Old 12-14-2004, 08:01 PM   #106  

Height: 5 foot

Hi all! Thanks soo much for your encouragement and compliments!!! You all are soooo awesome! I don't have any time.. but I just wanted to make sure I checkin in and thanked you all! Talk with you tomorrow!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:54 PM   #107  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick Tues Nite check In

Hi chickies...
UGH! I feel a little...well...disappointed tonight! DD had her first "concert" at school. I was so excited for her and we got her all dressed up in her Sunday best. She looked so darned cute. She has a lot of anxiety/insecurity about not being with us and apparently was too freaked out tonight to even sit with her class, so she did not perform...and we left and came home!

Exercise...Nada!
Food...ok...had 2nds at work today...meatloaf! Sigh! Hubby made an awesome beef stirfry tonight...with rice and garlic bread! Too many carbs today! But I keep trying!
Water...around 50 oz. again today!

My story sounds like a broken record! Not much motivation here tonight!

You all sound great! Jaymi I am proud of your exercise...Gabby too! Makes me envious...and I know I can do it too...just gotta get moving again!

I need to finish this up and get to bed! Hope everyone has a good Hump Day!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 03:26 AM   #108  
Pending Email Confirmation

Arrow

Hello everyone

I had an uneventful day. Staying home getting some tasks done and studying. I seem to do okay with eating until DH gets home.

We went to the pool again tonight and I did 30 lengths (that's 3/4 of a kilometer). Trying to work toward a kilometer and then on to a mile. We'll see.

MsRD - I hate to admit this but I've only bought two gifts so far.... lots to do ... little money.... little effort.... I will definately have to get my arse in gear and get going on this. DH said maybe we'll take the kids (DD, DD'sSO & DGS#1 &#2) away to Ainsworth Hotsprings, but he sometimes doesn't follow through and then I'll be stuck. DD is having a bit of attitude lately so who knows ... I hate having no control and no say in some of this stuff .... oh well..... Kinda makes it tough to have the Christmas spirit. Where did all this come from????

Good job on getting your exercise done and your shopping completed..

Scorchin' - was it jogging or raquetball today? Sounds like fun when you have a sister to do things with. I was (and still am) an only child, so was my daugter. DH comes from a large family - 3 brothers and 2 sisters, but they are not too close - and so I'm not either.

Gabwill - Getting 3 rounds in is great - challenging yourself to go further and work harder really works as a motivator for me. Sounds like a good idea using the TAEBO as a tension / anxiety release. What kind of a training program did you start for the 10K running

Hope you feel better tomorrow Lucy.

Jennifer.... are you still on
Sorry to have to bore everyone with this - but I seem to have better success staying OP and focused when I do. So this is how things have gone for the past three days.

So this is how things stacked up today .....
1. Stay OP:
2. Exercise:
3. Water/Tea:
4. Touch Base:
5. Journal:
6. Become better organized :
7. Keep five pound goal in focus: having after dinner & after DH goes to bed troubles.

Well that's it for tonight (certainly is enough). Will check in tomorrow night after weigh in. Wish me luck

:-J
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #109  

Hey everyone! Well so far I haven’t done anything. My daughter stayed up past 1 am… I woke up with my hair soaking wet.. Why?!? She’s going through the stage on sucking on things. At first it was towels and shirt… Now it’s graduating to my HAIR!! SHEESH! Then she woke up around 3 am and at 6... And she’s been up ever since! Oh and drinking a half a gallon of milk along the way. So this morning I had to stop in and get some more! Passing up all of those chocolate donuts on the way!! Boy am I craving sweets!!! But TOM is coming… I think tomorrow! AT least I hope it comes! LOL Well anyways I’m rambling, I’m about to go fix my breakfast. My daughter should take two naps today.. And maybe I can get my exercise done then.

Heather, I wish I had my sister to exercise with!! I miss her!!

Julie.. My baby is like that with me… I was hoping she would grow out of that early!! My son was like that… but he’s not shy anymore! LOL

MsRd- Denise Austin.. YAY! I record her in the mornings, so a lot of times that I what I do! Did you like it? Good job on that workout! I haven’t bought ANY gifts yet.. So you aren’t doing worse than me! LOL Have to way until the paycheck comes! LOL

Joy, I really like that thingy with the smily faces on it. Cute Idea! Can I copy?!? LOL

Well anyone else I missed… Lucy, Jenn, Dill, Gabby, and everyone one else. Good luck and Be safe if any of you are out in this cold weather.. Or shopping! LOL STAY OP!! YAY! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Old 12-15-2004, 01:57 PM   #110  
my dad made me1 from wood

ms.RD- Congrats on the denise austin and 9hrs shopping sounds like plenty of exercise too.
Hikein- I think all kids go through that my nephew went through it now both of my nieces are I'm sure ur daughter will grow out of it soon.
Joy- that is a very cute idea. It was jogging yesterday the raquetball rooms were filled up till 8pm. I have two older sisters close to both of them however, one lives a couple hours away so i don't get to see her to much.
Jaymi- I remember that stage with my nephew I'd wake up and my whole shirt would be soaked. Hope u get ur exercise in today. I hate TOM.... yuckyness...... I remember when ur sister was down u guys sounded like u had fun.
Well today I did 40mins of treadmill I wanted to do more but I need to get ready for school tonight...

Talk to you ladies later keep warm and safe,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:41 PM   #111  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

I'm free! I'm free! LOL

Well, notice is in, and my last day is 12/27. I'll have 4 days off before the new job starts, and then I have to adjust my schedule & figure out when I can get in here to journal & check in on the forums. Lots to do...including take everything I've set up here to make things simple & shred them. Cheatsheets, pre-prepped files, etc. Not going to make it easy for the next person, who at this point, is the youngest offspring of MoniCow. Yeah, couldn't cough up the cash to pay me, but will find it to pay her daughter. Effing Bovine. There's a reason I call her MoniCow. Anyhow, I am doing my best to stay professional, even though I just want to choke the bejeezus out of her.

While I was at lunch, she went around the office talking to people telling them how "her girl" was leaving her, and how "she didn't even say anything to me." Um, cause I report to our manager, not you. Moo! She's talking crap, and it'll come back to hit her in the rectal region. Well, it'll have to compete with her head lodged there....

Help me chickies....help me keep my cool for the next week of ****. Then I can be an upbeat, cheery person at my next job. I can shrug off the cloak of negativity that has been dragging me down here, and to start fresh with a new boss, a new company, in a brand new office, where we are all starting off brand spanking new. It feels good to have the new opportunity....and a chance for me to add on to what I've learned so far, and then grow further.

Today, at a glance

Breakfast
12oz diet cooke
too nervous to eat my cottage double

Lunch
1 large meatball
1 heaping cup of spaghetti
1/4 cup sauce

Dinner
TBD

Exercise today: the start of the exodus of my stuff from this office.

I'll check in later & read & catch up!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #112  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Howdy chicks!

Ok, so I've been gone for a while, and rather scatter-brained. Took the GRE this morning. According to my unofficial scores I did ok, not fabulous like I was hoping, but not terrible, so I guess it could be worse. And I think I did pretty well on the essays, and since I'm going into English comp that's the part that really counts. Didn't do much of anything else today though, and I don't plan on doing anything. I might go over to Steve's, or maybe make him come over here, have some wine, fix a nice dinner, watch a movie. Or maybe not. I dunno.

I will say that I'm much less anxious than I was yesterday. Granted, I've still got my personal statement and grad school applications to worry about, but those aren't incredibly terrible, and I've got plenty of help with my statement (now I just have to get it written).

My eating has been atrocious. I don't even want to talk about it. I've probably gained 5 pounds. I am still thinking about it, but right now my diet doesn't seem that important, if that makes sense. I'm not giving up, but I just cannot stay focused on dieting right now. I don't even think it's because of the holidays, I just think it's the whole "What am I going to do with the rest of my life?" debate that's constantly going on in my head.

But rest assured, chicks, I am NOT done losing weight! There are still chapters yet to be written!

Jaymi--Glad to have you back with us, chick! Keep up the good work!

Jenn--Congrats on the new job!

Everybody else, you're all doing fabulous, each and every one of you! Keep on keepin' on! I'm proud of you!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:59 PM   #113  

well today I did alright. I did do my run (30 minutes-2.6 miles) but I ate fried chicken and a cookie. Not good for me but I wanted it so I took it. tomorrow should be better. Just wanted to check in.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #114  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Weds Nite Check In

Hi all~
Just a quick check in to let you all know that I am alive and well!

Food today:
B-fast: Coffee (2 cups!) a donut (bought them for the whole group today)
Lunch: A bit better, but not too awfully healthy...Chicken Fricasse on biscuit and pineapple upside down cake
Supper: Raviolli w/ just sauce, 1 sausage link (not low fat) and peas & carrotts (sauteed in margarine! YIKES!)

Water: Pretty good, although I've been thirsty all day...probably too much sodium in what I'm eating!

Exercise: None, but I sure could use it! I'm feeling fat!

I weighed in today! I'm still under 170...barely...holding at 169...don't know how long that will hold out if I keep up this pace! But sure am happy to have seen that on the scale today!

Today I brought home my inspiration!!!!! A little black dress...size 12...Liz Claiborne. You all will laugh when you find out how this came to be! Our residents in the Assisted Living Center are having a Christmas Dance on Saturday and the Activity Asst. there "borrowed" some dresses from Goodwill yesterday for the residents. Most of the ones left over were smaller sizes, but there was this one that caught my eye...a size 12. So I'm hanging it in front of my exercise bike. For 6 bucks, I have an inspiration! Yea!!!

I am hoping by March to be in that thing!!!!! So I have some work to do, dont' I!!! That's 2 months of kicking some serious a**!!! I know I can do it and come the first of the year, this a** is gonna start shaking...and I mean in a good way!!!!

Tomorrow I get to work late~! Going in at noon and then at 7pm, we will have our resident's Family Christmas gathering at work! It will be nice...just dessert, but a nice evening for the families and their loved ones! We have had about 50 RSVP, so that will be a good amount of people! It will definately fill up the dining room! I stopped at Kohl's tonight and bought a holiday long sleeved t-shirt (wanted a sweater, but realized it would be too hot!) for the occasion.

DD was a bit "crabby" tonight! She has her "monthly" fits of rage and now she has added "I don't want you" or "I don't love you" and then cries if I try to leave, or cries if I try to hold her! At one point, she was crying in her room saying "I want Mommy" over and over...so I went in her room and told her "I'm right here" and she proceeded to say "I don't want you"!!! I know it's a stage, and I'm finding it easier to stay calm with her, but I think I am going to have to get some books on this stage, so I can understand her a little better! This parenting thing...it's work!!!!

Comments everyone!

Elisha...Nice to have you back with us and congrats on taking that test! I know it's been hanging over your head for a while now! I'm sure it feels good to have it over! HOpe you had a nice dinner with BF!

Jennifer...I can read the relief all over your post!!!

Heather...keep kicking a** with the exercise! I'm proud of you! You inspire me!

Jaymi...you are back at it again chickie...I'm proud of you! Way to pass up on those donuts!

Joy, you are sounding a little down in the dumps chickie! Don't lose hope! You are still doing great! That swimming sounds awesome! Where are you that you can swim everyday like that? Daughter will come around and if she doesn't, she's a grown up and needs to fix things herself! That didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but just know I'm here for you if you ever need!

MsRd....glad you got the shopping done!

Alright chickies...gotta run! Have a great Thursday!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:52 AM   #115  
my dad made me1 from wood

Jennifer-sorry but ur post got me laughing moo... U should just let all ur frustration out on here it a great way to keep urself in check at work..
Welcome back Miss Elisha....
Gab- Don't feel bad about the fried chicken and cookie its better to have it then to want it and waste ur diet eating other stuff that u don't want...
hikein- I know you'll be able to wear the little black dress in no time.... your food sounds better than mine today ... I'll try to keep kicking arse..

I stayed below point range got 23.5
water should have been better
got to play 10mins of racquetball today was fun....
school was ok i hate talking in front of people....
well hubby yelling saying its bed time so night chickies,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:48 AM   #116  

Just a quick post tonight -- fell asleep on the couch, but wanted to do this before I went to bed.

Weigh in was tonight - I was down 1 pound. Yeah. Still only down 1.4 in December - my goal is 5.

Food was good until tonight after WW. DH got into the almond rocca and was eating a lot of it. I asked what was wrong -- then joined in and finished the can. Oh well tomorrow is a new day.... and its not far off either.

Goodnight all ... I'll catch up with comments tomorrow. Remember.... do the best you can do.

:-J
Old 12-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #117  

Hello everyone! Well I messed up last night. My dh went out and bought me some m&m's and a butter finger, snickers, and a nestle crunch!! I was upset because I wanted some chocolate! Well I didn't expect him to go get any!!! Well I ate the bag of m&m's last night.... and I just ate the chocolate off the butterfinger this morning. But oh well... I'll do some extra exercise for it today! Tom has went away again?!?!? I don't know what "he's " doing but he better get right! I definately have PMS... Anyways I haven't done anything today, I want to get some shopping done. I'll check back in later!

HI Heather, Elisha, Julie, Joy, Jennifer, Gabby, MsRd, Dill, Lucy, and anyone else I've missed!!!!

Old 12-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #118  

Hello All!

Just sat down to relax for the first time today. I had a dentist appointment this AM.....to fill a little cavity found in last months checkup......and ended up having a root canal! Eewwwwwww. Dentist gave me scrips for antibiotics and 600mg motrin.....I had no idea I was that sick! Work has been super busy - we are all trying to use up vacation time, so that leaves us shorthanded and just adds to the normal insanity. After work, I stopped and bought a poinsettia for Mom......then I worked with her on Christmas cards/gift for the family members.

Julie.....woohoo on the little black dress.....we want pictures! The stress of the holidays have to affect the kids too.....cut DD a little slack.....and maybe cut down on her sugar too....hehehe

Squabb.....Great job on the swimming....what a workout! And it's beginning to show on the scales too!

Jaymi.....good for you - passing up those choco donuts!

Jenn.....I am so happy for you! Above all, stay professional these next weeks......it just makes the heifer look worse!

Elisha......glad your GRE test is over. Maybe you can relax just a little now....it is difficult to stay focused on anything until your life calms down a bit.

Laundry calleth......and I haven't had dinner yet either. I am sooooo glad tomorrow is Friday!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:43 PM   #119  

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA.. PMS had really got me down. But I did get in 150 crunches and 55 minutes of my new Denise Austin dvd. I didnt hardly eat much today... but after those m&m's and butterfinger.. I didn't need to. I hope all is well with everyone! Sorry so grumpy!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:46 AM   #120  

Hi everyone

Well I got my exam over and done with. I'm not that confident with the result - went kinda brain dead when it came to the case study. Oh well.... we'll see I'm sure.

Kinda on again off again today. Lucky thing tomorrow is a new day.

No exercise either .... study study study.

Well its 11:45.... I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Have a awesome day - and be kind to yourself.

Hugs, :-J