Old 12-25-2004, 07:44 PM   #136  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Merry Christmas!

For those of you who celebrate, anyway! For those of you who don't, Happy Holidays! It was a quiet day around our house with just the 3 of us, but it was nice that we didn't have to travel anywhere...and considering that we got dumped on yesterday (6 inches..maybe more!)...it was a blessing we didn't have to be anywhere! Lots of phone calls to and from family members, though so that felt like a connection anyway! Hope everyone else had an enjoyable holiday.

To be honest, I was a little bored today and didn't really feel like doing anything! Too cold to go out (single digits here!) and all the stores are closed today (except for Walgreens & Riteaid!) So I took a nap, lounged around, played with DD (she made out like a bandit with all her gifts!) and made a dessert (mostly sugar free). I'll post the recipe on the recipe thread! The crust is made with pretzels, there is a cream cheese/cool whip layer and then topped with strawberry jello and strawberries! Yummy!!!!! I used Splenda when sugar was called for and sugar free jello. I used the lite Cool whip, but not much in sugar there! Most of the calories comes from the butter in the crust and the cream cheese, which I'm sure you could subsitute!

With the holiday behind me now, I should be in much better shape (no puns intended!) to get back ON PLAN! I know I've been really slacking and although the scale (last week) did not show a gain, I'm afraid to check this coming week! Yikes! With all this time I have now, I should be able to whip out a meal plan for the next month in no time! And my exercise plan is hanging on the fridge where it's been for the last 2 months! I just have to start using it!

Oh, oh, oh!!!! I got my MP3 Player for Christmas!!! Yes! I'm so excited to start using it! I've already downloaded a bunch of songs to it. It's amazing how a little tiny thing like that can hold and play all that music!! And it sounds great!!

I know Jennifer is really busy with the job change and all, so I guess we will stay here at least until the New Year when maybe we can get things started on the new challenge! Maybe I should help her out, eh? Well, I'll talk to her and if anyone has any great ideas, let us (her) know!

January 1 is just around the corner, so come on everyone...let's get our goals in mind and put them to paper!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:31 PM   #137  

Hello All

I have scheduled today and tomorrow off as vacation days.......now *that* was an inspirational moment! It has been so nice to just putter around the house....clean up after yesterday's party.....balance the checkbook (oops!)......just catch up on little things that needed doing. My big outing today will be taking the dog and cat to the vet for their shots.....woohoo!

I did get on the scale......and was up 2 pounds. That was no surprise, as I have eaten everything in sight and not exercised for the past week. I am trying to put that into perspective.....and remembering some past holidays when I would pack on 10-15 pounds! Nonetheless......I will get back on plan this week......and really am looking forward to the January challenge to re-energize!

DH is starting to make hammering noises in the basement, so I think I will go down and see if he needs help.....it will keep me busy and away from Christmas cooky leftovers!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:10 PM   #138  
my dad made me1 from wood

jenn- Congrats on picking the job for you.
joy- great job on the 2.6lbs
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:10 PM   #139  
LucyKitty

WooOOOOO!!! HI!

Okay. So.

I'll go see the stupid podiatrist about my foot and get my gout diagnosed and then be done with the stupid thing and take my one pill for gout every day and be happy and normal! NO BOOTS FOR ME!!

Xmas here was RAD! I got this awesome 1gb mp3 player that also has an FM radio and MASSIVE Phillips audio sound in the uber-rad headphones! WOOT!

I have this snotty relative who has, since I was about 12, gotten me a size MEDIUM jacket almost every freaking year. Mind you, while I was wearing a size 24, she got me this MEDIUM JACKET. I was appalled. So was my whole family. She thought it was FUNNY. I don't like this little snotty cousin of mine who treats her poor daughter like a piece of trash. (When her daughter was a kid, and she's 1 yr younger than I am, her mother would not allow her, even at holidays, to eat anything -she- wanted to eat. She would yell at her, "IT WILL MAKE YOU FAT!" and make her poor kid cry. Now her daughter wears a little bit bigger size than me, but she's taller, and gained from a medication she was on. I love my cuz, but not the mother that is mean to her!) Anyway, so this year...

I get a medium jacket. In really weird blue (which i actually liked).

So I exchanged it for the Smoothie Elite at Sears. I know. You weren't expecting THAT!!!

I also got a foodsaver, which will make my life WAY easier! I can buy veggies and they won't hork on me in 2 days! YAY!

Other than that, since my doc told me to try OTC weight loss stuff, I've been asking friends around the country and I found out that a bunch of them did TrimSpa and it worked. So I'm going to say to **** with this, and buy the stuff, and be done with this.

I finally got to work out today! I did 10 minutes on my machine. Wow. That is so lame. But it felt AWESOME.

And I promptly came out to the living room and fell asleep for almost 3 hours. Oops. hehe!

Anyhoo, things are going pretty well, here! I have a treat for myself, actually. Mom-in-law got me a $100 gift card to Fashion Bug, my favorite store in the WOOOORLD, for Xmas. I am keeping it hostage in my wallet until I return to at least a size 10. Maybe until the size 8 pops up. This way, I'll get to go buy myself a few nice, new things in my nice, new/old size. Yay!

I know Julie said she'd post her pretzelley jello recipe (which I want to try!), but my mom has this awesome jello. Raspberry jello with craisins in it and some pineapple juice and some apple chunks and cranberry sauce or something... it is SO GOOD. And she even used sugar-free, and NO ONE noticed. I love it. Fruit & sugarfree jello together, yum!

Okay, well... that's about it. I think. Hope everybody has had a great holiday, and I'll check back in later this week, I SWEAR!!

*hugs to all* Take care!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:09 AM   #140  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a enjoyable (and rewarding) Christmas.

All my good intentions went out the window this season . It'll be nice to get back to routine, life seems much simple to deal with. Not so many tough choices to make.

I'm very anxious to get on with the next challenge. It sounds like there are a lot of us in the same boat.

I'm pretty doubtful about a positive weigh in on Wednesday. :

Lucy - GOOD FOR YOU - turning that negative gift into a positive for yourself. What a good idea - saving the $100 bucks for a new size 10 outfit - talk about incentive!

MsRD - I've taken a few days off too - it's been nice .... except that we have spend a lot of the time trying to figure out how to hook up the DVD player my daugher bought us It's still not hooked up and the 1-800 help line isn't open until Jan. 3rd and now the livingroom is torn apart until we get it hooked up .......

Hikein - Yup - gotta write those resolutions down.... I think I'll call them long term and short term goals...... maybe we should have a new thread dedicated to this....
What do you all think?

Here's where I use this thread as a confessional. I ate anything I wanted, I did not exercise - until today. We took the dogs for a long walk along the river, approximately one hour. It was a beautiful day on the west coast and the mountains were glistening with new snow :snf: and showing all their splendor in the clear blue sky. There was quite a breeze, but it was a warm ocean wind...... enough of that. I have been drinking my water, journalling has been sporatic as well as keeping in touch here....

Anyways gotta go..... I'll check back in tomorrow.

Hugs
:-J
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:00 AM   #141  
motomom

Default Tuesday AM

Good Morning chickies!

Just a quick note to let you all know that I stepped on the scale yesterday...it wasn't pretty!!! Up 3#'s!!!! What did I expect? I have had no awareness in the last week (since my last weigh with no gain!) of what is going in my mouth! Actually, that's not true! I am well aware of what I put in my mouth...maybe more accurately would be that I am not caring!!!

So it's time! Time to really buckle down and get serious! I am going to start on Friday with a workout (which I have not done in over a month!) and getting rid of all the food crap in my house. None of us need it. DD would rather eat fruit than candy, so there ya go! Hubby and I would rather eat the junk if it's there...and if it's not...we have no choice! This IS all about choices, isn't it?

Joy...your walk sounds delightful! It's been bitter cold here (sub zero's in the mornings)...not good for walking! But it's supposed to warm up in the next few days and get up into the 40's (which will feel like Spring around here!!) Glad you enjoyed your day!

Lucy...I got an MP3 player too! I've got a bunch of songs already on it, just waiting for me to use it! How fun that you took back that size Med jacket and exchanged it for what you wanted! Awesome! Oh, btw...thanks for the reminder...I posted that recipe last night!

MsRD...we will get that 2#'s off in no time, right? You are so right...could have been so much worse! Good luck this week!

Looking forward to the next challenge. I'm working on my STG and LTG's. They are pretty much the same, but want to focus on (re)building healthy habits...one at a time here!

Hugs to all!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:44 AM   #142  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! I'm sooo sorry I haven't been here.. but I've been soooo busy. I haven't stepped on the scale.. but so far... at least I HAVENT cheated and ate any meat. But for Christmas there was green beans, mustard greens, sweet potatos, potato salad, cornbread dressing.. whooo I didn't need any! My mom made me some gumbo with just shrimp in it! YUMMMM. But the thing that has been killing me are the fish sandwiches from Mcdonalds....... and the fries... but oh well. I haven't had a chance to exercise but I'm going to try and go turn in my free week membership from planetfitness. Anyways I better go. I hope all is doing great!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:52 PM   #143  

Hello All!

I know how bad I have been when I start craving vegetables...... I had a bowl of vegetable soup for lunch.....best tasting thing I have had for 2 weeks! That just proves that if I listen to my body, it will steer me toward the food that it needs.

Lucy.......someday, you will turn to your nasty cousin and say (sweetly, of course) "a size medium is soooo big on me.....you wouldn't mind if I exchanged it for something smaller?" That should fix her!

Squabb.....your walk with your dogs sounded so wonderful. It has been bitterly cold here with ridiculous windchills.......I really miss getting out with our dog (and I think he misses it too!)

Hikein.....sounds like both of us are ready to put our holiday sins behind us and start working off the extra pounds! We can do this!

Jaymi......mmmmm.....fries from McD's are my downfall too! And they are nothing but trouble, sister! A free weeks fitness membership.....lucky you! That should get you kick-started!

Have been doing some serious resolution thinking.....nothing down on paper yet, but just thinking of where I was last year and where I am this year and how I really want to make a change for the better.

Vacation is over today, so I better go get some laundry done....I'm sure they wouldn't want me to come slouching in in my jeans and t-shirt!
Old 12-28-2004, 10:04 PM   #144  
LucyKitty

Msrd - You are my new hero. I would LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE to be such a snot to her! haha!! YOU ROCK! I wish I loved McDonald's fries. I don't like going through drive-thrus alone, so it would be hard for me to get them... no, my posion of the moment would be Corn Nuts. SO not fair. At least they have fiber, right?

Julie - Woo! I still have to find my mom's recipe. I also have an evil, evil recipe from her that I could live off of. Souper Spuds. Something about potatoes, sour cream, and a TON of cheddar cheese. *drool* I LOVE those things. My one holiday splurge dish!

Well... I actually updated during the week!! *Gasp gasp* No food in house that is edible for a dinner entree. We get paid Thursday, and this weekend we're going to make a big shopping trip to walmart for groceries the ubercheap way.

I did 10 min yesterday. Nothing today. My head is throbbing and I am -beat-. I worked just under 10 hrs today, so I am going to spend the night relaxing. Plus, no time for lunch, hah... like I'd have time for something so trivial at work.

Anyhoo, hope you're all doing well! Cya soon!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:46 AM   #145  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well its been a busy day for me..... of course I've procrastinated and left all the laundry to be done today (so I have something to wear to work tomorrow). I've cleaned and washed walls, went shopping.... and out for dinner... .then home to the waiting laundry. Probably won't get to bed until midnight again....

I basically stayed OP until dinner and after. Planning some quiet home celebrations for New Years Eve (bubbly and steak etc. etc. etc.) and dinner for the whole "famn damily" but will TRY to stay mindful of what goes in...

Hikein -- I'm sure the 3# will disappear as fast as it came on once the new challenge starts I know I am anxious to start being serious again. I'm sure my weigh in tomorrow will show at least a 2# gain.

MsRD - I've been thinking about resolutions too. Having trouble coming up with something that inspires me because it seems that every year they are the same. I think I will try to measure my gains / losses for the year and applaud those that worked and try to figure out how to make right those that need attention. I think I may need re-affirm WHY achieve the resolutions. Just some thoughts..... but I will definately write them down by FRIDAY.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:46 AM   #146  
motomom

Default I worked out!!!!

Yes! I did it! I got my sorry butt on that bike and rode for 25 minutes! It felt good and I plan to make this a habit...again! Funny how difficult it is to make something so good for us a habit and how easy it is to stop! Why do we do that? OK, so the plan is to work out again tonight when I get home. I will admit that it was easier last night as hubby and DD were not home when I got home...and I got home earlier than my usual 5:30!

I had a Dr. appt. yesterday. Have some wrists/thumbs which are giving me some problems! Grrr! I was diagnosed with an "uncommon" nerve problem called Dequarvains (not sure of the spelling) about 6-8 years ago. I have babied it since then, but I've been doing a lot of sorting through Medical Records these past few weeks and I think it flared it back up! So, I need to get some splints! While I'm at the orthotics place, I am going to see how much my insurance will cover for some good shoe orthtics as well! I have the beginnings of arthritis in my toes and my toes are shifting causing them to "squish" together and then they fall asleep! This also creates a secondary problem called bunions!!!!! I inherited that gene from my mother! Yippee! So I am getting old and my body is falling apart! All the more reason to get this weight off, huh?

So looking forward to next week/next year!

Joy...your New Year's sounds just perfect! It will be just the 3 of us on NYE, probably rent some movies, make BBQ ribs and maybe invite some friends over! I much prefer to stay home on NYE and then whoop it up some other time when there aren't tons of crazies driving around and filling up all the restaraunts! I'm also working on those goals! I need to work on another collage...something that touches on not only the physical, but the 'inside" (feelings, emotions, etc.)! Maybe that will help me! Then I can hang them side by side...

Lucy...yum! Cheesy potatoes! I think I will make some for our NYE to go with the ribs! I LOVE them! Maybe you can share your recipe with me!? Gt some rest, chickie!

MsRD...sounds like you and Joy were in the same boat with laundry!!! LOL! And we WILL make those resolutions by Saturday!! It's all "up there"...just got to organize those thoughts, right?

I'm off to get ready for work! Happy Hump day to all of you!
Old 12-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #147  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hello chicks!

Yeah, so I've been absent for a while. You know, 'tis the season to be busy. I finally have a few days off from work. Have to work New Years Eve, then off for another 3 days. Almost like a mini-vacation. And it's about time!

Christmas here was good. Steve bought me everything I was planning to buy with my Xmas money from Grandma, so I got to pick out even more things to buy. I ended up with 2 size 14 skirts, a pair of size 16 pants, a medium sweater, and a suede handbag. And today I get to go get new snow tires on my car (finally!). So Christmas was good here for everyone concerned.

And then yesterday morning we get a letter from my cousin Billy. My mom had written him a letter with his card asking him to bring his daughter to see our grandparents before they are gone. Billy lives in NC, his daughter lives with her mom in SC (I think). A couple of years ago, after his wife left him, Billy came out and told us he was gay. He was disowned by his father and my grandfather, and we haven't seen him since. Grandma hears from him occasionally, and I'll get an email from him every once in a while, but we don't know much of what's going on with him. Ok, so yesterday we get this letter from him and I read it to Mom while we're driving to work. As it turns out, Billy has a brain tumor and is undergoing chemo and radiation and all of that, and now he's got testicular cancer, bone cancer in his leg, and spots on his lung. He says the doctors are optimistic, that he just has to get through it. It just bothers me that he's all alone, and that he doesn't even have his family. We had no idea he was even sick. Then he goes on to say how he has always wished that he could have been part of our family, because even though they were the ones with the material things, we were the ones who loved each other.

It makes me sad that there are people in this world who do not feel that they are loved by their families, and it makes me even sadder that some of them are my relatives.

*whew*

Ok, sorry, I just had to get that out.

Anyway, I haven't been paying the least bit of attention to what I have been eating. I've gained about 5 pounds over the past weeks (I say "about" because it's ToM, and that always throws it off a bit), but now I feel like my body is saying, "Ok, enough of this crap! Time to get healthy!" And that is a good thing. New Years Eve I'm fixing a nice, semi-healthy dinner for Steve and myself (grilled salmon, linguine, and broccoli with a reduced-calorie bearnaise sauce, perhaps some garlic bread, some wine), then New Years Day will be pork and sauerkraut with the family. After that, healthy, healthy, healthy. I wrote out my New Year's resolutions last night, and will post them eventually. I'm going to write out a workout schedule and stick to it. Things will be much easier now that holiday retail hours are gone and I'm back to a semi-normal schedule at work. Now if I can just get all these grad school applications in I'll be all set.

Ok, now that I've rambled for about half an hour, I need to go accomplish something. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and gearing up for a wonderful and healthy new year. In 2005, we are ALL going to kick some major butt!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:41 PM   #148  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

hey chickies! I had written a long post last night, and then when I posted, poof! Server cannot be found. Grrr! I gave up & went to bed. I've got a wicked head cold- a head full of snot. I'm taking the Walgreen's version of Sudafed (a.k.a. "Fake-a-fed") and trying to sleep a lot of this off.

I'm off today & tomorrow...the office is closed on Friday, and then, Monday I start in my new job, with my new loan officer, and my new office. I moved everything Monday afternoon & Tuesday, so I'm totally ready when the time comes.

I am hoping that with this change comes the change in mindset that lets me get back to the task at hand. I did so well for the first half of the year, and then things started to fall apart. I let the stress and aggravation & uncertainty take control, when I should have learned my lesson & controlled the things that I could, like my food, water, and exercise.

We've all learned so much this year...about ourselves & each other...and there is one thing that keeps surfacing- I can't do it alone. I need my support...my chickies who are also focused on what we need to do. My place to check in when the office is busy eating pizza and crap, and I'm eating chicken & veggies in my office, away from the party. My mojo comes from my support, both here, and at home.

So....that leads me to the new challenge, which I'll have up on 1/1. It's a new year, and a time for a new start. I've already re-set my tracker to 0, because I've got goals in mind for the new year, and I know I need to get things back in order.

It takes 21-28 days to form a habit. Good thing January has 31, just so we get some "extra" practice in, right? Instead of trying to juggle everything at once, think about what gave you the most trouble in 2004. Was it exercise? Planning meals in advance? Not giving in to late night munchies? Giving up soda, or sugar, or high-fat convenience foods? Let's tackle these, one at a time. In January, let's take that most troublesome aspect & focus on what we can do to practice that, and then build on it.

In the meantime, everyone take the next few days to reflect on how far we have come, and how much better we feel. How many improvements we've made so far, for our health, and for our well-being. It has been an amazing year, and I am so thankful for each and every one of you who have been a part of this group. I know I can't do it without you, and hope that you share that feeling.

If I don't make it back in here before the new challenge is up, Happy New Year, everyone! And here's to our continued success in 2005!!!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #149  
my dad made me1 from wood

hey everyone,
You guys all sound so wonderful, so my posts have been so short lately. I have my 5 nephews and nieces staying with me and its been hard to get on the puter.
I have decided not to weigh until new years day and then come up with a few goals based on my weight on new years.
I haven't gotten to exercise since monday of last week I'm thinking maybe i can today but well see. I'm gonna have to do personal post later.
Well i need to go take care,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:47 PM   #150  

Hello All

I think I am suffering from cooky withdrawal. Pathetic, isn't it? It will probably take me the rest of the week just to remember when "on plan" means! I tried today.....oatmeal & tea for breakfast......lunch was a chicken wrap & diet coke......dinner was steak & fried potatoes & peas (already prepared by DH when I walked in the door!). I feel like I ate a bit too much....but at least it was semi-healthy.

Lucy.....it is hard to get all the exercise in when you are working that many hours! Just keep up the water and that will help!

Squabb.....we have a quiet New Years also. We get together with another couple that we have known since college.......dinner at one of our homes & a movie and just plain catching up on what each other has been doing. This year, the dinner is here and I'm thinking.....baked chicken, potatoes, veggie, salad.....don't know about dessert yet.

Julie.....you are up and going! Biking for 25 minutes......that's the way to get this New Year started!

Elisha.....so sorry to hear about your cousin's illness......I am glad the doctor is optimistic. I hope you can convince at least some of your family to reach out to him.....he could probably use the moral support about now.

Jenn.....take care of that cold......rest this weekend, so you will be ready to hit the ground running on Monday.

Heather.....5 nieces & nephews visiting? I guess we can excuse you for not spending all your time on the puter!

My only resolution, thus far, is just to continue this weight-loss journey......as they say, "You can't win the game if you don't keep playing"