Old 12-17-2004, 03:50 PM   #121  
my dad made me1 from wood

Just saying hi nothing new to say been doing school work thats bout it.
Take care all,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:03 AM   #122  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday Morning!

Morning everyone!
I have lots to do today, probably like everyone else! I'm feeling particularly FAT today! I know I need to get my bootie in gear and just start exercising! Well, I am going to try to start today again! I just need to do SOMETHING!

I have been super busy the last few days and our computer has some sort of pop-up virus...have tried every piece of dowloads available. Hubby thinks he may have to go have it "cleaned" by the professionals. UGH!! It's a pain in the arse! About every minute or so when we are on line, the pop ups will come and if you don't catch the first one to delete it, they start multiplying! GRRRRR! Anyone else having this problem?

I'm feeling a little relief from work now that one of our big Holiday events is over. It was Thursday night...a family gathering with desert and candles and the works. We had a huge turnout...more than we expected, so it was really nice. Sometimes I wonder if all the hard work is really a pay off, but this time, I knew it was! Next week will be "crunch time" as we are collecting presents for all the residents and they are coming in fast and furious! So just have to get those organized, get ALL the residents to the dining room on Thursday, so Santa can give them to the resident! I think I have everything in order for that! I will be so glad when the holiday season is over, so that we can get back to a "normal" routine (whatever that is! LOL) both at work and home! I've been gone so much at night lately, that I think my DD thinks I don't sleep here anymore!!

OH chickies...as far as the little black dress goes...I'm 2 sizes too big for it right now! Like I said, I have a LOT of work to do! I tried to try it on, but it wouldn't even fit over my hips!!!

Food today will hopefully be healthy choices! I need to get off line now...the pop ups are driving me nuts!!!!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #123  

Happy Saturday!

And Happy Weigh-In Day! I am down 1/2pound......and don't ask me how *that* happened! LOL. It's going to be a busy day......this is my last day off before Christmas, and everything around here is half-done.....and the baking not even started! (well, maybe that is a good thing..hehehe)

And, in the midst of all of this, DH has decided we should finish our basement. He is drawing up plans and keeps calling me in to "look at this" and "what do you think about that?" I know, I know.....I should be happy he wants my input.....but it is hard to act enthusiastic about his project when I have 11 other things on my mind!

Well....off to the grocery store....maybe stop in at the mall for 1 more last minute gift....clean clean clean....decorate the house.....and maybe wrap presents this evening. (did you notice there was no time left for eating? what a plan!)
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:43 PM   #124  
Pending Email Confirmation

Congrats on the loss MsRD
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:24 PM   #125  

Yesterday wasn't such a good day I was depressed all day bout my weight. Like you hikein I felt fat.
Hikein- you can do it and get everything ready for the residents
MsRD- Congrats on the weight lose.
I did however do my slim in 6 ab routine I woke up a lil sore this morning.
EVERYONE ELSE HI AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YA.....
Old 12-19-2004, 05:11 PM   #126  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! I've been MIA.. Tom has got me down. I didn't exercise at all yesterday. Not yet today either. I'm down two lbs. Was hoping for a little more than that.. but I'll take it. Gotta go, just checkin in!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #127  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies! Sneaking in a post between the 1800 phone calls I'm making, and all the other month-end, year end stuff I'm shuffling around.

Arrrrrrgh! It is getting down to the wire...almost time to have my final decisions made & all that fun stuff...help! Opinions, please! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Vote....

1. Take the job with the 6.5K increase and deal with the 45 minute drive

2. Stay here, under another loan officer with guaranteed production & no more job worries, 5 miles from the house, provided Boss can come close on the $$$.

Taking into consideration that the house will not be done for 12-15 months...so this is for all 2005. When the house is done, Job A will still be about 40-45 mins drive. Job B would be about at hour, but a much more flexible arrangement, small office (20 total) and a boss that comes in @ 10am, and a loan consultant who also comes in for a few hours & then leaves. For the same basic $$$, which would you choose?
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 01:22 AM   #128  

Hey Jennifer.... Forget about the money and the time.... which job would make your happier, more fulfilled, more empowered, more secure????

Tough choice to make.... bottom line do what will make you happiest in the end.

Probably not much help, but you need to consider all your options not just the convenience or inconvenience, and once taxes are considered the wages make some difference but may not be that significant in the end..... What about options for upward mobility....if you're into that?

don't envey you your choice, but, on the up side.... you have a choice to make.

Last edited by squabb56; 12-21-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:42 AM   #129  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick check in

I have a little more time in the mornings to check my email as DD doesn't have school this week and babysitter comes here!!! YEA!! I really SHOULD be using that time to work out!

Just wanted to say that I still have not gained through this season (and it has been a stressful one!) and for that I am proud of myself. I continuously think about what I am putting in my mouth...even as Iput the bad stuff in! But then try to do damage control later with more healthy choices! Been making lots of soups around here, so that is helping! Made a pot of bean soup yesterday. Hubby is making up a batch of all meat chili tonight! We will certainly be "regular" around here!!

Way to go on the loss MsRD!!!

Jennifer....I agree with Joy...do what your heart is telling you to do! Sounds like you know what you want to do...so go with it! I wish you luck and send positive vibes your way!!!

Lisa...got your note. I will respond...I promise!!!

The rest of ya...Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays...I may not get in to check in here for a while. We have major problems with a pop up virus on our computer and hubby has tried everything! He called the pros and they told us to do some things, which aren't working! So he may have to take it in afterall!

HUGS to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:55 PM   #130  

Hello All!

Peanut brittle....almond bark.....Scottish shortbread....fudge....fruitcake....hand-dipped choclates.....cookies......candied cinnamon almonds.......this is kinda how my week is going. Egad! And it is only Tuesday! You would think that with all this extra sugar, I would have extra energy for exercising......yeah, right.

Jenn....I agree with the others.....follow your heart. Don't worry about the commute.....I have 35 minutes one way and have been doing it for 15 years ( and you don't have to deal with ice storms and blizzards where 35 minutes turns into an hour and a half!) Trust your instincts.....you will make the right decision.

Julie....I am so proud of you for not gaining this holiday season! That is really tough (I speak from experience)....your bean soup sounds delicious!

Jaymi.....down two pounds! Way to go, chickie! You get the inspiration medal of the week!

DD called today and they want to do a deep fried turkey for Christmas here......we have never had one, so are looking forward to it.

I think my life has gone into hyperdrive this week.....I am sure you can all relate! If I don't get back in here, I wish everyone Happy HOlidays!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:54 AM   #131  

Jenn I also argee with everyone else follow ur heart which one would make u happier....
Ms. RD- Fried Turkey is great we have one every Christmas they are yummy....
I'm doing 27 points for my ww instead of the 25 that I normally do I go up more when its my TOM. Thanksfully it on Christmas but I haven't done any exercise getting ready for Christmas plus I'm having 5 kids spending the the next 3 nights with me. Well, off to bed Heather
Old 12-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #132  
LucyKitty

Jennifer... I exist! FIrst, congrats on the offers, my dear! I say forget about the commute. You've been working in a small office for a while now, haven't you? And you hate the gossip and the stupid crap that comes with it, plus the uncertainty of not getting your paycheck (which happened a couple of times, right?) because the office IS small, and if things don't happen, y'all don't get paid. I know a lot of people would say it sounds snobby, but take the higher paying job that you'll have a longer commute for. I drive 1 1/2 hrs each way to work, EVERY DAY. It's still worth it. And you might be able to find someone to carpool with, ya know? *hug* You rock, cuz. Do what makes YOU happy.

Well. I AM ALIVE!!!!

Okay. So went back to the doctors' after the useless dietician. He says he doesn't know, maybe I should try OTC supplements. ARRRGH!

My foot is still halfway messed up, but now the bone in my toe sticks out sideways. YAY. I have to see a podiatrist about my foot, as my doc thinks I may have gout. I didn't know what that was, so I asked, "isn't that like scurvy for your feet or something?" and he laughed, and said no, it's arthritis in your foot's joints. Which is not too common in young people, but since I already have arthritis, not totally unimaginable. *shrug*

Other than that, been working A LOT. 50 hours or so a week. But at least I am getting paid well for it! New job is going well. Going to start looking for a new place in early January, as our office will be moving in March or April (When we actually get to move).

I found this rad grocery store in our town, Central Market. Okay, so they annoy me because half of their crap is overpriced just because it says organic on it, and I don't really care if something is organic or not, and i think it's definitely overrated. Buuuut they have EVERY SINGLE KIND of Luna bar EVER!!! AND a giant Asian foods department, which I happily raided. AND a live seafood butcher so you can get fresh crab & shrimp. AND a giant produce section. AND I love it.

Well, I have today through next Monday off (5 days!!), so I'm basically planning to clean, pack, and relax. I hope you're all having a great, happy (warm, Julie!) holiday n whatnot. I'll definitely check back in BEFORE three weeks from now!

Take care, and Merry Xmas (or Happy whatever you celebrate)!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:03 PM   #133  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Well, I did it. I picked a job. After much deliberation, hair pulling, stress, aggravtion, and uncertainty, I picked a job.

I am staying at my current company, but taking a position under the highest producer in the office, and one of the top 3 producers in the whole state of FL.

In order to keep my, my manager coughed up at 23% increase in my base pay, plus .05 basis points. Basically, whatever many million $$ in loans we close, I get .00005% of that as a bonus. Not bad, right? Wait, there's more.

In order to move me that far, that fast...it took some fanagling, but also included a promotion to Senior Associate. The only SA in the office. Yup. I am joining the team in a position that puts me at a higher grade level than my shadow. Wow. Wow, wow wow! Say that for about 3 hours straight, and that's been my last 24 hours.

Bovine is a little surprised. Debbie, the Loan Officer I will be working with, went to Bovine today to let her know that when I became available & resigned, she first referred me to someone at my company, closer to my new house, but then realized she had the production to be able to keep me herself, and was doing that.

Man, did the cowhide fly after that! I accepted the position this morning, Debbie came into the office specifically to talk to Bovine, and then walked past, gave me the thumbs up, and left for the day. I went in to talk to Bovine after that, and I swear, the looks she gave me. I told her that's what took 3 hours behind closed doors with our manager yesterday. That this offer wasn't even legitimately on the table until then, and that when Debbie was able to meet my other offer, that for the next year, it certainly made more sense. I told her it wasn't personal, that I had fully intended to go work elsewhere, but when this opportunity presented itself, that I really couldn't turn it down, having 2 years in the job already, etc.

She of course, acted as if I had been planning this for months & months. I told her it wasn't personal. It's the right business move for me & hubby. That it was not even a viable offer until 12/22, and that I had the day off but had to come in to accept or decline the offer, and THAT's why I was in. She's a *****, and she's stinging even more now that she knows her attempt to shaft me & leave me jobless, or to cut my salary to 24K (starting salary for the lowest position in the office) resulted in me looking elsewhere, the manager fighting to keep me, matching (and beating the base salary) my offer, and opening up endless possibilities under Debbie....I flourished when Monica tried to step on me.

I'm like a weed- try to kill me & I only grow bigger!

So...that's the plan. Same work, higher producer, higher caliber client, 2 other teammates to help divvy up the workload, nice people, same laid-back manager, freedom to do the things that I need to do- and I even got her to commit to a flexible schedule once the house is ready- whether earlier or later, I got 7-4, 7:30 to 4:30, 8 to 4:30 with a half hour lunch, or 9-5:30 with a half hour lunch as "acceptable" to her. Cool. Freedom, autonomy, support, upward movement, $$$, and still the same "fostering" and "closeness" that we've had there. Except for the Backstabbing Bovine, of course. Heh heh heh....

Oh- and I have to share this. Bovine's daughter....I need to come up with a code name for her...hmmm...Heifer? Veal? Ah, yes, veal. Veal came today for her "interview" but didn't think it would be important to bring her resume. She sat with me for about half an hour to see what I was doing. I showed her some of the spreadsheets for tracking, and the way I keep the list of what's needed on the files. When I went to lunch, she went to be interviewed, and then that fell apart because she was totally unprepared. This is the person who is supposed to help you grow your business leaps & bounds moreso than I did? Oh, come on. Snort. Chuckle. Guffaw. Uh huh...I believe that. The "highly capable" person didn't think a resume would be required. She left, and around 3:30 she faxed in a poor quality copy of a copy of a prior fax that looked like crap. I brought it to the manager, but of course, I had to peek at it first. Veal has had 10 different jobs in the last 9 years, none of which lasted more than a year. Ok, yeah, that's the stability that you want. Of course, it's Bovine's child, so there's no way around hiring her.

I CANNOT WAIT to see things fall to pieces around her. Not that I wish her ill....I wish her justice. Payback...it really is a beeeeeyotch. Get used to late nights & early mornings, Bovine & Veal. Let's see you pull this mess together.

Whew!!!

OK, all the poison is out of my system. I started moving some stuff around this afternoon. Scrubbed off what will be my new desk. I am abandoning my old phone #, catchy as it is & all. I figure if a client kept my card & calls wanting to work with Team Bovine again, it will automatically go to Veal & I won't have to deal with the explanation every time the phone rings. Better to just start fresh with a new # to give to family & hubby, and join the new team.

Ok, so what do you think? Yes, this job will be less stress, more opportunity, doing what I like, it's secure, fun people, and a great manager. Yes, it makes me happy.

My original last day was supposed to be 12/27. Since we're now tearing up my letter of resignation, I'll be there then & 12/28, and then I have scheduled 2 "sick" days (have to use that time or lose it) for "medical appts" that I made when I was going to be off from work that week. So...2 days to move crap & get my new setup ready, and move the existing stuff for Veal to the empty office next to Bovine. Files, etc. Keeping my computer & printer & moving that, plus planning to keep a small file cabinet to move to my new digs. She can have the big one.

Well, I have been running off at the fingers for how long now? I've got to get a few things settled...tomorrow we leave for Christmas at Mom's, so time to get things prepared & packed, and then chill out & take an hour to myself to veg out, or take a bubble bath. Ahhh...that sounds like a good way to celebrate!

(((chickies))) Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! Merry, merry to all who celebrate, and safe traveling for everyone gathering with family & friends. Be safe, have fun, enjoy, and let's be ready to hit this in full swing after the holidays! New Year coming up, so that's a new challenge of course, and some new habits to start thinking about!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:59 AM   #134  

Right On Jennifer. Good for you. I'm glad you made a choice that makes you happy and gives you what you need. YOU DESERVE IT.

Nice to hear from you Lucy - take care of that foot.

Good plan MsRD - allow yourself a couple of extra points.

Julie - That's awesome - staying the same under stress (or distress). Remembering to be mindful of what your eating is half the battle.

Well I had weigh in last night - I was down 2.6 pounds. Total of 32.8 now. Only one more pound to go to meet my December 5 pound mini goal. Hopefully I can do it.

Took out DD & DGS#1 & DGS#2 for dinner at Montana's and filled up on nachos, beer, ribs, baked potato and mile high mud pie.... Not a bad day eating wise until dinner tho....

No exercise again, except if you count shopping On the run since about 5am and its almost 12midnight so I'll say good night. If I don't have time to get back online I wish you and your families all the best of what Christmas brings.

Peace .... and Joy.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #135  

Merry Christmas Eve!

I got out of work at noon today......let the holidays begin! Our family Christmas isn't until Sunday, December 26, and dinner will be here. Since I have a lot of things to finish up, that extra day is going to come in handy!

Lucy....so glad you will be seeing a podiatrist. This problem has gone on way too long, and needs a specialist to get is resolved.

Jenn......Congrats on the new job. You sound sooooo happy....and you deserve it! Now you will be able to achieve your full potential......yay you!

Joy.....down 2.6 pounds! You should be able to make your goal for December.....wow!

Gotta cut this short, chickies......but just wanted to wish everyone a lovely holiday season.....travel safely, have fun, enjoy!