Old 08-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #346  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default It's Thursday! :)

Morning, chickies! Wow, I feel good today. I feel so much better when I exercise. I feel like I got the body moving, and the blood pumping. I feel so much more alive & vibrant. And I sleep a lot better. Ahhh! And this morning, I feel so much more like myself- I have my curls back, and can stop worrying about looking like a tomato wearing a wig.

Today is going to be moderately busy- lots of stuff to get off my desk this morning, but I should easily get it done.

The plan:

Breakfast:
1/3 cup soy smart start
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double

Lunch
3/4 cup whole wheat pasta
2 meatballs
4oz diced peaches

PM exercise
2 miles WATP
Lower body workout

Dinner
chicken breast tenderloins with a light shake & bake breading
2 cups green beans
1 coconut fruit bar, if I do my entire workout before 6:30

And, I have a NSV to report....I'm wearing a size 1X pants today- a pair of brown, slinky knit pants, and they look good. They are a little more snug in the tush and stomach than I would usually be comfortable with, but I have a long shirt on that covers the "problem areas" leaving a great line with my killer calves & much smaller thighs. Feeling pretty "thin" in my head, even though the scale hasn't budged.

Julie- chickie, what's wrong? You're not a *****- not by a long shot, but then again, I'm partial to my chickies. How did Munchkin's first horse lesson go? Does she like? Did you avoid the ice cream?

Lisa- chickarina soup is awesome. It's like italian wedding soup without the spinach. It's chicken breast pieces, chicken broth, tiny meatballs, celery, carrots, and small, round pasta bits (think orzo size) and I always make it with extra water, to make it more filling. Hubby adds parmesan cheese to his. When I really want to kick it up, I add cooked canned veggies to make it heartier. Progresso makes chickarina soupp- check your local store, or have them order it.

I;m all for kicking this up. Let's get it started again, chickies! about 2 and a half weeks left in this challenge....let's make this count!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:46 PM   #347  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Okay chickies, I'm back!

I'm all ready for this challenge too! I walked 5 miles with my best friend last night, and I just did my 35 minutes on the stairclimber for today. I'm aiming to do an UB circuit after work, but when I work late it never seems to happen, so I guess we'll see. I'm getting pissed off at myself for slacking, so it's time for me to pick it back up! RIGHT NOW!
And I need lots and lots of water to detoxify from the past.... *ahem*... month and a half of terrible eating. I know what works and I'm going right back to it. If anyone even senses me about to slip... tazer my butt!

Today looks like this:

11:30am Coffee with creamer
1:00pm 35 minutes on stairclimber, 16 oz. water
After my shower (so probably around 2:00): 1/2 chicken and cheese quesadilla, another 16 oz. water
3:00pm Snack, probably raw veggies or crackers or rice cakes
6:00pm Whatever snack I didn't eat at 3
9:45pm UB circuit, 16oz water
10:15pm Dinner, TBD, at least another 16oz water.

Tomorrow is payday for me, and it should be a good one, so I'm going to the store to stock up on healthy food. I've also decided to get myself some new workout clothes--I've seen some really cute yoga shirts, and I could use another pair of shorts and a new sports bra. That's the bad thing about working at a mall--I always see stuff I want to buy!

I got on my treadmill this morning, because I really didn't feel like getting on the stairclimber, and I know that if I walk the hill that is all I will do, and that only takes 15 minutes or so, which isn't enough. But now the treadmill is making worse noises than it did before, so I guess that's it for that. I'd really like to invest in one of those Gazelle thingies. It looks like a lot of fun, but I've heard good and bad things about them. Has anybody used one? With the treadmill out of here, I would actually have room to use it.

Anyway, I've got to get stuff done, I'm running behind. I'll be back this evening to let you all know how my day turns out. I hope everyone is have a very healthy day!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #348  
"workin' on my fitness"

Elisha, it's good to see you back. Now get at it! I think we all slacked this month, after having a kickin' July. Would you mind posting your quotes here as well? I think we can all use an extra dose or 2 of motivation, and the additional kick in the pants.

splurge on the new sports bra- that's a must have. Can't let the girls bounce around & cause premature sagging....not a good idea. I've never done the Gazelle, but if you come to FL, I've got a treadmill that I hate & would set fire to if I though that would kill it. It's a manual treadmill, and it's got a set incline, which kicks the crap out of my very fat, out of shape body. 5 minutes & I swear I'm having a stroke. First chickie to FL gets it.

Seriously- I'd ship the damn thing if anyone actually wants it. Cheap, to a good home....you pay shipping. (can you tell I hate that machine?) Now the bike, I'd fight ya for.

Time to feign productivity for another 2 hours....but it's almost Friday!!!!!!!1
Old 08-19-2004, 04:33 PM   #349  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Boy, I had a rough morning…. But I’m getting better slowly, but surely! If I can get most of my stuff done today, I’m going to ask my dh if he’d watch the kids for me to sit in the hottub for a while.. Or maybe even come along! That would be nice.. But he probably won’t. (come along)

Jennifer- that koolaid with splenda is awesome.. Ain’t it!!

Julie- let’s be *****es together! It’s ok! It happens… I’m starting to think that it’s part of being a woman!

Ok, Lisa, I’m pretty good with the recipe thing.. Because I follow them almost everyday.. But as far as healthy… umm not always!! I try to make them as healthy as possible. I substitute as much as I can… Today I’m cooking shepherds pie.. And that is soo not healthy… so I’ll post one maybe tomorrow! But count me in!

Elisha- You are doing great chickie!! Keep up the good work!

Let’s see, so far I did:

30 minutes Denise Austin

ok, that’s it so far! Ha, ha, ha I ended up eating a double cheeseburger and fries for lunch… (ouch!!) I ate cereal and milk for breakfast and only had 1 cup of coffee. I attempted to drink water this morning.. But only drank like a cup. So I still have that to work on. I didn’t exercise last night because I was to busy cleaning up everything.. So I guess that could count a little!! Anyways I need to exercise at least for another 30 minutes to help get the edge off of that burger… So I will try to update later! I hope everyone is having a great day!

Rysa~ I’m soo sorry to hear that your quitting.. Mostly just because I won’t get to read your posts! Please try to keep in touch with us if you can just to say hi… We’ll miss you!

Ok, I gotta go try to get the baby to sleep! Talk with everyone later!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-19-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:04 PM   #350  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default What a slacker...

that's me! You all are motivating me though! Thank you very much! I guess I will climb up on this challenge wagon and join you...just not right now! I am starving and need to go find something to make for supper. Spaghetti sounds good! REmember the days I used to PLAN my meals weeks in advance??? I barely remember, but think that worked well for me!!!

Well, I'm starving and need to go eat!

I will be with you all in spirit tonight as I think about exercising but will start tomorrow...I PROMISE!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:15 PM   #351  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Here's how the day turned out:
Exercise: 35 minutes on stairclimber, 16 oz. water
Breakfast: 1/2 chicken and cheese quesadilla, as planned, coffee with creamer, 16oz. water
Lunch/Snack: 1 granola bar
Dinner: homemade cheeseburger with pickles and LF mayo, 6 wheat thins, 16oz. water and about ready for another

As I predicted, I didn't do the UB circuit. I'm just too stinking tired. Calories came in at 1267 today, so that's pretty good. I was looking for something else to munch on, but there's nothing really I want, so I'll just not munch. I did get a new sports bra, but now that I put it on it's not really that great (and thus the purpose of fitting rooms, which I am occasionally too stubborn to use). And I got a cute yoga shirt, but I didn't find any new shorts that I like... well, ok, I did, but they were expensive. But then I got my paycheck, and it's about $100 more than I was expecting (gotta love commission), so I'll probably go buy the shorts and another sports bra tomorrow. And healthy food!

Jennifer--Maybe I'll make a trip down to FL... I've got some vacation days just waiting for me to use them, and I do need a new treadmill. I'm not sure I could fit a treadmill in my tiny car though!
Oh, and I'll post quotes here too.

Jaymi--It sounds like you're getting back into your groove... keep it going!

Julie--Ok, aren't you the one who started this challenge? Come on, chickie, chop chop! Get motivated with us! We're really going to pick it up this time!

Lisa--What a great attitude you have! Hopefully it will rub off on the rest of us!

Ok, and now I need sleep. I have to get up early tomorrow so I can get my workout in, because I'm going out tomorrow night and won't get a chance. I'll check in in the morning. Have a great night, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 08-20-2004, 06:25 AM   #352  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

True happiness is impossible without true health. And true health is impossible without exercise. ** Vic Tanny
Old 08-20-2004, 06:36 AM   #353  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Yes, I'm up and at em today! Just finished my coffee (decided to switch to a smaller 4 oz. cup as opposed to my regular 10 oz. cup--we'll see how that works out), and now I'm heading for the stairclimber. I'm sleepy, and still physically tired, but I'm going to do it anyway. I know I will feel better when it's over. The scale this morning was back down to 202, and that definitely makes me feel better. Three more measley little pounds and I will be on top of the world. For at least a day or two.

Today's plan looks like this:

6:15am coffee with creamer
6:45am 35 min on stairclimber with UB circuit, 16 oz water
8:00am Breakfast: scrambled eggs and cheese in tortilla wrap... maybe another 4oz coffee
1:30pm Lunch: diet vanilla Coke, whole wheat bread with tuna and LF mayo, mini cheddar rice cakes, granola bar
7:30pm Dinner: TBD. I might go out for dinner, but if I do, I'm getting a salad, maybe some soup. The healthiest thing on the menu. I guess we'll see.
9:00pm Movie
After the movie: grocery shopping! I'm going to stock up on healthy food, rice cakes and low-cal bread and lean turkey lunch meat and some low-fat cheeses and hummus (yummy), some lemon for my water, and who knows what else. Whatever looks good to me, I guess.

Ok, I've got to get moving. Have a healthy day everyone!
~Elisha
Old 08-20-2004, 07:01 AM   #354  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Jaymi - I love shepherd's pie! Yum! Good job on the exercise attitude! You're going to be just fine, I just know it! (((extra hug)))

Elisha - Hi! IT's good to hear your "voice"! And, good job to you too on the exercising. How did the 4 oz. of coffee work out? I am having a real struggle with limiting the stuff! I could drink a pot in one day!

Jennifer - I must smile at the "premature sagging". No bra in the world can help me now!! Pregnancy and nursing did me in!! OOOH I am jealous of you!!!! LOL!!! HOpe you have a super day!!

Julie - Alright. YOu challenged me to 5 exercises before Wed, right?? So, you still have time chickie!! Plus, you were wanting to do toning! So, get your hiney in gear Julie . (((hugs))) to you - I can't sound stern even if I want to!! *sigh*

As for my update - last night I did 30 min. on the exercise bike. I am so sore this morning. My arms....from that WATP toning...oooh I am sore and out of shape. Oh, and I did get my water in yesterday, too!! And I stuck the scale over behind the toilet. That thing makes me crazy. I haven't weighed. I'm going to see if I can see a change in my clothes first.

Goint to post a recipe in a bit...let me get some coffee...

I hope you all have a super day, and let's meet back here just really briefly later on to report water, exercise and/or toning, and attitude.. We can do this!

Last edited by lisa girl; 08-20-2004 at 07:02 AM. Reason: sorry....I can't spell!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 07:17 AM   #355  
motomom

Default I want ME back!!!

I did do a little walk around the block last night with Kaleigh and one of the dogs. It wasn't too robust, but it WAS moving, so for that I am glad! I had every intention to get up this morning and exercise and I turned off my alarm...twice! I don't know if it's the weather or what, but I can't seem to drag my butt up before 7 these days, which leaves me no time to exercise! I am going to try again tonight to exercise when I get home. Today and the next 3 days will be busy, busy, busy. We have a health fair which I promised my boss I would show up for to do a shift, along with getting things wrapped up for the Car Show on Sunday. Tomorrow I promised my step Mom along time ago that I would come over and scrapbook with her (she has EVERYTHING I need there) so I will do that tomorrow for a few hours (she's an hour away). Then in the afternoon, I'm supposed to go to a picnic. Sunday is the big fund raiser/car show! I'm hoping for decent weather!

Will check back in tonight with y'all! Thanks for continuing to encourage me!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #356  
"workin' on my fitness"

Ugh...what a morning so far. Emergency trip to the vet for Zephyr, our 12 year old himilayan. Somehow she hurt herself, because she's got matted fur & dried blood that I found on her at 11pm, and after looking her over, there was fresh blood in the area. The vet opened at 7am, so we were up at 6 to be out the door at 6:30 and to the vet by 7am. Hubby is there with her now. Needless to say, no morning exercise with all that. I'll make it up this afternoon.

Elisha- you must have been up at the crack of dawn! The treadmill folds up....I'll even throw in a bungee cord to keep your trunk closed

Lisa- jealous??? of what? Heck, I've had sagging since I was 20- I'm just trying to keep them above waist level at this point! The day I can tuck them into my waistband is the day I have real problems.

Julie- you've got such a jam-packed weekend ahead of you. Hope you do get a few minutes to yourself.

Jaymi- been up & exercising yet, girlie? What are you preparing today?

Rysa- we'll miss you- peek in if you can- there will be challenges for the rest of the year, and really, more than anything else, it's a support group for us. We change the challenge to give fresh starts, add new people, and not have such a huge thread. If you find time, you're always welcome back! (((Rysa)))

ok- may as well get my plan for the day in here:

Breakfast
16 bite size mini wheats
1 chocolate mint Zone bar

Lunch
3/4 cup brown rice
3/4 cup chili
1oz shredded fat free cheddar cheese

PM exercise
2 miles WATP
UB workout w/ weights & resistance bands

Dinner
TBD- most likely chicken breast & veggies again

I'll check in later this weekend, with kitty news. Happy Friday, chickies!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:45 AM   #357  

Hello Chick-a-dees! Well I am soo tired this morning!! The coffee isn’t working! Why does coffee make my “brain” work overtime.. But not my body! My body feels dead! My daughter woke up at 3:30 this morning and wouldn’t go back to sleep! But.. I did get up at 5:30 and fix my dh's breakfast. I got in 55 minutes of exercise, and now it's time to get ready for school orientation. Both of my kids are fast asleep now, but it takes forever for me to prepare for a one hour outing! The bottles are all ready.. I think… so I just got to pack her bag, and get them both teeth brushed and dressed. Jariel her hair has just gotta make it today! That takes too long! I don’t have to cook, we are eating leftovers today, so I just gotta find something to do to keep me from being bored so that I won’t eat. But I definitely don’t want to be in the sun today.
I have no idea what we are going to plan for this weekend. Something FREE! I mentioned the pool, but my husband didn’t look enthused. Maybe the park.. But definitely not fishing… that’s stresses me out.. And I’m not doing it this week. Fishing involves me being nervous and anxious the whole time scared that my kids are going to fall in the water, and watching them while they rack my nerves running all over the place. And he just sits there.. Never catches any fish.. And says it is relaxing.. well the pool and the hot tub is relaxing for me.. So that’s it… I don’t feel like the beach this week.. The sand gets everywhere!!

My checklist for today

X Exercise (55 min Denise Austin)
_ School Orientation
_ Journal
_ Iron
X Laundry
X Wash Dishes
_ Bathrooms
_ Living room
_ Send Mail

Tomorrow is weigh-in day… not looking for a loss, just hoping not to have gained… I gained one more lb I‘d be soo upset!!!! I can't get personal with everyone, but the breast thing is WAAAAAY too funny!!! That's why I wear 2 sports bras.. and their sore all the time! Plus I buy cheap bras so that I can sew the straps and the back "real tight" Expensive bras don't do me justice... and underwire doesnt either! Anyways, I hope everyone is having a blessed day!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-20-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:49 AM   #358  

Here is my recipe for the day.. I recommend adding a little more water to this... I cooked this last Sunday. Basically it's Pork chops in home made barbque sauce.. but it tastes great! I don't know the calories.. but I know this is healthy because it is in a diabetic recipe book:

Daddy’s Pork Chops

Ingredients:

6 (4 oz) lean boneless pork chops
1 medium onion, chopped
¾ cup catsup
1 cup water
2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs. Apple cider vinegar
2 tbs. Brown sugar
1 ¼ tsp. Paprika
1 ¼ tsp. Chili powder

Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Place chops in baking dish and cover with onions. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and over chops. Bake, uncovered for 90 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #359  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Chicken!

Here's a way I love to do chicken:

Spray pan generously with Pam and put in boneless chicken breasts. Season them with salt, pepper, onion powder, and some garlic powder. Cook until done. Pour over the top- one jar of spaghetti sauce (whatever kind..lowfat is good) -a can of mushrooms - and about a cup of minute Rice. Let that simmer for a bit until the rice seems done. Then I pour on the top of the chicken some low fat mozzarella cheese and let that melt.

Can you tell I don't usually cook by a recipe?? I made this up, and my entire family likes it. I'm always looking for a new way to do chicken!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 07:10 AM   #360  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymi_Dol_78

Here is my recipe for the day.. I recommend adding a little more water to this... I cooked this last Sunday. Basically it's Pork chops in home made barbque sauce.. but it tastes great! I don't know the calories.. but I know this is healthy because it is in a diabetic recipe book:

Daddy’s Pork Chops

Ingredients:

6 (4 oz) lean boneless pork chops
1 medium onion, chopped
¾ cup catsup
1 cup water
2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs. Apple cider vinegar
2 tbs. Brown sugar
1 ¼ tsp. Paprika
1 ¼ tsp. Chili powder

Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Place chops in baking dish and cover with onions. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and over chops. Bake, uncovered for 90 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
Yum, Jaymi....Those sound great! I love to find different ways tocook pork! I do them in the crockpot...pour a bottle of bbq sauce over them and let them cook all day! So tender and yummy! But these sound good too! I will try...maybe I can do them in the crockpot as well!
Julie