Old 12-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #136  

Yeah boy did I eat alot over xmas! I was so bloated but went for a long walk xmas afternoon so that helped. I've been winding down the last few days slowly eating better and getting all the xmas goodies used up.

Will start again tomorrow properly.

Elisha - that's great ur house is coming alone. The first house is always the most exciting.
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:10 PM   #137  

Hi everyone

I have so far done well this week
i have done.... Wait for it....

1 run (further than i have before!!!)
1 kayak (3 HOURS!!!, some guy in a house boat even offered me a steak on boxing day?? i don't know what to make of that, could have done with a cold drink though!)
2 eye toy kinetic workouts.. (25 minutes each, fairly gentle excercise)
AND DH got a 14 ft round enclosed trampoline for xmas, so i also had a bounce on that, including somersaults , which probably looked hilarious!!!)
2- 5 mile walks

I still want to get at least one weights session in!

BUT MY LEGS!!!!!!!!! on boxing day... OUCH!!!!! i think it was the trampoline, that is something i have not done before. 3 days down and they still hurt....

Food wise, Christmas eve was turning into a binge... but i stopped and added up my calories... 2700? so i just got under my limit! for the rest food has been good!

And i have been feeling better about myself!(except for the almost binge day) i have had a lot of restraint on food, I went to the supermarket yesterday, all the christmas chocolate, lollies.. are all 1/2 price!!!!!!!!!!!! oh GOD!!!!!!! how could i walk away!!!!!!!.... I am talking seriously cheap chocolate...
I did it... I looked and I walked away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of setting 1 year goals! and i am already thinking along the lines of my new years resolutions. and what i hope to achieve in this following year (not just weight issues).
I am sure we all have some big goals for the next year, maybe if we all shared and helped each other out.... to have somewhere to share ones dreams, hopes and failures.....

Sonja
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #138  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Just a quickie from me, but I had to tell you...

I'm officially engaged!!!

*does a happy dance*

I had almost talked myself out of it, I really didn't think he was going to propose, but he did! I'm so excited!

Now I've really got a reason to lose weight.

Hey, if anyone else wants to lose weight for my wedding, feel free, because, of course, you're all invited.

OK, gotta run, just had to share!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #139  

Hello All!

DH and I took the day off and went for a ride, out to lunch, a little shopping.....just pretended we had no responsibilities! And it was great! Now tomorrow is back to work.....that will be a shock to my little system!

Rosie....TY for the lovely Christmas/New Years greeting! I am always amazed when someone puts graphics like that together.....I am soooo technologically challenged!

Julie....It is so good to hear from you again! I was beginning to worry! The holidays got the best of me too and, like you, I am overanalyzing the situation. I can be super motivated and go like gangbusters for 2 weeks, and then I fall off the wagon and undermine all my progress!

Joy....I am really ready for the next challenge. Got on the scale this morning to find I had eaten myself all the way up to my all time high AGAIN!

Elisha.....Engaged! Congratulations! 2006 is going to be a great year! Have you and Steve set the date?

TBJ.....Your full time job is going to be studying for the next few weeks, and am glad to hear you are going to keep up on the exercise too (got to keep that blood pumping to the brain!)

ForestDawn.....A lovely walk on Christmas day....well, that was my plan too, but then it rained and rained and so I stayed in and ate cookies. (sigh)

Sonja.....You stopped mid-binge on Christmas dinner? You walked away from chocolate? You are awesome!

Whatever you chicks decide to do for the next challenge is ok by me. right now, I am so disgusted with myself for making no progress....and it has to change! I talked to my sister this morning (and she was always the 'fat sister') and found out she weighs less than me now! Ouch! Gotta get myself together this week and figure out how I can accomplish some major weight loss!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

CONGRATULATIONS, ELISHA!

Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #141  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

ELISHA --

OK, I'm going to be a size 10 for your wedding. You could avoid the winter there by doing a destination wedding and come here in January when it's 85 degrees... guess you'd need a Star Trek transporter for your mainland friends and family.

MsRD -- Hope you're doing OK back at work.

Sonja -- Hey, you're kicking butt.

<Music of doom, direness, and destruction>

After I'm done posting here... I start studying for the bar. Had my first bar review course last night. The next two months might not be as hellish as I thought they would be. According to the recommended reading schedule, we only need to to 4 hours of studying on days that we have class, and 8 or so hours when we don't. I was thinking 12-hour days... the recommended time is much shorter.

Hubby is going to a career fair tonight. Our future is in flux. I like jujitsu enough to want to stay at it, but what if Hubby wants to go to a different island? Hm. And by June I need to start looking for jobs. After so much rejection, I feel insecure about that.

Blah blah blah... any ideas for the next short challenge? Anybody besides Sonja up for a year-long one?

Happy day to all y'all.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #142  

Oh Elisha that's wonderful!!! Congratulations I'd love to come! Hope I can get down to a size 12 by then

Ice dragon .. steak on a houseboat sounds pretty cool. You must be looking sexy to be getting invites of total strangers

TBJ .. sounds like a lot of work. Good luck I know you can do it.

As for me for the next week my goals are

1/ keep eating like ive been doing the last two days. Been very happy with eating.

2/ exersize 30 min a day

3/ drink at least 3 glasses of mineral water per day every day. (not alot but more then I usually get in. Got to start somewhere.)
Forestdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #143  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Congratulations!!!

I tried to find all the uplifing positive vibes I could send you, Elisha! I just have to say...it's about time that Steve got down on one knee (he did, didn't he???) and asked the question!!

You will have to share with us all about your proposal and when the wedding is, etc.!!! I would love to come and be a size 10...but then...I want to be a size 10 anyway!!! So, FILL US IN, CHICKIE!!!

I'm so happy for you!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #144  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I tried to leave a quick post before I left to visit family, but my computer crashed in a melodramatic way.

Anyway, no points for me last week. My mind was just elsewhere, I guess. Total for the challange is 6.

I got a new scale for Christmas. It's one of those Tanita scales that also measures body fat percentage and body hydration percentage. I never weighed myself so often in my life. I was fascinated by the fluctuations and the tiniest things that make a difference. I read the manual front to back to front again.

But did that keep me away from the cookies? HECK NO!!

I also got a resistance band kit, but haven't the foggiest idea how to use them yet. I wish it came with a video. Oh, well. I'll muddle along with the paper instructions. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for them. I just do better with demonstration rather than still photos and written instructions.

Well, time to clean up some holiday aftermath. Hopefully some of it will count as cardio-cleaning
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:58 PM   #145  
I like jewelry.

Hi everyone --

Betani -- Woo, exercise and fitness gifts. Sounds like motivation.

Julie -- Hey, I forgot to tell you, Hubby and I hiked up Diamond Head last Saturday. If you're ever on Oahu, you should definitely do the hike. It's classified as easy, and only an hour and a half uphill.

Forestdawn -- Thanks for the well-wishes.

My total points for the challenge are 5. Hey, I get my small reward. Hope you all liked the last challenge... will someone else pretty-please set up the new one?

The job fair yesterday resulted in some good contacts for Hubby. In particular, he talked to one of the telescope organizations. They said he would definitely be getting a call soon. I hope he does. That job would be the realization of many a nerd-child's dream. When I was little, I wanted to be an astronomer, but when I went to college, I didn't have the math background. Who knows, maybe the observatory needs a lawyer?

It's a long story, but the short version goes like this: Bar Review is a video lecture. I have to drive an hour and a half to get there and back. That's a waste of time. I'm going to pick up the CD version of the lectures tomorrow. If I don't have to go to class at night, maybe I can go to jujitsu. Am still deciding.

OK, everyone have a good day.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #146  

I will give myself 3 points this week!

I actually got up and ran 5.5 km this morning, now that blows me away!!!!!!!
(took me 40 min and i only walked 6 minutes of it)

I think my total is 10 points, but i didn't really have any goals in mind, but the biggest reward is the feeling of achievement i now have!!!!!!

Now if i can keep up the good work through another month, i am going to take the kids to the local pool and waterslides! (i would take them now, but being summer holidays, it is too busy. so as soon as school is back and all the holiday makers have gone home. i will take them)
(not to mention all those stairs are a workout in themselves!)
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #147  

Hello All!

Before I get too involved in another project, I am going to sit down and connect with my chickies! I took all the xmas decorations down and put the house back in order.....and just kept going! DH had moved his puter stuff downstairs, so I have this room all to myself....moving things around, getting organized, and tonight I will move in my sewing machine!

TBJ......Thank you for the great challenge! I succumbed to all the holiday food, or I am sure I would have seen better results. Maybe we could have a repeat for January, without the cookies, and with the results?

ForestDAwn......Water is always the place I start too! It is the easiest for me to accomplish, and then go on to other areas!

Julie.....that pic of DD is adorable!

Betani.....Wow! A resistance band present! Try finding an exercise DVD that incorporates the bands use.....WATP uses it, so you might try that.

IceDragon.....You made 10 points this month! Great job! I want to grow up and be just like you.

Elisha......You haven't posted, so perhaps we should assume your feet aren't back on the ground yet?

I have a chicken simmering on the stove......chicken stew for tomorrow night's dinner......so gotta run!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #148  
Ima bundle *' emotion

I'm not doing too well over here. Trying my hardest to get back on track after a month of laziness but don't know what to do. The positive thing is I've started to record my food again. Not that I'm eating anything all that great! So what's next month's challenge?

~rosie~
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #149  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default 2006 New Year Challenge!

OK chickies, chicklets & chicas...
As you know, I have been struggling with this weight loss journey for about a year now (well, if you want to get technical, I've been struggling with it for most of my life...) and I had a long talk with myself this past week! I said "Julie, it's time you either poop or get off the pot...what's it gonna be???" So, I decided it's time to let the poop hit the fan!!!! And it's going to fly, let me tell you!!!!!

I will set up the new challenge if that's ok with everyone else! I know it will be different, but that's about all I know. I need to have accountability on a more DAILY basis for myself, so I am going to ask that if you want to join, that you all do the same! I mean, you can join either way, but think about that accountability!

Think about all the people that you have met through these challenges. Wouldn't it be nice if we really knew them better??? I know that when I was losing weight at the most intense level (for me) I had a lot of personal support from some of the chickies here on this group. Is there someone you would like to get to know better...that you think might be inspiring if only you knew them better? How about a "buddy system" with that person. You could PM each other daily, you could set them up on your IM friends list, you could just be accountable through email. I would also like to set up a time once a week for "chat time". It might not be for everyone, but it helps me so I'm sure it would help at least a few others.

So, there's some ideas for the new challenge which will be going up tomorrow sometime!

I hope you all join me in this journey. It wouldn't be the same if even one of you didn't come along!!! Thanks for listening and see you on the next challenge. I'll post here tomorrow with a link!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #150  
I like jewelry.

Thank you, Julie! Maybe we could do a rotating buddy system, get to know everyone? Am curious about the details... Heh heh, your either/or statement is funny.

Rosie -- Hey, the new year is a good time for starting over.

MsRD -- Glad you liked the challenge. Have fun with your sewing machine.

Icedragon -- Good job. You're getting so close to goal. Yeah, waterslides are a workout... especially when there's no line, going up the stairs is practically a step aerobics class.