Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #1  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default *~*~*Think Spring!! The 2005 Ultimate Spring Challenge*~*~*

Well, here we are chicks...entering a new month...throwing out the last of the Valentine's Day chocolates. Spring is literally just around the corner, bringing promises of sunshine, outdoor activities, and no more bulky clothing to hide our problem areas! Do we have what it takes for success in this newest Challenge???.............ABSOLUTELY!! We have each other, our terrific support system here!! Together, there's nothing we can't accomplish.

Let's post our goals for the next 5 weeks and get ready for our best Challenge yet! Goodbye pounds/inches..............hello SPRING 2005!!!!!!

Who's with me??????? Come on Girls!!! No matter what your goals are, what your fitness level is...let's do this TOGETHER!

Last edited by lisa girl; 02-28-2005 at 08:55 PM.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #2  

Default Need a new avatar??

Jennifer and I got together some new avatars! I tried to PM all of you with that link..if for some reason you didn't get your PM, just let me know!

Now for my goals:
1. Drink my water every day...at least 64 oz.
2. Eat within my point range, including my servings of fruits and veggies
3. Post REGULARLY even if I am struggling...it helps me so much if I do that..helps me stay connected and focused.
4. Lightly stretch and walk every day, increasing my activity as my Doctor tells me I can.
5. Be kind to MYSELF..including positive self-talk and making time for just ME.

I am SO EXCITED about this new challenge. There's nothing more motivating like a fresh start! And, it is so nice that I don't have to do this ALONE. Coming here is very motivational for me!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #3  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Count me in!

Goals:

1. Drink enough water.
2. Get and stay in Onederland.
3. Exercise at least 4 days per week.
4. Eat within calorie budget.

I can do this!

Today was a good start, even though it's not March yet. I had the munchies all day, and gave in a number of times, but calories are at 1739, which is a little high, but I exercised to make up for it, so all is well. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today for the first time ever, plus a short weight circuit. Other than that, I did a whole lot of nothing! I did drink plenty of water though. For once.

Now I am tired and sweaty. I have a job interview in the morning, so I'm going to shower and head off to bed. I hope to see all my wonderful chicks here in the morning!
Have a great night!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #4  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Hi,

Here in Oz, we're thinking Autumn, especially after the very hot weather we've endured since Christmas. However, I am also thinking Spring, as I have calculated that even if I lose #5 a month, I will be only #14 away from my goal weight come September 1! How's that for positive thinking?

I have now officially left the 160's, for the first time in over 15 years, and it feels good. I thought I might go and try some new clothes on this weekend, as I have no idea what size I am. I sew, and I have been altering my clothes as they become to big.

My goals for the next five weeks are:

* 40 minutes cardio 5 days a week.

* Yoga, pilates or free weights 3 days a week.

* Eat within my daily calorie allowance and drink 8 glasses of water.

Have a great day everyone.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yahooo - You know I'm IN

Goals for March.... (and forever)

1. Stay within points allowance
2. Get the water back up to 80 oz daily
3. Touch bases with you chicks everyday

Goals limited to March (but just as important)
4. Hit 210 pounds (lose 5 pounds)
5. Exercise 1860 minutes.
6. Get on schedule with running for Sunrun.
7. Declutter the garage
8. Develop my weekly house blessing schedule (Tues-Fri)
9. Finish all my projects
10. Do my filing & organize income tax.

Well - gotta go for my walk...
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #6  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm here...

don't have time for a long post but wanted you all to know that I'm here and sooooo ready for this challenge!

I was on target yesterday with my exercise & eating...until I sat down to watch tv! That's over now, but let's just say that the ice cream got ahold of me and it wasn't pretty!!

I will post goals later today after I get home from work! I'll be exercising tonight too, so it may be later, but I WILL be here!

Hugs to all of you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:34 AM   #7  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies! First off, thank you, Lisa, for getting this set up- especially from your recovery room there. I think we've got you as a captive audience.

I won't drag the challenge down with all the gory details (PM me if you do want to know), but hopefully everything is now settled down, and I can get back to the task at hand. I'm feeling crappy, fatter, and bloated. Salt- let's not even go there- my fingers are puffy & rings that were sliding off are now snug. Hasn't been too successful a year so far in getting any more weight off. Grr.

I am at the point with my Roid that I'm ready to snap. No matter what, I am going to get here on a daily basis. Even if I have to print up everyone's posts, read them while she's in the bathroom, and reply. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

My goals for March

Food: No more garbage
Water: 72oz before I leave work, even if I have to do the potty dance the whole way home
Exercise: Daily movement, working my way back to where I was
Weight: Lose 5 pounds of real fat, and all this dang fluid I'm retaining from eating crap.

Ok, I'm ready for this. I'm fricking tired of being fat and tired.

In case you haven't seen the Spring Avatars, click here

Last edited by **Jennifer**; 03-01-2005 at 08:55 AM.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #8  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Morning ladies!

Are we ready for the first day of our new Challenge? Not to mention the first day of March! There's about 6 inches of snow here, and if that doesn't make you think of warmer days and sunshine I don't know what will!

Today should be a mediocre day in the dieting department. I'll end up eating 4 times probably, because of my schedule, but I'll try to keep it light so I don't go overboard on calories. I won't get enough water, because I've got to work all stinking day and we're not allowed to have beverages on the floor. And I won't be exercising, because I didn't get up early enough this morning and I won't even get home until around 930-1000.

I took my measurements this morning. I'm at 201.6, and I lost 2 inches in February. I think my scale is crazy. It's never even heard of consistency. One day I'll have lost 3 pounds, then it'll be back, then it's gone, then there's more, then 2 pounds down.... I'm starting to think it's not even worth using. *sigh*

I'm thinking I need to cut out carbs again, or at least limit them somewhat. I've got to do something. I'm more than a little PO-ed that I can't seem to lose weight anymore. Yeah, my weight goes up and down every day, but I haven't actually lost anything since August. August! This is getting ridiculous. I don't know what else to do.
And I'm not "gaining muscle and losing fat" either, because my measurements go randomly up and down on a monthly basis too. My clothes aren't fitting any different, I don't have more energy, nothing. I've changed my routine, I've changed my diet, and nothing's working. I'm very frustrated.

I just want to get back below 200. Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, I've got loads to do this morning, so I'd better get moving. I hope everyone has a great day.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #9  

Hello all!

You know I'm in! There is nothing like a new challenge to boost the positive attitude! A new start.....time to re-focus, re-tune the goals, kickstart the motivation! For March, I will continue the WATP cd (it has been a godsend....just what I needed!) and, as the weather gets warmer (less snow anyway), I will be out with the dog nearly every evening for a jaunt. Counting calories has been successful, so I will continue that also....aiming between 1400-1500 per day. Water is absolutely a no-brainer Monday thru Friday......but I have to work on boosting it on the weekends also!

Lisa.....thank you for starting this new thread and the avatars are beautiful! I think we all need a little Spring right now......this snow and cold weather is really beginning to get me down!

Elisha.....Did I hear 'job interview'? How did it go? For what position? Got my fingers crossed for you, chickie!

Lucia.....Leaving the 160's behind has got to be an awesome feeling. Look what you have accomplished! I am so proud of you!

Joy.....You have such great goals, and I know you will accomplish them in the next month! I especially like the goals not totally focused on dieting......it reminds me that there is more to life (and more that needs work!) than just how many calories I have burned today!

Julie.....Ice Cream! That is my absolute fav snack......did I tell you that my Mom once owned an ice cream store? Talk about heaven! I count my calories all day, and if I have been very very good and have some left in the budget, I allow myself a dish of ice cream. (And I dish it into a measuring cup, so I know exactly how much I am having!)

Jenn......It is soooo good to hear from you again! I really miss your posts! Time to get back on track, chickie! We are going to accomplish great things this month!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #10  

Okay I have been MIA for a while... weeks actually but I am ready to get back into it. Figured that ya'll would start another challenge at the beginning of the month so this is the perfect time to do it. I haven't been doing so well with food but have put healthier food in the housse and threw out ALL of the junk food so taht I don't get tempted (hubby is away for the week).
My goals for these 5 weeks...

1. Exercise 4-6 days a week (running atleast 2 days)
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Allow myself 1 splurge day every 2 weeks as long as I stayed on plan.
4. Eat 5 smaller meals a day (under 1200 calories)
5. Be under 140 lbs.
6. Make it to a size 10 for all outfits comfortably.
7. Give myself time for me (not Jasmine, John, and then me)
8. Have a better attitude towards ignorance.
9. REWARD myself if make the goal.

That is all. Hopefully I can make it and do all that is needed so make my goals. I think that I can but if anyone does see me slipping then let me know and get on me. I need that lately since I have been so lazy and not motivated at all.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 PM   #11  

Hi girls!

I am encouraged, because today was one of my best feeling days so far. My Mom even drove me to Longhorn for lunch! It was so good to get out of the house. Of course, by the time I got home, I was worn completely out! Boy, am I a weakling!! But, seriously, I have to keep telling myself that I just had major surgery...it takes time to recover. I am so antsy to start exercising...the food I eat..I just feel like it is "sitting on me"...just hanging around on my waist and hips!! It has been so very hard for me to eat right! Everybody keeps feeding me! I guess they are "taking care of me"..and I really appreciate it. I've not had to cook, really. So, today I was counting my points, and I realized how much I HAVE BEEN EATING WHILE RECOVERING..good grief, I have to be careful, cause I'm gonna just gain like crazy.

But hear me now: I will persevere.....I need to send DH to the store for salad and the like, although my tummy doesn't want anything like that. I want carbs...comforting things..I still feel so bloated and yes, in some pain. O.K. LISA ENOUGH OF THE WHINEFEST......

Tracy - Hi there! Did you get your staples out? I was curious as to what your Doctor said...was he upset over what happened?? Oh, you have been on my mind so much! I am still praying for you to feel better. I am SO VERY SORRY that you are going through this. I'm anxious to hear how you are. ((((((((Tracy!)))))))))

MsRD - Oh, that sounds like so much fun to have had a Mom that owned an ice cream store! Cool! And, you would think we are nuts here...it snowed lightly on and off today...my kids were WILD!! They were so excited to see it! Nothing stuck (of course!! GRRRRR), but it was pretty. We get a pitiful amount of snow and just think it is fabulous!! LOLOL!!!! I am jealous of you getting all that pretty snow! (Isn't the grass always greener??? )

Julie - Hey chica!! Not taking any orders from that icecream are ya?? Nah, you're o.k...you are combating stuff like that with all this exercise you're doing.

Joy - Hi there!! How are you?? Did you get your walk in?? OH, and BTW...you need to update us on your animals! How are they doing??

Lucia - Sorry, I know the challenge sounds crazy to you...since you are not Thinking Spring . Actually, aren't you hoping for cooler weather? Did you say you live in New Zealand?? Why was I thinking that? Is it just this medication I am on?? LOL Anyway, Hello to you girl!

Elisha - UPdate please!! Tell us about the interview!!!!!! (that is, if you want to...sorry that sounded bossy )

MARY, COME ON NOW....GET ON THE CHALLENGE!!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:55 PM   #12  

Sorry,,,had to post quickly cause DH needed me, and I didn't want to lose the post.

OH, GABRIELLE!!! YEA!! SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK . THIS IS GREAT!!!

And, Jennifer - thanks for being YOU. It was so nice to see your post. It's just not the same if you're not with us . ((((Jennifer)))))...sorry about that "roid" at work..gosh that would annoy me to no end!! Maybe her husband will get transferred somewhere and she will move away! (Well, we can hope!! )

O.K.,...gotta go get some sleep. Have a good night everybody!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #13  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Hi Chickies,

Second day of Autumn, and it's a hot one . My exercise today will be finishing off the tree and shrub pruning I started Monday evening. Along with the heat, we've had quite a bit of rain over the summer months, which is unusual, so the lawn and plants have not stopped growing all summer, which has been wonderful. I'm from Australia, I believe the Kiwi's enjoy milder weather than us.

It is a great feeling to finally hit the 150's! I have got back into the habit of weekly weigh-in's, but so far, I have had a result each week.

I must go, my lunch break is almost over , have a great day everyone, and I'll check in again tomorrow.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everybody

Quick post tonight.... too much TV tonight

Food today
oatmeal to go bar
bran bar
left over coleslawmein
apple
banana
bran bar
cauliflower soup
spinach salad
2 WW buns
2 bran bars
4 handfuls of peanuts

Exercise
2x 15 minute walks
35 minute walk/run with dogs (mostly walk)

Lucia - Way to go.... in the 150's that's a long range dream for me

Gabwill - Welcome back - I missed you

Jennifer - Look forward to your daily posts - roid or no roid - we need you and you need us

MsRd - It's really beginning to seem like Spring here - the crocus and daffodil are blooming and the plum and cherry trees are breaking out it bud. The colored tips of the pink rhododendrums are peaking out..... it really feels like a renewal - rebirth - restart...

Miss Elisha - I sometimes end up weighing way more than I should - but I think you'd feel better if you set a day and time to weigh weekly or even monthly. TWO INCHES IN ONE MONTH IS A GREAT RESULT..

Hey Hikein - I'm having a tough time keeping up with my workout schedule.... I read your comment and think maybe I'll not aim quite so high with the daily exercise.... I fell asleep after putting my shoes on this morning and didn't exercise.... I think maybe I need to get more sleep.

Anyways gotta go - Amazing race is almost over and I want to see the result.

Catch up with ya tomorrow.... keep up the good work chicks

Last edited by squabb56; 03-02-2005 at 10:09 AM.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:28 AM   #15  

Hello! I'm a newbie around here, just thought I'd join you ladies!
I just started trying to lose weight, and I think I picked the perfect time, spring does have a way of making me feel like I really CAN do it! Also, I'm going to be moving this weekend(my husband got out of the military not long ago and we've been staying with my parents but we just rented a place) so that really makes me feel like this is a fresh start!
My goals for March:
Drink 64oz of water every day
Walk at *least* 3 days a week
Lose 5lbs by my birthday, the 24th
usmcwife1997 is offline   Reply With Quote