a life saver for me, but my body has gotten too used to her workouts, so I've changed DVDs for a while. I'm currently doing "Crunch Cardio Salsa" for a while, then I'll rotate to something else when my body gets too used to that. I miss exercising outside, but I work out so early that it's way too dark to see my watch, and I don't have any other kind of timer I can use. I'd walk forever if there wasn't anything to stop me!

Last edited by Betani; 12-02-2005 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #33  

How is everyone going on the challenge? I managed to get my exersize in yesterday. Ate vegetarian but had a little too much cheese with my baked potatoes. I'm feeling good, If not low enough calorie at least I'm eating super healthy so it's a start.
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #34  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hello, everybody.

The less-junk-food strategy did not work. I tried it for a month, but I gained two pounds. Most likely, I overate in order to compensate. Now I need to think of a different strategy. I am going to go back to calorie counting, because I know that works, and then think up another idea.

So, now I have 8 pounds to lose for my "big goal." Um, that's really a challenge... I might just have to settle for the weekly successes. Although I do like having a goal weight.

Malpay --

Julie -- WTG on logging your food! I get my bike back today, so I'm starting biking tomorrow. Maybe next week I'll have one of my goals be the bike training.

Fitgal --

Sonja -- What kind of job are you hoping to get? Sounds like good motivation.

Joy -- At least you only went 3/4 of the way...

MsRD -- Hey, I'm going for a new outfit, too, even if that new outfit is a conservative suit.

Honey-Dipped --

Yesterday was fine. I ate my f/v, exercised for 25 minutes (practiced those darn jujitsu rolls...), and drank water.

Like I said, I'm going to have to go back to counting calories. But I'll wait for next week to make that a formal goal, even though I'm starting again today.

Waaaa! I wanted to hit the 30 lbs. lost mark today... *sniffle*

Anyway, happy weekend, everybody.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #35  
Babs

Hi to all you Challenging Chicks,

Welcome to Cristi. Real happy to have you join us.

I'm feeling a bit down today. Had my JC weigh in last night and had gained 1.1. So I'm back to my stinkin' thinkin'...I'm a failure etc. etc. ....

So I have to get that ole postive attitude going.

1. Wow! total loss 12.1 lbs.
2. I have a great smile
3. I am doing something about 'the weight problem"
4. I love myself for who I am right now.
5. I have started posting instead of isolating.

Thanks ...it's so great knowing I'm not alone.

So...yes I'm in the Dec Challenge.

Need to work out my goals and rewards.
I'll get to you all on the details.

Do know that keeping a food and exercise journal has to be part of it. I'm sure that is where I went wrong last week.

Thanks for being there.

Love ya,

Babs

Last edited by babsisawinner; 12-02-2005 at 04:01 PM.
babsisawinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #36  

Wink

Happy Friday!
We took our physical inventory at work on Wednesday and now are knee-deep in data entry. It is a mind-numbing venture, but once my eyes cross and my brain turns to oatmeal, I will be fine.

Joy...Those cinnamon rolls are soooo good. But I think you get a gold star for stopping halfway through!

Sonja....Welcome! Thinking of rewards was hard for me too! But I think they are important....some tangible something that reminds us of our success!

Fitgal....You have some great goals there! what magazine are you hoping to subscribe to?

Julie....I wondered where you were.. ..maybe under a snowbank somewhere? Hooray for the good scales! Now you are on your way!

Malpay.....Mornings are wonderful, but only if I can linger a bit over a cup of tea and ease myself into the day.....I'm not the hit the ground running type of gal.

PhysDom....Three challenges! Wow! You are really motivated! Stop by and visit anytime.....you are always welcome!

TBJ....It is so frustrating to work hard and do positive things and not have it show up on the scale! Hang in there, chickie!

Babs....I loved your good positive attitude self talk! We all need to remind ourselves of everything wonderful about us and not just the areas that still need work.

So far, so good on the challenge.....calories have been under 1600 both days (less than 1200 today, though a healthy snack might be in order later on)....have journalled faithfully.....and I have 60/180 minutes of exercise going! Woohoo! I might have to stop by the jewelry store and do some window shopping for those earrings!

Last edited by MsRD; 12-02-2005 at 08:50 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #37  

Hi

I am looking for a job in the police force, and here in oz, there is a killer fitness test to pass! and not to mention me being 30 and most who join are 18-23!! but i am determined!
Last year i kinda woke up and said "what the **** are you doing with your life! i was 280 pound and MORE! lazy , no motivation, no nothing!!!!!!
So i had a long hard think on what i want to do, i have 2 DD, so i have had the family and do not plan any more kids, now it is time to do something for me!!!!!!!
So here i am now! (i even updated my avator, photo taken today!)
my goals are getting to the point when they are no longer really about weight! (if i stayed where i was now for the rest of my life i would be happy!)
but i need to increase the fitness ! (any more i lose is icing on the cake, and i know with what fitness i need to do , i will get down to 170! i just am not focussing on it, turning my motivation to fitness means, that when i get to my goal weight i still have a focus, usually i will get to my goal and just go Cr*p what do i do now, then you have no more goals?? so my goals are going to turn to being fitness based!)
So i am still here, still joining in on the forum, i need accountability!!

Just still have to think up some rewards!
(my biggest goal is of being able to continue my application, without being concerned about passing the fitness test!!! and that is becoming my main focus! i don't crave material things! and i realise there are other goals, but really my lifestyle at the moment is a huge reward!! kayaking, being able to hit the beach without thinking of my weight!, so it is soooo hard to think of anything i want or want to do????) I have set my biggest goal date though!!!!!! end of march, is when i finalize my application!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully to get into the next september intake.

Babs - try not to take it to heart you had a little gain! you are here, and you want to help yourself get healthier! stick with it, and make sure you journal! that has been my lifesaver, though DH looks at me strange when i write out all i eat!

Last edited by icedragon6669; 12-02-2005 at 10:16 PM.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #38  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday MOrning

I just typed this REALLY HUGE POST and submitted it and this stupid computer tells me I am not logged in!!!! HOW CAN THAT BEEEEEEEEE???? I TYPED THE STUPID POST, SO I MUST HAVE BEEN LOGGED IN!!! I am soooo mad! I had comments for everyone...I just don't have time to retype it all, so know that I am thinking of all of you and going to do my biking today! Calories were wayy over yesterday with going out to dinner last night!
Hugs to all of you!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #39  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Default Day Two in Review

After lots of extra sleep, I no longer feel like I've been run over by a truck. I still didn't feel like doing a whole workout DVD, so I did three 5-minute bouts of aerobics moves. minimal, I know, but at least I got moving.

Food intake:

Breakfast= oatmeal, 3 reduced fat Oreos, skim milk, bottle of water, black tea, coffee w/ 1T. eggnog creamer (yum!)

AM Snack= 2 slices whole wheat toast w/ reduced fat peanut butter, clementine, black tea

Lunch= bowl of Kashi GoLean, clementine, bottle of water

Unexpected hubby gift= mint Kit Kat

Dinner= Noodles Warsaw without the noodles (basically turkey sausage and coleslaw mix cooked together in an electric skillet with salt and pepper), diet RC

PM Grazing= 3 reduced fat Oreos, skim milk, coffee filter full of chips, reduced fat peanut butter sandwich, raisins, green tea, bottle of water

Hubby got excited because he'd never seen mint Kit Kats before. It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't gotten the Oreos too!

The snack curfew was kept again, much to my surprise. I take a bubble bath every night, and there must be some kind of psychological trigger that tells my stomach that, even though I'm very hungry, this is it. No more. Too bad it doesn't get rid of the hungry feeling, though.

Hikein-- When I used to post on Open Diary, that happened to me ALL THE TIME. I'd gotten to the point where I'd have to write my entry in Note Pad and paste it onto the site so it would never have a chance to time out on me. I've never had 3FC time out, but I've gone through buggy times and plain ole human error enough to share your pain!

Sonja-- You are doing awsome! They should hire you for your determination alone! Seriously, it sounds like you really have what it takes.

MsRD-- Ohh, earrings! Get the pretty, sparkly, dangly ones! I miss earrings. I have my ears double pierced, but all 4 holes are crooked, and anything less than 18k gold infects my ears, so I let them close up. I'll still wear magnetic clips for very special occasions, though.

Babs-- One pound is a pretty normal fluctuation. Nothing to worry over. Now my SIX pounds on the other hand... Well, at least I know why. Seriously, though, listing out the positive things about yourself like that is a great idea. I wish I could do that, but when I get down, I can't bring myself to think positively at ALL. I am starting to connect going for a walk with getting out of a funk, though. Must be those endorphins.

TBJ-- Well, this is how we learn, right? Maybe if you combined the junk-food strategy with calorie counting you'll zoom through your goals. Calorie creep and portion creep have taught me many a hard lesson about eyeballing and estimating.

Forestdawn-- Cheese is easy to overdo. But, healthier foods is the first step in all this. A baked potato is a much greater choice than, say, french fries or the like. Good job!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:45 PM   #40  
Babs

Hi

I thought I'd posted my goals etc. for this challenge...
Oooops must have posted somewhere else. See,,just using the computer is a challenge for me.

By the by ... thanks for the help on getting me up the stuff on how to find this challenge and about names. I'll be fearless! I'll keep reading and posting even though I make a lot of goofs. It's soooo great to have a place to share!

Here's my commitment;

Overall Goal: lose 4 pounds and establish better habbits

Rewards: Still thinking about this.

1st week goals:

1. exercise 3/7
2. Really, really, record food intake
3. drink 6 glasses of water every day in addition to other liquids

I don't have a computer at home. I use work computer or public library.
So I won't be able to check in again until Mon. Hope all goes well for all of you great people.

Babs
babsisawinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #41  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone,

Last night in jujitsu class, we practiced the circle of fear. Each of us took turns standing in the middle of the circle, and one by one, everyone else would attack us. It was fun, but I totally goofed up. It should be called the circle of embarassment.

Anyway, giant bruise on my hand, so am cutting this post short.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #42  

Smile

Hello All!

I spent the day Christmas shopping.....made a lot of progress, but my feet are killing me! Usually I treat myself to a nice lunch when out shopping, but was running behind schedule and stopped at McD's, who apparently were still selling yesterdays burgers (bleagh!) I wasted all those calories and it didn't taste good either! Anyway, today's calorie journal entry was 1350!

IceDragon.....wow! A long term goal of being able to join the police force....now that is what I call incentive!

Julie.....I had the same problem posting here.....you can use notepad and then copy and paste......or I just get a post started and post it and then go back and edit it.

Betani......I have the same problem with earrings....they have to be gold, or I get terrible infections. But, I have found a jewelry store that has earrings for sensitive ears.. ...and I have no problem with them.

Babs......You got some great goals posted! Give some rewards some thought....it doesn't have to be much, just something you might enjoy.

TBJ.....that jujitsu class sounds really hard! A handstand! This is waaayyy beyond my abilities. Hope your hand is all right....maybe get is xrayed if it continues to give you problems.

Last edited by MsRD; 12-03-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #43  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Yesterday...

OK...I worked out 30 minutes, so I'm 1/4 on that! I plan to do another 30 minutes sometime tonight. I have to go to a funeral here in a few minutes, so thought I would post a quick post!

Food was ok and I came in around 1300, which is less than I thought it would be before I added up calories!! Today I am already at 740, so I need to have a light dinner (Fajitas without the tortilla and maybe some rice...some fruit for dessert.) I wonder if DD & DH would notice if I threw away the icecream that's in the freezer??? LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We got some snow again this weekend. I guess Winter is here to stay for a while in West Michigan! Oh well!

Hugs to everyone!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #44  

Just checking in... So far I'm going well but I did miss my exersize yesterday ~ Well it was Sunday lol Anyway I did 60 mins on Saturday and I'm going to try do 60 today to make up for it.

Icedragon - That's so cool joining the police force .. I know if you really want it you will make it and yeah I have heard the fitness test is one of the hardest things to pass.
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #45  

Hello All!

It sure was a busy day today! I started out by helping DH move all his puter
paraphenalia downstairs to the basement room.....and, since he is the one with
the bad knees, I was the one doing the toting! Must have made eleventy-four
trips up and down stairs......who needs a stairmaster? Then, it was off to
another fun-filled adventure at the mall. All of the shopping is done, with
the exception of DGS, and I should be able to finish him up tomorrow after
work!

Julie.....Winter is definitely here to stay! We get all that lovely 'lake
effect' snow here too.....totaling around 10" for the past 3 days! As long
as the roads are clear, I can deal with it. great job on the calorie-
counting.....and getting all the exercise in too!

ForestDawn....Wow! An hours exercise every day? You make me feel like such
a slacker

Yogini & IceDragon.....congratulations for take the top 2 spots in points for the November challenge in another forum! You ladies rock!

Tomorrow night, I have a Christmas party. should be lots of fun, but it does
mean dinner out......planning for some good food choices or portion control,
at the very least!

Time for me to get busy.....the weekend has just flown by and there is still so much to do!

Last edited by MsRD; 12-04-2005 at 07:19 PM.