Old 12-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #61  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tuesday (sorry so long)

Evening chickies...
I just tried to post but remembered before I hit send to copy & paste...good thing! This whole post went into cyberspace...I wonder what is going on with 3FC lately?
I'm tired tonight! Put up Christmas decorations, carried boxes, etc. at work all day today! That should count as something r/t exercise, eh? I didn't get in my 3rd workout this morning, so I really HAVE to get one in tomorrow or I will fall short of that goal!

I'm doing great at journalling and keeping track of calories. Today's calorie's came in at 1290. I feel like I'm not counting something especially after yesterday's with ice cream and & cookie coming in under 1500, but I am really counting everything I put in my mouth...yes, even the 90 calories of creamer (3T) I put in my coffee every morning! I think I do need to eat more in the morning, though. My hard boiled eggs didn't last until noon today! I was starving!...oops forgot to add those 3 NIlla Wafers I ate with the residents during Nail Care...So that puts me up to 1335, which is still ok! I like cottage cheese & pineapple, so I could have that in the morning...relatively low cal and I'd be getting my dairy. That's one thing I've really cut out...dairy...since I started counting calories...it just adds up way too fast! I try to eat one of those little yogurts once a day just to get some dairy! And usually I add Kashi cereal in it. Makes it a nice little snack/breakfast! I find eating smaller meals more often helps with the hunger, too. So I try to keep some crackers or something in my desk at work...oops...another thing I forgot. I had some Wheat Thins in my desk, so I need to add another 140 to my total...it's adding up quickly here! I'm up to 1475...OK, I think that's everything! Still under 1500, though!

I'm planning to do some shopping in the morning before work tomorrow...Kohl's is having a big sale and they open at 7, so I thought I would go there and see what they have! I have to get DD some brown shoes. DH bought her some cute little winter outfits (he's such a good Daddy). The skirt is pink and brown, so we HAVE to have brown shoes. He was going to buy her some cute boots, but she didn't like them and he went tonight looking for shoes (said he went everywhere!) and looked last night, but can't find any in her size! I'm sure I can find SOMETHING!! Target is my favorite place to shop...they'll probably have them!

OK...that was a random thought! Thursday is weigh day for me. I sure hope the scale is good to me this week! I'm not really feeling a difference yet in clothes, but hopefully soon, I will! I'd sure like to have that 10# gone by New Years! Wow...that' would be a GREAT present to myself! I feel like I have really worked hard at it this week. I just have to keep telling myself "Don't Give Up!" That's my biggest downfall! But I do feel like I've got the mojo right now and for me, that is HUGE! I haven't felt this way in over a year! I'm really not interested in bingeing on stuff I shouldn't have and I am trying to stay away from bad carbs! That's the hardest for me! And once I start, it's so hard to stop! So, I really have to watch it in the next few days here...I've had the PMS chocolate attacks and have eaten 1&1/2 candy bars in two days, so...

Thanks for listening to me carry on!

MsRD...Wouldn't it be fun to go out to cyberspace and try to find all those posts we keep losing???? Great job on the calories for you, too! Now get going on the exercise, chickie! Who's got the tazer, anyway?

Betani...Good luck with the exam. I hope you will see some good results! YOu have been working hard to get where you are, so there should be some good changes, don't you think?

Malpay...Squats! Oooooohhhhh....I dread them! I remember in Jr. High (and that's a long time ago) when I played basketball, that was the one thing I dreaded...that and "Hops" (we had cement bleachers and the coach made us hop up and down the bleachers! Talk about killer!!) Good for you on reminding yourself that you are important enough to not have that treat today! Yea you! I'm a big sweets eater, too!

Cristi...Can you come clean my house???? I have some ceiling fans which are in desperate need of cleaning...I really don't like that job! The tree is up now, so that area got vacuumed, but the rest of the house really needs some deep cleaning...LOL!

Elisha...Well, no wonder you are tired, chickie! Midnight? Goodness! And that must have been some facial you gave yourself! I wish you were closer, you could give me some tips on how to take care of my face! It needs help! Oily, open pores in the "t-zone"...I exfoliate frequently...Nothing seems to help! Maybe I need to be more consistent! Ok, now chickie...you need to get back on track! Get out of this pre-holiday funk you are in...we need your motivation back here!!! C'mon now!!!! Sorry about the inspection...again! That is no fun! Let's hope all will go well on this last try! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Sonja...Great abs...now that could be a goal for me...I'd like to just be able to feel mine!! LOL! You are working hard and you will acheive your goal! Don't hurt your back, though...you need it!

Babs...DH had Gastric Bypass Surgery about 6 years ago...he always dreaded flying for that reason! That is a great goal for you, chickie! Very measurable! Keep up the great work!

ForestDawn...Where do you live that you can dig out a garden bed in mid December??? LOL! We have over a foot of snow ont he ground here and more coming down...and on it's way! Makes me think of Spring! Thank you!

TBJ & Joy...Where ARE you two? I hope all is well...we are thinking of you and sending good vibes toward the WEST...Catch them before they pass you!

I'll be back tomorrow to repor that I have done my biking as promised! It will only be 3 days for me, but there's always next week to meet all those goals, right?

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 AM   #62  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Just not much to report. Jujitsu is fun, food is bad, hope everyone else is doing well.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #63  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Well, last night I was asleep by 10:30, which is early for me, and I'm still tired today! *sigh*

Let's see... yesterday, I didn't even add up my calories. I didn't do terrible, but I didn't do great either. I'm guessing I had about 1800-1900 calories. *shrugs* Water was ok, and I took my scheduled day off from exercise in favor of sleep and relaxation.

This morning the scale was at 213.6. ToM should be here today, so I'm not too worried.

I have decided on a plan of attack though. I'm going back to the Dr. Phil diet that worked so well when I actually followed it, and it wasn't even that tough. I posted the basic list of allowable foods on my closet door, and I'm going to try to make up a pocket-sized version of that list. Also, last time I was doing this I made up charts to fill in with the types of foods and servings I'm supposed to be eating, and I'm going to print up some more of those today to help me in both planning and tracking my meals. I think I might get a binder to carry with me, then I will have them all together and neatly organized when I go to the dr. next Friday. I may ask her to refer me to a nutritionist, and I'll have the folder ready to show then too.

Also, I'm going to start posting my menus here, because I know it helps with accountability. Any comments and/or suggestions you have are welcome, of course.

So here's today's menu:
Breakfast:
1.5 cups of coffee with FF 1/2 n 1/2
2 sl. reduced-calorie white toast
1 tbsp. Smart Balance Light spread
1 egg
1 sl. FF American cheese

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
4 oz steak
1 c. steamed cauliflower
Baby carrots

Snack:
1/2 c. LF cottage cheese
1/2 c. pineapple chunks

Dinner:
4 oz. grilled chicken breast
1 c. carrot-dill soup
1 c. green vegetable (snap peas, spinach, or green beans, don't know yet)
Probably also a salad with some stewed tomatoes and oil and vinegar

Tonight will be 45 minutes of Yourself!Fitness, and I'm going to try to get in at least 100 oz. of water before I leave work today. I'm almost done with my coffee already, so that shouldn't be too tough.

In other news... apparently the inspector did half of the inspection on Monday, so he's just got to inspect the plumbing now. He says the gutters and the basement both leak. Steve wasn't happy about that, and understandably so. I still want the house. We knew it's not in perfect shape. I don't know what's going to happen at this point.

Either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to make up a menu for next week. I'll take Steve shopping with me Friday night, or perhaps Saturday morning. I didn't make the carrot-dill soup last night, as Mom had spaghetti almost ready when I got home. That's the one thing she actually will make, because it takes no effort whatsoever. If I make it, on the other hand, I have to spend hours making homemade sauce. Anyway, I'm planning to make it tonight, and if it turns out edibly then I will post the recipe tomorrow. If not, well, you wouldn't want the recipe anyway.

And, of course, I am still fustrated with my living situation. Do I even have to say that anymore, or can we just assume it's a given? Mom yelled at me this morning because I said we needed a blender. She said that if I wanted a blender I would have to buy one, because no one else in the house would bother to use it. Umm... I know that, Mother. It doesn't take a blender to make mac & cheese. :P

So I might just go buy a blender today, if I can find one on sale somewhere. Just to be pissy.

Bah... I was supposed to go have lunch with my good friend KR today, the one I refer to as "my personal buddha" because he always makes me feel calm and balanced. But no, meetings have been rescheduled to the point that I now have meetings from 11:30-3:00. I hate that. Part of me hopes they buy us lunch for this crap, but the part of me that wants to lose weight really hopes they don't. I guess we'll see.

OK, this post is already way long, so I'm going to cut it off here. If I get a few minutes, I'll come back later today to post some comments.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #64  

Well it's been a week and I've met my goals .. I weighed myself and I've gained 2lbs Sigh... My fault for not calorie counting.. It is TOM and I'm bloated as **** so I'm hoping it will dissapear soon.

My goals for week 2 are

30 mins exersize per day.

Limit bread to every second day or less.

Eat fruit for my pre dinner snack .. instead of crackers or worse chips!

Hikien I'm in australia so it's summer and great time for digging. I do a organic vege garden for my hobbie and exersize. Your daily cals are so low .. I'm jealous. I've been so hungry lately I'd never be able to get that low. I'm lucky if I'm under 2000. Really got to try harder to get to 1,800 per day .. that's my goal daily cals.
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #65  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Default The Sixth in Review

Food Intake:

Breakfast= oatmeal, clementine, milk, tea, water, coffee w/ 1T creamer
AM Snack= birthday cake, water, almonds
Lunch= salad, tea, lite cheese, apple
PM Snack= grapefruit, almonds, water
Dinner= leftover turkey sandwich, black bean soup, diet root beer
Grazing= chips, dark chocolate Twix, 1/2 bag M&Ms, asparagus

Bad snacks, but I haven't gained since Sunday. Still at 151.5.

Tonight is not going to be pleasant. It's time for my Annual "Peek-And-Poke", breast exam, and cholesterol test. I got up at 5am and had a big breakfast, and won't be able to eat again until after 6pm tonight.

Today hasn't been pleasant so far. I'm slamming my head against a brick wall trying to get a problem vendor to listen to me. It's honestly making me physically ill. My stomache hurts, my head hurts, and I want to cry.

Goals for next week:

1. Continue to log food
2. If I'm given a treat, only eat 1/2 of it.
3. Exercise every day, even if it's only pacing around the apartment for 10 minutes.

Forestdawn-- I lay odds 10 to 1 that that's just water weight. Calorie counting is good to do anyway, though. It'll be gone next week, I'm sure.

Elisha-- Does coffee count toward water goals? I didn't think it did because it acts as a diuretic. If it does count, then I'm doing better than I thought!

TBJ-- Thanks for checking in. Just keep plugging along and you'll be fine. For some reason I'm reminded of my piano teacher years ago. She'd say "Play through your mistakes. Don't go back and try to do it over. Just continue on and play your best and no one will care about what you did wrong." Kinda profound, looking back on it...

Hikein-- Those calories sure can sneak up on you, can't they! Sounds like you're doing well, though.

MsRD-- You kept calories in check when there was a party involved?! Awsome!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #66  

Hello all!

Time to tally up this past weeks goals......kept the cals under 1600, journalled every day....but didn't get in the 180 minutes of exercise...I'll take 2 points,please (and halfway to the earring reward!) This next week my goals will be: 180 minutes exercise for the week (or die trying!), journal every day (the only thing that keeps me accountable) and drink 60-oz of water per day (been kinda lax there.....waaaayyyy too much diet coke!)

Julie.....I'm beginning to think that journalling and keeping the calories down are interrelated....that's why this next week I didn't bother to mention calorie counting as a goal (though I will be doing it thru journalling). Just staying accountable is important for me. I have trouble getting enough calcium too.....I usually take a calcium supplement and daily vitamin to get all that I should have (the last bone scan showed some loss, so I really want to get that reversed asap)

TBJ.....Glad to hear from you, and that you are having fun in the jujitsu class. How is that handstand goal coming?

Elisha....Just getting a plan together and making yourself accountable is going to get you back on track! Come on.....we need to see some of that old spirit!

ForestDawn.....congratulations on making all your goals! Those extra 2lbs are just water.....so don't weigh for the next few days and then you will be pleasantly surprised!

Betani......the nice thing about annual exams is that they are just that.....annual. Once you make it thru today, you are home free for another year! And, yes, I did manage to control the calories at our party.....and it nearly killed me to pass up on the chips and drinks and all things snackie!

I have to go inventory the Christmas wrapping paper/bows situation.....should get everthing wrapped in the event the munchkins stop by unexpectedly!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #67  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Wednesday!

Ugh! I should have left alone the apple pie & not eaten the rice from lunch today (Chinese) and I would have been close to my desired calorie count of 1500! I guess that's how we learn! Calories today at 2120!!!! Too bad tomorrow is weigh in! And no exercise this morning! I just can't seem to get it done in the mornings! I do try, though and will keep trying! I refuse to give up! (The pie WAS good, though!)

I need to go down and finish decorating the Christmas tree in the family room and then I'm heading to bed. I tried to go early last night, but it was almost 11 before I got there! Maybe that's early for some of you, but I turn into a pumpkin after 10!!! LOL!

Have a great night...oh...Goals for next week...hmmm...I'll update them on my signature!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 PM   #68  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Time to put down my goals before this month passes me by...

Be right back
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:39 PM   #69  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Step One:

Small reward – A Bag for work
Medium reward -- New exercise video
Big Reward – Cross trainers

Step Two:

Overall major goal – Building Strength.

Step Three:

Three goals for the week starting December 8:
1. Be mindful of my eating
2. Incorporate 2 days of strength training, 1 day flexibility, & 2 days aerobics
3. Indulge in my querks/hobbies: journaling, writing poetry and being a hopeless romantic (a healthy mind and heart…leads to a healthy body *wink*)
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #70  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks.

Yesterday was ok. I did manage to get in my 100 oz. of water before leaving work, and another 30 oz. at home. Calories came in just below 1300. I ate mostly according to plan yesterday, except I had a few pretzels instead of my cottage cheese and pineapple snack, and we had steak with dinner instead of chicken (because we only had 1 peice of chicken in the freezer). And I got in 45 minutes of Y!F with a weight loss focus, so it was pretty much all aerobics.
This morning the scale is only down by 0.2. ToM is finally here this morning, so I'm blaming the scale's stubbornness on that. And my lack of sleep. And stress.
I did make the carrot-dill soup, finally. It was pretty good, once I added a little salt. There was no salt in the recipe, and I even used sodium-free chicken broth, so I didn't feel bad about sprinkling a little bit on top. And I am an admitted salt addict.

Menu for today:

Breakfast:
2 mugs of coffee with creamer
Frozen hash brown
3 turkey sausage links

Snack:
1/2 c. LF cottage cheese
1/2 c. pineapple chunks

Lunch:
I don't know. I have to get something. I might go to lunch with Steve. I'll get a salad or some grilled chicken or something fairly healthy. If not with Steve, I'll just get a salad or maybe some sushi at the store, and have that and more of my carrot-dill soup.

Snack:
Apple, most likely. I have to get that at the store too.

Dinner:
Who knows?

Well, I think it's obvious that I don't really have today planned just yet. Last night was a bit stressful, and planning my meals was not tops on my priority list.

Steve and I had a talk last night. He's moving out. He's not leaving me, he just can't live in my house anymore. (You all probably thought I was exaggerating about how bad it is, didn't you?) I can't blame him for leaving, but at the same time I am mad and confused and I don't really know what to do. He says he's giving the realtor until the end of the week to get the water turned on and the inspection at least scheduled, then he says we're walking away. If that's not done, we're getting an apartment next week. If it is done, we may still try to find a month-to-month rental.

Right now I don't know what is going to happen. I'm worried that my parents are going to resent him for leaving and feel like he doesn't respect them, and then I'm going to resent him for leaving and my parents for driving him out, and it's just going to be a big nasty circle of resentment.

I've always been taught to deal with what you've got until you can get something better. Steve has been taught that if you don't like what you've got then you go out and get something better. He's never not had that option, and he can't understand that maybe it's not an option for me.

OK, I'm going to stop thinking about this before I start crying again.

The good thing about this is it's keeping me very on-track with my diet. I have the urge to run and eat something deep fried and cheesy, but I know that would just make it worse. My diet is the one thing I feel like I can control right now, and I need to hold on to that.

OK, I just talked to Steve, and we're not going to lunch, but he wants me to bring him some Subway for dinner. I can deal with that. I may get a salad. I don't know. I'll get something healthy.

I need to get to work. I hope you're all having a good day.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #71  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Default The Seventh in Review

Yesterday was a very bizarre food day. At 5am I had oatmeal, a clementine, 1 1/2 cartons of Egg Scramblers, 4 links of turkey sausage, 2 slices toast w/ reduced fat peanut butter, coffee w/ 1T creamer, 1/2 cup of black tea, skim milk, and a bottle of water.

Then I didn't eat again until 6:30pm. At that point, I felt I deserved a buffet. 2 plates total. 2 servings hot pepper chicken, 1 serving veggie delight, 1 serving scallops, 1 serving sweet & sour chicken, 1 piece chicken on a stick, and 3 crab rangoons.

Before bed I had some chips and salsa.

As points for the week, I'd say I got 2. I didn't do a good enough job with the protein. Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I'm still grumpy from the exam yesterday. I hate getting PAPs in general, but my body chose yesterday to spot, so I may have to go back and get it done again!

Hikein-- At least the pie was good. No reason to give up anyway. Hope you had a good night's sleep!

MsRD-- I'd take Diet Coke over water much of the time, too. I got to the point where I schedule when I drink my water and that seems to help. 1 bottle with my workout, 1 for my morning break at work, 1 for my afternoon break, and 1 any time in the evening. I often forget that one since I don't have a scheduled time for it, but I usually get it with dinner.

Rosie-- I LOVE your third goal! That stuff is just as important as healthy eating and exercise in my opinion.

Elisha-- I'm praying for you, chickie! (Wisdom and understanding all around, Lord, please?) I've never seen sodium-free broth before. Who makes it? I found a very low sodium chicken boullion at our store, and I think it has just enough for me, while still being healthy. Can't remember the brand, though. I'm a recovering salt-freak, too.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #72  

Well yesterday I went well .. except didn't fit the exersize in. Was happy with my eating .. loads of fresh fruit and vegetables. My weight was back to normal but I'm waiting till next week for the offical weigh in before I change anything.

Hikein .. great idea adding your goals to your stats. That way you can keep focused on what you're trying to achieve.

Elisha .. Hope things improve soon. Sometimes a break can do a relationship the world of good .. if it's stressfull... just don't let the added stress keep you away from your goals.. Sounds like your doing well there anway.
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #73  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hello!

Awarded myself 2 points for last week. Water and exercise were good, but I didn't eat enough fruits and veggies.

This week's goals:

1. Calories 1750 or fewer every day.
2. Bike three times.
3. Commit to weighing myself on Wednesday.

Forestdawn -- Congratulations on your weight being back to normal. AND congrats on making your goals.

Betani -- Blargh about paps.

Elisha -- Ouch! Sorry to hear about Steve.

Rosie -- Hello.

Julie -- Pie... drool... I'm going to ease into the bike training this week.

MsRD -- Hey, the handstand is pathetic yet improving. I have to kick up from the ground into the handstand. My right shoulder is still weak, so I'm collapsing about a quarter of the way up. Just gotta keep trying. And you can do it on the exercise.

Ah, heh heh, where to start about last night's jujitsu class?

It involved rotflmao. Why rolling? Because I couldn't do the one-handed cartwheels and mid-air flips that everyone else was doing!!! Egad. E-frickin'-gad.

I've been working on the front and back rolls that I told youse about. My head is finally clearing the floor on the front roll, and I can get over on the back roll. I was feeling good about myself for improving. Then last night's class involved the aforementioned insanity. I confess: even with all the happy, cheerful, determined, optimistic thoughts I usually carry around in my head, I was frustrated. I couldn't do any of the new rolls except for a sideways roll (which I didn't do so well at, either), while the rest of the class was flipping though the air.

But the frustration didn't last too long. I'm just going to have to work at these crazy gymnastics. I'm just going to have to build balance, be braver, become more flexible. The end result will be worth it. Not only will I have achieved something that looks darn near impossible... it looks like it will be a lot of fun to do.

I figure I might be able to do this stuff in about a year.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #74  

OK last weeks goals i will award all three with a point (although the calories one i was under mostly, but i menued and did push it up some, so i definitely made the effort, jut gotta keep at it! got in 2 cardio and 1 weights session! and drank more water!)

This weeks goals are kinda the same
1 - 2 cardio workouts , 2 weights workouts
2 - calories up a little more (an extra 100-200 a day!)
3 - drink at least 4 glasses water a day.

Can't chat! too much to get done!
sonja
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Weight Loss Tip #60

Hankering for a sweet treat after dinner? You can splurge on dessert -- you just have to limit your portion size. Instead of heaping scoops of ice cream into a large bowl, or worse yet, eating it directly out of the container, plop a few spoonfuls into a small teacup. The dainty serving dish will make a small amount of ice cream seem bigger. So curl that pinky and get in touch with your inner princess.

Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote